Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleJehuti
Neophyte

Outdoor / Indoor Autoflower Question
    #743557 - 08/10/14 07:18 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I had to edit this, it was a question about autos moving from outdoors after a month of summer light/dark to indoors under T5's for yield and possible herming.

--------------------
"Why use up the forests which were centuries in the making and the mines which required ages to lay down, if we can get the equivalent of forest and mineral products in the annual growth of the hemp fields?"
-  Henry Ford

“The art of Jiu Jitsu is worth more in every way than all of our athletics combined.”
- Theodore Roosevelt

Edited by Jehuti (08/10/14 10:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJehuti
Neophyte

Re: Outdoor / Indoor Autoflower Question [Re: Jehuti]
    #743577 - 08/10/14 08:27 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I'm thinking maybe I posted in the wrong section, I certainly hope not but excuse me if I did.

I understand that 20/4 is optimal from seed, but they would be grown for a month outdoors. Is it advisable to finish them outdoors and to do a different batch with 20/4 (some say 18/6, or even 24/0), or to risk some stress and bananas by changing their light pattern in order to increase the harvest? I don't even know if autos will herm, but I assume they will have their limits with respect to light stress. Thanks again.

--------------------
"Why use up the forests which were centuries in the making and the mines which required ages to lay down, if we can get the equivalent of forest and mineral products in the annual growth of the hemp fields?"
-  Henry Ford

“The art of Jiu Jitsu is worth more in every way than all of our athletics combined.”
- Theodore Roosevelt

Edited by Jehuti (08/10/14 09:57 PM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #743586 - 08/10/14 08:46 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

It may help a little to put them under the light but don't expect a whole lot. The key with autos is no transplanting. They like to be in their permanent home from day one. Next time get a normal plant and take clones off it and just flower the clones as soon as they root.
A few different versions of what I'm talking about that I've done over the years.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#743598 - 08/10/14 09:56 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I doubt it would be a problem to just take them out of sunlight into an indoor light source as long as they don't have random dark/light cycle, and even then I'm not sure if there's any definitive info on the subject yet. I'm not much help here, but Check out samsara's autoflower guide. It seems to be a good little collection of information, and there may be something helpful in there. Direct link to the PDF http://www.samsaraseeds.com/media/growers_guide_autoflowering_plants.pdf

I know this is a potentially unwanted or out of place opinion, but... In general I think more people should establish if they NEED their plants to automatically go into flower regardless of the hours of light. Like maybe if you have no grow lamps and live somewhere in the world that it's sunny 20 hours a day, you would absolutely need to choose autoflowering/loweryder/ruderalis crossed genetics, but beyond that, what reason is there to choose autoflowering genetics? I know they are getting a little better at making ruderalis crosses bigger/stronger, but I'm willing to bet it's still not enough to make them worth choosing if you don't need to. Although.. I suppose it would be cool to just have a plant flowering in your bedroom or around the house and not have to worry too much about the light cycle. throw one near the tv or by a lamp you use.

There is proof that autoflower strains are natural and not some Monsanto creation, right? because they are surely working on clever plans to sneak their genetics into every breeders collection of seeds and then go around claiming the rights to those strains and bankrupting breeders just by initiating a legal battle.

InvisibleJehuti
Neophyte

Re: Outdoor / Indoor Autoflower Question [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #743599 - 08/10/14 10:07 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I would get them to try as a novelty. Also if one grows outdoors they provide an early harvest so you don't go all summer without meds. Maybe these are best suited indoors though, I'm not sure. It would save money to do them outside however. Great link, a few things I hadn't heard b4 like transplanting being a no-no.

I assume Ruderalis is a real thing but Monsanto has their grubby hands in everything. Fuck those dry cunts.

--------------------
-  Henry Ford

- Theodore Roosevelt

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order