Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Only man in Missouri serving life without parole for marijuana offenses, granted parole, son says
    #789128 - 08/10/15 12:57 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. — The only man in Missouri serving a life sentence without the possibility of parole for non-violent marijuana related
offenses is now getting released from the maximum-security prison in Jefferson City, according to the man’s son.

Jeff Mizanskey was told Monday morning that he has been granted parole, according to his son, Chris. Chris Mizanskey says his dad should be released within 10 to 25 days. He says his dad called him briefly Monday morning to share the news. They planned to talk again Monday night.

Jeff Mizanskey has already served more than 20 years in the prison for repeat marijuana offenses. He is now 62-years old.

Chris Mizanskey appealed to the public and to the governor on Change.org and Facebook and social media.

One paragraph of the Change.org petition says:

“My father…. has been in prison since he was 41. His parents – my grandparents – have since passed. While my dad has been trapped behind bars, generations of kids and grandkids have been born into our family who have never even met the man. The State of Missouri spends roughly $22,000/year to keep him locked up. Meanwhile all my dad wants to do is be a productive part of society, work and pay taxes, be with his family. And I want my dad back.”

In May, Governor Jay Nixon commuted Mizanskey’s sentence, and allowed Mizanskey to be up for parole, which was held last week.

FOX 4’s Shannon O’Brien spoke to Chris Mizanskey and will have more on FOX 4

source

SleepAid's Notes:

Interview from back in the day.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pua7IVFxqH4

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Only man in Missouri serving life without parole for marijuana offenses, granted parole, son says [Re: SleepAid]
    #789149 - 08/10/15 07:28 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

THANK GOD!!!

fuck missouri. i lived there for over 12 years. actually lived about 30 miles from the JCCC (prison) hes been held in for 20 some years. fuck missouri. i almost got 5-22 for 2 plants and a small amount of DMT back in 2007. i hope he doesnt have to serve any parole. let him out and let him move on with his life and get the fuck out of missouri like i did.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1