Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDirtygoat
Bread

Re: Plant Looks Sad [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #775065 - 04/03/15 07:07 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Def. seems to have stood up more.

The pot holds all the water instead of letting it run off. Should I bring it outside (or bathtub lol) and let some water run through before letting it sit in he reservoir?

How about these pics?
I pulled up the stems from under that were growing faster than the big leaves

Also that curling is bad or just young leaves?
And the bigger leaves look a bit yellow

Edited by Dirtygoat (04/03/15 07:09 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
Re: Plant Looks Sad [Re: Dirtygoat]
    #775088 - 04/03/15 10:27 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Did you run some water thru that thing?
Definitely still looking wilty...
  The curling looks like light burn to me

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

OfflineDirtygoat
Bread

#775090 - 04/03/15 11:17 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Yea lol.. Dam some the lower leave too I'm thinking I watered bad the leaves got a bit wet then I left the light too low....

Yea I ran some more water without the bottom.

What happens with light burn lol can the plant still be okay will it just grow new better branches

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

#775091 - 04/03/15 11:19 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

It'll improve when the cause is removed

Aka back the light away a bit...

--------------------

OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

#775108 - 04/04/15 10:09 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Dirtygoat said:
Yea lol.. Dam some the lower leave too I'm thinking I watered bad the leaves got a bit wet then I left the light too low....

Yea I ran some more water without the bottom.

What happens with light burn lol can the plant still be okay will it just grow new better branches

Yeah it's like a human that gets sunburned.  They are fine, just grow new better skin. 

OK here's one thing for sure.  Quit getting your leaves wet!  I know, lots of people do stupid shit like misting their plants or getting them wet with the light too close.  There are good reasons you don't water down your tomato plants in the high noon sun.  Lots of good reasons, in fact.

Your plant needs to stretch out, have you figure out that when it's thirsty, you water it, when it's hungry you feed it, and quit fucking with it don't prune shit.  Don't be a gooner clipper lollipopping fool.  You got a decent looking indica plant there.

OfflineDirtygoat
Bread

Re: Plant Looks Sad [Re: GoonerHeClips]
    #775121 - 04/04/15 11:59 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Damn..idk tho I just come back after a few hours it's laying down... It was okay last night and this morning looked good I come back after few hr and it is down..

I was thinking to kind of start over. I love the genetics of this plant like how it's been growing but I think I screwed up... I can keep doing what I can but I was thinking, wondering if I could just try cloning some of the branches that look cloneable and start with a couple new plants?

OfflineDirtygoat
Bread

#775123 - 04/04/15 12:12 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

:confused:

I just noticed some mold? In the dirt idk what it is but it smells oddly like weed...

I feel bad lol poor plant I suck at growing, outdoors I didn't have to worry so much the wild took care of the plant

OfflineDirtygoat
Bread

#775154 - 04/04/15 08:40 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

lol I think that's what made it smell like coleslaw before =(

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #775156 - 04/04/15 08:57 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Let the soil dry out. You can also give it a light spray of hydrogen peroxide if gets really bad, but its not needed at this point. I think your plant is over watered and drowning.

I would see about some sort of transplant to a less moist medium, as an over saturated medium will continue to make it worse if the plant isn't sucking it up. That's very risky though, and you could lose the plant if your not careful.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineDirtygoat
Bread

Re: Plant Looks Sad [Re: phychotron]
    #775157 - 04/04/15 09:10 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Isn't looking good idk what I can do I worry I'll kill it at this point trying anything.. Sucks it started so nice I'm not sure what went wrong lol but I have some ideas... But just first attempt it'll go better next time. I'll keep trying see what can happen but I'll try fresh another time with better supplies...

Sooo... Does anyone know a good soil for set and forget that I can just buy online maybe? I made this mix some soil from homedepot/coco coir/verm/perlite/peat moss... Idk what I was doing hahaha

OfflineDirtygoat
Bread

#775162 - 04/04/15 09:47 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

(I am from the shroomery I am used to a different type of cultivation haha)..

But I would love to learn and get better at this. I have 3 seeds left of what I think is purple haze, one of which is prob fem. i will prob get a better light system and a better set up. I just need to figure out a better soil and pot I just have to worry about watering every few days if anyone can lmk a good way to do that lol pls, thanks..

I'll give it a week or so see what I can do with this poor guy.. Then I'll try for round 2. For rn I have to get back to the other side lol

OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

#775181 - 04/05/15 11:26 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

I doubt it needs a bright light in its face right now.  What's your light schedule?  If you say 24/7 go to 18/6 and move your light up.  Your soil looks dry to me but overwatering makes for a limpy plant as well.  In any case I'd go straight LOOSE not compressed Canna coir and canna nutes but if you don't want to water for days maybe just stick to not growing because that ain't going to work with coir at all. Maybe take up knitting or something instead.

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

#775187 - 04/05/15 11:57 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

That went amazingly bad.

--------------------

OfflineDirtygoat
Bread

#775188 - 04/05/15 11:57 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

i took up shroom growing as i said.

i can water.. i thought it seemed moist so i didnt. i just dont want to hydroponically water every few hours..

i was hoping someone could tell me a good soil or how to make one maybe. i had the coir bricks for shrooms i added hot water so it expanded before mixing it with dirt but i think i used bad dirt, added too much verm/peat, not enough pearlite and in general not enough air flow for the plant. plus i think i buried the baby plant too deep i figured it would help cuz it was really long at first but prob too deep, next time ill pretty much just stick a seed in good dirt in a big pot and let it form its own shape...

my idea is for round 2 a better pot, better soil i dont have to worry about, proven lights, and an easier setup i can come look at and inspect every day

OfflineDirtygoat
Bread

#775189 - 04/05/15 12:00 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

oh and i said "so i just water every few days" not that i dont want to water

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

#775191 - 04/05/15 12:20 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Whoah. with that soil mix... the verm is probably what screwed you. I think your analysis of the death is accurate.
There's tons of good soil available.
got a grow shop around?

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #775193 - 04/05/15 12:43 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

I second the use of Canna Nutrients and Coco Coir. If you don't want to feed for days then set up some Blumats to feed for you.  If you set them up in soil you could just fill the rest tank (5 gallon bucket) with plain water. Otherwise mixing the nutrients doesn't take that long, especially with the Canna bottles that measure stuff out.

Technically its hydroponics but passive, gravity fed non-recirculating so no tank maintenance once you mix up the nutrients. I used to feed my plants via Blumats and it worked well, but now I'm onto a pump/shower ring system to deliver more to them. The Blumats tend to underwater a bit but still produce fantastic results.

Its a lot easier to have some sort of feed system than to mix nutrients up every other day when your hand watering them.

A simple bucket with a pump, T and 2 valves(one an anti siphon and waterfall-mix, the other is to control feedrate to plants) and some hose can make a simple and effective Drain To Waste (DTW) top down water feeding system for very cheap. You only really need to poke some holes into a piece of hose looped around a T, then T into the feed hose/loop. Its essentially the exact same thing as hand watering but done automatically--just plug the pump in when you want to water. And if you put it a timer that will control 1 minute intervals (digital) set it to run for one minute and adjust the rate via the valve.

Even if its plain water to the soil, it will still save you a shit ton of time hand watering.  Of course that's assuming your going to get more than one plant eventually, although you could do it directly to one plant if you wanted to.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

#775199 - 04/05/15 01:21 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Dirtygoat said:
i took up shroom growing as i said.

i can water.. i thought it seemed moist so i didnt. i just dont want to hydroponically water every few hours..

i was hoping someone could tell me a good soil or how to make one maybe. i had the coir bricks for shrooms i added hot water so it expanded before mixing it with dirt but i think i used bad dirt, added too much verm/peat, not enough pearlite and in general not enough air flow for the plant. plus i think i buried the baby plant too deep i figured it would help cuz it was really long at first but prob too deep, next time ill pretty much just stick a seed in good dirt in a big pot and let it form its own shape...

my idea is for round 2 a better pot, better soil i dont have to worry about, proven lights, and an easier setup i can come look at and inspect every day

It's critical you buy the Canna LOOSE coco, it doesn't have to be expanded or messed with.  Use it at 100%.  Their block coco may be good too especially if you have to get stuff shipped to you, although I haven't tried it TBH.  Don't mix anything else in.  No perlite please!  Or anything else.  Nothing. You can plant a seed right into it, or a germinated seed, or a clone with or without rooting compound.  It's also critical that you stick with the Canna Coco nutrients A&B and their other stuff because those nutrients are specific to coco.

Like so many, you think soil is a preferred method, and for some it is.  And surely if you mix your own soil you can "fine tune" it and make something wonderful.  No.  If you want soil, buy Fox Farms Ocean Forest and just add water for a few weeks.  It's an easy good way to go with enough nutes to get you going.

With coir, you should add nutes to the coir when starting anything.  Go lightest nutes on their grow guide and keep to that guide and you won't go to far wrong.  The other absolute must read and fine tune is the pH.  A MUST.  Get a good meter, Eco pH1 is cheap and works well from my experience.  Around seventy bucks.  pH to 5.8-5.9 with each and every feeding.  Don't ever just give them water, unless it's to "fix" adding too many nutes.  So don't overdo it, I think the guide does go a bit over on them so I go light light unless it's obvious they are hungry.  800 ppm is too high for the most part.  Feed to overflow with about 15% runoff each time.  The coir is more forgiving by far than soil for overwatering and works well if kept pretty moist.  Just don't let the water sit in the saucer for more than an hour or drain to waste.  A new little shop vac will suck water up from the saucers but be careful to not suck up leaves in the process.

OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

#775200 - 04/05/15 01:24 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Dirtygoat said:
oh and i said "so i just water every few days" not that i dont want to water

With the coco often you can water every other or third day if they are small.  Just be sure to water to runoff each and every time, and throw the runoff out in your yard or on houseplants.

OfflineDirtygoat
Bread

#775206 - 04/05/15 02:02 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Dam so much info I'm kinda confused lol... I was hoping to do something like how I did outdoors lol.. Put some seeds, water, harvest. Lolol of course it was a bit more than that but it wasn't too bad.

The hydroponics near me closed down, but there's a gardening store idk if they have the foxfarm but the 10.5 mile drive to next hydroponic is worth the $20 shipping lol.

I also bought the 3nutrient juice on eBay should have that soon.
And my house bought some kangen water that you can press a button for what ph water I want from the spout lol that should work for ph right? And I have ph strips, can I use those for soil?

Sooo... Lol... If I get some of that foxfarm soil put it in a pot, under a hps light 18/6, with a seed in the center, that will eventually be watered with extra nutrients.. according to a schedule (hopefully on the bottle?).. And adjusting ph... Will I have a pretty tree ready to produce some dank nugs?? Lol

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds