Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewebster10

Outdoor Hempy Bucket - Sweet Seeds Dark Devil Auto
    #747753 - 09/12/14 06:00 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Hey everyone, yet another attempt at a grow. I am very disappointed in how my last attempt turned out but learned a valuable lesson: Never ever for any reason ever transplant an auto :facepalm:

I have taken this rule as far as to skip the whole paper towel step for germination and plop the seed straight into my hempy bucket.

I just sowed the seed today so I don't expect a seedling for at least 4 days.

Basically my set up is:

5 gallon bucket
3:1 perlite to vermiculite ratio, a little bit of extra verm on top to help with water retention on the surface for the little guy in it's young age. And that is it for the "set up" per se.

My nutes:

I really have a choice here. I have the complete FF trio(pretty sure big bloom would be useless since I'm not using any soil though) and the GH Maxi series. I have already chosen to use the maxi series but would love to hear any arguments for going the FF route. I have GH armor si and CAliMAGic to use as additives.

Other variables:

They will be only be getting winter sunlight (10-12hrs/day), will be in winter temps for where I live (60-70 usually but can easily get up to 85 during day and maybe have random drops into the 50s) and have like 40%-60% humidity.

Expectations: I really have learned not to get my hopes up from past experience so I am basically expecting nothing from this plant. Any auto I have transplanted in the past have stayed extremely small and produced next to nothing. I hope that I will be patient enough not to pull anything retarded like I have on every single past grow so far :facepalm:. I'm just going to sit back, let the plant grow, nute when I need to but other than that just let the damn hempy do it's job.

Wish me luck. If this does well I will most likely keep doing small projects like this year round. :potleaf:

Edited by webster10 (09/15/14 01:06 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Outdoor Hempy Bucket - Dinafem White Widow auto [Re: webster10]
    #747806 - 09/12/14 09:08 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Three things will effect yield.

Days in the 50s. (you won't have many of those most likely)

The shorter winter day hours

High humidity during flowering.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinewebster10

Re: Outdoor Hempy Bucket - Dinafem White Widow auto [Re: Magash]
    #747841 - 09/13/14 05:30 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks, I really doubt I'll have any days in the 50s, maybe 1 or 2 at most honestly. Yeah I realized it'll produce less due to that, but still worth a try. And yeah I do live in a very humid climate but with autumn coming it should lower a bit. What about a high humidity lowers yield?

Do you think popping the seed directly in the 5 gallon hempy was a mistake? I'm thinking I maybe should have done the paper towel method first because the hempys mix is so light.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Outdoor Hempy Bucket - Dinafem White Widow auto [Re: webster10]
    #747846 - 09/13/14 07:57 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Do you think popping the seed directly in the 5 gallon hempy was a mistake? I'm thinking I maybe should have done the paper towel method first because the hempys mix is so light.

You could have done the paper towle method that doesn't count as a transplant but no I don't think it was a mistake to put them directly into the buckets. When I use to start seeds in buckets I just did like with cups. Plant the seed just under the surface (encase I need to dig things up to check them. Not recommended but I do it sometimes :shrug:) and cover the top with suran wrap. Then as soon as the seedlings show themselves remove the suran wrap.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds