Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTagyo
Learning

Re: Where The F*ck Do I Start? [Re: Tagyo]
    #774609 - 03/31/15 06:15 PM (9 years, 25 days ago)

Double post,

:facepalm:

--------------------
Teach me the ways.

Edited by Tagyo (03/31/15 06:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineH J Farnsworth
Stranger
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
    #774677 - 03/31/15 09:37 PM (9 years, 25 days ago)

What's wrong with a couple daylight spectrum LEDs?

--------------------
Officially a Colorado medical marihuana patient

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Re: Where The F*ck Do I Start? [Re: H J Farnsworth]
    #774685 - 03/31/15 09:46 PM (9 years, 25 days ago)

when buying a grow tent make sure the frame is metal, I got a big 6.5' x 6.5' x 6.5' tent but it has plastic framing and cracked under the weight of 1-1000w hood :smirk:

:bonghit2:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:1:growingweed:3:growingweed:B:farmerdance:U:growingweed:D:growingweed:S:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:

InvisibleScribbler
because i scribble

Re: Where The F*ck Do I Start? [Re: 13buds]
    #774714 - 03/31/15 10:59 PM (9 years, 25 days ago)

Tagyo, I have that same brand tent but it's a 2x4x5. I'm not getting it again in a bigger size. The light leaks pretty bad around the zippers and I would have to patch it like crazy for flowering. You get what you pay for...don't buy cheap like me and then have to buy another tent a year later.

OfflineTagyo
Learning

Re: Where The F*ck Do I Start? [Re: Scribbler]
    #774880 - 04/02/15 07:25 AM (9 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Scribbler said:
Tagyo, I have that same brand tent but it's a 2x4x5. I'm not getting it again in a bigger size. The light leaks pretty bad around the zippers and I would have to patch it like crazy for flowering. You get what you pay for...don't buy cheap like me and then have to buy another tent a year later.

Words of wisdom,

:thumbup:

--------------------
Teach me the ways.

Offlinejoemamma42
Stranger
    #776905 - 04/24/15 11:43 AM (9 years, 1 day ago)

There's a lot to digest when you're just getting started. I would suggest keeping it simple while you're learning. Just like the shroomery suggests starting with a SGFC and just getting a feel for things before you start building a Martha's closet and using casings. I would suggest using soil and putting most of your focus on creating a good environment.
I've gotten Fungus gnats from Roots organic soil before, but I've NEVER had problems with fox farm ocean forest. The stuff comes pH balanced and has pretty much all the nutrients you'll need. When growing in soil, I put my rooted clones in solo cups using fox farm happy frog soil (no nutes to burn young roots ) @16 inches tall I transplant to 2 gallon plastic pots, after full root development I move to 5-10 gallon smart pots or equivalent. Let those veg for 2 more weeks then switch to 12/12. With this set up you just pH clean RO water and hand water throughout  (just like fanning and misting at first ).
Flower out 1 run like this and you'll feel a lot better about moving on to more advanced techniques. You won't get a+ top shelf or huge yields but you will have something decent to smoke on and a whole lot more experience.
Use one tent, cfls for veg then hps for flower.For now,focus on environment. Where is your intake air coming from and where is your exhaust going? Hopefully from indoors to outdoors. What are you doing about temperature? Do you have an a/c? If so, where are you venting that? How are you going to handle humidity? Where's your water coming from? Do you have a RO system for that? Basically I'm saying don't worry about nutrients or training so much now, and focus on environment. I've had potency vary from run to run with the same genetics and same feeding schedule but different environmental conditions. IMO, quality has more to do with how well you create an artificial environment, and less to do with nutrients and substrate.

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: Where The F*ck Do I Start? [Re: joemamma42]
    #777710 - 05/04/15 05:49 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

A couple good starter guides IMO are Ed rosenthals guide 2012+ edition, and I like The Revs True living organics book to get a good understanding of working with soil. Torrents got all that stuff.

For soil you can just get a 11-pound block of coco and some potting soil(I like sugro's potting soils over FF atm) and optionally some perlite and worm castings. I've been mixing 2 parts coco to 4 parts potting soil, 1-2 part perlite and 1 part worm castings. Seems to drain well but not need constant watering. You could also add some peat. Potting soil has a lot of peat usually.

I'm currently into Dr Earths organic fertilizers and am trying out a simple 7-4-2 Fruit Tree, 4-10-7 Flower Girl Bud and Bloom fertilizer, 3-3-3 Liquid Solution micronutrients, and liquid seaweed.

Offlinecheezymold
That Guy

Re: Where The F*ck Do I Start? [Re: Scribbler]
    #777837 - 05/05/15 01:09 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Scribbler said:
Quote:

H J Farnsworth said:
Get seeds
Find spot
Plant seeds
Leave
Come back later

If only it were that easy for everybody....

It can be if you set up a system lol.  Check out tron's grow log OP and read about the blumats he uses with coco.  I'm using an ebb and flow that I made with coco atm but the blumats would be much easier to setup and maintain.  Seriously, the plants will need to be fed frequently with coco during the flowering stage.  Hand feeding will get old fast I assure you.

OfflineGoldilocks
Stranger

Re: Where The F*ck Do I Start?/ don't buy from mbferts.com [Re: phychotron]
    #806526 - 02/22/16 09:49 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Please stop spamming the boards, no matter how upset you are.

I left one version of your thread in the link below.

https://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/806534#806534

Edited by phychotron (02/23/16 01:21 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate