Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >
InvisibleP-O

Re: Growery's fitness/workouts/health/clean food thread. [Re: P-O]
    #792296 - 09/03/15 09:09 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBumble_Dick
loathsome brute
Male User Gallery

Loc: cage-free tomatoes
    #792310 - 09/03/15 10:58 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Just went for a 15 minute run with the dogs after going to the park for an hour.

InvisibleP-O

Re: Growery's fitness/workouts/health/clean food thread. [Re: Bumble_Dick]
    #792313 - 09/03/15 11:02 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

:hi5:

hell ya..  You burn just as many calories walking a km, as you do running it.  So everytime u take the dogs for even a walk your doing a workout.

Im sore as shit today.  Those squats tore up my legs,  havin trouble walkin up and down the stairs today.  lol  I like the "Sore" feeling tho, u know the muscles got torn up and will rebuild stronger.

I might go for a long as bike ride today if i get the energy

OfflineBumble_Dick
loathsome brute
Male User Gallery

#792329 - 09/03/15 06:24 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I use a pedometer,  and average 25-35k steps during work hours.

Invisiblethoughts
Stranger

Re: Growery's fitness/workouts/health/clean food thread. [Re: Bumble_Dick]
    #792477 - 09/05/15 11:22 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I might go swim in the motherfucking ocean like a god damn fish today.
I could probably rent a SUP board if the dude's in the area..:strokebeard:

--------------------

InvisibleP-O

Re: Growery's fitness/workouts/health/clean food thread. [Re: thoughts]
    #792780 - 09/07/15 10:24 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Iron and the Soul – By Henry Rollins

I believe that the definition of definition is reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself.

Completely.

When I was young I had no sense of myself. All I was, was a product of all the fear and humiliation I suffered. Fear of my parents. The humiliation of teachers calling me “garbage can” and telling me I’d be mowing lawns for a living. And the very real terror of my fellow students. I was threatened and beaten up for the color of my skin and my size. I was skinny and clumsy, and when others would tease me I didn’t run home crying, wondering why. I knew all too well. I was there to be antagonized. In sports I was laughed at. A spaz. I was pretty good at boxing but only because the rage that filled my every waking moment made me wild and unpredictable. I fought with some strange fury. The other boys thought I was crazy.

I hated myself all the time. As stupid at it seems now, I wanted to talk like them, dress like them, carry myself with the ease of knowing that I wasn’t going to get pounded in the hallway between classes. Years passed and I learned to keep it all inside. I only talked to a few boys in my grade. Other losers. Some of them are to this day the greatest people I have ever known. Hang out with a guy who has had his head flushed down a toilet a few times, treat him with respect, and you’ll find a faithful friend forever. But even with friends, school sucked. Teachers gave me hard time. I didn’t think much of them either.

Then came Mr. Pepperman, my advisor. He was a powerfully built Vietnam veteran, and he was scary. No one ever talked out of turn in his class. Once one kid did and Mr. P. lifted him off the ground and pinned him to the blackboard. Mr. P. could see that I was in bad shape, and one Friday in October he asked me if I had ever worked out with weights. I told him no. He told me that I was going to take some of the money that I had saved and buy a hundred-pound set of weights at Sears. As I left his office, I started to think of things I would say to him on Monday when he asked about the weights that I was not going to buy. Still, it made me feel special. My father never really got that close to caring. On Saturday I bought the weights, but I couldn’t even drag them to my mom’s car. An attendant laughed at me as he put them on a dolly.

Monday came and I was called into Mr. P.’s office after school. He said that he was going to show me how to work out. He was going to put me on a program and start hitting me in the solar plexus in the hallway when I wasn’t looking. When I could take the punch we would know that we were getting somewhere. At no time was I to look at myself in the mirror or tell anyone at school what I was doing. In the gym he showed me ten basic exercises. I paid more attention than I ever did in any of my classes. I didn’t want to blow it. I went home that night and started right in.

Weeks passed, and every once in a while Mr. P. would give me a shot and drop me in the hallway, sending my books flying. The other students didn’t know what to think. More weeks passed, and I was steadily adding new weights to the bar. I could sense the power inside my body growing. I could feel it.

Right before Christmas break I was walking to class, and from out of nowhere Mr. Pepperman appeared and gave me a shot in the chest. I laughed and kept going. He said I could look at myself now. I got home and ran to the bathroom and pulled off my shirt. I saw a body, not just the shell that housed my stomach and my heart. My biceps bulged. My chest had definition. I felt strong. It was the first time I can remember having a sense of myself. I had done something and no one could ever take it away. You couldn’t say shit to me.

It took me years to fully appreciate the value of the lessons I have learned from the Iron. I used to think that it was my adversary, that I was trying to lift that which does not want to be lifted. I was wrong. When the Iron doesn’t want to come off the mat, it’s the kindest thing it can do for you. If it flew up and went through the ceiling, it wouldn’t teach you anything. That’s the way the Iron talks to you. It tells you that the material you work with is that which you will come to resemble. That which you work against will always work against you.

It wasn’t until my late twenties that I learned that by working out I had given myself a great gift. I learned that nothing good comes without work and a certain amount of pain. When I finish a set that leaves me shaking, I know more about myself. When something gets bad, I know it can’t be as bad as that workout.

I used to fight the pain, but recently this became clear to me: pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. But when dealing with the Iron, one must be careful to interpret the pain correctly. Most injuries involving the Iron come from ego. I once spent a few weeks lifting weight that my body wasn’t ready for and spent a few months not picking up anything heavier than a fork. Try to lift what you’re not prepared to and the Iron will teach you a little lesson in restraint and self-control.

I have never met a truly strong person who didn’t have self-respect. I think a lot of inwardly and outwardly directed contempt passes itself off as self-respect: the idea of raising yourself by stepping on someone’s shoulders instead of doing it yourself. When I see guys working out for cosmetic reasons, I see vanity exposing them in the worst way, as cartoon characters, billboards for imbalance and insecurity. Strength reveals itself through character. It is the difference between bouncers who get off strong-arming people and Mr. Pepperman.

Muscle mass does not always equal strength. Strength is kindness and sensitivity. Strength is understanding that your power is both physical and emotional. That it comes from the body and the mind. And the heart.

Yukio Mishima said that he could not entertain the idea of romance if he was not strong. Romance is such a strong and overwhelming passion, a weakened body cannot sustain it for long. I have some of my most romantic thoughts when I am with the Iron. Once I was in love with a woman. I thought about her the most when the pain from a workout was racing through my body.

Everything in me wanted her. So much so that sex was only a fraction of my total desire. It was the single most intense love I have ever felt, but she lived far away and I didn’t see her very often. Working out was a healthy way of dealing with the loneliness. To this day, when I work out I usually listen to ballads.

I prefer to work out alone. It enables me to concentrate on the lessons that the Iron has for me. Learning about what you’re made of is always time well spent, and I have found no better teacher. The Iron had taught me how to live. Life is capable of driving you out of your mind. The way it all comes down these days, it’s some kind of miracle if you’re not insane. People have become separated from their bodies. They are no longer whole.

I see them move from their offices to their cars and on to their suburban homes. They stress out constantly, they lose sleep, they eat badly. And they behave badly. Their egos run wild; they become motivated by that which will eventually give them a massive stroke. They need the Iron Mind.

Through the years, I have combined meditation, action, and the Iron into a single strength. I believe that when the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts. Time spent away from the Iron makes my mind degenerate. I wallow in a thick depression. My body shuts down my mind.

The Iron is the best antidepressant I have ever found. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength. Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it’s impossible to turn back.

The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you’re a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.

InvisibleP-O

#792783 - 09/07/15 11:00 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineBumble_Dick
loathsome brute
Male User Gallery

#792785 - 09/07/15 12:13 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I just took the dogs on ~a mile jog, did 10 minutes on the stair climber, and ~15 minutes of light weight lifting, followed by a 5 minute jog.

InvisibleP-O

Re: Growery's fitness/workouts/health/clean food thread. [Re: Bumble_Dick] * 1
    #792815 - 09/07/15 05:33 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Here are 150 of the best muscle building tips I could piece together in one evening. They are short, sweet and to the point. But don't let that fool you. Follow them and you'll be successful.
150 Muscle Building Tips

1) Compound exercises are your best tools for growth. Use them.

2) Eat your biggest meal of the day about 30 to 60 minutes after you lift weights.

3) Get strong! There are no weak bodybuilders. You don't have to become a powerlifter, but you do need to dramatically improve your strength over what it is now.

4) Squats are king of the muscle builders, and they are not bad for your knees unless your form is horrible and/or you are half-squatting.

5) Deadlift. If squats are king, deadlifts are second in command. They are not bad for your back unless your form is horrible.

6) Learn proper form. Read every article, and watch every video you can on proper exercise form. There is no excuse for having sub-par squat and deadlift form.

7) Balance your upper body work. This means equal effort for chest, back and shoulders. Stop doing 7 exercises for chest and only lat pull downs for back. Balance will keep you healthy, strong and help to stave off shoulder issues.

8) Beginners...stop training like advanced lifters, using advanced splits and training techniques. They are not needed. What you need is to get strong on the basic compound lifts more than anything.

9) Beginners...stop adding training volume. Having 3 bicep days per week isn't going to help. You need to get strong right now, not fatigue yourself with endless sets.

10) Stop believing that muscle building is rocket surgery. It isn't. Get stronger, eat enough food and stay persistence.

11) Stop missing workouts.

12) Stop complaining about muscle soreness. It's part of the game. Don't miss workouts because of it. No excuses - get to the gym.

13) Stop complaining about every ache, pain or strain. Lifting weights is hard, and a man's game. You're going to feel off occasionally. No excuses - get to the gym.

14) Proper muscle building nutrition is much more than broccoli, rice and chicken breasts. Eat a variety of whole foods each week.

15) Eat more red meat.

16) Eat more eggs, including the yolks. Egg yolks are nutritionally dense.

17) Drink plenty of water. Then drink more.

18) Sleep at least 8 hours a night and take naps when possible.

19) Learn to cook. Muscle building nutrition doesn't have to be bland.

20) Having trouble reaching your calorie goals? Add butter or olive oil to your veggies.

21) Having trouble reaching your calorie goals? Switch to whole milk, and drink at least 3 large glasses per day.

22) Having trouble reaching your calorie goals? Add sour cream and cheese to every possible meal.

23) Having trouble reaching your calorie goals? Snack on almonds and nuts in between meals.

24) Beginners...stop obsessing about muscle confusion. You won't plateau for years and years. Confuse your muscles with more weight.

Cable Extensions25) Stop changing workouts every 2 weeks. This is a huge waste of time. You're spending more time adapting to the specific conditioning requirements of the workout than you are building muscle.

26) Obsess about keeping your abs and undereat to stay lean, and that's all you'll ever be: skinny with abs.

27) Learn to evolve your training based on needs rather than making random workout changes.

28) Industry standard bodybuilding workouts contain a high percentage of nonsense. Ever notice how 95% of these workouts never tell you how to add weight? Guess what - adding weight is the cornerstone of progress and results.

29) Not all supplements are bad, but some supplement claims can be. Learn the difference.

30) Very few muscle building topics are black or white. Balance what you read with what advanced, successful lifters are using.

31) Science can help, but training is still an art. Everybody is different. Try new things based on science, but tweak them to fit your personal needs.

32) Anyone that insists a topic or training concept is 100% black or white should be approached with caution. Different things work for different lifters.

33) Progression of weight is the magic muscle building key.

34) Why does every workout seem to work? Because a lifter who is dedicated, eats right and gets stronger can thrive on even the most unorganized muscle building workout.

35) Fat is not bad. Do not avoid healthy fats. Your body needs fat to function properly.

36) Eat 90% healthy, whole foods. Allow some of your calories to be fun calories, so you can stay sane and a member of the human race.

37) Just because someone has a six pack doesn't mean they know how to build muscle. Learn the difference between a diet expert and good muscle building advice.

38) Squats above parallel are dangerous (bad for the knees).

39) 20 rep squats are insane and amazing. Try them.

40) Have more sex. It's good for you.

41) Perform cardio 3 times a week for overall health. better health is never a bad thing.

42) Cardio will not limit your gains. Only poor effort in the gym and a weak diet will limit your gains.

43) A great back training combination includes the deadlift, a row, and a lat exercise like pullups, rack chins or lat pulldowns.

44) Dips are underused but potent. They were once considered the upper body squat. Don't underestimate their ability to pack on chest and tricep mass.

45) Find abs exercises that allow you to increase resistance, like weighted situps or cable crunches.

46) Stubborn calves? Try heavy, low rep, high volume work for several months as a change of pace to high rep sets.

Muscle Building Tips

47) Most bulks that result in excessive fat gain and little muscle gain happen because 90% of the emphasis is placed upon the diet. A bulk is only going to work if you train insane. Go crazy with compound exercises and building strength so you can maximize muscle growth without wasting those extra calories.

48) Eat as many fruits and veggies as you want. Red, green and yellow colors equal plenty of nutrition.

49) The body needs sodium. Don't under-consume salt.

50) Having a proper sodium/potassium balance is very important for overall health. Instead of worrying about salt, make sure you are taking in enough potassium.

51) Your body needs cholesterol to function properly. If you are eating healthy, don't obsess about your cholesterol intake.

52) Pound for pound the best bicep builders are heavy rows and pullups/chinups. Barbell curls are a good addition to these exercises.

53) Use a heavy compound lift and an extension when targeting triceps; for example...close grip bench presses and two arm seated dumbbell tricep extensions.

54) Dips and close grip bench presses are potent tricep builders.

55) Want big arms? Remember that the triceps makes up 2/3rds of your arm size.

56) Lagging traps? Try the combination of heavy deadlifts, power cleans, power shrugs, heavy behind the neck presses and heavy rows.

57) Don't discount fullbody workouts. Prior to the steroid era they built some amazing physiques. Even Arnold Schwarzenegger himself was weaned on fullbody routines

58) Heavy rows are the best rear delt builders.

59) Isolation exercises stalling and becoming hard to add weight without compromising form? Switch to a machine isolation exercise instead; one that allows a higher range of progression.

60) Perform your compound exercises first while you are fresh.

61) Training for failure is not necessary, and generally involves more risk than reward. Stop a set when you feel like you might fail on the next rep.

Powerful Bodybuilder62) Don't train with poor form. If your exercise form starts to deteriorates during a set, stop the set.

63) Performing the bench press with your arms flared out at 90 degrees is one of the worst things you can do for your shoulders. Being your elbows in to about a 30-60 degree angle, give or take.

64) Don't bounce bench press reps off your chest. This is dangerous in many ways.

65) Don't curl in the squat rack. The squat rack is sacred, and for squatting.

66) When bench pressing make sure your elbows are directly over your wrists. With your arms at a 30-60 degree angle from your side, this will help you find a natural grip width.

67) Close grip bench presses are NOT performed with your hands 6 inches apart. This is a good way to injure your wrists. Tuck your elbows at your side, and make sure your wrists are over your elbows. This will help you find the proper width.

68) Eating 180 to 240 grams of protein per day isn't going to harm your kidneys. Eat your protein.

69) Eat a variety of protein foods...meat, chicken, fish, eggs, milk. Each protein source has a difference amino acid profile, so variety is a good thing.

70) Lifting weights will not stunt your growth.

71) Creatine is a quality choice and has been extensively researched. Try it for yourself.

72) Work big muscle groups before small muscle groups.

73) If you are using a split, separate your shoulder and chest days as much as possible. Both are "pressing" days and utilize the same muscle groups to different degrees.

74) Beginners...rest as much as you lift. For every lifting day you want a day off. Your body is responding to the intense demands of lifting and you need plenty of rest and food.

75) Stop calling yourself a hardgainer. Focus on getting your bench press to 300, squat to 400 and deadlift to 500. Once there, look in the mirror and see if you're still a "hardgainer."

76) Muscle building takes years, not weeks or months. Don't forget that.

77) If you really want to learn something interesting, ignore how a bodybuilder trains now, and find out how he trained the first 2 years when packing on mass.

78) Train most compound exercises between the 5-12 rep range. Heavy weight works best with moderate reps.

79) Train most isolation exercises between the 8 to 15 rep range. Lighter weight isolation lifts work best with a few extra reps.

80) Muscle soreness is not a be all, end all indicator of workout effectiveness.

81) Beginners...stop focusing on "the pump." A pump won't help if you're using wimpy weights.

82) Eat some protein 60-90 minutes prior to lifting, but don't train on a full stomach. Use whey protein if you have to.

83) Enjoy the journey.

Seated Cable Rows

84) It's ok to insert your favorite exercises as long as 80% of your workouts consist of potent movements.

85) Taking advice from a lifter without personal experience is a risky journey. Do your homework.

86) Be careful about trusting Internet advice from someone who doesn't have up at least a picture, video or some form of valid credentials.

87) You never master form on the big lifts. Remember that. The heavier the weight, the more challenging keeping proper form becomes.

88) Overhead presses are not inherently bad for the shoulders, but doing 5 bench press variations while ignoring overhead presses is.

89) It is generally better to perform compound movements before machine exercises.

90) Don't look for ways to make your workout easier; look for ways to make it harder. Embrace the most challenging exercises!

91) Never perform cardio before your weight training. Save your energy for muscle building, and when done do cardio.

92) Performing cardio after lifting? Consider giving your body some protein in the form of a small whey shake before hitting the treadmill.

93) Ignore the nonsense that all supplement companies are to be ignored. Some fringe products are certainly hyped, but that doesn't mean all supplements are without value.

94) Add volume after you've already built a fair amount of strength.

95) Add advanced training techniques like drop sets and slow negatives after you've added a fair amount of strength.

96) Don't trust everything you read on the Internet. Even this article. Research and try things for yourself.

97) Don't discount upper lower splits.

98) When looking at bodypart volume, consider weekly sets. You could do something like 9-15 sets one day a week, 5-8 sets twice a week, or 3-5 sets 3x a week.

Cable Curls99) There are no magic number of sets and reps.

100) How many sets should you do? Use the "one hour guideline." As long as you are training hard and keeping your workouts around an hour, you will be performing a sensible number of sets.

101) The stronger you get, the more using higher rep sets for compound lifts becomes a solid way of training for muscle building.

102) Don't be afraid to take a complete week away from the gym every 8-12 weeks. You won't shrivel up and lose all your muscle. In fact, you'll heal some nagging aches and pains and probably train better when you come back.

103) Intermediate lifters can use a lighter week every 3-4 weeks. Call it a deload. This will allow you to go hard and heavy for several weeks, and then take a lighter week to recover.

104) How wide should your squat stance be? Get in a position like you were guarding someone in basketball and check your foot width. This should be about your squat stance width.

105) Do not squat with your knees forward. Knee angle should match toe angle, and toe angle for most is about 30 degrees. During squats your toes and knees should never be pointed straight ahead.

106) Believe in your workout plan. If you won't trust it will yield results, why are you using it?

107) Eat when you're hungry. This is simply good old fashioned common sense.

108) Snacks in between meals don't have to be complicated. Fruit, protein shakes, whole milk, almonds and nuts, string cheese, protein bars and beef jerky are all simple but solid choices.

109) Start with the basic supplements...a quality multivitamin, fish oil and whey protein. Once you are consistent with your training and making gains, then you can explore things like pre-workout formulas, BCAA drinks and creatine.

110) There's a good chance if you're an ectomorph that you might benefit from more frequent lifting. So try out a fullbody workout.

111) If you're very overweight focus on training hard and getting stronger while dropping the fat. This should be your main priority.

112) Overweight lifters who are trying to lose fat should not train with lighter weight and higher reps. Switching to lighter weights signals they body that you no longer need as much muscle tissue.

113) True plateaus take years and years to reach. Gains always slow over time. If you're adding a couple or reps to a lift each month, you're not stalling.

114) Leg presses are a good exercise, but they are not better than squats. If you want a great leg blasting tag team, use both.

115) Log your workouts. You must use some system of training your progress.

116) Avoid unmotivated training partners who are always late or rarely show up. Surround yourself with motivated people, or no one at all.

117) If you can't do bench presses because you have no spotter, use dumbbell bench presses instead.

118) If you're going to train to failure, do so only on your last set of an exercise.

119) Never waste a set. If you aren't pushing for as many reps as possible, there's no point in performing the set.

120) Always try to improve. If you performed 7 reps for an exercise last week, try for 8 or 9 this week.

Dumbbell Curls

121) When losing fat, rapid weight loss usually leads to rapid muscle loss. Try to lose no more than 1.5 to 2 pounds of fat per week.

122) Be careful about trusting advice focused around extremes. Most lifters are in the middle, and not utilizing extreme training or dieting practices.

123) Understand that natural muscle builders will never get as big as steroid users. It's a fairy tale to believe so.

124) If you are unsure about squat form, use goblet squats for several weeks to get the feel for the exercise.

125) Ignore extreme claims such as: "Gain 2 inches on your arms in 2 months with this bicep blaster", or "pack on 10 pounds of muscle in 4 weeks." This is simply nonsense created to get your attention.

126) Use straps if you have to on rows and pullups. Never let a sub-par grip hinder your back training.

127) Want a stronger grip? Try 30 to 60 second barbell static holds in a squat rack.

128) Never perform a compound exercise without first performing a few non-taxing warmup sets.

129) Train your abs last. They are a small muscle group. Blast bigger muscle groups first.

130) You don't need to train abs every day. 1-3 times per week is plenty.

131) So what if you're tired. Workout! Odds are you'll feel better when you're done, and the quality of your performance will most likely surprise you.

132) Don't be afraid to train opposing bodyparts together - chest with biceps, back and triceps. Variety can be a good thing.

133) For fun, finish a bodypart with a pump set. Blast it with a 20-40 rep killer set before moving on.

134) Lagging body part? Try a 7-14 day blitz. Hit it with 10 sets per day, every day, using moderate weight. Then rest that bodypart completely for a week.

135) Limited with time? Try rest-pause training.

136) Hammer your shoulders! It's ok to use more than one pressing movement per shoulder workout. Stop babying your shoulders.

137) Eat first thing in the morning. You're body has been without fuel. Kick start your day with some quality fuel.

138) Eat frequent protein. This has been the staple in bodybuilding for decades, and has never let a lifter down to my knowledge. Eat at least 4 protein meals per day, with 5-7 meals being optimal.

139) Use the "shake and bake" rule post workout. Have a whey shake immediately after training, and 30-90 minutes later eat a whole foods meal (something that is baked/cooked, etc.).

140) Eat your protein before bed. If you're not up for whole foods, drink a casein protein shake.

141) Don't miss meals. Don't miss workouts, don't miss meals...seeing the big picture?

142) Frequently tired? Use a pre-workout formula to give you an extra workout boost.

143) Workout during the time of day when you have the most energy, or when you are least likely to miss workouts.

144) Hate veggies? Dice 2 handfuls of spinach and then sautee in a frying pan until wilted. Spinach reduces down to virtually nothing, is tasteless, and can now be added into nearly any dish. Quick and easy veggies!

145) Ignore haters and detractors. Stay away from people trying to keep you from reaching your goals.

146) In a rut? Try something completely different like a 10x10 workout.

147) There is no need to frequently test your max. Get out of this habit and focus on muscle building.

148) Stop believing that days off are wasted time. Get a life outside of the gym.

149) Attend a local bodybuilding competition. This is a great motivator, and it's cheap!

150) Train like you are expecting to be lifting at age 70. Beating yourself up occasionally is fine. Hard training is hard. But don't overdo it. Get in, work hard and get out!

Edited by P-O (09/07/15 06:40 PM)

InvisibleP-O

Re: Growery's fitness/workouts/health/clean food thread. [Re: P-O] * 1
    #792825 - 09/07/15 06:58 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Took some pics on my ride today.  Spent 4.5 hrs riding around downtown/chinatown/the island/and the yuppy area.

Good day of riding.  caffeine + sativa weed = GOOD RIDE

Hard to tell from this pic.  But this is like 25-30 stair cases that connects the river area to the buisness.  Its a shitload of stairs and u see people going up em for a workout. It stead of riding my bike 10 blocks around it i decided to carry my bike up the whole thing.  Champed that shit

Invisiblethoughts
Stranger

#792881 - 09/08/15 07:45 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

P-O said:
Quote:

Iron and the Soul – By Henry Rollins

I believe that the definition of definition is reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself.

Completely.

When I was young I had no sense of myself. All I was, was a product of all the fear and humiliation I suffered. Fear of my parents. The humiliation of teachers calling me “garbage can” and telling me I’d be mowing lawns for a living. And the very real terror of my fellow students. I was threatened and beaten up for the color of my skin and my size. I was skinny and clumsy, and when others would tease me I didn’t run home crying, wondering why. I knew all too well. I was there to be antagonized. In sports I was laughed at. A spaz. I was pretty good at boxing but only because the rage that filled my every waking moment made me wild and unpredictable. I fought with some strange fury. The other boys thought I was crazy.

I hated myself all the time. As stupid at it seems now, I wanted to talk like them, dress like them, carry myself with the ease of knowing that I wasn’t going to get pounded in the hallway between classes. Years passed and I learned to keep it all inside. I only talked to a few boys in my grade. Other losers. Some of them are to this day the greatest people I have ever known. Hang out with a guy who has had his head flushed down a toilet a few times, treat him with respect, and you’ll find a faithful friend forever. But even with friends, school sucked. Teachers gave me hard time. I didn’t think much of them either.

Then came Mr. Pepperman, my advisor. He was a powerfully built Vietnam veteran, and he was scary. No one ever talked out of turn in his class. Once one kid did and Mr. P. lifted him off the ground and pinned him to the blackboard. Mr. P. could see that I was in bad shape, and one Friday in October he asked me if I had ever worked out with weights. I told him no. He told me that I was going to take some of the money that I had saved and buy a hundred-pound set of weights at Sears. As I left his office, I started to think of things I would say to him on Monday when he asked about the weights that I was not going to buy. Still, it made me feel special. My father never really got that close to caring. On Saturday I bought the weights, but I couldn’t even drag them to my mom’s car. An attendant laughed at me as he put them on a dolly.

Monday came and I was called into Mr. P.’s office after school. He said that he was going to show me how to work out. He was going to put me on a program and start hitting me in the solar plexus in the hallway when I wasn’t looking. When I could take the punch we would know that we were getting somewhere. At no time was I to look at myself in the mirror or tell anyone at school what I was doing. In the gym he showed me ten basic exercises. I paid more attention than I ever did in any of my classes. I didn’t want to blow it. I went home that night and started right in.

Weeks passed, and every once in a while Mr. P. would give me a shot and drop me in the hallway, sending my books flying. The other students didn’t know what to think. More weeks passed, and I was steadily adding new weights to the bar. I could sense the power inside my body growing. I could feel it.

Right before Christmas break I was walking to class, and from out of nowhere Mr. Pepperman appeared and gave me a shot in the chest. I laughed and kept going. He said I could look at myself now. I got home and ran to the bathroom and pulled off my shirt. I saw a body, not just the shell that housed my stomach and my heart. My biceps bulged. My chest had definition. I felt strong. It was the first time I can remember having a sense of myself. I had done something and no one could ever take it away. You couldn’t say shit to me.

It took me years to fully appreciate the value of the lessons I have learned from the Iron. I used to think that it was my adversary, that I was trying to lift that which does not want to be lifted. I was wrong. When the Iron doesn’t want to come off the mat, it’s the kindest thing it can do for you. If it flew up and went through the ceiling, it wouldn’t teach you anything. That’s the way the Iron talks to you. It tells you that the material you work with is that which you will come to resemble. That which you work against will always work against you.

It wasn’t until my late twenties that I learned that by working out I had given myself a great gift. I learned that nothing good comes without work and a certain amount of pain. When I finish a set that leaves me shaking, I know more about myself. When something gets bad, I know it can’t be as bad as that workout.

I used to fight the pain, but recently this became clear to me: pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. But when dealing with the Iron, one must be careful to interpret the pain correctly. Most injuries involving the Iron come from ego. I once spent a few weeks lifting weight that my body wasn’t ready for and spent a few months not picking up anything heavier than a fork. Try to lift what you’re not prepared to and the Iron will teach you a little lesson in restraint and self-control.

I have never met a truly strong person who didn’t have self-respect. I think a lot of inwardly and outwardly directed contempt passes itself off as self-respect: the idea of raising yourself by stepping on someone’s shoulders instead of doing it yourself. When I see guys working out for cosmetic reasons, I see vanity exposing them in the worst way, as cartoon characters, billboards for imbalance and insecurity. Strength reveals itself through character. It is the difference between bouncers who get off strong-arming people and Mr. Pepperman.

Muscle mass does not always equal strength. Strength is kindness and sensitivity. Strength is understanding that your power is both physical and emotional. That it comes from the body and the mind. And the heart.

Yukio Mishima said that he could not entertain the idea of romance if he was not strong. Romance is such a strong and overwhelming passion, a weakened body cannot sustain it for long. I have some of my most romantic thoughts when I am with the Iron. Once I was in love with a woman. I thought about her the most when the pain from a workout was racing through my body.

Everything in me wanted her. So much so that sex was only a fraction of my total desire. It was the single most intense love I have ever felt, but she lived far away and I didn’t see her very often. Working out was a healthy way of dealing with the loneliness. To this day, when I work out I usually listen to ballads.

I prefer to work out alone. It enables me to concentrate on the lessons that the Iron has for me. Learning about what you’re made of is always time well spent, and I have found no better teacher. The Iron had taught me how to live. Life is capable of driving you out of your mind. The way it all comes down these days, it’s some kind of miracle if you’re not insane. People have become separated from their bodies. They are no longer whole.

I see them move from their offices to their cars and on to their suburban homes. They stress out constantly, they lose sleep, they eat badly. And they behave badly. Their egos run wild; they become motivated by that which will eventually give them a massive stroke. They need the Iron Mind.

Through the years, I have combined meditation, action, and the Iron into a single strength. I believe that when the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts. Time spent away from the Iron makes my mind degenerate. I wallow in a thick depression. My body shuts down my mind.

The Iron is the best antidepressant I have ever found. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength. Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it’s impossible to turn back.

The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you’re a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.

Man, this really hit home.
Never knew this about Henry Rollins. Thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleP-O

Re: Growery's fitness/workouts/health/clean food thread. [Re: thoughts] * 1
    #792888 - 09/08/15 10:10 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

My legs are sore from all the biking yesterday..  but im still gonna champ a nice long full body workout soon.  Drinkin my preworkout now.  time to get hyper and busy.

Invisiblethoughts
Stranger

Re: Growery's fitness/workouts/health/clean food thread. [Re: P-O] * 2
    #792890 - 09/08/15 10:32 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

GET YOKED.
BEEFCAKE.

--------------------

InvisibleP-O

Re: Growery's fitness/workouts/health/clean food thread. [Re: thoughts] * 1
    #792893 - 09/08/15 10:35 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

unless your posts are helping the thread.... go troll somewhere else junior

Edited by P-O (09/08/15 10:51 AM)

Invisiblethoughts
Stranger

#792899 - 09/08/15 11:15 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Don`t misinterpret a good natured post directly related to fitness as trolling, princess.:wink:
Idk why youre even trying to start shit with me.:lol:
How's that preworkout treating ya?

--------------------

InvisibleP-O

#792939 - 09/08/15 07:03 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

19 Tips To Improve Your Lean Bulk Diet
Muscle Man Eating Food
It's time to build size while remaining lean. Bodybuilder Brad Borland presents 19 rock solid tips to help you keep your body fat levels in check while gaining mass.

Does this sound like you? “Yeah, I plan on bulking up, getting bigger and stronger and then when the time is right I’ll lean down.” How long will you bulk? When will the time to get lean kick in? Do you have a plan?

When I go to the gym it seems everyone with interest in building a maximum amount of muscle is in a perpetual bulking phase. You’ve seen them – they wear pants, sometimes long-sleeved shirts and rarely do a sit-up. This “one day I’ll diet down” mentality never seems to connect with reality. The mere thought of losing an ounce of bodyweight will translate into a reduction in strength and a risk of people calling you small. Oh, the horror!

Would you rather ride the roller coaster of bulking and cutting or slowly build solid muscle on a lean frame? I think I know the answer.

So, why do so many trainees fail to even think about the long term? A reduction in body fat (which will become a reduction in bodyweight) will conversely make someone actually look more muscular.

Just look at professional bodybuilders. In the off season they carry as much as 20, 30 and even 50 pounds of extra weight on their frames. But when they diet down and strip off the excess, they have ripped, cut, huge physiques that impose a much more impressive product.

Now, I know you may not have aspirations of becoming a pro bodybuilder but your drive and vision for your physique do draw similarities.

Below are 19 tips for lean bulking. These 19 actionable items will help you pack on real, solid muscle without the added fat and unsightly “bulk.” Stay lean, add muscle, ditch the pants and never be afraid to take your shirt off at the pool again.

Lean Male Physique
Tip #1 - You must decide what you want

Be honest with yourself and decide if you are in this thing to be stronger or build an impressive physique? Most of you reading this are here to pack on lean muscle without the unnecessary body fat to cover it all up. So, it is up to you: stay bulky but strong or leaner and more muscular?
Tip #2 - Think more muscle (not strength)

Of course strength is an integral part of any progressive program. A lean bulk shouldn’t be void of an emphasis on strength as well as other quantitative factors, but strength shouldn’t be the only tool stressed. In order to add quality, lean muscle you must think in terms of just that – quality, lean muscle. Strength (although still important) will take somewhat of a backseat.
Tip #3 - Watch those carbs

Any talk of staying lean isn’t complete without mentioning carbohydrate. The main point here is to start looking at carbs in a whole new light. Instead of packing in as many as possible in hopes to add as much weight to your frame as you can, think of carbs only to fuel your body.

Recuperation should be the main focus for your carb intake not excess numbers on a weight scale. Keep track of carbs, ingest most of them around your training sessions and that’s it. If your body is fed properly and needs more energy it will eventually tap your fat stores.
Tip #4 - Get through “the wall”

For many dieting efforts are quickly thwarted because of a myriad of reasons, namely the quick weight loss and apparent strength reduction. Do not despair; this is a temporary side effect of reduced carbs. Since carbs attract water, a reduction can cause a loss of fluid shocking your system into a sort of alarm state. This is temporary due to the fact that once the body returns to homeostasis, it can then balance out its hydration and gains back its muscle mass and strength. This “wall” can quickly be climbed in a week or two.
Muscular BackTip #5 - Focus on protein

As with many dieting strategies protein will still need to take center stage regarding your diet. Amino acids that make up whole proteins are the true building blocks for adding lean muscle mass. Whole food protein along with a good whey protein supplement will ensure all bases are covered.
Tip #6 - Fat is your friend

Since you may be experiencing a reduction in carbs this may also potentially be detrimental to aspects such as satiety, energy and a general sense of “I miss eating whatever I want.” Healthy fat can be your savior in times like these. Not only can it fill the carb void, but it can also increase satiety and provide sustainable energy without adding the extra baggage.
Tip #7 - Rev up the weights

Does your training go like this: Do a set, rest, do a set, rest, and on and on? Get out of your tired old box and do some things you aren’t used to. Bust through plateaus, experience new modes of training and learn a few new moves that will pack on new muscle.

Try some power moves, supersets, high reps, compound sets, high frequency training – the list can go on. The point is to get outside of your comfort zone and start seeing real gains again.
Tip #8 - Fiber, fiber, fiber

Yes, I said it three times. This is the long lost ingredient in a lot of diets. Of course we all know the health benefits, but fiber can also provide that much needed satiety (like healthy fat) when we need to reduce carbs. Additionally, fiber is needed for proper protein digestion.
Tip #9 - Go green

Going had-in-hand with fiber, green leafy veggies are a must on any muscle building plan. Packed with fiber and a host of vitamins and minerals, leafy greens are another prerequisite for more muscle without the fat.
Tip #10 - Look for the positive

Having an individual or a group of friends or family for support can go a very long way regarding your success on any plan. Having like-minded people around you will only strengthen your resolve to accomplish your goals. Find someone on the same path as you, set goals together and help each other along the way.
Tip #11 - Feed muscle, not fat

When starting any new eating plan (except for cheat meals) always think of the food you are eating as fuel for muscle and its function. The leaner you are, the more the food you eat will support muscle and less will be stored as fat. The belief of gaining fat in order to gain muscle is one of the most common misconceptions around about gaining muscle. The truth is it is easier to gain lean muscle when you are leaner – the body doesn’t have to work overtime to tuck calories away in fat stores.
Tip #12 - Cheat when everyone is looking

No one can sustain a perpetual diet state forever for several reasons. One; you’ll go crazy and two; your metabolism will say it has had enough and will slow down to conserve energy. A scheduled cheat day or two will rev up your metabolism and support your lean bulking ways.

Ripped Male Bodybuilder
Tip #13 - Cycle carbs

Another great way to ward off a slow metabolism all the while tactfully helping your body to pack on the mass is to cycle carbs. A simple way to do this is to go medium or high on intense training days and low on off and cardio days. This way you will provide carbs when it’s needed the most and cut them back the rest of the time.
#14 - Keep track so you can adjust

How can you get to your goal without a plan? And what is the execution of that plan without a little tracking along the way? Write down what you are doing: sets, reps, meals and moods. This will be an invaluable tool when you reach your summit and look back at what worked and what needs to be tweaked.
#15 - Add cardio and get unique

If you’re not performing some form of cardio, start. Too boring? Try the countless styles of HIIT training. Sled pulls/drags, kettlebells, sprint intervals. These will all keep you lean and won’t impede your muscle building efforts.
#16 - Hydrate, for real this time

Another “duh” point but one that is rarely practiced. Much like fiber and fat, good ole fashioned water can keep you satiated throughout the day keeping you from overdoing the whole carb thing. Also, as stated above, you need to keep the muscle cells properly hydrated for function and support.
#17 - Lighter (leaner) is bigger

Have you ever seen someone that is big, bulky and strong only to see them months later ripped up and it seems as though they look like they’ve gained ten or twenty pounds of muscle? They may have dropped 50 pounds but they look freaking huge! When you get lean, you give off the impression that you’ve gained lean muscle. In reality you are lighter – maybe considerably lighter, but your fellow gym goers will think the opposite – trust me.
#18 - Keep your goal in sight

If your goal is to gain lean mass then train, eat and sleep toward that goal. You will encounter roadblocks (physical and mental) but no one said it would be easy. Stay focused and never waiver from your physique goals.
#19 - Believe (you will succeed)

Whatever you decide regarding your ultimate goals believe in what you are doing. Believe it will work, believe in the process and believe you will get there. No one else will do it for you, you have to have faith in yourself.

InvisibleP-O

#793301 - 09/12/15 04:47 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

This is what you guys could be fuckin if you started killin workouts

I do 1 & 2 for 2mins, and both my sides for 1.5 mins

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

#793754 - 09/18/15 07:20 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

ive been a bit lazy lately and fell back into old habits. i started making excuses once the kids started school and quit running and working out. i did start back up this morning. i can tell the dif its made. right before i quit i was able to run a mile in 6 minutes with one quick break. this morning it took me 10 minutes and 4 breaks.

back at the beginning....

--------------------
Learning to love life by living through loss and mistakes
Lessons learned then gradually surfacing, Letting go, stripping naked to scream
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
I'm a retarded, disfigured clown
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
I'm an equal being of no race, or color, a hallucination if you will
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

InvisibleMycophile
 User Gallery

#793808 - 09/18/15 07:51 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

thoughts said:
Don`t misinterpret a good natured post directly related to fitness as trolling, princess.:wink:

CAUTION: P-O BUTTHURTS EASILY

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: Growery's fitness/workouts/health/clean food thread. [Re: Mycophile]
    #793820 - 09/18/15 08:33 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Mycophile said:
Quote:

thoughts said:

CAUTION: P-O BUTTHURTS EASILY

:lol:

--------------------
Learning to love life by living through loss and mistakes
Lessons learned then gradually surfacing, Letting go, stripping naked to scream
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
I'm a retarded, disfigured clown
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
I'm an equal being of no race, or color, a hallucination if you will
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates