Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: I hope everyone [Re: P-O] * 1
    #783200 - 06/24/15 08:59 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

P-O said:

:highfive:

--------------------
Learning to love life by living through loss and mistakes
Lessons learned then gradually surfacing, Letting go, stripping naked to scream
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
I'm a retarded, disfigured clown
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
I'm an equal being of no race, or color, a hallucination if you will
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBlueBerry_SwisherS
Heart Slowed

Loc: Raw Headspace Flag
Re: I hope everyone [Re: Bumble_Dick]
    #783203 - 06/24/15 09:08 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Bumble_Dick said:
Is it a little pink 22?

:lolsy:

no.

--------------------

Let food be thy medicine

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
Re: I hope everyone [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #783246 - 06/25/15 10:32 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
Quote:

FRACTALife said:
Gets their guns taken away

Fuck the second amendment

I can't tell if you're trying to troll or not.

Not trolling :volcano:

All those guys who shot up schools and churches got their guns legally

So much needless gun violence in the USA

I say take them all away

--------------------

OfflineBumble_Dick
loathsome brute
Male User Gallery

Loc: cage-free tomatoes
Re: I hope everyone [Re: FRACTALife]
    #783247 - 06/25/15 10:53 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I say move to Canada, and leave well-enough alone.

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: I hope everyone [Re: FRACTALife]
    #783275 - 06/25/15 01:13 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

FRACTALife said:
Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
Quote:

FRACTALife said:
Gets their guns taken away

Fuck the second amendment

I can't tell if you're trying to troll or not.

Not trolling :volcano:

All those guys who shot up schools and churches got their guns legally

So much needless gun violence in the USA

I say take them all away

U do realize tho that they would only take ours away and not theres.
N knives n bombs n poisons and black market, etc... also still exist. People will find ways around the guns to hurt people if they really wanted.

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #783276 - 06/25/15 01:23 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I'm all about peace and love but I feel their would be less of that without our own guns and more pushing around since our defenses would be less so.
Bombs and knives and poisons still exists for people that really want to hurt others cuz they've been hurt, having no gun isn't gonna stop em.
I don't really believe anything should be illegal in fact. Who is to tell another what is right and wrong? Their is no natural basis to define a medium to morality beside empathy but even then our feelings aren't all calibrated the same.

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Invisibledrawde
    #783280 - 06/25/15 02:05 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Spot on. Evil will always find a way.

Controlling guns only serves to dis-empower us good folk.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

#783284 - 06/25/15 02:28 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Gun ownership is, and always has been, a political activity.

No it isn't unless you happen to be shooting a politician.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineBumble_Dick
loathsome brute
Male User Gallery

Re: I hope everyone [Re: Magash] * 3
    #783288 - 06/25/15 02:59 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

It's an American right so that, if need be, Americans can rise up against a tyrannical government, which is political in nature. Although it would be an hopelessly futile effort.

Invisibledrawde
Re: I hope everyone [Re: Magash]
    #783301 - 06/25/15 04:04 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

Sorry, but you do not have a complete understanding of what it means for something to be political.

Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery

Re: I hope everyone [Re: Bumble_Dick] * 1
    #783308 - 06/25/15 04:56 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Bumble_Dick said:
I'm sorry you get scared easily, but I've been around guns my entire life and realize that the real problem is a lack of education and respect for firearms. Getting rid of guns (as if that were a real optuon) isn't going to change anything, bucko.

Its not about scaring easily.. and you seem to think that the American sheeple are going to magically gain RESPECT AND INTELLIGENCE before moving forward with their purchases, actions, etc. If you think that's a thing we aren't in the same Murica. it does change things, look at Canada,, no handguns, less violence. Other developed countries too... we are really just scared of tyranny(you included) and think you can ward off evil with a fuckin barrel and trigger. You have to cut evils fuckin throat, with a mindset, not guns.

Cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

OfflineBumble_Dick
loathsome brute
Male User Gallery

Re: I hope everyone [Re: ashfiken] * 1
    #783318 - 06/25/15 05:51 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I hope you enjoy living in a hippy fantasy-land. Show me where it says there is less violence/murders in other countries  (obviously less gun violence ).

Yes, bad people can get guns legally/illegally, but taking access away from good, honest people, like myself, you're stacking the deck against the innocent.

Maybe we should go beyond that and take away guns, knives, boomerangs, and anything with a sharp corner :facepalm:

OfflineBumble_Dick
loathsome brute
Male User Gallery

Re: I hope everyone [Re: ashfiken]
    #783325 - 06/25/15 06:16 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Also, just to clarify, I wasn't trying to insult you by saying scared, that's just the word you had used. I fully support people having different opinions on things, just try not to let fear be the driving factor when forming them.

:getstoned:

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

#783327 - 06/25/15 06:22 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, everyones opinions except mine...

--------------------
Learning to love life by living through loss and mistakes
Lessons learned then gradually surfacing, Letting go, stripping naked to scream
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
I'm a retarded, disfigured clown
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
I'm an equal being of no race, or color, a hallucination if you will
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

Edited by poor boy (06/25/15 07:01 PM)

OfflineBumble_Dick
loathsome brute
Male User Gallery

Re: I hope everyone [Re: poor boy] * 1
    #783329 - 06/25/15 06:27 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

:crymeariver:

"accept" :lol:

Edited by Bumble_Dick (06/25/15 06:29 PM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: I hope everyone [Re: drawde]
    #783373 - 06/25/15 09:19 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

drawde said:
Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

Sorry, but you do not have a complete understanding of what it means for something to be political.

and you do? what a joke. Tell us how Cooter shooting varmints in Mississippi is making his political statement. People like you who try and make mountains out of mole hills that is the problem with this country but you're not from here so it doesn't really matter does it since you don't know what your talking about.

Opinions on gun laws here are far more geographical then political here. You live in the South you love guns no matter what party you're with. From the North and you want gun control. The Western and Eastern states are divided as far as which political party your with doesn't seem to matter the people are divided on the issue.

and I sure and hell hope that by political statement just by owning a gun (utter bullshit) that you're telling the government that you're armed and prepared for any kind of take over is also utter bullshit and you can't be going there.

The vast majority of people are pro gun control. The vast majority of big mouths are anti gun control. Example: we here constantly hear how powerful the NRA is and how they can fuck up a politicians chances at getting elected yet there are only 5 million members of the NRA in the United States. See you really can get things done if you bitch enough like they do.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

OfflineBumble_Dick
loathsome brute
Male User Gallery

#783378 - 06/25/15 09:37 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Do you own a gun? How do you protect your property and plants from people that do own them? Gun control could  be feasible for larger cities where there might be a noticeable decrease in crime, but it's  ridiculous to think every tax paying citizen should be treated like a criminal.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

#783387 - 06/26/15 01:49 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

You know I really don't have any feeling on it either way. Myself and drawde just like to argue. We have done it on other subjects that I can't remember but it was fun.

As far as protecting my stuff if somebody is prepared enough to where they can get past my protection then my gun isn't going to help they are way to prepared for that. I'm very well protected nothing is getting to me with or without a gun it's gonna take way more then that. (which of course can happen)

--------------------

Invisibledrawde
    #783388 - 06/26/15 01:56 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:

and you do? what a joke. Tell us how Cooter shooting varmints in Mississippi is making his political statement. People like you who try and make mountains out of mole hills that is the problem with this country but you're not from here so it doesn't really matter does it since you don't know what your talking about.

Logic and political philosophy is independent of one's physical locale.
Yes there are cultural phenomena involved, but that does not change the fact you are questioning.
A firearm is a political instrument because of how it changes interactions between people.
If you do not understand this I suggest you do some basic study on what the word political means.

Quote:

The vast majority of people are pro gun control.

Once again, a baseless claim.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/1645/guns.aspx

As we can see from this, the most recent data reveals that the majority, at 52%, are not in favor of stricter gun control, and that the number of people who are has been in decline since 1990.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: I hope everyone [Re: drawde]
    #783389 - 06/26/15 02:36 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

A firearm is a political instrument because of how it changes interactions between people.
If you do not understand this I suggest you do some basic study on what the word political means.

You're grasping at straws to try and make the word political fit. Yeah of course a gun is gonna change the way two people interact if one is forcing his opinion on another but just owning a gun is not a political statement.

You're are using a old definition of the word politics to try and make it fit a situation it doesn't fit.

Quote:

Politics (from Greek: πολιτικός politikos, definition "of, for, or relating to citizens") is the practice and theory of influencing other people. More narrowly, it refers to achieving and exercising positions of governance — organized control over a human community, particularly a state. Furthermore, politics is the study or practice of the distribution of power and resources within a given community (a usually hierarchically organized population) as well as the interrelationship(s) between communities.

A variety of methods are employed in politics, which include promoting or forcing one's own political views among people, negotiation with other political subjects, making laws, and exercising force, including warfare against adversaries. Politics is exercised on a wide range of social levels, from clans and tribes of traditional societies, through modern local governments, companies and institutions up to sovereign states, to the international level.

It is very often said that politics is about power.[1] A political system is a framework which defines acceptable political methods within a given society. History of political thought can be traced back to early antiquity, with seminal works such as Plato's Republic, Aristotle's Politics and the works of Confucius.

Formal Politics refers to the operation of a constitutional system of government and publicly defined institutions and procedures.[1] Political parties, public policy or discussions about war and foreign affairs would fall under the category of Formal Politics.[1] Many people view formal politics as something outside of themselves, but that can still affect their daily lives.[1]

Informal Politics is understood as forming alliances, exercising power and protecting and advancing particular ideas or goals. Generally, this includes anything affecting one's daily life, such as the way an office or household is managed, or how one person or group exercises influence over another.[1] Informal Politics is typically understood as everyday politics, hence the idea that "politics is

Take your own advise and study what the word means. Cooter buying the gun to kill varmints isn't political statement unless he was trying to get them to vote for him or force his views on them before he shot them.

Just owning a gun is not a political statement or is it a political activity.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order