Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Grapegod under LED * 3
    #760140 - 12/02/14 11:56 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I'm going to use this as my photo outlet for the Grapegod I'm running. I'll post photo's as they come up.

(oil analysis)

That's it for now, that's the best of what I've already uploaded to the site.

Edit: Macro Shots

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by phychotron (12/07/14 06:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Grapegod under LED [Re: phychotron]
    #760141 - 12/02/14 11:58 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

:homerdrool:

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
Re: Grapegod under LED [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #760144 - 12/03/14 12:37 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Whoah man... looks really good!
  Hairy... I like it

I see the paper bag too... I've been doing that lately and I'm really happy with the aromatics as a result of the extra slow dry...

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Grapegod under LED [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #760822 - 12/07/14 06:41 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Got some macro shots, still learning how to use the camera and adjust lighting.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineBubbaGump
Stranger

#760862 - 12/08/14 02:03 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

What kind of Leds are you using and what was the cost? I'm looking at buying 6 Dominator xxls from lush but they're super expensive, so I'm going to shop around some more and see wjat I can find that has good results. I still am getting mixed reviews from everyone about whether leds are better than the 1000 watt hps's still though. So I'd like to rum mainly leds then supplememt with a hps or two

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Grapegod under LED [Re: BubbaGump]
    #760954 - 12/08/14 05:14 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Lush is a big rip off from what I can tell. They're not worth getting into for that price. Plus they're out dated style makes it hard to sustain in the future. When one diode goes out, 25 go out, and you need to get it soldered and professionally repaired to get fixed.

Lush's sales pitch is something like this: "trust us, we think its great, why is it so expensive? because we think its great.... Why is it great? Because we said so!"  I think they use the expensive price tag to make you think its better for some reason.  They're trying to break into the retail market and go from a small *novelty* importer to a supplier of hydro stores and whatnot. At least that the impression I get from them.

I was talking to one of the Lush rep's on ICMAG and she told me that Advanced LED copied their case design last year (Advanced has been selling the Diamond Series in the same case since 2011) which is why it looks the same. She never responded to me pointing that out, since I have some 2011 DS's.

I asked how they concluded that their rectangular fixture puts out a square 3x3 foot-print, all they could say is 'I know its confusing, but its how it works' and would not answer me when I asked for them to post par(or even lux) readings for how they rendered their graph showing the par intensity. 

Check out this facebook page someone created, I assume because of their lights.

I use the Advanced LED DS400 (the style Lush copied), four smaller DS100's and a GrowBlu 240x3 Apollo.

The Diamond series is going away and the XTE is the new model. Its a bit more expensive at $1200 for the one light that covers a 2.5'x4' area but its running some high quality diodes. I'm trying to get three of those to replace what I currently use.

The thing with LED is that you can get ripped off quite easily, like buying overpriced Lush panels or trying to go cheap and get some generics.

The "equal to hps" is a bit deceiving, as they have they can have the intensity and growth as a 1000w HPS, but the footprint of the light is much smaller so one LED usually doesn't do it.

The size light your getting is much too densely packed in (how many watts exactly?) You need to spread the lights out a bit more to even out the canopy coverage and also aid in keeping the diodes cool, thus extending their life.

What size area are you trying to cover? Its a balance between too many fixtures and spreading them out above the plants evenly. I like the DS/XTE 400 size for the coverage area and it doesn't clutter the canopy too much to where you can't stand in between lights if need be.

Check out my garden, and a grow log.

--------------------

Edited by phychotron (12/08/14 05:19 PM)

OfflineBubbaGump
Stranger

#760957 - 12/08/14 05:25 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I have a 18'x24' space. I was going to do 4 leds and 2 1000 watt hps' s pr just 6 of the dominator xxls leds. So you're saying don't use the lush lights, go threw Advanced? And this us exactly why I didn't buy the lights yet, I wanted to check on here first and get first hand accounts of people actually using them and see what the verdict was. Thanks I appreciate it man

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #761007 - 12/08/14 11:19 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

That's a big area to cover. Finding that perfect fixture will be essential to filling it out properly.

I like Advanced because they are working to actively develop the fixtures, finding that perfect blend and diode. They also take care of warranty issues quickly.

http://advancedledlights.com/blog/30-grow-light-spectrums-tested/

--------------------

OfflineBubbaGump
Stranger

#761284 - 12/11/14 06:06 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Here's one of my strains that we just finished up. Its a small scraggley ome that wasn't trimmed yet. But looks delicious. Most of this crop got stolen too right at the end so we chopped everything still remaining early.smh

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #761286 - 12/11/14 06:21 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

That's a nice frosty nugget. Fucking thieves.

I was planning on going around 70 days on this next run, and with the cold of winter I'm hoping it will get that nice purple tint again.

--------------------

OfflineBubbaGump
Stranger

#761287 - 12/11/14 06:36 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Here's another one of my strains,purplewreck, 1 of 3 of my purple strains. And another pic of that first nugget witha little purple still on it. That plant had all purple leaves but after trimming its all gone pretty much. The purple wreck still came out nice and purple after trim. That pic is was a half ass trim still kinda moist

OfflineBubbaGump
Stranger

#761288 - 12/11/14 06:40 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

The pics all got turned around when I uploaded.smh. thought I fixed it this time. And that second bud of the first strain I guess does have a little more purple still on it. Its deathstar but I don't think its the right pheno. Everyone said as soon as they smelled it they could tell its deathstsr but didn't come oit as good as expected. Some of my other strains turned out a lot better which was surprising as far as looks. I didn't get to taste a single nugget.smh

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #761301 - 12/11/14 09:19 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I think there is a rotate image based on exif info checkbox you should check out next time you upload. My camera is pretty sweet cause when I rotate it to the side it automatically corrects it to be right side up.

Day 35 of my current crop. Playing around with the macro barrel and lens configuration. I tried the zoom lens with the macro barrel and it helps get tight in there. I'm also trying to work the camera in manual mode on a few of these, both the shutter/aperture and focus as well. The focus is the tough part because the depth of field is short. Using a tripod but the fan's keep the buds moving and hard to do slow expose to increase focal depth.

--------------------

OfflineBubbaGump
Stranger

#761320 - 12/11/14 10:30 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Dude u sir have a dope camera.lmao. Those pics look like they could be advertisements for the led company seriously.agahaha. I need to work on my sog or scrog better. I tried to do it on this batch but it took awhile to get the amount of clones together so by the time I had enough I thought they were too big to scrog. Hopefully next time tho

OfflineBubbaGump
Stranger

#761323 - 12/11/14 10:35 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Here's one of the new batch that's still in veg. I'm gonna try to still possibly scrog them all at this size, hopefully its not too big

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #761331 - 12/11/14 11:07 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

The camera is a Cannon Rebel T3i. Its pretty sweet to start with paid like $600 on a clearance deal, like $700 after tax and extended warranty (Accidental coverage, I could drop the thing in water and they'll replace it in the next three years.) It was a promotional package with an extra zoom lens and memory card, basically a $300 value free; I got the clearance price which put the whole thing at the same price as the camera alone.

Then they sell some of the accessories pretty cheap, like the macro lenses were like $15 for a set of 4 that screw onto the end of the real lens, combineable for different magnifications. The macro barrel extender was only like $10. the barrel extender just separates the lens from the camera body a bit to change the focal depth but it disconnects the electronics from the lens so you have to do manual focus, which is tricky. The barrel is tight though, cause its got three different sizes that screw together to give you a few different options.

Its tricky to get that perfect canopy. Basically you need to be willing to trim back some really prime looking tops to let the lower branches come in evenly. I like to top them when they're young and get them to spread out then bend those branches over and give them some pinching to keep them spread out.

Check out the cycle here

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#761369 - 12/11/14 05:10 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Woot woot Dam those are nice!!

I just got two GG seeds. Hope it turns out as good as those!

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Grapegod under LED [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #761376 - 12/11/14 06:38 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I started with just the one seed and have been perpetually cloning it for the past two years or so...

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#761378 - 12/11/14 06:47 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Thats what I plan on doing!

OfflineBubbaGump
Stranger

#761396 - 12/11/14 09:34 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
I started with just the one seed and have been perpetually cloning it for the past two years or so...

Shouldve ended that sentence with a "Like a Boss" Agahahha

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #762608 - 12/21/14 01:18 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Some more from the current crop, day 46

--------------------

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
    #762816 - 12/22/14 05:15 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Those look so happy dude!

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #763550 - 12/28/14 12:34 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Day 52. Not sure how much longer I'll go. Probably not much.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #763893 - 12/31/14 03:01 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Day 55. I decided I'll let these go 9 weeks. They're starting to keel over from weight

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#763896 - 12/31/14 05:34 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Dam thats a nice ass grow dude! I just got those seeds man I hope mine turn out half as good as yours did!

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Grapegod under LED [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #763903 - 12/31/14 07:04 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks. I'd love to see how yours turns out, as I only had the one grapegod seed.

Here's the post for that grow.

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#763932 - 12/31/14 11:35 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Dont reallyknow when im going to start them. I dont have the room. lol

InvisibleAcidic_Sloth
Acidic poly-Sided Di-slothamide
 User Gallery

Loc: ainrofilac
Re: Grapegod under LED [Re: phychotron] * 2
    #766640 - 01/21/15 03:28 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

fucking gorgeous.

god damn i miss growing.

--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.

OfflineShortCircuit
Robot

#766748 - 01/22/15 05:44 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Hey OP, how do you like LED's compared to HPS? the power consumption is down, sure. but is it really 'watts are watts' and those 300 watt led lights that claim to be 700 really only worth the 300 watts they use?

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Grapegod under LED [Re: ShortCircuit]
    #766763 - 01/22/15 09:01 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Well I've never used HPS myself, never wanted to. I have one friend who is using HPS but couldn't grow this summer cause his A/C broke and had to get hard to find parts for his close-loop cooling bar (no air exchange A/C, for running CO2 if desired). He does have some ventilation obviously but I basically told him that he could put an LED on credit card (90 no questions asked, full refund return policy) and paid for the light with his summer harvest alone, by not having any down time.

Another buddy has a 1000w HPS in a 4x4 tent that is setting up for his first grow. MY GOD is that thing hot. Not just that it heats the entire room and apartment the thing radiates heat that cannot be cooled until it hits a surface, i.e your plants. I can feel it giving me a sun burn at 5 feet away. So I set him up with a bunch of his equipment to get his tent started, including some clones that I was personally going to grow out, but decided to give him my plants and flower out another strain for now. I even helped transplant them ans set him up with nutrients so that it pretty much up to my standard. The only real difference is the bulb. He keeps the tent open in the daytime and only had a max temp of 92, which is not bad at all, even with the LED in a sealed room you can get them up over 100, and I've done that a few times with no problems. His plants however were looking all strange, mutilated/curling leaves and scraggly larfy growth instead of branching.

We started the plants under two half-powered dying Blackstar LED's and a 150w HPS. Once they started to grow he swapped the 150w for the 1000w at the very top of the tent. He turned the LEDs off, but he didn't move them out of the path of the 1000w HID so they provided some shade to two plants that were looking much better and didn't have that much larf.

I've grown the strain out for over two years, in fact this last harvest is looking to break my record of 42 oz. From what I can tell these were just not doing that well. He put them in flower a few days ago and I'll be able to see what he does with it. Sure he's a novice gardener but a few days should not have had that much of an effect on the plants.

You need to look at the LED's actual wattage draw, those "200 x 3w diodes = 600watts" claims are stupid, since the '3 watt' diode doesn't actually exist. Most grow lights claim to be equal to x-watts of HPS, but they're usually talking about vegetative growth. Flower power is harder to come by, you need to find a good light for that. Not all watts are the same, diode efficiency makes a huge difference. Some fixtures use cheap diodes that generate more heat and produce less light per watt. All diodes are tested for intensity and operating temperature at the factory and then sorted into 'bins' that rate their efficiency.

And for a few photo's of the plants before I chopped them down. Most of the tops came down first on day 64 then a week later I took the lower stuff.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #766953 - 01/22/15 11:43 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Two more from the day they came down.

And this one I really like cause it wasn't that bright but when I adjusted the image all the background buds showed up in silhouette.  Nothing but fatties in there.

--------------------

Offlinewebster10

#766973 - 01/23/15 09:25 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Wow that looks like it's going to be one killer harvest. Thanks for the show, man. What lights were these vegged under? I saw an MH/hps and LED comparison and the LED killed the mh durin veg. Hps took it home in flowering though.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Grapegod under LED [Re: webster10]
    #767008 - 01/23/15 12:58 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

LED's do amazing as veg. Even my crappy Blackstar fixtures veg the hell out of plants.  I'm looking to break 3 lbs of bud this time, going to beat my all time record of 42 oz. I just have to wait for this last bit to finish drying and de stem. Its almost there, and I have estimated it to be about 50 oz, with five of those being food/hash grade bud that is good but not the dense smoking bud I like. I left a lot more of those smaller buds untrimmed to save time, but also because they were going to food or hash anyway.

And it could have been better, right in the beginning of flower I accidentally broke off a main branch off of one of the back center plants, cutting out at least an oz or two from that loss, it was that big of a portion of the plant.  When I get the final weight I'll probably end up doing a grow log as well, as I'm looking to also break 1 gpw and it comes to about 600g/m^2

--------------------

Offlinewebster10

#767024 - 01/23/15 03:19 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

600g/m^2 :eek: that is one amazing harvest. What are you thinking about doing with that 5 oz of the lower buds?

And as of now I'm rocking a 4 ft 4 tube t5 (:facepalm:) for veg. I'm looking into upgrading my space at the end of this year. more lights are probably going to come out during that time, but as of now, do you have a recommendation for a decent LED for veg? Also going to rebuild this year :lol: so I'm not sure of the exact dimensions yet. sorry

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Grapegod under LED [Re: webster10]
    #767067 - 01/23/15 09:40 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

I like Advanced LED, they make a veg light that's all blue, and the new XTE series is for flowering, but will also veg. They're giving away a lifetime warranty on the parts, user serviceable an easy to fix.  Those should be out for quite awhile.

--------------------

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

#767069 - 01/23/15 09:49 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not even confident I know what I'm looking at. Is that just insanely crystal laden?

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Grapegod under LED [Re: SleepAid]
    #767074 - 01/23/15 11:44 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

That is light bleaching the buds white because the light is too intense when it is closer than about 18 inches. I just let them bleach cause they're fine and only happens a little. Plus it looks pretty cool.

That's actually not a grapegod nugget, a romulanXatf X with something else.

Here's that nug with a 10 month cure...

You can see the rest of the photo's in this journal thread:
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/704754

--------------------

OfflineShortCircuit
Robot

#767112 - 01/24/15 02:16 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

bleaching is damaging to the plant to some degree and can affect yeild and potency, though if i am not mistaken is localized to the affected areas. they aren't really 'fine', and should be moved farther away from the light.

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

#767115 - 01/24/15 02:32 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
That is light bleaching the buds white because the light is too intense when it is closer than about 18 inches. I just let them bleach cause they're fine and only happens a little. Plus it looks pretty cool.

That's actually not a grapegod nugget, a romulanXatf X with something else.

Here's that nug with a 10 month cure...

You can see the rest of the photo's in this journal thread:
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/704754

thanks, this a completely new concept to me.

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Grapegod under LED [Re: ShortCircuit] * 1
    #767120 - 01/24/15 03:30 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

StateOfMindGone said:
bleaching is damaging to the plant to some degree and can affect yeild and potency, though if i am not mistaken is localized to the affected areas. they aren't really 'fine', and should be moved farther away from the light.

Yep, that's what they say. The problem with moving the light is that you cut down the penetration just to prevent a cola from getting a white top that smokes fine.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Cultivation Supplies