Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTokinTurtle
Stranger

coco loco!!! how anyone have a good watering feeding schedule?
    #743596 - 08/10/14 09:40 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Whats up, im a new grower, haverun a couple harvests before but b using house and garden coco (75 percent) and 25 percent coco loco. This is my first time growing with pure coco loco and the watering is alot different. Anyways im using botanicares kind line, with OM microbial supplemented, superthrive here and there, as well as hygrozyme all of these on schedules but i still have no set watering schedule i have been going off of feeling for dryness. I have one Mdog from dr greenthumb of 3 weeks veg and one chem dog that i re-veged to get on schedule with the other one. The Mdog is in a 10gallon smartpot just tranplanted from its smaller pot. Anyways not a big grow now but im just starting out with my own setup. Also im running a 400watt MH bulb pretty much thru flower unless i can afford an hps1000 by flowering phase. Any advice for me on my setup any tips would really help alot. Thanks guys

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: coco loco!!! how anyone have a good watering feeding schedule? [Re: TokinTurtle]
    #743605 - 08/10/14 10:38 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I just smoked for the first time in a few days and am too baked to visualize this without photos, but why not use 400w HPS? or is this a ballast incapable of running HPS? which I forget but thought they all did. I liked the look of Interlux HPS. like $20 for 400w with shipping and they claim it's a reverse engineered hortilux super HPS that's meant to work well on digital ballast. whatever that means. sounds good

What's the loco in coco loco? er what else is in that? just curious

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
Re: coco loco!!! how anyone have a good watering feeding schedule? [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #743612 - 08/10/14 11:53 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

All I can say is that I'm using that soil and its awesome shit.

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

OfflineTokinTurtle
Stranger

Re: coco loco!!! how anyone have a good watering feeding schedule? [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #743614 - 08/10/14 11:57 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Yea it can run either hps or mh. Cocoloco is a mix of coco coir with pearlite, some soil, forest hummus, guano, worm castings and other stuff. I have used it before but not 100 percent. I want This EmdOG to grow up real nicely

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: coco loco!!! how anyone have a good watering feeding schedule? [Re: TokinTurtle]
    #743618 - 08/11/14 01:02 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

As far as watering schedules, you are doing exactly what you should be.  You really don't want to stick with a set watering schedule.  You just need to pay attention to when they need it.  Plants will change how much water they need during their life cycle, so just keep an eye on em and water when needed.

Also I would just ditch the superthrive

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #743645 - 08/11/14 07:15 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

10 gallons is a bit too big for coco usually. I try to go with 5 tops, but I'm running pure coco.

Check out Blumats as a way to keep your plants watered automatically. Either fully feeding through the Blumats, or simply as a plain water backup for when your running a little late to watering them. They've worked well for me in the past, but I'm finally moving on to a drain to waste setup to make it easier to flush.  My plans would have died if I didn't keep them as a backup for the first couple of runs with the new water system.

Its hard finding a universal feeding schedule because the plants suck down more or less water depending on the phase of growth and temperature. I have my alarm clock set to go off when the lights come on so that I can check them and then manually plug the pump in if needed. I'm fixing to get a cycle-stat in order to have it somewhat fixed, yet adjustable so that I can keep up with the plants needs without trying to reprogram a digital timer every other day.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck