Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: SoG Solo Cup Log - Advanced Kaya 47 and Feminized Double Berry [Re: P-O]
    #775364 - 04/06/15 09:35 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

I'd get some Blumats  to auto feed. I switched to Canna because they are good at holding up in the res tank. Canna is not going to clog the valves very often.

They are sweet because the valves operate only when the plant needs it. I grew 3 plants in half gallon pots of coco that each did 5 ounces each. Within a few minutes of the lights coming on you'll see the Blumats start to drip, then stop shortly after the lights are out. The roots form a huge bump up towards the drip line.

Amazon has a 12 pack for $69 shipped, whereas PlanetEarthHydro.com has the 12 for $85, but also have all the parts. By the time I ordered my second 12 pack I got some of the gray drip line to make things easier to run. Also good to have another tank connection. The connector is like $6 or the grommet is $.50. Both should work fine.

Passive non-recirculating on-demand hydroponics makes for no tank maintenance and easy feeding. The on-demand feed makes for amazing buds. Plus you can leave for as long as your tank will last-- and can just T another 5 gallon bucket into the feed line to feed longer.

Canna recommends ~10 days of PK not just a week. Gotta feel the plants out and see how they look and respond to the extra PK.

And did you ever try the Canna Boost and Rhizotonic replacement by MBFerts? I swear the stuff is well worth it. $60 for a 'gallon' bottle that will replace 5L of Boost ($500) and 5L of Rhizotonic ($200). The gallon is really a liter of super concentrate. Its brought out new flavor since I've switched and been able to afford to use it liberally.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: SoG Solo Cup Log - Advanced Kaya 47 and Feminized Double Berry [Re: phychotron]
    #775386 - 04/07/15 08:30 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

A little over 5 weeks old, started PK 13/14 a few days ago. Everything going well except one hermed on me a week ago...coincidentally it was right next to the one I was spraying down to force male herm for pollen collection. I always moved it out of the grow room when I sprayed, so I doubt that has anything to do with it but who knows. All the rest are fine and showing no signs at all of herming.

4/7 (5 weeks):

--------------------
:firecum:

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: SoG Solo Cup Log - Advanced Kaya 47 and Feminized Double Berry [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #775387 - 04/07/15 08:35 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

phych - thanks for the tip on the Blumats, never seen those before. And no I havent used any Boost or Rhizotonic (or replacements)...I like to keep it as simple as possible and I'm getting great results without them. I may try them out on my next grow.

--------------------

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: SoG Solo Cup Log - Advanced Kaya 47 and Feminized Double Berry [Re: phychotron]
    #775389 - 04/07/15 09:41 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Is bringing out flavor all that stuff is good for? Does it increase your yield at all? It looks like you're supposed to use it with every feeding, how much does it effect your pH (raise/lower/or no change)? Do you ignore the increased PPM and feed like normal when using it or do you have to adjust the strength of your A&B?

--------------------

Edited by bEelzeBosS (04/07/15 09:53 AM)

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: SoG Solo Cup Log - Advanced Kaya 47 and Feminized Double Berry [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #775411 - 04/07/15 05:27 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

I feed like normal and haven't checked my ppm or pH in a long time. It mixes with the nutrients fine. Well worth it. It helps boost the flower production as well. He sells the $20 bottle but you need to buy $25 worth of stuff to get free shipping

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

#775412 - 04/07/15 05:30 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

I ordered a $60 gallon. Hope I notice something!

:happyweed:

--------------------

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

#775661 - 04/10/15 04:15 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
I feed like normal and haven't checked my ppm or pH in a long time. It mixes with the nutrients fine. Well worth it. It helps boost the flower production as well. He sells the $20 bottle but you need to buy $25 worth of stuff to get free shipping

I dont know how you get away with not checking your pH growing in coco, but I got the stuff today and it raised a gallon of neutral 7.0 RO water to 8.5. After adding my Pro-Tekt it went up to 9.3. That is extremely alkaline, after adding my nutes Im going to have to add a LOT of pH down to get down to 5.9-6.0. Looks like Im going to have to choose between the hor/vit or the silicon...

--------------------

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
    #775738 - 04/11/15 02:41 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah man. no doubt.
I see a huge response in uptake keeping ph proper. the leaves point upward when I juice em.
Town ph where im at is over 8!

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

#775745 - 04/11/15 09:14 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

bEelzeBosS said:
Quote:

phychotron said:

I dont know how you get away with not checking your pH growing in coco, but I got the stuff today and it raised a gallon of neutral 7.0 RO water to 8.5. After adding my Pro-Tekt it went up to 9.3. That is extremely alkaline, after adding my nutes Im going to have to add a LOT of pH down to get down to 5.9-6.0. Looks like Im going to have to choose between the hor/vit or the silicon...

I've never used the Advanced line, but Rhizotonic is great stuff for your roots, it raises the pH some but other than in veg you only use a little.

The Boost is just amazing.  Don't let the cost scare you, the results speak for themselves.  I like the BioBoost because it's cheaper than the "regular"
Boost and organic.  It actually lowers the pH and doesn't contribute much to solids. 

A product that works great for adding calcium, phosphorus, and dropping pH in a hurry is OrganaGuana.  Cheap and effective.  I stopped using the pH down because the coco needs more calcium anyway.  Hydrolyzed fish fertilizer from Neptunes Harvest works great for growth and nutrients and also loaded with phosphoric acid.

Maybe consider the tall blue beer cups I think they are 20 oz ones.  Not much more size but a little more coco.  Punch holes in the bottom and sides at the bottom with ice pick. 

pH to 5.8-5.9 better than 5.9 to 6.0.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: SoG Solo Cup Log - Advanced Kaya 47 and Feminized Double Berry [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #775750 - 04/11/15 10:06 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

if your pH is shooting up that much you need to add a buffer to your water to prevent that. How much Ca/Mg are you using?

I've just been able to mix the nutrients and the formula has stayed the same for awhile now. When I was checking it was always within range.

--------------------

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

#775758 - 04/11/15 11:38 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

I use neutral RO water, no Cal/Mag...the Canna Coco A&B has plenty of Cal/Mag and Ive never needed to add any. Just adding the MBFerts stuff and Pro-tekt to pure RO water raised it that high.

I know this is going to sound strange, but I tried adding the Pro-tekt first, then nutes, and the MBferts last and doing it that way the MBFerts barely raised my pH at all...like .2 but adding the MBferts first before anything raised my neutral pH by 1.5. Doesn't make much sense but at least I can use it and the Pro-tekt together without adding much pH down doing it that way.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #775774 - 04/11/15 05:40 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Strange. I would monitor it and see how much it changes over time.

--------------------

OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

#775830 - 04/12/15 06:51 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

bEelzeBosS said:
I use neutral RO water, no Cal/Mag...the Canna Coco A&B has plenty of Cal/Mag and Ive never needed to add any. Just adding the MBFerts stuff and Pro-tekt to pure RO water raised it that high.

I know this is going to sound strange, but I tried adding the Pro-tekt first, then nutes, and the MBferts last and doing it that way the MBFerts barely raised my pH at all...like .2 but adding the MBferts first before anything raised my neutral pH by 1.5. Doesn't make much sense but at least I can use it and the Pro-tekt together without adding much pH down doing it that way.

I always add A&B first, then the other Canna nutes, then acid, then Pro-Tekt but only if the pH got too low.  If it's pk13/14 time no need for the Pro-Tekt for example.  It always seems easier to raise the pH a little at the end than let it get too high and you have to dump in mega acid to break the buffering action.

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: SoG Solo Cup Log - Advanced Kaya 47 and Feminized Double Berry [Re: GoonerHeClips]
    #775857 - 04/12/15 11:15 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

I add the Pro-tekt first, if I add nutes first then Pro-tekt it gets real cloudy. The bottle even says to add Pro-tekt before nutes. I dont use Pro-tekt as a pH up, I use it for its supposed ability to strengthen the plants cell walls - although I havent noticed this at all since Ive been using it like others claim. Once this bottle is gone I'll probably cut it out completely.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #775865 - 04/12/15 02:27 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

my bottle of pro tekt says to add to nutrients that have been pH adjusted. Cloudiness is a bad sign, and you should mix the silica with a bit of water before adding it to nutrients. This way its less likely to form solids (that cloudiness).

--------------------

OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

#775872 - 04/12/15 04:42 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

bEelzeBosS said:
I add the Pro-tekt first, if I add nutes first then Pro-tekt it gets real cloudy. The bottle even says to add Pro-tekt before nutes. I dont use Pro-tekt as a pH up, I use it for its supposed ability to strengthen the plants cell walls - although I havent noticed this at all since Ive been using it like others claim. Once this bottle is gone I'll probably cut it out completely.

I added the Pro-tekt first at mid-range on their recommendation, and it raised the pH of my RO water up to 11.4.  Of course, they recommend adding it first, and with every watering.  And why not?

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: SoG Solo Cup Log - Advanced Kaya 47 and Feminized Double Berry [Re: GoonerHeClips]
    #775991 - 04/14/15 09:39 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

4/14:

Lookin good, especially for < 12oz of medium I think :crazy2:

--------------------

OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

#776072 - 04/15/15 08:21 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Agreed, looking good esp. for cups.  What brand coco do you use, brick or loose?  I noticed a big improvement in switching to canna loose from another brand.

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

#776147 - 04/16/15 06:48 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Botanicare loose, only kind my hydro store carries. I'd love to try Canna's but it costs too much to ship.

--------------------

OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

#776149 - 04/16/15 07:18 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

I've never tried the Botanicare.  Used the Royal Gold but had problems with salts.  Big problems with a couple of bags.  Anyway, Canna as usual has their shit together and their loose coco is quite nice.  I don't rinse it, just add light A&B Rhizo and a little CalMag and hydrolyzed fish fert (Neptune Harvest) for pH drop and put clones right into it, or plant seeds.  No more perlite!  That stuff is useless, no less than useless.  Canna doesn't recommend it and once you stop putting it in, you'll see why...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck