Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Man smoked cannabis to ease pain of brutal golf club attack, court hears
    #773731 - 03/26/15 09:40 AM (9 years, 25 days ago)

A MAN says he smoked cannabis to help ease the pain from the injuries he sustained in a brutal attack last summer.

Nigel Dawes suffered life-threatening injuries after he was repeatedly hit with a golf club as he slept at a house in King George Avenue, East Grinstead, on July 27, 2014.

The 28-year-old was airlifted to hospital and his partner, Natalie Gates, also received treatment for injuries she sustained as she attempted to protect him.

On Wednesday last week, Dawes appeared at Crawley Magistrates' Court charged with being in possession of cannabis.

David Holman, prosecuting, explained: "At about 11.30pm on February 28, police were called to an address in King George Avenue to reports of a domestic incident. It was the second time they had been called that evening and because of what had happened, police were unhappy about the defendant staying there.

"They told him he needed to stay somewhere else to prevent any offences from occurring after they left, to which he said he was either staying there or going into custody.

"He was arrested for a breach of peace and searched, and a small amount of cannabis was found in his left pocket."

Dawes, representing himself in the dock, pleaded guilty to the offence.

In mitigation, he said: "The only reason I had it in my pocket is because I use it to get me to sleep every night.

"The headaches I go through since the attack are unbelievable, and my doctor even suggested I carried on using it if it helped.

"I have a joint every night before I go to bed and that's it. It's not like I sit there smoking it all day."

Dawes, who has previous convictions for drugs offences including possession of MDMA, received no fine.

Instead, he was sentenced to a 12-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay costs of £100.

A forfeiture and destruction order for the drugs was approved by magistrates.

source

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleP-O

Re: Man smoked cannabis to ease pain of brutal golf club attack, court hears [Re: SleepAid]
    #773734 - 03/26/15 10:20 AM (9 years, 25 days ago)

its weird that the story focused on him smoking pot, not him almost being beaten to death with a golf club

OfflineSham87
マリオ
Male

Re: Man smoked cannabis to ease pain of brutal golf club attack, court hears [Re: P-O]
    #773751 - 03/26/15 02:23 PM (9 years, 25 days ago)

Kinda reminds you of the same tactic that american media does to black victims of crimes. They always feel the need to inform the viewer of their criminal past as if trying to justify the crime.

--------------------
...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order