Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheKingofLimbs
Stranger
My BHO Process and other questions
    #795851 - 10/04/15 05:07 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

1. Grind up the weed
2. place in glass extraction tube
3. place 50 micron filter on top
4. secure with a rubber band as well as one of those things where you tighten the screw of a metal band... not sure what it's called.
5. place the right cap on the top of the butane plastic thing where it comes out. There are certain brands that have different caps that you can snap tips off of to use in the extractor tube.
6. Boil a pot of water
7. Blast the butane into a glass 9x13
8. Fill up a turkey tin with the boiling water and place the BHO in the glass pan to boil off the butane.
9. Wait...
10. Smoke

Of course I know I am missing steps... Not sure what steps, not sure what I am doing wrong, but I usually get shatter or wax from this method. It crackles really loudly indicating that it is impure, but I don't know what else to do t make it better.

Additionally, I have one of those silicone slick mats... not sure how to put it to use. The last batch of bho, I sprayed it into the mat in the bottom of the glass pan. Then I scraped what was on the mat and collected it. It kinda dried on there... I think it might be ruined. Not sure.

So anyone know what I should do to make my next batch legit?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleP-O

Re: My BHO Process and other questions [Re: TheKingofLimbs] * 1
    #795897 - 10/04/15 04:13 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

hey dude

welcome to the growery. 

First off you dont NEED to boil the water.  hot tap water evaps it super quick (double boiler).  Boiling water takes too long to boil imo.  just use hot water... once it luke warm, just replace with hot again

the LOUD crackly sounds when u dab it means you still have solvent in your product.  Smoking this is not healthy and causes headaches and the dreaded "oil cold" if you smoke it for too long. 

Those silicon mats AKA "oil slick pads" is just a way to collect and store the finished oil so it does not stick to what your putting it in.  I like to put my finished product on them , but personally i dont use em to make the bho.

My recommendation to you :  You need to purge your bho proper till its pretty much a solid.  It should not be runny in any way .
There is many ways to do this

If you dont have access to a vac and heat chamber then you can do a few things to purge it.

-you can put it in a container then put the container on a candle warmer.  slowly mixing it while it heats up.  its gonna bubble like mad.  but thats a good thing!! if its starts expanding too much, take it off and cool it.  I usually do this over and over till all the bubble stop.  After that its a solid and burns clean and wont crackle.

Most people dont own a candle warmer so you can make ear wax:

To make ear wax u "Whip the bho" fast over heat (boiling water, or a warm heater, warm hot plate.)  I prefer not to use boiling water, as it cools quick and needs to be re boiled a few times.  just keep whipping it till it stops boiling and becomes a wax texture.  You should be able to pick it up by hand if you did it proper after.

there is tons of youtube vids on how to make ear wax.

good luck dude.  :thumbup:

Edited by P-O (10/04/15 08:21 PM)

OfflineTheKingofLimbs
Stranger
Re: My BHO Process and other questions [Re: P-O] * 1
    #795931 - 10/05/15 12:26 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Those are some good suggestions. I wonder if there is a way to make a heat vaccuum. I saw one at a head shop for like 450 bucks.

Seems like making one could be a possibility, but I forsee a large fire.

Any way, thanks for the info and the welcome.

InvisibleP-O

Re: My BHO Process and other questions [Re: TheKingofLimbs]
    #795974 - 10/05/15 05:29 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

making a vac chamber is pretty easy.  just get a negative pressure vac online and build a solid chamber with stuff from the hardware store.  Seen a few home made ones they work well

InvisibleCBDFarm
Quit the Growery
Re: My BHO Process and other questions [Re: P-O]
    #796739 - 10/13/15 01:48 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Don't smoke anything not vacuum purged. Save your health.5 gallon one for 265 shipped to your door. Ive seen smaller sizes aswell. Anything just hot bathed will still have residual solvent(butane) in it. It will sizzle,crackle, and just be plain unhealthy. Get a vacuum chamber.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shatter-Vac-5-Gallon-Vacuum-Chamber-and-3-CFM-Single-Stage-Pump-Kit-/271698876370?hash=item3f4283d7d2

InvisibleP-O

Re: My BHO Process and other questions [Re: CBDFarm]
    #796879 - 10/14/15 03:41 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

back in the day we would get our "honey oil" sometimes runny... aka it was still full of solvent .

This was 15 yrs ago, way before "dabs".  I remember if u smoked too much u would get a "oil cold" :facepalm:

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
    #796918 - 10/14/15 11:48 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Ive never made any...
Does fan evap work at all for this?

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

InvisibleP-O

Re: My BHO Process and other questions [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #796919 - 10/14/15 11:58 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

na.  it wont remove solvent

InvisibleCBDFarm
Quit the Growery
    #796988 - 10/15/15 08:39 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

No, vacuum chamber/oven is the only way if you want a full deep purge.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies