Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Alaska Police Raid Cannabis Club Run By Reporter Who Quit on Live TV
    #773728 - 03/26/15 09:34 AM (9 years, 5 days ago)

The cannabis club run by a former news reporter who used profanity on live television while announcing she was quitting her job is currently under police investigation.

Search warrants were served by the Anchorage Police Department at the Alaska Cannabis Club in Anchorage, Alaska, last Friday. The Alaska Cannabis Club is owned by former KTVA reporter Charlene Egby.

“Police received reports of the illegal sale of marijuana and other derivatives at a location that's been identified as the Alaska Cannabis Club,” the Anchorage Police Department said in a statement on its website.

Egby, known professionally as Charlo Greene, told ABC News she was not surprised by the raid.

“I have to stress that no arrests were made and no citations were issued. The police did however destroy the 9 mature and about a dozen immature medical cannabis plants on site - all within the legal cultivation bounds - and confiscated cellphones, computers and 2 vehicles (one of which was not included in the warrant),” Greene told ABC News in a statement.

Greene was reporting live for KTVA on the Alaska Cannabis Club in September, when she admitted to viewers that she actually owned the club and was quitting her job to fight for the legalization of marijuana.

The Alaska Cannabis Club is a network of medical marijuana patients throughout Alaska, Greene said. Since leaving KTVA, Greene said she’s received multiple job offers.

“On the local, on the national and on the international level, I've been receiving job offers,” Greene told ABC News’ “20/20” in an interview in October 2014. “I'm not going anywhere. You're going to see a lot more of me.”

Greene declined to name where any of the job offers were from.

“That decision was made before we started even filming that day story. I knew this was going to be my exit. All of it was planned out, top to bottom,” Greene said.

Greene added that her life has been turned upside-down since she said, “F*** it, I quit” on the air.

“I wasn't expecting that to be, like, the F-bomb heard ‘round the world or anything like that,” Greene said last October.

In a statement the day after Greene quit, KTVA News Director Bert Rudman said, “[Greene] had a personal and business stake in the issue she was reporting, but did not disclose that interest to us. This betrayed the basic bedrock of responsible journalism.”

Regardless of the criticism over her viral resignation, Greene said she doesn't regret reporting on the Alaska Cannabis Club without disclosing that she owned it.

“The Alaska Cannabis Club is my business,” Greene said in October. “I have a degree in journalism. I know all about ethics. I made a choice, and I'm unapologetic in it.”

Source - ABC news

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
Re: Alaska Police Raid Cannabis Club Run By Reporter Who Quit on Live TV [Re: SleepAid]
    #773763 - 03/26/15 03:44 PM (9 years, 5 days ago)

Dude. that's actually badass

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Alaska Police Raid Cannabis Club Run By Reporter Who Quit on Live TV [Re: oeric mckenna] * 1
    #773767 - 03/26/15 03:59 PM (9 years, 5 days ago)

that was an armed robbery.

motherfuckers busted in with guns, stole a bunch of shit, arrested no one, and no charges at all were filed.

fuck the police.

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
Re: Alaska Police Raid Cannabis Club Run By Reporter Who Quit on Live TV [Re: CrushNazT]
    #773771 - 03/26/15 04:16 PM (9 years, 5 days ago)

Yup

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

InvisibleP-O

Re: Alaska Police Raid Cannabis Club Run By Reporter Who Quit on Live TV [Re: CrushNazT]
    #773826 - 03/27/15 12:04 AM (9 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

CrushNazT said:

fuck the police.

Offlinecgsjames
I like little kids

Re: Alaska Police Raid Cannabis Club Run By Reporter Who Quit on Live TV [Re: P-O]
    #774049 - 03/28/15 09:23 AM (9 years, 3 days ago)

"2 vehicles (one of which was not included in the warrant),” Greene told ABC News in a statement."
  What the ACTUAL FUCK. Police are out of control.

InvisibleP-O

Re: Alaska Police Raid Cannabis Club Run By Reporter Who Quit on Live TV [Re: cgsjames]
    #774154 - 03/28/15 02:56 PM (9 years, 3 days ago)

id love to fuck that black chick

Offlinecgsjames
I like little kids

Re: Alaska Police Raid Cannabis Club Run By Reporter Who Quit on Live TV [Re: P-O]
    #774157 - 03/28/15 03:06 PM (9 years, 3 days ago)

she could be my black Cinderella any day!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals