Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibledrawde
Re: I hope everyone [Re: Magash]
    #783391 - 06/26/15 05:55 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

This is coming down to a matter of opinion now. You are refusing to see where gun ownership as a political activity fits into multiple points of that explanation. I could write an entire essay on this but I feel like I would be wasting my time with you. Besides, I have already shown how your facts have issues in the factual correctness department.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledrawde
Re: I hope everyone [Re: drawde]
    #783718 - 06/29/15 12:09 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Peter Hitchins settles this whole debate in 3 minutes:

Logic and common sense win out again.

Offlinecheezymold
That Guy

Re: I hope everyone [Re: drawde] * 1
    #783721 - 06/29/15 02:12 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Hawaii has really strict gun laws.  Due to this, hardly anybody here owns guns.  Despite being an area with one of the densest populations in the united states, people hardly ever get killed here.  When it does happen, it is a crazy huge deal and they show the same damn incident on the news for weeks after it happens.  Kind of strange that when there are no guns, people aren't getting killed. 

There isn't really a right or wrong solution to the problem though.  Taking away all the legal guns will cause the black market to thrive.  There isn't anything saying that legal gun owners aren't going to kill people, just like the illegal gun owners could do.  Education for guns is a bullshit solution.  You don't go out and shoot people because you haven't been properly educated about guns, you kill people because you are pissed off and you want somebody to die.  Taking away the mandatory waiting period is the dumbest fucking thing ever.  Now anybody that has a fight with their spouse or catches them cheating can go buy a gun while filled with raw emotion from the shock of an event.  This is worse for people under the age of 25, where the brain isn't fully developed and anger causes severe lack in judgement.

What people don't understand about taking away American guns is that gun ownership is that is deters other countries from attacking us.  Now we have people that kill themselves to do damage because they don't stand a chance to survive the attack.  It's one big, never ending cycle.

There does need to be more laws regarding gun control, but I don't think they should be completely taken away.  It's not like owning guns would ever help us if our government turned on us.  An AR15 has no chance against drones, planes, ships, nuclear bombs, ect.  Or are we saying that citizens should be armed well enough to take on our government like our 2nd amendment was intended.  Let's give everybody tactical nukes.  Celebrate your second amendment rights buy buying 2, get one free! 

Maybe if police shifted their budgets to fight against violence and illegal firearms instead of cannabis, we might get somewhere.  Instead, they are just using the easiest means possible to maximize their budgets.  There is a way to fix all of this, but there are too many opinions to get anything productive done on the matter.

Offlinecheezymold
That Guy

Re: I hope everyone [Re: cheezymold] * 1
    #783722 - 06/29/15 02:13 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Oh, and fuck the NRA

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: I hope everyone [Re: cheezymold]
    #783723 - 06/29/15 02:22 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

cheezymold said:
Hawaii has really strict gun laws.  Due to this, hardly anybody here owns guns.  Despite being an area with one of the densest populations in the united states, people hardly ever get killed here.  When it does happen, it is a crazy huge deal and they show the same damn incident on the news for weeks after it happens.  Kind of strange that when there are no guns, people aren't getting killed. 

There isn't really a right or wrong solution to the problem though.  Taking away all the legal guns will cause the black market to thrive.  There isn't anything saying that legal gun owners aren't going to kill people, just like the illegal gun owners could do.  Education for guns is a bullshit solution.  You don't go out and shoot people because you haven't been properly educated about guns, you kill people because you are pissed off and you want somebody to die.  Taking away the mandatory waiting period is the dumbest fucking thing ever.  Now anybody that has a fight with their spouse or catches them cheating can go buy a gun while filled with raw emotion from the shock of an event.  This is worse for people under the age of 25, where the brain isn't fully developed and anger causes severe lack in judgement.

What people don't understand about taking away American guns is that gun ownership is that is deters other countries from attacking us.  Now we have people that kill themselves to do damage because they don't stand a chance to survive the attack.  It's one big, never ending cycle.

There does need to be more laws regarding gun control, but I don't think they should be completely taken away.  It's not like owning guns would ever help us if our government turned on us.  An AR15 has no chance against drones, planes, ships, nuclear bombs, ect.  Or are we saying that citizens should be armed well enough to take on our government like our 2nd amendment was intended.  Let's give everybody tactical nukes.  Celebrate your second amendment rights buy buying 2, get one free! 

Maybe if police shifted their budgets to fight against violence and illegal firearms instead of cannabis, we might get somewhere.  Instead, they are just using the easiest means possible to maximize their budgets.  There is a way to fix all of this, but there are too many opinions to get anything productive done on the matter.

this is invalid. you would have 0 deaths a year if you were armed.

--------------------
Learning to love life by living through loss and mistakes
Lessons learned then gradually surfacing, Letting go, stripping naked to scream
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
I'm a retarded, disfigured clown
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
I'm an equal being of no race, or color, a hallucination if you will
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

InvisibleMycophile
 User Gallery

Re: I hope everyone [Re: poor boy]
    #783727 - 06/29/15 04:14 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

TL;DR

Take this shit back to the fucking Pub :kingcrankey:

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: I hope everyone [Re: Mycophile]
    #783729 - 06/29/15 04:26 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Ooooooooh!!!

For years I wondered what TL;DR meant.

--------------------
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

#783753 - 06/29/15 08:25 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Thank you for proving my point with the video. Just owning a gun in the United States is not making a political statement. Owning a gun in England is making a statement but that is cause they are illegal there. They are not here so there is no statement to be made. In fact according to your video in England at one time they we're required to own a gun 2:50 minutes in. In that case not owning a gun would be the political statement would it not?
Now if they are ever made illegal and the owner of the gun decides he's not going to turn it in then owning the gun is making a statement but we are not at that point here in the US so the only statement being made by just buying a fully legal gun is "I like guns" which is no more of a political statement at this point then saying "I like bananas" when you buy fully legal bananas.

Like you said
Quote:

As far as how many people want stricter gun laws and how many don't I've seen 4 polls and got 4 different answers but here's the thing none of the polls matter because unless you come out and ask us 95% don't give a shit either way. Until we clicked this thread 95% of us here didn't give a shit and as soon as 95% of us post a answer we won't give a shit when we click away. One thing for sure is we don't give a shit enough to get up and vote on it. That's why the NRA gets there way when they only have 5 million members. Thats why everybody bitches about Obama as President but nobody gives that much of a shit. Not enough to go and vote on it. Only 54% of the registered voters voted in the last election.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/turnout.php

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
    #783754 - 06/29/15 08:26 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I'm gonna buy another gun so I can take my old gun out back and put it out of its misery....

Such is the way of a Southerner :awedance:

But in all seriousness...guns and their use for non-lethal purposes are fun as hell, along with archery and whatnot. Perhaps we need to re-examine the environment that we cultivate in the US, and how said environment seems to breed excessive violence lately.

Maybe the countries that are progressive enough to try strict gun control are also progressive enough to invest more in the quality of life for all citizens, rather than focusing on the average median income and not worrying about how the money is used, or the outliers of the population. Banning tools that have a demonstrated history of violence is too simple of a solution, and like many controversial issues in the US, seems to be more of a scapegoat that distracts from the real issue...while being simple enough for even the dumbest individual to get mad about and feel like they know the answer to a more perfect world.

:2cents:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

InvisibleKarmikal
The Engineer

Loc: Spaceship Factory
Re: I hope everyone [Re: cheezymold]
    #783776 - 06/30/15 04:03 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

It's not like owning guns would ever help us if our government turned on us.  An AR15 has no chance against drones, planes, ships, nuclear bombs, ect.  Or are we saying that citizens should be armed well enough to take on our government like our 2nd amendment was intended.  Let's give everybody tactical nukes.  Celebrate your second amendment rights buy buying 2, get one free!

A "tyrannical government" need not be the entire government involved in a military operation against their own citizens involving drones and tanks etc...  We do govern ourselves and our government is made up of other citizens.  Citizens with power and influence.  Lets not forget a modern example of a citizen exercising their 2nd amendment right against a tyrannical splinter of our own government and effecting change that has likely prevented this tyranny since the Ruby Ridge incident (and WACO also soon after).

A quote from http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/incident-at-ruby-ridge

"The controversial standoff spawned a nationwide debate on the use of force by federal law enforcement agencies, and a U.S. Senate panel accused the federal agencies involved of “substantial failures” in their handling of the Ruby Ridge operation. Of particular controversy was an FBI “rule of engagement” implemented at the beginning of the Ruby Ridge siege that stated “any armed adult male observed in the vicinity of the Weaver cabin could and should be killed.”" So the first person the FBI shot and killed (after shooting the dog)  was a 14 year old boy (armed), followed up by shooting his mother holding an infant...

That seems clearly unconstitutional and yes, even tyrannical and by our own government, hmmm. It was because Weaver stood up and defended himself by way of the 2nd amendment that enabled the first amendment via public outcry through the press to change the government policies and personnel that allowed this to happen via senate committee hearings and a task force.

My interpretation of the intent of the 2nd is basically the same as the 1st, to protect the rest of the bill of rights in a situation that is so extreme that the right to use the power of free speech just is not enough.  I believe it was meant to be a sort of last line of defense against tyranny in general from those who govern us, this does not need to be the entire US Army or a squadron of mini gun laden blackhawks - it could be just a couple of feds on a power trip like Kahoe, chief of the FBI violent crimes division who was responsible for the Ruby Ridge incident and went to jail for it.  I think this makes the 2nd amendment very relevant even in modern times.

I think it was also meant to deter the Brits to some extent certainly giving the impression that all new Americans would be armed.  This type of deterrent can be very effective, just look at Switzerland during WWII - the Germans abandoned that small country because every citizen was armed and trained to shoot BY LAW, yes the damn Nazis were afraid to mess with them.  To this day the Swiss are a proud gun owning people,  In fact I have a Swiss K31 rifle that has the name and address of its original owner in Switzerland written on a card underneath the buttplate from over 50 years ago.  Anyone know what the violent crime rate is in Switzerland???

Oh, one more thing the Ruby Ridge incident illustrates nicely - the guy was in trouble for selling illegal sawed off shotguns!  Those gun laws didn't keep him did they...

molon labe (and yes I do like legally owning guns and yes i do vote...)

--------------------
Opinions WILL vary!

This is all just an internet fantasy, ruse, delusion, fabrication etc...

Edited by Karmikal (06/30/15 04:09 AM)

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: I hope everyone [Re: Karmikal]
    #783780 - 06/30/15 07:28 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

This is getting way out of hand...

Let's all just quietly go back to our 5 word zingers and jokes. Let's be honest... No one actually wants to come here and read, "yada yada yada" 4,000 times.

My opinion is better than your opinion!!!

:facepalm:

--------------------

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: I hope everyone [Re: poor boy] * 1
    #783781 - 06/30/15 08:09 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I'm all for strict gun laws. Just don't take my guns :shrug:

If people want to kill they're going to. Guns or not. The people involved in these mass shootings planned these events out. If guns were not available to them they would have found another way.

just my opinion on the matter.

I'm up in the north east. My town has 1 grocery store, 2 gas stations, and 4 gun stores :lol:

the government will never take our guns. they may continue to scare us with threats, but those threats are only distractions from more pressing issues.

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

InvisibleMycophile
 User Gallery

#783782 - 06/30/15 08:25 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

poor boy said:
Let's all just quietly go back to our 5 word zingers and jokes. Let's be honest... No one actually wants to come here and read, "yada yada yada" 4,000 times.

Really, there is no way I am reading these long ass fucking posts on subjects that have been beaten to death already.

At first I thought the OP was genius because it was a great troll post that got you guys all riled up, but now this shit is just annoying.

Edited by Mycophile (06/30/15 08:25 AM)

Invisibledrawde
    #784226 - 07/04/15 06:01 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Thank you for proving my point with the video. Just owning a gun in the United States is not making a political statement. Owning a gun in England is making a statement but that is cause they are illegal there. They are not here so there is no statement to be made. In fact according to your video in England at one time they we're required to own a gun 2:50 minutes in. In that case not owning a gun would be the political statement would it not?
Now if they are ever made illegal and the owner of the gun decides he's not going to turn it in then owning the gun is making a statement but we are not at that point here in the US so the only statement being made by just buying a fully legal gun is "I like guns" which is no more of a political statement at this point then saying "I like bananas" when you buy fully legal bananas.

Like you said
Quote:

As far as how many people want stricter gun laws and how many don't I've seen 4 polls and got 4 different answers but here's the thing none of the polls matter because unless you come out and ask us 95% don't give a shit either way. Until we clicked this thread 95% of us here didn't give a shit and as soon as 95% of us post a answer we won't give a shit when we click away. One thing for sure is we don't give a shit enough to get up and vote on it. That's why the NRA gets there way when they only have 5 million members. Thats why everybody bitches about Obama as President but nobody gives that much of a shit. Not enough to go and vote on it. Only 54% of the registered voters voted in the last election.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/turnout.php

Where exactly did I say political statement?
My words were 'Political activity'. Can you not differentiate between the two?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: I hope everyone [Re: drawde]
    #784238 - 07/04/15 08:59 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Then go ahead and tell me it's a political activity then cause it's not for the exact same reasons.

Go head and explain the political activity if guns aren't illegal yet. Go head tell us how the political activity is different then the statement made when buying a gun.

Comon man back it up. Tell us the what the political activity is in a country that guns are legal in.

I'll make the same statement I made before with your words put in. 

Buying a fully legal gun is no more a political activity then buying a fully legal banana. Guy goes to a store buys a gun takes it home puts it away till the next hunting trip. Please explain the political activity in that. In this country buying a gun cause you like to hunt is no more a political activity then buying car cause you like to drive.

Quote:

Can you not differentiate between the two?

Quote:

My words were 'Political activity'

Then maybe it will help you to know what the words mean before you say them. Here I'll help ya.

POLITICAL ACTIVITY
"
“Political activity” is defined as follows:
1) contacting, or urging the public to
contact, members of a legislative body for
the purpose of proposing, supporting or
opposing legislation; or 2) advocating the a
doption or rejection of legislation; or
3) the recruiting, supporting, or hinderi
ng of political candidates.  “Legislative
body” means any civil government or any
agency of government, any decision-
making body within the community or a co
llege or university or school, and the
general public/university/school community
making a decision in a referendum. 
“Public” means the persons in the gene
ral community or any part of it. 
“Legislation” includes any action by Congress, by any state legislature, by any 
local council or governing body, by the public
in a referendum, initiative,       
constitutional amendment, or similar
procedure, by any multi-state or multi-
national or international
body, or by any governing body of
a college or university
or school or a college or university or school
system, including student           
government, except insofar as the legisla
tion of such college or university or
school governing body directly
affects the associated grou
p.  The term “candidate
for public office” means an individual who of
fers himself, or is proposed by   
others, as a contestant for an elective pub
lic or other office, whether such offices
be international, national, state, local, re
gional, or special district, or within the
college or university or school or stude
nt government.  Activities that constitute
participation or intervention in a political
campaign on behalf or in opposition to a
candidate include, but are not limited to adver
tising, or the publication of         
distribution of written or printed statements, or the making of oral statements on
behalf of or in opposition to such a candidate."

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

#784245 - 07/04/15 11:35 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Vote for me, and i'll legalize guns, and drugs.

that's my presidential slogan.

--------------------

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: I hope everyone [Re: iStoner] * 1
    #784248 - 07/04/15 11:45 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Also since when did fractal get so violent? He's changed a lot since he started using drugs.

--------------------

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Re: I hope everyone [Re: iStoner]
    #784249 - 07/04/15 11:52 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

iStoner said:
Also since when did fractal get so violent? He's changed a lot since he started using drugs.

No doubt.
That MXE or what ever really effected him in the wrong way.:lol:

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: I hope everyone [Re: Stoneth]
    #784255 - 07/05/15 01:52 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Stoneth said:
Quote:

iStoner said:

No doubt.
That MXE or what ever really effected him in the wrong way.:lol:

He reminds me of cartman from south park now

--------------------

Invisibledrawde
    #784271 - 07/05/15 08:50 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

drawde said:
A firearm is a political instrument because of how it changes interactions between people.

For example, your ownership represents a statistic by which politics are influenced.
Therefore simply owning influences the political spectrum.
How could you possibly deny that owning does not do this?
Do you suggest that if all the laws in the United States were the same, but nobody actually owned a firearm, that laws would not be influenced?

Edited by drawde (07/05/15 09:02 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals