Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleScribbler
because i scribble

Re: 2nd Grow - Mega Jackpot under AdvancedLED XML 650 using DWC [Re: efarley]
    #788474 - 08/04/15 11:33 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Looks really nice man I'm going to follow this until the end. :rockon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineefarley
LED Grower
Loc: Oregon Flag
Re: 2nd Grow - Mega Jackpot under AdvancedLED XML 650 using DWC [Re: Scribbler]
    #788477 - 08/05/15 12:46 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks, I'm super excited. I was originally only expecting maybe half a pound a most out of my tent, but looking at her now I'm hoping maybe I'm not totally outta the ballpark dreaming of a full pound.

Offlinecheezymold
That Guy

#788478 - 08/05/15 12:53 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Your plants look super healthy.  I bet you could pull an elbow with some training and little longer veg time.  How do you like the light so far?  I was kind of eying that one out too for later.  The thing I don't like about the led that I have is the hanging cables are way too long.  You might need to rig it with something to get the light higher.  The bleaching doesn't seem to make much difference IMO.  Once you dry and cure the buds, the spots that are bleached are miniscule.

Offlineefarley
LED Grower
Re: 2nd Grow - Mega Jackpot under AdvancedLED XML 650 using DWC [Re: cheezymold]
    #788479 - 08/05/15 01:12 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

cheezymold said:
Your plants look super healthy.  I bet you could pull an elbow with some training and little longer veg time.  How do you like the light so far?  I was kind of eying that one out too for later.  The thing I don't like about the led that I have is the hanging cables are way too long.  You might need to rig it with something to get the light higher.  The bleaching doesn't seem to make much difference IMO.  Once you dry and cure the buds, the spots that are bleached are miniscule.

What's an elbow?

I love this light, I'm so glad I bought it. It's done amazing thus far so as long as it doesn't let me down in flower I would definitely buy it again.

The long cables were the problem I was having with the light being too low. As you'll see in my last photos I got it way higher, I can bring it to about 8 inches from the ceiling. The light ships with 3 rope ratchet hangers and 12 wire cables, so you end up running the wire cables from the 6 hanging points up to the rope ratchet. This setup takes about 18-20 inches of space. I went out and got a 4th rope ratchet and ditched the wire's entirely. Now the hangers take around 4 inches of space. In total with changing out some other items I was using to hang the light I've freed up somewhere between 18 and 20 inches of additional room for the plants. Which is good as the strains I'm looking at for my next grow all grow well over 40 inches indoor.

Edited by efarley (08/05/15 01:14 AM)

Offlinecheezymold
That Guy

#788481 - 08/05/15 01:29 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Good stuff man.  An elbow is a pound.  Maybe some LST or a scrog will help with yields and height limitations.  It's really great that LED technology has come so far for growing.  Hopefully that means lower prices on quality units in the future too.

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
Re: 2nd Grow - Mega Jackpot under AdvancedLED XML 650 using DWC [Re: cheezymold]
    #788482 - 08/05/15 01:52 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

That bottom pic on the post 3 days ago looks very odd man!

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

Offlineefarley
LED Grower
    #788499 - 08/05/15 11:05 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

oeric mckenna said:
That bottom pic on the post 3 days ago looks very odd man!

Yeah pretty sure the lights were bleaching the buds. That's the problem with good LED they bleach the buds if they get too close. Kinda like HID burns them, either way gotta keep some distance. They are already looking better after just a day with the lights moved up.

Quote:

cheezymold said:
Good stuff man.  An elbow is a pound.  Maybe some LST or a scrog will help with yields and height limitations.  It's really great that LED technology has come so far for growing.  Hopefully that means lower prices on quality units in the future too.

I'm doing some LST now, tucking the bigger leaves under other branches to expose the lower tops to light and let them grow up through the canopy. I also trim leaves or remove them entirely if I can't tuck them. I wanted to do a SCROG but as I was installing the net it occurred to me I wouldn't be able to lift my plants out of the buckets which means I can't feed them and they die... So that's out of the question for this grow. I'm still hoping to pull a pound even without scrog and getting 1+ with a scrog, but we'll see I may just be dreaming, I accept that.

Lower prices would be fantastic, I nearly didn't get this light because of the price, $1,600 ouch... but if it really lasts me 5000 hours then I guess it's money well spent. I'm very glad I choose it.

Edited by efarley (08/05/15 11:08 AM)

Offlineefarley
LED Grower
    #789004 - 08/08/15 11:44 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Flower Week 3

Well two of the ladies sativa genes have really kicked in. They are now 12 inches above the max height listed by the seed bank coming in at 37.5 inches today, nearly triple the height they were when I flipped to 12/12 three weeks ago! I really hope they stop growing soon, I'm running out of space again... Plus it's getting hard to get pictures!

Here you can clearly see how much taller the right half of the tent is than the left half. I've been forced to run my light on an angle to keep it closer to the left side.

The node spacing looks great on the left plants

However on the right it's not such nice spacing... :/

Since I moved the lights up the weird white spots have gotten much better and pistils have started growing like crazy so it looks like it was definitely bleaching. I'm glad I moved the light up but I'm worried still because they just keep growing.

Here's a couple close-ups, you can still see the damage from the bleaching but all of the new growth is looking great, there's even trichomes forming already!

One plant is still having some weird issues, I track my PPM every day and try to get it so that the water level drops at the same rate as the PPM. So when I top up today and check on it before adding more water tomorrow the PPM should have remained constant. This is fine on three plants, they're all sitting around 560 PPM, which seems a bit low but they are super healthy so I'm not complaining. The fourth plant though, it's PPM keeps dropping, it's now at 430 and saying that's too high. I have no idea why it want's so much less nutes than it's sisters but it otherwise looks healthy. I'm thinking maybe I got nute lockout in this bucket somehow so I flushed that bucket tonight, hopefully this helps.

Edited by efarley (08/08/15 11:45 PM)

Offlineefarley
LED Grower
    #789932 - 08/16/15 11:04 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Week 4 update (Light switched to 12/12 on 7/18/2015)

Another awesome week! It looks like the ladies have finally stopped growing. They have been sitting at 40 inches now for a couple days; I definitely need a SCROG next time!

They are looking so nice though, I'm really stoked with the size of the buds after only 28 days of 12/12. I hope the buds grow as crazy as the rest of the plant did.

The buds are really starting to fill in the stalks now. I was worried about the node spacing on the taller plants but it's looking like it may not be too big of an issue.

One thing I find a bit odd is the pistils are already starting to turn amber. It seems early but I'm not too concerned at this point.

Offlineloco801
Stranger

#790093 - 08/18/15 12:18 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Looks fine to me, glad you figured out your root rot quick!  :popcorn:

Offlineefarley
LED Grower
Re: 2nd Grow - Mega Jackpot under AdvancedLED XML 650 using DWC [Re: loco801]
    #790515 - 08/22/15 10:55 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Week 5 update (Light switched to 12/12 on 7/18/2015)

The buds are starting to put on some weight, although I think I might have stunted it a bit this week. I was trying to find the sweet spot on the PPM and it keep telling me to drop it lower and lower. I ended up going down to 300 before deciding this didn't make sense and that I was done chasing the PPM level. I also noticed some leaves are starting to yellow at the top which I assume is a result of this. I've been rising the PPM daily so hopefully this week we'll see more growth.

Decided to give you guys some scale for the size of the buds so far. Nothing crazy but for 5 weeks I think they're a decent size.

They're already starting to get frosty, I expect this is going to be some nice smoke when it's done.

Offlineefarley
LED Grower
    #791656 - 08/29/15 08:35 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Week 6 update (Light switched to 12/12 on 7/18/2015)

Well this week the nutrient deficiency really started to show themselves. A number of leaves turned a pale yellow and then turned brown along the edges this week. I also had others start showing grey dead spotting on the leaves. At this point I've gotten the PPM up to 1000 and the plants seem happy with this, it might be a bit high though, I'll continue to monitor it this week.

It looks to me like most of the damage is from a potassium deficiency. This should be resolved now that I've raised my PPM back up. I wish these leaves would heal since it's kind of ugly but as long as it doesn't keep getting worse I'm okay with it. Lessons learned.

On the right of this picture you can see some leaves that look to have a phosphorus deficiency in addition to the potassium.

This has become my favorite bud of the bunch, it's huge compared to the rest.

Offlineefarley
LED Grower
    #791708 - 08/30/15 01:28 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

To give you an idea of where this grow is headed, here is a couple pictures of a harvest I just completed of the same strain grown under a cheap $70 Mars Hydro LED in poor room conditions. I expect this grow to be many times better :smile:

Invisiblehobowizard
growling grower

Loc: Baltic region
    #792564 - 09/05/15 07:12 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

frosty 
:rockthefuckout:

--------------------
Feeling real good

Offlineefarley
LED Grower
Re: 2nd Grow - Mega Jackpot under AdvancedLED XML 650 using DWC [Re: hobowizard]
    #792601 - 09/05/15 09:56 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Week 7 update (Light switched to 12/12 on 7/18/2015)

Well this has been an interesting week. One of the plants has really been bulking up the buds while the others haven't added a lot of size but seem to have put on more crystals than the plant that's been bulking up. Lastly one of the plants is starting to fox tail pretty badly which is disappointing. I'm debating turning my lights down a bit but I don't want to take away from the other 3 plants if they're okay.

The tent is looking pretty good IMHO, very frosty. I wish there wasn't so much damage from the nute deficency a couple weeks back but such is life, lessons learned.

The plants are getting super frosty, even the bottom of the stems for the water leafs are covered in trichomes.

Couple nice buds, pretty average for this grow in both size and looks.

This bud is a monster compared to the rest. I don't think this photo really captures it, but this beast is easily 2-3 times the size of the rest. This entire plant has much fatter buds than the other 3 in general though.

A couple of the more severe cases of fox tailing. These just started to pop out the last couple days so we'll see how they progress. I'll have to read more on fox tails but if I recall it's from stress.

Offlinecheezymold
That Guy

#792617 - 09/06/15 02:33 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Looks like she is getting close.  Crazy frosty man.  :thumbup:

Offlineefarley
LED Grower
    #792665 - 09/06/15 12:01 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

cheezymold said:
Looks like she is getting close.  Crazy frosty man.  :thumbup:

Yeah it looks like 3 of the plants have switched to putting all their engergy into building crystals. I think they have a while more left at least 2-3 weeks. I took a look at the trichomes yesterday and I noticed that they don't really have any balls on the end yet, they're mostly stalks. I thought I saw a few tricomes looking a bit amber but since they're so small it's hard to tell. I think they should begin to swell up and look more like mushrooms soon.

Offlineloco801
Stranger

#792689 - 09/06/15 04:53 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Amazing buds bro! Looking mighty dank! :smile:

Offlineefarley
LED Grower
Re: 2nd Grow - Mega Jackpot under AdvancedLED XML 650 using DWC [Re: loco801]
    #792691 - 09/06/15 05:10 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

loco801 said:
Amazing buds bro! Looking mighty dank! :smile:

Thanks man, I really excited to see how this turns out. Gives me great hope for this setup in the future :smile:

Offlineefarley
LED Grower
    #792737 - 09/06/15 11:10 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

After checking the plants out tonight under the microscope there are a lot more trichomes amber than I expected. I'm not sure if this is because of the stress or what but these buds are WAY smaller than they were on my first plant of this strain which was only half the size of these and under far inferior lighting. It's strange so we'll see how it goes but it looks like we'll be having a harvest here in the near future. I'm hoping to get some more weight on these buds first though.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck