Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: SoG Solo Cup Log - Advanced Kaya 47 and Feminized Double Berry [Re: GoonerHeClips]
    #776165 - 04/16/15 10:59 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

GoonerHeClips said:
I've never tried the Botanicare.  Used the Royal Gold but had problems with salts.  Big problems with a couple of bags.  Anyway, Canna as usual has their shit together and their loose coco is quite nice.  I don't rinse it, just add light A&B Rhizo and a little CalMag and hydrolyzed fish fert (Neptune Harvest) for pH drop and put clones right into it, or plant seeds.  No more perlite!  That stuff is useless, no less than useless.  Canna doesn't recommend it and once you stop putting it in, you'll see why...

I dont use perlite in cloth pots but I use a little in these cups, figured it would help aid the roots with oxygen. For my next batch I'll do a half and half comparison.

How much of that NH do you have to use for pH drop? is it just a few drops like pH down? I'd like to switch to something like that since pH down adds no benefit other than dropping pH...

--------------------
:firecum:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

Re: SoG Solo Cup Log - Advanced Kaya 47 and Feminized Double Berry [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #776191 - 04/16/15 01:17 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

bEelzeBosS said:
Quote:

GoonerHeClips said:
I've never tried the Botanicare.  Used the Royal Gold but had problems with salts.  Big problems with a couple of bags.  Anyway, Canna as usual has their shit together and their loose coco is quite nice.  I don't rinse it, just add light A&B Rhizo and a little CalMag and hydrolyzed fish fert (Neptune Harvest) for pH drop and put clones right into it, or plant seeds.  No more perlite!  That stuff is useless, no less than useless.  Canna doesn't recommend it and once you stop putting it in, you'll see why...

I dont use perlite in cloth pots but I use a little in these cups, figured it would help aid the roots with oxygen. For my next batch I'll do a half and half comparison.

How much of that NH do you have to use for pH drop? is it just a few drops like pH down? I'd like to switch to something like that since pH down adds no benefit other than dropping pH...

I think perlite has a plus in soil, but in coco it clearly has been a laggard FME.  I've tried it at various percentages and zero is a huge improvement.  Perlite is like adding rocks that do zero.  The coco by itself does things with water when drier that perlite doesn't.  It's complicated.  The other thing is perlite is lumpy and coarse and for planting seeds sucks.  Or clones.  Just say no to perlite!  Toxic as hell to breathe the dust, what a great product! (sry for rant...)

You add about a half to a full tablespoon per 4 gallons of the NH for the typical mix, but if you've added the PK13/14 or Pro-Tekt, maybe 2 tablespoons.  Yeah I like it a whole lot more than the phos acid which can burn FME.  If you are more into bloom, try the OrganaGuana product, it works great for calcium, phosphorus, and flavor, and is highly acidic.  Maybe 1/2-1 tablespoon per 4 gallons.  Cheap product, organic, fossilized bat shit.  But doesn't smell like normal bat shit, is pleasant and oddly adds a nice flavor to the finished product.  The calcium add is a bonus and never seems to hurt with the coco.  I also add a little calmag every 4th feeding or so.

Edited by GoonerHeClips (04/16/15 01:22 PM)

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: SoG Solo Cup Log - Advanced Kaya 47 and Feminized Double Berry [Re: GoonerHeClips]
    #776209 - 04/16/15 03:48 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

The reason Canna coco doesn't need perlite or anything else is that they have aggregated their mix to include the correct ratio of the various sized parts of coir in order for the medium to hold the ideal amount of air, or 43% if I remember correctly. Canna is the only company I've seen to claim to do that.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

Re: SoG Solo Cup Log - Advanced Kaya 47 and Feminized Double Berry [Re: phychotron]
    #776220 - 04/16/15 04:48 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

I made the mistake of smashing it down for one batch of clones and it didn't work.  I had to go back and loosen it up.

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

#777220 - 04/28/15 08:40 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Harvesting this weekend. Ive been feeding nothing but molasses for two weeks now.

4/28:

--------------------

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: SoG Solo Cup Log - Advanced Kaya 47 and Feminized Double Berry [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #777221 - 04/28/15 08:45 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Next round ready to go, these are from my Double Berry mom. More excited about these, I highly prefer indica dominate strains. And I decided to take your advice Goon, no perlite this time.

--------------------

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
    #777263 - 04/28/15 06:23 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Nice. I hope it tastes good for ya man

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: SoG Solo Cup Log - Advanced Kaya 47 and Feminized Double Berry [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #777427 - 04/30/15 02:37 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Macros of semi-cured buds from a smaller plant I harvested a week early:

The strain isnt as stable as I'd hoped, a few started to herm on me towards the end but holy shit is it potent. The trichs on the buds above are still clear but after taking just a few hits Im as stoned as Ive ever been. :crazy2:

--------------------

Edited by bEelzeBosS (04/30/15 02:44 PM)

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
    #777448 - 04/30/15 05:30 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Awesome man. looks dank

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery

Re: SoG Solo Cup Log - Advanced Kaya 47 and Feminized Double Berry [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #777454 - 04/30/15 06:13 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, those are beautiful shots . Post some more when fully cured!

Cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: SoG Solo Cup Log - Advanced Kaya 47 and Feminized Double Berry [Re: ashfiken]
    #777878 - 05/05/15 04:25 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

All but 3 were chopped down, trimmed, dried (over dried) and jarred. Put a leaf in each jar to bring back a little moisture for the curing to begin,

Out of 24 plants I got 188 overdried grams, or just over 6.5 oz. Not near what I was expecting, the last strain I did this way I got just under a half/plant. I had less plants though so that probably had a lot to do with it...they werent as close together so they got more light. But I still got almost 3 oz more total.

--------------------

OfflineGoldilocks
Stranger

Re: SoG Solo Cup Log - Advanced Kaya 47 and Feminized Double Berry/ Don't buy from mbferts.com [Re: phychotron]
    #806523 - 02/22/16 09:46 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

:getstoned:.

Edited by Stoneth (02/22/16 10:13 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder