Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSmokeSomeHash
Littlest pee pee on da block
 User Gallery

Loc: murica Flag
Re: How are your summer tempatures? [Re: webster10]
    #743430 - 08/09/14 07:29 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

webster10 said:
An experienced grower recently told me to try to avoid getting the new meters installed. He told me he knew a few people that were busted because of them. Apparently, these new meters can detect exactly which lumens(not sure if this is the correct term) are most actively being received by objects in the room. And if the lumens match up with the ones marijuana plants need, they can easily prove you are growing.
Not sure if he said lumens though, it could've been something else. Also, not sure why anyone would be studying your light output so closely unless you have already given someone a reason to. He also said this occurs with the new "sattalite meters."

Definitely not lumens. Lumens is a measure of light. Youre pretty much saying you were told the meter could actually act as a light meter for every room of the house which sounds so absurd its funny. To determine which objects get the most lumens absorbed? Man this is just so wrong...

How do they even know your electricity is powering lights and not a dryer? My grandpa has 4 HPS outside on his huge lawn and he aint growing shit. How do they know the objects receiving the lumens are grass and not weed?

they dont. They just supply you power and check your usage. If theres massive peaks maybe thats a tip off but thats about it and if you pay on time youll be fine.

A buddy that grows hit $1300 one month just in electric...paid it on time and never thought twice about it.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How are your summer tempatures? [Re: SmokeSomeHash]
    #743482 - 08/10/14 05:38 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I've heard that the older magnetic ballast give feedback to the grid. I knew a guy in the woods who was all about the electronic ballast for that reason.

According to a power company in southern California they only transmit how much you use and when you use it. They don't have any software trying to analyze your devices, just your usage.

"Smart meters transmit only two types of information to us: the amount of electricity you use and when you use it. We use this information to ensure that your monthly bill is accurate and to manage and optimize the electricity grid that serves our region."

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag