Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleChemical Addiction
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Timer questions on first hydro grow [Re: Chemical Addiction]
    #761255 - 12/10/14 05:53 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

So I got my oscillating fans in the mail on Monday, I put one in veg room and it has helped to keep the heat down. I put the fans in the door both on exhaust to help keep it cool as well.

The gap beneath the door is sufficient for pulling in air I believe and the oscillating fan helps as well. In the third pic the small clone was looking pretty bad about a week agao but is doing nicely now.

I had to cut two of the cuttings because they were growing faster than the others. I used multiple mothers to take the clones I really need just one large mother to take all eight cuttings from I think.

As far as I know the curled leaves are a result of the high heat, they are getting better for the most part since the temps. dropped.

I still need a thermometer/hygrometer to put in there but if I were to guess its between 85o&900 :frown: I'm working on bringing the heat down further, if all else fails I will turn the dimmer switch on light ballast down to 75%.

I know they don't need 600 watts for veg, but I figure the more the better. Any ways heres an update on how the girls are doing, feel free to point out if I'm doing something I shouldn't or something i'm not doing and should be.

Pic one is all of them, pic two is the one with the worst curling leaves (others aren't too bad), pic 3 is of the smallest clone and the bushiest

--------------------
Sure. Don't expect me to compensate your wife and five retarded kids after I've drowned your exposed brain in my semen.
    Spider Jerusalem

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #764997 - 01/11/15 05:58 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

So it's been a while since I updated. I just got finished taking clones and trimming plants. Next week I intend on putting them in flower. This is the third time I've trimmed, took a lot off each time. I expect them to grow another 4-6 inches by next sunday but I will hopefully only have to trim off leaves next week not any branches.

I bought some PVC to modify the container they sit in for flowering. I will have the pvc go along the longest sides of the container, the will stick out about 6-8 inches and be about half way between the top of the plant and the roots so I can tie off the plants. Will be easier to explain with pictures when I do alter it.

The first 2 pictures are of the plants before trimming, the third and fourth pics are of after

Instead of making a thread in doctors diagnosis I was hoping one of you could tell me what this is. It's not on a whole lot of the leaves but more than I like. Its not just bottom leaves they were mostly on top. I managed to get the temperature down to 85o but I need a dehumidifier the RH is 70%.

--------------------
Sure. Don't expect me to compensate your wife and five retarded kids after I've drowned your exposed brain in my semen.
    Spider Jerusalem

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #770204 - 02/25/15 08:49 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Anyone want to see my girls lovely lady parts? You can see them better after a trimming, I took off the yellow fan leaves as well as some of the green ones to improve light penetration. I know they still have a ways to go i'm just excited :grin:

I've learned a lot from this hydro grow. Only had two soil grows under my belt, one of the biggest differences is how much the plants grew when transitioning to flower! I was expecting 2-3 inches not a foot.

My ceilings are only 8 ft. tall I would love to have 6 ft. (2 meter) plants, but they are growing above the light. I had to trim the ones that hit the glass. Will be doing a lot of little things different next time, should be a much prettier crop

--------------------
    Spider Jerusalem

Offlinewebster10

#770228 - 02/26/15 04:24 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Your lady parts are looking awefully sexy.

I made the same mistake of flipping too late. I think I'm going to end up just snapping a few branches that are getting too close to the glass.

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Timer questions on first hydro grow [Re: webster10]
    #772223 - 03/15/15 05:57 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

My DS XTE 400 LED light came in yesterday, I just picked it up today. For the time being I have it set up in my veg closet since the HID went out. However when the current crop is harvested this light will be for flowering. I will supplement with two 4ft flouros since its a kind of skinny, but its long.

It's been running for over half an hour and 8 of the diodes wont light up. I tried just blue, just red and it had both on for 20+ mins. I sent an email to the company since it's to late to call.

--------------------
    Spider Jerusalem

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #772245 - 03/15/15 10:24 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Those are IR or UV and wont light up in the visible spectrum.  I'd like to see the growlog if you plan on doing one when you flower with it.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Timer questions on first hydro grow [Re: phychotron]
    #772247 - 03/15/15 10:32 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

i'll do my best to take pics along the way, I need to do some minor alterations to my flowering room, I originally set it up so I could have 2 ebb/flow set ups but I just don't have enough power in that room.

Even though I have a shitload of breakers who ever wired this house decided to put all the receptacles and lights from 2 bedrooms, a bathroom and the garage on one 15 amp breaker.
:rolleyes:

I have to use an extention cord from another room with my 4HP shop vac or it flips the breaker.

--------------------
    Spider Jerusalem

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #772251 - 03/15/15 10:50 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

That's rough. Some people have shitty old electricity. When I lived across town in a house that was built in 1905 it had some archaic wiring with no third prong outlets anywhere in the house. I kept having to replace the power supply in my computer, like two times in one year. I assume it has something to do with the spikes and drops that the house was going through.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Timer questions on first hydro grow [Re: phychotron]
    #772674 - 03/18/15 12:06 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Can one of you veteran growers give me an approximate time before harvest? I know that it varies strain to strain, but I want to know an approximate time so I can plan out my nutrients. When to start adding botanicare cns 17 ripe/flush. I had to turn off HPS to take pictures, I left a supplemental flouro I added on though.

The time tables on the back of the nutes is way too short, they vegged for about the same time as the bottles say they should have vegged, flowered and been harvested.

Some of the colas are looking nice but there are still a lot of very small flowers that have very white pistils. Some of the buds however have some red pistils and "frosty" leaves. The plants are (probably) different strains, one plant for sure.

The guy I got the seeds from had mixed up some of the strains and just put them in one bag. I decided to start with these since it was my first hydro grow. I didn't want to use the labeled strains until I had at least one hydro grow down. I still have a single skunk #1 seed, some Silver Haze X Sensi Star, some 3HB (Jack Heir x GDP x SS),SS (sensi star) romulan, romulan mix, and some labeled KSB don't remember what that stands for.

I've got some clones in veg from the mixed strain and i'm debating on whether I should use some of these seeds since they are about 3 years old or if I should try one of the feminized Durban poison seeds I bought. I want to do one Durban poison (pure sativa) with a LST type grow and have one plant in both veg/flower instead of 6-8. But seeing as moving the plant from veg to flower would be a real pain in the ass I was thinking I would just start it in my flowering room.

If I move some stuff around I could build a second flowering room downstairs near the veg and do indica strains down there. but I can't really spend money right now seeing as I need another work truck, a fucking cop pulled out in front of me and damaged the front end/ frame/ gearbox/ fender and more.

Surprisingly enough he even took responsibility (verbally) until more cops showed up and started coaching him on what to say (or rather not say). meh that's a story for another time. It happened less than a week after spending $1200 on an LED  :facepalm3:

--------------------
    Spider Jerusalem

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #772915 - 03/19/15 08:18 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

no one want to hazard a guess? I ordered a jewelers loupe last night, I was thinking I would change out the nutes this Saturday and next Saturday start the 2 week flush. So about 3 weeks more, I switched them to flower January 25th so they have been flowering for 7 weeks this sunday, another three would bring it up to 10 weeks.

--------------------
    Spider Jerusalem

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
    #772929 - 03/19/15 09:04 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I have those same strains from Buddaking and your also the ONLY one to have the exact same strains Ive had until just this year  :hehehe:
they are all 8 week flowering strains, the KSB is Killer Super Blueberry and was very good, wish I had more but its no longer for sale that I can find.  :thumbup:

heres some of the sensi star I got from him.  :stoner:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:1:growingweed:3:growingweed:B:farmerdance:U:growingweed:D:growingweed:S:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:

Edited by 13buds (03/19/15 09:12 PM)

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Timer questions on first hydro grow [Re: 13buds]
    #772945 - 03/20/15 06:00 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

13buds said:
I have those same strains from Buddaking and your also the ONLY one to have the exact same strains Ive had until just this year  :hehehe:

Haha must be a coincidence :wink:. Thank you for the reply, the reason I wanted to wait was so the bud would get bigger (I can be greedy sometimes) but I don't want to harvest too late it wouldn't be worth the extra weight. I suppose when I get home from work I will start the flush this week and turn them into 9 week flowering plants.

--------------------
    Spider Jerusalem

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #773664 - 03/25/15 08:57 PM (9 years, 27 days ago)

After you said they were 8 week flowering plants I was worried they would have to be harvested a bit late, but my jewelers loupe came in today and most of the trichomes are clear, I only saw some cloudy or milky trichomes and they were sparce. most looked like water droplets I found a pic that is very similar to mine (I don't have a really good camera or hand-held microscope that takes pics)

They look like this

It turns out the flush is about three weeks. On Saturday I used 25 ml/per gallon of the botanicare ripe, I will change out water tomorrow with 20 Ml/per gallon and on monday I will change out water again with 10 ml/ per gallon. I plan on harvesting not this sunday but the following. Will keep checking on the trichomes in the mean time, the buds have already put on some weight from the Ripe :stoned:

--------------------
    Spider Jerusalem

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
    #773667 - 03/25/15 09:10 PM (9 years, 27 days ago)

:greenthumb::leafsmoke:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:1:growingweed:3:growingweed:B:farmerdance:U:growingweed:D:growingweed:S:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Timer questions on first hydro grow [Re: 13buds]
    #777286 - 04/28/15 10:45 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

About time to finish this thread up. I harvested 17 days ago, did the first two weeks of drying now they are in jars. 1.5 quart jars of nice looking buds, and one quart jar of small buds and buds that weren't very dense i'm keeping for myself.

I definitely made mistakes, biggest one being switching over to flower too late (might have done it again recently but wont be as bad) Anyways there were a lot of budsites, i'd estimate that almost 50% of the bud (weight-wise) was removed and added to the trim for edibles/oil. 

I still need to figure out what i'm going to do with edible/oil material, it's dry now so it wont mold. I want something easy to dose with limited baking skills or some sort of extraction. was thinking cookies or extracting an oil and using an oil burner. Any suggestions welcome.

Anyways here are some pics, The first pic is only about half of the edible/oil trimming, most of the leaves were in a box at the time that was mostly bud stripped off the branches. I left the plants whole until day 5 they were starting to dry unevenly (small branches going brown while others bright green.

Still need practice with the cure, I kept the humidity above 50% but by day 6 the buds were getting crispy on the outside. The Boveda packs are helping for other stages.

--------------------
    Spider Jerusalem

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates