Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
post germination
    #757620 - 11/16/14 10:34 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

:banghead:  WHY!!!!!!

my seeds all germinate but as soon as the tap root sticks out of the shell it dies!?  :wtf:

Ive now lost my holy grail kush seeds, my girl scout cookie seed, my tangie kush and sage an sour....  :sad:

why do my seeds keep dieing after germination???  :shrug2:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:1:growingweed:3:growingweed:B:farmerdance:U:growingweed:D:growingweed:S:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblevinsue
GRAND OLD FART
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
Re: post germination [Re: 13buds]
    #757621 - 11/16/14 10:43 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Are you germinating in a paper towel? ...:growingweed: . . . :peace:

--------------------
" One toke over the line...

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #757627 - 11/16/14 11:05 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, what exactly is happning? is it turning brown and dying? Does the root go mushy?

With it happening to so many strains it sounds like whatever your germinating in may be overly moist.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Re: post germination [Re: Magash]
    #757629 - 11/16/14 11:17 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Im getting a paper towel wet and putting it in the bottom of a bowl, placing my seeds on that then putting another bowl over the other because its soo dry here the water evaps out after a couple hours if I dont.  but I always get germination after 24-48 hours but I want the tap to be at least established to about half an inch long b4 I place into soil.

but I never get that far..  the tap root just stops growing and then nothing.. 

all my seeds have about a 3mm root sticking out then :suicide:

I had zero issues b4 but since then I was cloning and I wanted to change my mother out for something new but I cant start a seed now for the life of me.. :confused2:

--------------------
:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:1:growingweed:3:growingweed:B:farmerdance:U:growingweed:D:growingweed:S:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

#757633 - 11/16/14 11:25 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

oh and they are on a seed mat at about 78*F, without the mat they dont germinate, too cold..  :smirk:

--------------------

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

#757635 - 11/16/14 11:26 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

the seeds look like that seed pic that germinated in the bud that was posted yesterday.  just a bit of root then stall.... :blazed:

--------------------

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

#757637 - 11/16/14 11:27 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

dont worry Mag, none of these seeds were your work, Im saving those for when I figure this shit out.  :hehehe:

:ganja:

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #757641 - 11/16/14 11:37 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

13buds said:
dont worry Mag, none of these seeds were your work, Im saving those for when I figure this shit out.  :hehehe:

:ganja:

Yeah but I wanna help ya figure it out if I can. Besides I can always sell ya more seeds :derfase:

Remember moist but not soggy.

For the hell of it try this sometime. Exchange the paper for cloth or a regular towel. I use a dish towel cause they have dimples that each hold a seed perfectly. (not needed I just like it) then put the towel with the seeds in a freezer bag and suck out air and set it on top of the fridge or someplace warm.

What are you growing in?

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#757642 - 11/16/14 11:46 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Ijust germ. some more seeds yesterday.They are broke open in 24 hours now im waiting to thy get like an inch them i put them in soil no problems. One of the problems could be to cold like you said. Mag right like always,they could be to much water?

I almost let mine dry out but not completely. Just keep them damp. Did you ever try a zip lock? yet? Might work for yea!I dont use them I just put a lid with the paper towels wet on the frig.:wellidunno:

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

#757733 - 11/16/14 06:26 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:

What are you growing in?

I'll try the ziplock bag and cloth towel next, sound ez enough. 

Im growing dwc but I start my seeds in soil then rinse the dirt off once the roots establish and put into hydroton for the remainder of its life. 

I dont use rockwool cus I fail 100% of the time with it, I just dont get it.  :shrug:

I got my last holy grail to pop and stuck it straight into soil, Im not waiting this time for a longer root.  heres hoping for the best  :getstoned:

--------------------

OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

#758016 - 11/19/14 06:50 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Rapid rooter plugs FTW.  Poke hole all the way through with bamboo skewer first, and rip from top to bottom to allow plant to expand later.  The plugs are foamy so won't allow the seed to fall too deeply later when you drop it in  the factory hole at the top.

Get yourself a plastic tray with good drainage from a spacer tray at bottom and a big dome top to put the plugs in.  Lay a box or two of cheap clay cat litter unopened on top of seed mat, then your tray on top of that. 

Soak the rapid rooters in RO water with just a little CalMag or nutrients.  1/4 strength.  pH to 6.  Squeeze them out until moist, drop seed into hole, and keep water level below just touching the bottom of the plugs.  I usually get tap roots poking through the plugs in about 3-5 days.  The dome on top needs to have the openings opened, then covered with something to keep most light out from the lights above that should be a couple feet away at first.

You want to transplant ASAP after you see the root coming out from the plug, or even before if the seedling has shed it's shell and is growing.  Don't let it get long and skinny and soaking at the bottom.

The paper towel approach can be problematic.  Roots don't like light, and handling is tricky.  This avoids all that.

Edited by GoonerHeClips (11/19/14 06:56 AM)

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Re: post germination [Re: GoonerHeClips]
    #758027 - 11/19/14 08:14 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

all my plugs mold so I quit using them  :thumbdown:

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #758037 - 11/19/14 08:59 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I use to hate it for starting seeds also but came up with a method.

Germ the seeds whatever way that you do. Let the tap root grow a little bit. Use these plugs that are sliced. Slide the root into the plug and use whatever to hold the plugs closed.

--------------------

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

#758087 - 11/19/14 02:20 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Germ the seeds whatever way that you do. Let the tap root grow a little bit. Use these plugs that are sliced. Slide the root into the plug and use whatever to hold the plugs closed.

thats the part Im not getting to/past..  :shrug:

it sprouts the tap but thats it..  maybe a millimeter or 2 then nothing. 

Im going to try fresh seeds, all these Ive been working with are 4 years old but Ive used older just fine b4.... :wow:

I think I may be getting them too wet after they pop.  I did have a couple rot but the others just stopped with a nice white tap bearly sticking out of the husk.  :shrug:

I guess since I have a couple dozen seeds I can keep flushing money down the toilet till I figure out wtf..  :banghead:

I feel stupid because Ive never had this issue and have popped many seeds b4.. I thought my only problem was drying/curing :waits:

--------------------

OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

#758094 - 11/19/14 03:33 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

13buds said:
oh and they are on a seed mat at about 78*F, without the mat they dont germinate, too cold..  :smirk:

It's the "about" that would concern me.  Don't forget that too warm will cause problems too and make root rot happen that much faster particularly if you are too wet as well.  Try my cat litter idea, it works far better than putting your tray right on that mat.  They get hot.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: post germination [Re: GoonerHeClips]
    #758097 - 11/19/14 05:03 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I think I may be getting them too wet after they pop.  I did have a couple rot but the others just stopped with a nice white tap bearly sticking out of the husk.

The fact that you had some rot has me leaning in this direction.

--------------------

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

#758100 - 11/19/14 06:14 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

:greenthumb::leafsmoke:

:takingnotes:

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#758105 - 11/19/14 07:12 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

I think I may be getting them too wet after they pop.  I did have a couple rot but the others just stopped with a nice white tap bearly sticking out of the husk.

The fact that you had some rot has me leaning in this direction.

Or he got fucked up seeds that the breeders did.

Because Im a germin fuckin machine and this happened to me once . Like a week ago. problem wasn't me . The seeds.

just sayin:wellidunno:

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
Re: post germination [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #758129 - 11/19/14 11:37 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds like maybe some bacteria... try popping them in regular soil maybe

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Re: post germination [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #758139 - 11/20/14 04:18 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

oeric mckenna said:
Sounds like maybe some bacteria... try popping them in regular soil maybe

Im doing that now as of yesterday :thumbup:

if that doesnt work I have to listen to mag because everything else he advises is gold :ganja:

--------------------

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

#759600 - 11/28/14 01:50 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

so its been a week and 3 more duds..  :banghead:

2 I tried the cloth towel in a ziplock and 1 in soil..  :thumbdown:

Im beginning to think Im retarded  :wow:
but these are 4 year old seeds :shrug:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/20856134#20856134

Im going to try fresh seeds this time to see if thats all it was was old seeds..

guess its time to pop some blueberry x haze seeds.  :thumbup:

:popcorn:

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#759601 - 11/28/14 01:58 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Wow holly fuck?

Good about time! get that killer haze poppen!

I was thinking were did you store them at? watch my PE not pop?

I know those hazes will pop in 24 hours !I just popped 3 more like two weeks ago !

Keep me updated!

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
    #759602 - 11/28/14 02:04 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Maybe the insides became dried out?  I just popped a 20yr old seed like 2 months ago.
I keep them in a freezer.  Good luck to you man

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

#759605 - 11/28/14 02:34 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I'll try to get a pic of them b4 I toss em out and start anew..  Ive been tring to germinate fucking seeds for almost a month and a half now after growing for 2 years, embarrassing to say the least.  :nonono:

:noob:

--------------------

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

#759606 - 11/28/14 02:37 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

oeric mckenna said:
Maybe the insides became dried out?  I just popped a 20yr old seed like 2 months ago.
I keep them in a freezer.  Good luck to you man

I have all my seeds in their pkgs I got them in inside a tin in my drawer :shrug:

I guess its possible, I havent figured out why Im failing so I cant rule it out. :smirk:

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#759607 - 11/28/14 02:54 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

13buds said:
I'll try to get a pic of them b4 I toss em out and start anew..  Ive been tring to germinate fucking seeds for almost a month and a half now after growing for 2 years, embarrassing to say the least.  :nonono:

:noob:

Can you get your hands on some bagseed? I cant ever since I started growen I cant get swag. lol

If you get some fuck around with them. I like it sometimes .You never know what your going  to get. I mean i took mid seeds and made it Fire!!

Heres one !

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

#759631 - 11/28/14 05:47 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

thats what my avatar is, just an outdoor bag seed I let finish growin from a couple months ago  :thumbup:

its just makes me feel stupid not being able to do basics when Ive been growing for a couple years now.. 

now I have nothing growing and cant start a fuckin seed to save my life :banghead:

going to be a long few months if I cant start something soon :shrug:

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#759634 - 11/28/14 05:51 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Throw those hazes in .They pop right away for ya!

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

#759635 - 11/28/14 06:05 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
When seeds pop but don't do anything it's cause they were rushed. They saw dark shells on the seeds and harvested them. They need to fully ripen which means they don't only need to look pretty but need to build up there stores for what could possibly be years of waiting till the conditions are right for germinating.

this sounds like my issue, the seeds are tiny compared to magashs :strokebeard:

makes me feel better about the failures if they arent my fault  :laugh2:

Quote:

budgrowerwannabe said:
Throw those hazes in .They pop right away for ya!

for sure, Im tired of fuckin around.  :ganja:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies