Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinerichismalls
Stranger

Newbie grow log. *DELETED*
    #742195 - 07/30/14 06:28 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by richismalls

Reason for deletion: just not feelin it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: Newbie grow log. [Re: richismalls]
    #742247 - 07/31/14 12:56 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Will be watching. :popcorn:

Good start.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Offlinerichismalls
Stranger

#742862 - 08/04/14 09:20 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

8-3

OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Southeast US
    #743309 - 08/08/14 10:44 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Looking good so far.  I will be watching!  To answer your questions,

1.  Is there a right/wrong time to start feeding?

You should feed at around 3 weeks

2.  When do I lose the dome and turn a fan on?

Once the plant is sprouted, the more fresh air you can provide, the better.

3.  When do I transplant to the next sized pot? (I plan on transplanting twice, once after the solo cup, and once before flowering).

I would wait until the 2nd or 3rd set of leaves come in to transplant but that's really up to you.  I have transplanted as soon as the plant sprouted before and never had issues.

4.  I found about 100 opinions on when the vegetative state actually starts, when does it?

The vegetative state usually starts 1-2 weeks after planting.  My personal opinion is once its sprouted and has its first set of leaves, its in veg. state.

I have some questions though.

What kind of soil are you using?

What size pot do you plan on using for veg and flower?

What size is your room?

What size light are you using for veg and flower?

Offlinerichismalls
Stranger

Re: Newbie grow log. [Re: ShroomingChaos]
    #743513 - 08/10/14 11:17 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Thank you for responding.

The soil that T'm using is Canna Terra Professional Plus.
I transferred the plants from a solo cup (which is what i germinated in) to a believe a 7 in deep pot? Maybe 8. From that it is going into a 5 gallon pot, I plan to veg for about 5-6 weeks. Right now they are in a closet, from there they will flower in a 3x3 tent with a grow blu apollo 180x3. for the veg right now its a t5, 2 foot, 4 bulb light. This is day 16 since they have shown true leaves.

Offlinerichismalls
Stranger

#743701 - 08/11/14 08:25 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

what does it mean when a branch has 4 leaves? its also the same on the opposite sides branch.

Offlinerichismalls
Stranger

#743952 - 08/14/14 04:19 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Day 20 of veg. the one in the front left seems to be the weakling now. they all seem to take turns with growth spurts.

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
    #743981 - 08/14/14 10:12 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Idk what ya mean by 4 leaves. ... branches can have all kinds of leaves... multitudes

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

Offlinerichismalls
Stranger

#744313 - 08/18/14 02:31 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

instead of the 5/7 leaves, it had 4, like it was missing one. no biggie, just wondering. also, i have 4 plants as we can see. is it necessary for CO2? for only 4 plants? im totally willing to drop the $ on it if it will make a difference. im preparing to fruit so i should buy it sooner than later if needed.

Offlinerichismalls
Stranger

#744584 - 08/20/14 07:36 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

So today is day 26 of veg. i just transplanted into my 5 gallon pots. ill give it a couple of days to get settled in and then ill hit the lights!

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #744617 - 08/20/14 09:48 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

They look great.
There gona be happy in those 5 gal's.

No reason at all to add CO2. None of the big grower's use it that I know of.
Good air flow is most important.

Best of luck  :potleaf:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Offlinerichismalls
Stranger

Re: Newbie grow log. [Re: KaptKid]
    #745174 - 08/24/14 09:36 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Set up my other light and filter. day one of flower. my game plan is to water them as usual (probably tomorrow or the next day), and i guess wait for signs of flowers before giving a first feeding?
let me know what anyone thinks!

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

#745191 - 08/25/14 09:08 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I'd say technically flowering begins after the first long dark period.
Either way, you can feed them whenever...  most do a : water/water/feed_ like that

I see violet LED action??  Mmmm
That'll make em happy :laugh:

--------------------

Offlinerichismalls
Stranger

Re: Newbie grow log. [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #745199 - 08/25/14 10:48 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

thanks for the advice! yeah there is a whole mix of lights in there. it's a grow blu Apollo series

Offlinerichismalls
Stranger

#745200 - 08/25/14 10:50 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I'd also like to say that I was surprised at how quiet the fan was after I set it up. also, duct tape is your friend when setting up your filter and fan :thumbup:

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#745630 - 08/29/14 05:18 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Nice. Keep up the good work. Hey which caliCon did you get btw? if you don't mind me asking. At least I didn't see it mentioned.

I just started a greencrack I got as a freebie. Based on reviews it might be good. I've heard mixed reviews of calico though, and to me they seem almost shady in some way. I don't know for sure what the deal is with them, but If I had to guess... I'd guess that Swerve is a rich kid bitch who goes around buying exclusive cuts, then pays Spanish breeders to do all the breeding while he spends all his time on a forum somewhere. Who knows. I'd like to try some of his shit, I just don't want to pay for it.

Offlinerichismalls
Stranger

Re: Newbie grow log. [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #746115 - 09/02/14 05:22 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

lol i have no idea about all that. as for the strain i have no idea. i got my seeds as a sample pack from the denver cannabis cup this year. i dont remember what they are. they all look the same but i dont know.

they are about to get their first feeding today on day ten i believe of flower. im wondering if i should include calMag at this point in time in the feeding?

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#746205 - 09/03/14 05:07 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think calmag would hurt if it's a small amount. Recently I've been using calmag as a PH down for rainwater and haven't had any problems when using it on my seedlings. Like straight rain water with just 1-2ml per gallon of general organic calmag+. Not to say people should use calmag on their seedlings, just letting you know it shouldn't be a problem for those plants. Someone else would have to say if you should or shouldn't. I still have a ton to learn about growing.
I heard recently that too much magnesium can destroy your plants quickly, and that there's a very fine line between a high but safe amount and too much magnesium.

Offlinerichismalls
Stranger

#746264 - 09/03/14 10:36 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

everything i fed my plant was at half strength. so i developed a small problem. that being fungus gnats. right away from home experience i created a trap as follows.

take a small plastic cup, or really anything you can fill with 4oz or so of apple cider vinegar and mix it with a squirt of dish soap. then place plastic wrap over top of container and poke with a pen to make holes. they love the smell of the fermentation. since the dish soap doesnt allow for surface tension, when they land on the liquid they will sink and die. got three last night. its hard for them to notice it since a fan is blowing and well, they already have 4 nice food sources.

SO

I went and bought diatomaceous earth, took a spoon and sprinkled and spread it all around. they did not like that at all. right away like 3-5 from each plant popped up and started tweaking. now i did just water but the top layer was ever so slightly dry from my fan so it works out great. give the powder a long amount of time to be dry and working it magic before the next watering.

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#746486 - 09/05/14 04:43 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I've been having much better results than I used to by feeding about 1/2 -2/3 of the suggested amounts.

Not a bad idea that bug trap. I've been lucky to get mainly bugs that commit suicide via HPS light, but I'll have to remember that if I get more fungus gnats. My uncle told me he used to blow smoke on his plants to keep the insects away. Not sure how effective that would be, but there are definitely anti bug recipes that use nicotine.

I just heard a podcast with some good insider talk about anti insect stuff. That show in general has some really great tips from insiders. each episodes 2 hours though.

I'm not totally sure who they are exactly, but they definitely are friends with a ton of people in the industry. Adam either started or was a main breeder at THseeds I think.

Offlinerichismalls
Stranger

#746863 - 09/07/14 10:46 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the info.

I also noticed today that 1 of 4 isn't flowering. It's showing that it is female and there is no signs of any male plant of hermi. its just stunted or something?!? it looks just like the rest before they started to flower. at this point it almost a full two weeks "behind" the others. wtf?

at this point my lil 3x3 is getting fucking crowded. id hate to do it but ill toss that SOB out if its not going to do anything.

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

#746872 - 09/08/14 04:49 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Nooo don't toss it :/  sometimes things happen at different rates

--------------------

Offlinerichismalls
Stranger

Re: Newbie grow log. [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #747661 - 09/11/14 10:16 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

So lets see....this is day 18 of flower. some nice buds have formed with the exception of the one plant..honestly, im just going to dispose of it. after 18 days in flower and its not well....flowering. the only thing i can think of is maybe some blade of light from the vent hit it?!? i have no idea. either way its taking up room and at this point my plants a already fighting for light. im on a strict schedule and have other plants entering my tent around the time these should be done. SO, if it stats to flower late for some reason its only going to overshadow the newer plants that come in. it basically fucks everything up for me.

SECOND...fucking gnats are still there. the plants look fine and iver been doing my best with my home made traps and diatomaceous earth. but today those little fuckers were annoying me..so i layed down some more D-E. set a new trap, and devised a new plan.

im going to home depot tomorrow to buy yellow sticky traps for the adults. and im also go to my local hydro store and buying some AzaMax. play time is over children. any suggestions for using azamax would be welcome.

these pictures really dont do them any justice because of the crazy light spectrum. buds look nice to me so far. seem to be a good amount of them.

Offlinerichismalls
Stranger

#748802 - 09/18/14 05:04 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

ok so this is pretty much day 25 of flower. gnats are "under control" as far as im concerned. one day after applying the micro-lite larvicide the gnats seemed to increase or all the adults were flying around getting caught on the sticky traps. then, they seemed to almost fall of the face of the earth and they really havent come back. i just gave it a second treatment WITH the nutrients once again. so hopefully it will work out.

as you can see in some of the pics i got light burn. really badly where the plant touched the light. after that i tied it back and pulled them out of the light. it looks like some could still be getting light burn or possibly some kind of nutrient deficiency, but im just too novice to know whats actually going on. also, some large leaves at the bottom have turned yellow and eventually died. but overall everything else seems to look good.

im pretty sure now that i have two plants of the same type and one of a different type.

sorry for the semi bad pictures.

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#748845 - 09/18/14 08:58 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

glad you were able to get rid of those gnats. The shit looks pretty good in those last 2 pics. I don't know about the light burn, but I would think you could put LED 4-6 inches from the plants without problems. seems like you are though

Offlinerichismalls
Stranger

#748850 - 09/18/14 09:17 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

the only thing I noticed that the yellow leaves have in common is that they were directly under the light. one branch up top is turning pretty light green/yellow. I can't tell if it's a deficiency or nute burn

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#748914 - 09/19/14 02:30 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Looks like nut burn to me

but wtf do I know.

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: Newbie grow log. [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #748919 - 09/19/14 02:58 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I have that problem a lot, not knowing if I'm under or over feeding. I never seem to have easy to identify problems.

Offlinerichismalls
Stranger

#748940 - 09/19/14 07:03 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I'take any advice into consideration! Im already feeding half nutes right now. maybe i can drop down slightly lower. I do give all my nutes at once, only because im having drainage & gnat issues so its really hard to squeeze a watering in all the time in between feedings.

Invisibleresincoatedlungs
Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

#748956 - 09/20/14 04:44 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

If you're still having gnat problems, mosquito dunks work wonders.
In combination with a layer of sand, (I can't remember how thick.) 99% of them disappear within a week. (at least in my experience)

--------------------
:psycho:

Man Eater

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: Newbie grow log. [Re: resincoatedlungs]
    #748967 - 09/20/14 07:31 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Those plants may look different now or in person, but they don't look bad at all. I've seen plenty of mid flower plant shots with yellowing tips like that. so you probably don't need to adjust feeding amount too much if at all

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#748969 - 09/20/14 08:01 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

:whathesaid:

but in one point in time it looks like they were fed to much . The reason you see alot of that is because people like to push there plants with food. Once you hurt the leafs like that or in any other matter they dont fix them selfs.

Offlinerichismalls
Stranger

#749017 - 09/20/14 05:43 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

yeah a handful of the leaves got nute burn pretty bad and it's only getting worse it looks like. should I try to flush?

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#749018 - 09/20/14 06:20 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

ah that sucks. I'm still learning myself, but I'm wondering if just a normal watering would be enough to counter over feeding at that point, or if you would need to flush to get rid of excess salt buildup.. not sure. I think there might be a saying "when in doubt, flush". or I just made that up and it's horrible advice.

Offlinerichismalls
Stranger

#749087 - 09/21/14 09:55 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

ill post some pics of the damage later today when the light turns on. My soil cant dry up and quicker cause i sure would like to give them some straight water. my next problem is that I dont have a shop vac or anything to suck up the run off if i wanted to actually do a flush..im going to have to get the problem figured out sooner or later. the plants are too big to just take out and move at will.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#749095 - 09/21/14 11:09 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Wow should have planned ahead a little

Offlinerichismalls
Stranger

#749167 - 09/22/14 08:20 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

hence the posting title.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#749175 - 09/22/14 10:03 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

:laugh2:

Offlinerichismalls
Stranger

#750684 - 10/01/14 10:02 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

so i believe this is day 38 of flower. I gave my plants nute burn pretty bad and it doesnt help that my drainage is horrible. The past two times ive let me plants soil dry out ive only given them ph'd water for fear of more nute burn. sooooo lets say they finish in 60 days for argument sake...is there even a point of trying to feed them again? I gave them their second watering without nutes two days go and the burn finally kinda slowed down so to speak. if i feed them again, in theory i make have to flush them in a week..once again my drainage is HORRIBLE...i have no fucking idea basically..im a noob and i cant tell when they are going to finish. i bought a 40x magnifying glass and from what i can see the trichomes still look somewhat clear but i cant get a good eye on them.

there are still a ton of good leaves and the nugs are fine..looking good, getting fatter and resin production is really increasing...

Offlinerichismalls
Stranger

#752819 - 10/13/14 05:03 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

They will be at 60 days flower on the 24th of this month. you can see nute burn/deficiencies in the one pic. Some of the buds look really nice, the one that shot past my light isnt as dense as the others. At this point i dont care i just cant wait to cut these bitches down

Offlinerichismalls
Stranger

#753376 - 10/15/14 10:26 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

kinda cool, one of my plants has a lil "hash tip" on it. looks albino white

Offlinedelta9hippie
Stranger
    #753566 - 10/17/14 04:15 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Nice!

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: Newbie grow log. [Re: delta9hippie]
    #755119 - 10/29/14 04:32 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Nice dude!

Offlinerichismalls
Stranger

#763614 - 12/28/14 06:04 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Here are two pics of the two different buds...they are horrible I know but im a stoner and smoked a lot of the nice nugs prior to taking pictures. i apologize. The final weight for three plants came out to approximately 4 ounces. I pulled the plants early because im a moron, but they still smoked quite well and gave me a nice high.

Couple of things out there for you beginners.

- Follow the color of the pistils as to when you should harvest. 8 week flowering is an approximation.
- If you use cal mag PLUS, and i stress the plus, you should take the extra nitrogen in the additive into consideration when feeding. I used a cal-mag supplement with 2-0-0. next time it will be a supplement with 0-0-0.
- Blow a bunch of air across the canopy of your plants regardless of how well your air intake is.
- I personally am going to pre-treat my soil next time with larvicide.
- I used a store bought soil pre charged with nutrients, i had no need for "grow" nutrients. The nutrients in the soil carried it well through the grow phase and the beginning of the flowering phase.
- Start by chopping your nutrient amounts in half.

Thanks for all the help everyone. It was honestly one of the most satisfying things ive done.

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

#763656 - 12/29/14 06:58 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Sweet. I'm glad you enjoyed the grow

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds