Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Colorado Attorney General Says Home Hash Oil Extraction is Illegal
    #764083 - 01/01/15 05:54 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

DENVER, CO — Colorado’s Attorney General on Tuesday said the state’s landmark marijuana legalization law does not allow people to extract butane hash oil from cannabis plants in their home.

Attorney General John Suthers said Amendment 64, which was passed by voters in 2012 and legalized recreational marijuana for adults, “expressly prohibits” people from personally producing butane hash oil due in part to the threat it poses to the public.

“To decriminalize dangerous and unreasonable behavior in which people are getting hurt and houses are blowing up, defies the intent of the voters,” Suthers said in a statement.

“Colorado is experiencing a real public safety issue as a result of unsafe and unlicensed manufacturing and production,” he added.

Suthers earlier this month filed a brief in a Mesa County criminal case against Eugene Christenson, who allegedly caused an explosion at his home while attempting to produce the oil.

The Denver Post said dozens of explosions have been sparked at homes across the state this year due to amateur attempts at hash oil extraction.

In May, Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper signed legislation regulating the amount of concentrated marijuana that can be sold to an individual.

The bill closed a legal gap that treated one ounce of leafy pot the same as an equivalent amount of more powerful forms, like hash oil.

They say the same thing here in California. But I do understand their safety concern.

Edited by Deadkndys420 (01/01/15 06:00 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Re: Colorado Attorney General Says Home Hash Oil Extraction is Illegal [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #764085 - 01/01/15 06:11 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Posted this yesterday. Still bummer news today.

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/763973

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Colorado Attorney General Says Home Hash Oil Extraction is Illegal [Re: SleepAid]
    #764102 - 01/01/15 07:05 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

It never has been legal... old news. You can run butane legally if you have a closed loop system. Open blasting is illegal

OfflineSmokeSomeHash
Littlest pee pee on da block
 User Gallery

Loc: murica Flag
Re: Colorado Attorney General Says Home Hash Oil Extraction is Illegal [Re: CrushNazT]
    #764202 - 01/02/15 04:42 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

This reminds me of a story i saw a few weeks ago about a forest fire that started i think in cali with literally 2 u hauls packed to the brim with cases of butane. Made me think "yeah people should need a license to do this shit"

Actually...can anyone link me to that uhaul story? I cant find the pics and been wantin to show my friend who is from cali.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules