Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use * 2
    #731819 - 05/16/14 05:37 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I have been using Fox Farm nutrients but have switched back to this stuff.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: Magash]
    #731843 - 05/16/14 09:27 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Nice. You using any additives?

Offlinescrapske
Stranger

Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #731870 - 05/17/14 02:58 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

:thumbup:

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: scrapske]
    #731874 - 05/17/14 05:43 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I have been using Koolbloom. Now is that better/cheaper ? I forget how much koolbloom is at the store I know its not cheap.
Whats the damage on those products?

:wellidunno:Might try it out if its cheaper. Thanks for the info Mag:stayfunky:

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #731876 - 05/17/14 06:33 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Is there a micro?  Like a 3 part nute line?

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:1:growingweed:3:growingweed:B:farmerdance:U:growingweed:D:growingweed:S:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: 13buds] * 1
    #731889 - 05/17/14 08:59 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Now is that better/cheaper ? I forget how much koolbloom is at the store I know its not cheap.
Whats the damage on those products?

Koolbloom is good stuff. I'm using that also. I have been using the fox farm additives which I do think are better then the koolbloom but cost a ton more.

Quote:

Is there a micro?  Like a 3 part nute line?

No need the micros are already in there. They are a stand alone but I use them at a 50/50 rate when flowering starts for the first few weeks.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #731895 - 05/17/14 10:32 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Damn good stuff indeed.:highfive:
Tho recently I switched back to the FloraNova line.

--------------------
:getstoned:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: Stoneth] * 1
    #731907 - 05/17/14 12:08 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Stoneth said:
Damn good stuff indeed.:highfive:
Tho recently I switched back to the FloraNova line.

Hey I love the Nova used it for years. Just got tired of mud color water and having to rinse the shit out of everything to get it off. Then again Nova is very stable with it's PH and doesn't swing to much as the plants use the nutrients. I notice that with the Maxi series also but the Fox Farm was all over the place but I'll always love Fox Farm.

--------------------

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

#732001 - 05/18/14 10:54 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

are these for use with soil and hydro

I have all the fox farm line and only had to change 1 bottle to switch from soil to hydro dwc, or do they have a hydro version? 

thanx for the tips..  :super:

--------------------
:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:1:growingweed:3:growingweed:B:farmerdance:U:growingweed:D:growingweed:S:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: 13buds] * 1
    #732017 - 05/18/14 12:32 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

No they don't have different versions. The one version works just as well in soil as it does hydro. I myself use it in hydro but have used it in soil many times.

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#732904 - 05/25/14 06:57 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Well went to the hydro store and saw these!

They are like 16 dallars a bag !:baaaam:

Plus the guy that works there said nothing but good things about it. At least Im not paying for water.:wellidunno:

Im going to do half a run with FF and the other half with this stuff and see what one I like the best.

Keep it green!

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #739688 - 07/12/14 04:10 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Well I'm still using the Maxi series of nutrients and have nothing but good things to say about them. They seem to be as good as any nutrient I've used thus far so I'll be sticking with for sometime to come.

--------------------

Offlinewebster10

#739689 - 07/12/14 04:18 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I looked up a guaranteed analysis for this stuff and it said something like 1-2tsp/gallon or 4-5 grams/gallon. Idk if this is a powder or small granular fert but do you just fill up a dining teaspoon up to the brim and that's a teaspoon? Just wondering how you dose this stuff and if the 1-2tsp/gallon is a good dose or should I lower it?

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: webster10]
    #739692 - 07/12/14 04:23 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Dont use a dining teaspoon. 1-2 tsp is 5-10 ml. If its powder then get some real measuring spoons or weigh it out on a gram scale.

--------------------
:firecum:

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

#739694 - 07/12/14 04:25 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Well I'm still using the Maxi series of nutrients and have nothing but good things to say about them. They seem to be as good as any nutrient I've used thus far so I'll be sticking with for sometime to come.

Once my FF line is depleted I'll be switching to this stuff unless I run out of soil first. Im in the process of going full coco but want to use up my last to bags of Ocean Forest.

--------------------

Offlinewebster10

Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #739696 - 07/12/14 04:31 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I don't have a scale and I do have a syringe which I use now for dosing my liquid FF nutes. How would I use my syringe for powder? And a dining teaspoon holds the exact amount of substance as a measuring teaspoon.

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

#739698 - 07/12/14 04:35 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I would think a dining teaspoon would be very hard to get accurate with powder because it would pile up a little bit. Plus I wasn't aware they are exactly teaspoons...I dont think mine are. Probably wouldn't matter if you were a little over I guess, but I'm OCD about that stuff.

--------------------

Offlinewebster10

#739700 - 07/12/14 04:41 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah I see what you're saying, thanks for the advice. Is this stuff actually cheaper than FF nutes?

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

#739701 - 07/12/14 04:47 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Lot cheaper

--------------------

InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

#739712 - 07/12/14 06:11 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:

Funny you should post on this, I was looking at this thread again yesterday thinking about asking you about the pH of the maxi line.  I did notice with Fox farm, for my first grow, that pH seemed to be swinging about quite a bit (as far as I could tell, the GB and TB would lower pH drastically, and BB would raise it a little bit), and I feel like I can attribute some of the problems I was having to that.

Would you recommend giving this line a shot as an alternative to FF, or do you have any suggestions for offsetting that pH swing in a passive setting?

Edited by Inocuole (07/12/14 07:00 PM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #739743 - 07/12/14 10:47 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

webster10 said:
I don't have a scale and I do have a syringe which I use now for dosing my liquid FF nutes. How would I use my syringe for powder? And a dining teaspoon holds the exact amount of substance as a measuring teaspoon.

Most grocery stores have measuring spoons for a dollar or two and every dollar store has them also.

Quote:

Inocuole said:
Quote:

Magash said:

Funny you should post on this, I was looking at this thread again yesterday thinking about asking you about the pH of the maxi line.  I did notice with Fox farm, for my first grow, that pH seemed to be swinging about quite a bit (as far as I could tell, the GB and TB would lower pH drastically, and BB would raise it a little bit), and I feel like I can attribute some of the problems I was having to that.

Would you recommend giving this line a shot as an alternative to FF, or do you have any suggestions for offsetting that pH swing in a passive setting?

One of the things I really love about this stuff is the ease of doing the ph crap. I had the same thing with the FF everybody does. When first used FF has a low ph and has to be raised and as the plants use water faster then the nutrients and they build up the ph lowers. Every few days I bet you were checking and the ph was raising it. The Maxi series is buffered so when I ad it to my water (which comes out of the tap at a ph of 8 or so) the ph is perfect for me (6.0 to 6.5 is where I like it for hydro) and as the plants use the water faster then the nutrients since they are buffered they hardly swing at all. They will move a little but by the time they do I have to change the nutrient anyway.
In other words since using the line I haven't had to fuck with the ph hardly at all. With FF I was fucking with it all the time.
Don't get me wrong I love the FF line and always will but for my hydro needs I won't be going back to it for now at least. Not unless some kind of big problem happens to show up for some reason. I also love the FF bud boosters but I'm getting killer results with the KoolBloom but I only use the powdered version of it. I have my own personal feeding regime I use for the Maxi series and the KoolBloom.

Price wise I'm spending 50% of what I use to.

--------------------

InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

#739754 - 07/12/14 11:47 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Loc: Babylon
Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: Inocuole]
    #739756 - 07/13/14 12:00 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Do you suggest this stuff over the botanicare pure blend pro for soil guys?
I use about 2ml/gallon of Protekt which raises my ph to about 9.0, then if I am feeding, by the time I add all the fox farm trio and a little bud candy my ph is around 6.5. I actually raise it up to about 6.8.  I use the protect with every watering.
The less to buy is better for me. If I can get everything in one nutrient then cool, less to have cluttering up the area.lol.
The pure blend pro was praised for a while, but I have been pretty cautious to change up what works right now.lol. FF is faithful.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: TribalSeed] * 1
    #739761 - 07/13/14 01:19 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

TribalSeed said:
I use about 2ml/gallon of Protekt which raises my ph to about 9.0, then if I am feeding, by the time I add all the fox farm trio and a little bud candy my ph is around 6.5. I actually raise it up to about 6.8.  I use the protect with every watering.
The less to buy is better for me. If I can get everything in one nutrient then cool, less to have cluttering up the area.lol.
The pure blend pro was praised for a while, but I have been pretty cautious to change up what works right now.lol. FF is faithful.

Depends on why you're using the PBP. Say you want to go organic then stick with the PBP or if you happen to be a total beginner stick with the PBP as it won't burn your plants if you use to much of it.

By the way with the FF trio if you get rid of the Bud Candy you won't notice any adverse effects. In other words with the trio the candy is not needed.

The only things I'm using right now is the Maxi series and the KoolBloom and I just unloaded a batch to a club that says they only take organic grown :wink:.

--------------------

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

#739824 - 07/13/14 12:48 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

TribalSeed said:

Depends on why you're using the PBP. Say you want to go organic then stick with the PBP or if you happen to be a total beginner stick with the PBP as it won't burn your plants if you use to much of it.

By the way with the FF trio if you get rid of the Bud Candy you won't notice any adverse effects. In other words with the trio the candy is not needed.

The only things I'm using right now is the Maxi series and the KoolBloom and I just unloaded a batch to a club that says they only take organic grown :wink:.

Just shows people can't tell the difference. I'm not an experienced enough smoker to say whether I can tell if a plant has been flushed or not, but I can say, chem or organic, doesn't really make any difference in taste afterwards.

Kept the bud candy around because I started using it from the beginning and everything came out great, why fix it if it aint broke? But hell knowing it doesn't matter, I'll just use up what I got left and be done with it.

Do you ever foliar feed? I have had a bottle of Flowers Kiss sitting around ever since I got my first batch of nutes and I have never used it. Never really needed to foliar feed. The leaves do look dry on the bubba kush clones, but they aren't discolored or brittle.
Just curious.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: TribalSeed]
    #739828 - 07/13/14 12:59 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

The only time I foliar feed is if it's cuttings that are taking a long time to root. They have no root systems so foliar is the best way. (haven't had to do that in years)

A little test I did some years back

--------------------

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

#739831 - 07/13/14 01:23 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
The only time I foliar feed is if it's cuttings that are taking a long time to root. They have no root systems so foliar is the best way. (haven't had to do that in years)

A little test I did some years back

I have read that. that's what I based my purchases of nutrients from. At first I was like any n00b and wanted to be organic, but I read that and I was pretty confident in the fact that it really didn't matter. Besides the few people who do smoke my bud could care less. lol.

Ever since I read a post from you I think, or it was someones DIY of an aeroponic cloner I went and got me one and have just used plain Phd water in the bucket and hung a fluro above it I have had 100% success with clones. It takes all the bitch out of making clones. The only clones that didn't make it were because of my big ass hands breaking the stems while I was trying to get the collar out.lol.

I'll get off your dick now. :pedrophile:

You give good info, what can I say?

--------------------

OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Southeast US
    #740648 - 07/18/14 06:56 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

General Hydroponics makes wonderful products and thats what I use with my DWC setup.  It's never let me down!

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: ShroomingChaos]
    #743067 - 08/06/14 11:07 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

if you use the entire nute line with the supplements (powders etc) along with the 3 part liquids the ph doesnt swing anywhere near what it does with the 3 part nutes alone..  Im happy with the entire FF line but I wasnt having good results using only the 3 part liquids ferts only in my dwc setup.

once my FF food is gone Im giving that stuff a try.  hope my sage and sour likes it. :ganja:

--------------------

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: 13buds]
    #744571 - 08/20/14 06:28 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Hey uhm I want to get some Maxibloom and was shopping around and noticed that a lot of hydroponic stores have Maxibloom labeled as being 5-7-18... Anyone have the (5-7-18) one? I don't know if I like those numbers as much. If you google "maxibloom 5-7-18" there are pages of results of stores saying that's the NPK.

supposedly you ca use just maxibloom for your entire grow. KISS method or something. IDK

Offlinewebster10

#744575 - 08/20/14 06:51 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I thought floranova bloom was the nute that was like lucas formula in a bottle and you could use it and only it throughout the grow.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #744595 - 08/20/14 08:20 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

You can use both lines for the lucas formula.

Happy reading

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=191645

This is the routine I'm using right now.

(The strength of the mixes varies with strain but the routine is the same)
1. Myself with a 8 week strain I use the maxigro for veg.
2. Then the first two weeks of flowering I use the maxibloom and maxigro at a 50/50 level.
3. The next 3 weeks I use the maxibloom and the koolbloom liquid. This step is extended for strains longer then 8 weeks of flower. Extend it till you have 3 weeks of flower left so you have two weeks with the powder and a week of flush.
4. Weeks 6 and 7 of flowering I use the maxibloom and the powder koolbloom. The last week florakleen for the final flush.

This is all I use
After testing over the last 30 years every additive I can think of I'll use one in my mix when I can find one that has the plants looking better then the ones without it. The only one so far is silica.:shrug:

--------------------

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#744600 - 08/20/14 08:33 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

yea but is it no longer 5-15-14 and now 5-7-18? because that's a lot different

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #744606 - 08/20/14 08:57 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I just bought 5-15-14 and have never seen it any other way. In the early 90s and early 2000s it was still 5-15-14. When you google maxibloom 5-7-18 there are a bunch of links but everyone takes you to maxibloom 5-15-14. I don't think maxibloom 5-7-18 exits. The General Hydroponics site only advertises the 5-15-14.

Maxibloom 5-7-18 Every link goes to 5-15-14

Because of dipshit sites like this that people think it comes in a different version. Read the label they have up

http://bestbudsgreenhousesupplies.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=BBGS&Product_Code=HY234&Category_Code=FGH

5-15-14 is the only way it comes.

--------------------

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#744620 - 08/20/14 09:55 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Yea that's weird... It's my understanding that a lot of fertilizers don't supply adequate K in late flower for an optimal finish, so possibly they are taking this into account and changing the formula? It's possible it could be a mass typo and all these hydroponics stores get from the same supplier who gave them the wrong product description. /shrug I'll find out tomorrow

Gro is listed as 10-5-15 from 10-5-14

Edit: wait is this an old issue?

Edited by Midgetpawn (08/20/14 10:00 PM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #744635 - 08/21/14 02:54 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Neither of them have changed. Gro is still 10-5-14 and bloom is still 5-15-14. From the way that they sell I don't think they would be stupid enough to change it up.

--------------------

Offlinewebster10

#744650 - 08/21/14 12:00 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
You can use both lines for the lucas formula.

Happy reading

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=191645

This is the routine I'm using right now.

(The strength of the mixes varies with strain but the routine is the same)
1. Myself with a 8 week strain I use the maxigro for veg.
2. Then the first two weeks of flowering I use the maxibloom and maxigro at a 50/50 level.
3. The next 3 weeks I use the maxibloom and the koolbloom liquid. This step is extended for strains longer then 8 weeks of flower. Extend it till you have 3 weeks of flower left so you have two weeks with the powder and a week of flush.
4. Weeks 6 and 7 of flowering I use the maxibloom and the powder koolbloom. The last week florakleen for the final flush.

This is all I use
After testing over the last 30 years every additive I can think of I'll use one in my mix when I can find one that has the plants looking better then the ones without it. The only one so far is silica.:shrug:

Thanks for the information Magash. Using maxigro and maxibloom, you don't need to add any cal-mag? Also which silica product to you use? From the reading in the silica comparison thread, the GH silica product sounds like a good choice. Thanks

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #744731 - 08/21/14 05:42 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

You know I've been using Silica Blast but most likely will switch to the GH stuff. The powdered stuff sounds good also but I don't use silica that often only if there is a chance of heat stress otherwise I don't have a need for it. (When lazy if the silica is near by and the ph up isn't and I need to raise the ph I'll grab the silica blast. 1 tsp per gallon raises the ph by a point.)

I'm not into additives cause there just there to suck money out of pockets. I've tested a ton of them. I had to I had 8 gardens and nutrients cost a ton of money. Now my kids run most the gardens but they don't use them either. I use to like liquid karma but they changed the humic acid from 20% to 1% so I said see ya to that.

There are 4 more shelves of stuff. Now I just buy the 50lb buckets of maxigro and bloom. 5 gallon jugs of koolbloom liquid. 16lb tubs of powder koolbloom. Keep some sensizyne around in-case I don't clean the roots out of a batch of hydroton I'll let the sensi eat em up. Then there is some silica blast in-case the heat get high in the area for a few days or if I happen to have to do battle with some kind of bug cause it make the plants harder for bugs to eat. (bet most you clowns didn't know that :tongue: Silica is a huge help in slowing down the progress of mites and thrips or whatever bug eats the plants.)

--------------------

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

#744748 - 08/21/14 07:39 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I would hate to see the total price of your receipt when you are done buying your nutrients.
With how much you grow, how long does, say, the quart bottles of the fox farm last you when you chose to use that for your grow?
I bet not long with the numbers you got going, judging by the volume in that sweet 16 picture post.

--------------------

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#744754 - 08/21/14 09:29 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Well someone from GH responded to my asking if the multiple store listed 5-7-18 is a new formula , with "It's always been 5-15-14". Which seems a tad snidey to me. Hope I didn't further spread that misinformation around too much. Wonder if someone was trying to steer people tward buying something more expensive. I would think it's a typo, except there is no product with that NPK and maxigro also has a different NPK listed, which likely means someone had to consciously add those numbers.

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

#744780 - 08/22/14 10:41 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
You know I've been using Silica Blast but most likely will switch to the GH stuff. The powdered stuff sounds good also but I don't use silica that often only if there is a chance of heat stress otherwise I don't have a need for it. (When lazy if the silica is near by and the ph up isn't and I need to raise the ph I'll grab the silica blast. 1 tsp per gallon raises the ph by a point.)

silica helps with heat?.. how do you know when heat is effecting your plnts cus its hot where I have my room and I still get decent buds.  :shrug:

i mean the symptoms of heat stress are?  a link would be cool cus im getting mixed info when I search..  :smirk:

I run 1 big 15gal dwc set up and my room temps fluctuate from 70 up to 95*F :eek:

I know if my water gets too warm it will cook the roots but it hasnt happened yet.  :strokebeard:

this thread has already helped me tweak a few things that helped a ton :rockon:

:bonghit2:

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #744784 - 08/22/14 11:34 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

i mean the symptoms of heat stress are?

Leaves look like this

Quote:

my room temps fluctuate from 70 up to 95*F

No big deal. People say that 95f is to high and the plants won't grow. We call those people retards. :tard:  Now if the plants couldn't grow in those temps Mendocino County wouldn't have buds same with Humboldt.

Quote:

I know if my water gets too warm it will cook the roots but it hasnt happened yet.

Unless you keep your DWC in a black bucket on the backyard deck then this isn't going to be a problem.

Quote:

say, the quart bottles of the fox farm last you when you chose to use that for your grow?

They lasted for 2 reservoir fills.

--------------------

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

#744785 - 08/22/14 12:08 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

:greenthumb::leafsmoke:

:thanx:

--------------------

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

#744787 - 08/22/14 12:56 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Damn. That's 50 bucks every other fill. Shit.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #744789 - 08/22/14 02:27 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TribalSeed said:

The Quart bottles sell for 18 bucks here.

--------------------

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: Magash] * 1
    #744833 - 08/22/14 09:38 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

TribalSeed said:

The Quart bottles sell for 18 bucks here.

I have only bought the trio so far. Its pretty much 55 bucks around here. Buy it online, the shipping raises it from 50 to 55, and if you buy it locally it runs usually 54 with tax bringing it to 55 something.

I actually just found out I got a job at a local grow shop. I was searching around for something more local than 2 hours away for my supplies. Couldn't find OF anywhere around here.

Low and behold about 20 minutes from my house sits a quiet little grow shop. Not even advertised in the yellow pages. WTF? I went in and got to talking with the guy who owned the place, asking him how long it had been there and shit, then got into some of the products. After I payed for my shit he asked me if I was looking for work and I told him its funny he asked cause I have been out of a job for awhile.

Basically he gave me the position on the spot. No UAs, doesn't give a shit how long my hair is. Its a dream job. Talk about gardening and products and shit all day and actually be able to direct people towards products that work and aren't just hype.

Sorry if it sounds like bragging, just extremely excited. I am behind on bills and everything, shit was starting to struggle around here and out of nowhere Jah blesses me with such an opportunity.

I'm definitely thankful. I'll probably be hitting you up for advice on products we carry and shit if ya don't mind Mag?

I start Monday, so wish me luck.

--------------------

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#744846 - 08/22/14 10:05 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Grats on the job! I live in the most densely populated area in the US(tri state) and there's not a grow shop for 50+ miles of me.

Be sure to secure yourself more than you might otherwise. I have a feeling grow shop employees get hassled at some point. maybe not

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

#744858 - 08/22/14 11:48 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Midgetpawn said:
Grats on the job! I live in the most densely populated area in the US(tri state) and there's not a grow shop for 50+ miles of me.

Be sure to secure yourself more than you might otherwise. I have a feeling grow shop employees get hassled at some point. maybe not

Yeah I had that feeling too. So I'm not gonna be carrying anything when I go to work. Not worth risking. I have even considered toning my grow down even more, but I think that's a bit of paranoia.

Just gotta maintain man. Thanks for the congrats.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #744874 - 08/23/14 02:47 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I'm definitely thankful. I'll probably be hitting you up for advice on products we carry and shit if ya don't mind Mag?

Hit me up as often as you want, if I can't answer questions then I shouldn't be a mod.

Quote:

I have a feeling grow shop employees get hassled at some point. maybe not

Nah, you won't catch any shit. Way to many grow shops for them to try another operation green merchant. (that's what the cops called it in the early 90s when they did grow shop stings. This may not be true in states that are non-medical).

--------------------

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#744899 - 08/23/14 08:35 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I'm just thinking about rogue douchebag cops looking for easy collars and to entrap people. I wouldn't turn down the job, but I wouldn't even suggest I grow to anyone and I personally would probably make up a story that potentially diverts attention from me.

Just now I received something in the mail from a hydro shop, and I always worry liquids sent via usps might arouse suspicion in my mailman so I googled the return address, which came up with a story about the shop having been raided by dea/state police and their being hidden cameras recording everything that went on in the shop and how supposedly they were going after customers. It was 2nd hand information, but still. Just be careful is all I'm saying.

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#744938 - 08/23/14 04:35 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Oh hey I meant to ask if you've ever used Jack's professional fertilizers, magash? I don't mean the small oldschool tub, but specifically the large "professional" 25lb bags, which are a tiny bit different. Or even the hydro stuff, which seems to require that the grower know what they are doing. it's something like 2$ a pound for that stuff

Edit:apparently buying JR PETERS fertilizers puts you on some govt list of potential terrorists because of the nitrates or someting

Edited by Midgetpawn (09/07/14 10:11 AM)

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

#745020 - 08/23/14 10:21 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah I live in a non-medical state. I used to go to st.louis for my supplies, but it was 3 hours away and the last time I went, not 2 days after they had a bust on the news talking about how they followed him home from the grow store and busted his grow and shit.
I started going to Nashville after that.

Now I aint gotta leave my state. Fuck yeah.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #745048 - 08/24/14 07:11 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Oh hey I meant to ask if you've ever used Jack's professional fertilizers, magash?

You know I haven't given them a try yet but have heard a lot of good news about them and nothing bad. The numbers on some of their stuff are kind of funky but I think that 20-20-20 stuff would be perfect for plants that are just going into flower since I like to use a 50/50 mix the first two weeks of flowering.

Price on the stuff is pretty fucking good That's for sure. Beats the $189 I'm paying for 50lbs of Maxi but right now I'm liking the Maxi series stuff to much to switch at the moment. The stuff is just making my life easy as hell right now. Since I started using it I have only had to adjust the ph one time. Even then I was pretty much just coming up with a excuse to use up the bottom of a Silica Blast bottle so I can buy more. (I like to use silica blast as a ph up)

--------------------

Offlineshagdawg420
spore hunter

#745581 - 08/29/14 09:39 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

yes you only need maxibloom in all parts of growth do you use 7 grams per galon of water
heres the whole maxibloom thread from icmag
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=191645
the KISS method :thumbup:

--------------------
HUSTLER
How U Survive This Life Everyday Resourcefully

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: shagdawg420]
    #745587 - 08/29/14 10:34 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

shagdawg420 said:
yes you only need maxibloom in all parts of growth do you use 7 grams per galon of water
heres the whole maxibloom thread from icmag
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=191645
the KISS method :thumbup:

Yeah I posted that link earlier in this thread it's a good read. :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlineshagdawg420
spore hunter

#745589 - 08/29/14 11:18 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

oh shit sorry ya it is

--------------------
HUSTLER

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

#745625 - 08/29/14 04:10 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I'd be using this stuff if I was still growing in soil. Wish they'd make a coco specific nute this easy and cheap.

--------------------

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#745629 - 08/29/14 05:03 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Wouldn't you need to supplement nitrogen when using maxibloom alone during growth phase? I don't entirely understand how you could use "just" maxibloom

anyway I like this stuff the more I look into it. In hindsight, this would have been a great thing to start growing with.

Offlineshagdawg420
spore hunter

#745691 - 08/30/14 10:30 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

bEelzeBosS said:
I'd be using this stuff if I was still growing in soil. Wish they'd make a coco specific nute this easy and cheap.

Quote:

Midgetpawn said:
Wouldn't you need to supplement nitrogen when using maxibloom alone during growth phase? I don't entirely understand how you could use "just" maxibloom

anyway I like this stuff the more I look into it. In hindsight, this would have been a great thing to start growing with.

just read that icmag thread and you will understand

--------------------
HUSTLER

Offlinewebster10

#745699 - 08/30/14 12:30 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Midgetpawn said:

Well it  has an N value of 5. Only 1% below FF grow big. Pretty sure it's more N than PBP gro as well.

OfflineSmokeSomeHash
Littlest pee pee on da block
 User Gallery

Loc: murica Flag
    #745724 - 08/30/14 06:02 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Midgetpawn said:

In texas they do. Some towns still associate the word hydroponics with marijuana. In fact ive seen an interview with local cops referring to weed in soil grown indoors as hydroponics. Dont even get me started cuz people around here still face felonies stemming from grow store stings targetting everyone coming out of them.

definately going to try this maxibloom formula.

--------------------

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#745819 - 08/31/14 03:17 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

just read that icmag thread and you will understand

It's 180+ pages though =( It's almost like a lot of forums are still designed to be quickly loaded by 28.8 modems. Anyway, I'm just trying to grasp why people would use such high P in growth besides to save money.

Maybe it doesn't apply so much to chemical nutrients, but it seems to be well established that high P is bad if you want to benefit from the living shit on the roots... "When phosphorus is applied but not needed, it can kill off the symbiotic mycorrhizal-forming fungi required by the plant and reduce the ability to absorb iron and other micronutrients. Excess soil phosphorus also shuts down the plant’s ability to produce phytochelates, organic molecules produced by roots to increase its iron uptake."
I think what happens is the mycorrhizae do their hardest work making P available to the roots, but if there is already a lot of P they decide to just chill out, and you lose all of their other benefits.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #745820 - 08/31/14 03:37 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

The formula seems to be working so something about it must work. Myself I've never been sold on it I use the veg stuff for veg and the bloom stuff for blooming. :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#745823 - 08/31/14 05:34 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Yea I mean you don't NEED beneficial fungus to grow, it's just supposed to be better for some things like drought resistance, nutrient uptake, and whatever else. Though I'd guess there's more reason to avoid high P in growth than just inhibiting fungus function. On the other hand I'm wondering if cannabis has more of a need for P in growth than is obvious.

It almost seems like if you can use maxibloom through a whole grow, then you could use almost any 1 part nutrient as long as it has the macro and micro nutrients you need. IDK but I'd almost prefer a 3 part nutrient line that completely separates N P and K.

Oh btw J R Peters has other shit besides jacks professional 20-20-20 and 10-30-20. They actually have a fairly diverse hydro line and a ton of different products with NPK values for different soil types and other factors I don't even understand. I think you can even order customized fertilizers based on water and soil samples you send for them to test. They seem to be very into constant research and making professional grade shit for cheap(in large amounts). You can see from pictures that they actually have a research facility, where as I only ever see hydro nutrient companies claim to.

Edit: apparently JR PETERS fertilizers are on a fairly short list of fertilizers that send up red flags. so be aware and keep an eye out for suspicious activity...

Edited by Midgetpawn (09/07/14 10:17 AM)

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

#746074 - 09/02/14 08:46 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

so your feed sched is basically this:

Veg- maxigro
week 1-2 / 50% strength
weeks 3-8 full strength

Flower- maxibloom
week 1-2 / 50:50 gro/bloom mix
weeks 3-5 (extend if flowering longer than 8 weeks) / maxibloom & Koolbloom (liquid)
weeks 6,7 / maxibloom & Koolbloom (powder)
week 8 / FLUSH / florakleen

note - Ph up with Silica blast 1 tsp per gallon per point

:super: I got that much now heres my issue :smirk:

I have the maxigro/bloom but not koolbloom (liquid or powder)

can I just substitute the FF additive powders (open sesame, beasiebloomz, cha ching) I already have according to their labels? :shrug:

I just want to use them up and not let them go to waist. :moneyeyes:

:thanx: 

:ganja:

--------------------

Offlinewebster10

#746085 - 09/02/14 11:53 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I'm no where close as knowledgable as magash on the subject, but I'd say yes. I really wouldn't see why you wouldn't be able to. Maxibloom does has a higher p content than tiger bloom so maybe it wouldn't work because of that? I really doubt that though and think that the additives will work great with maxibloom.
I have seen Magash say that he thinks the FF flowering additives (open sesame and what not) are better than koolbloom. I think he just sticks with koolbloom due to the price.

OfflineSmokeSomeHash
Littlest pee pee on da block
 User Gallery

Loc: murica Flag
    #746087 - 09/02/14 12:32 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Maxi is a base nute and the ff additives are well...additives, so yes you should be able to use them together.

Theres nothing wrong with mixing brands, just keep in mind that youll have to do some trial and error to find the best dosages.

Finish up your ff if you got it...but as with any other scenario i would reccomend starting with a very low dose and slowly increasing based on plant response

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #746117 - 09/02/14 05:32 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

can I just substitute the FF additive powders (open sesame, beasiebloomz, cha ching) I already have according to their labels?

Yes they will work just as good and if you prefer them there is no reason to change. :thumbup:

--------------------

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

#746161 - 09/03/14 07:57 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

can I just substitute the FF additive powders (open sesame, beasiebloomz, cha ching) I already have according to their labels?

Yes they will work just as good and if you prefer them there is no reason to change. :thumbup:

I have no preferences :shrug:  the KISS method is more my speed :hehehe:

Ive only used FF because I have only been copying others regimes.  I see others results and try to replicate but Im still learning why and when of the nutrients side of growing..  I can read my plant if its healthy or not but I know nothing about when a plant needs what it needs..

im only 2yrs in with knowing anything about MJ besides smoking it. :blazed:

Ive found my personal fav setup with DWC and scrog 1 plant at a time under 1000w but understanding feeding is my struggle..  so Ive just been following but not knowing why.  :shrug:

Im slowly getting it.. kinda. :super:

--------------------

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#751237 - 10/05/14 06:51 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Hey how much maxigro and bloom per gallon is best for feeding? or even what's the most you should use? the bags say 1-2 tsp per gallon, but the maxi feed schedule says to feed 1tsp/gal at the most and for soil the max is less than 1 tsp per gal. How much do other people feed their plants with maxi series? I assumed I was feeding half dose at 1tsp per gal but I may have been feeding a full dose

this shit is potent. 1tsp per gallon is barely anything

Offlinewebster10

#751245 - 10/05/14 07:34 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I'm planning on using 1tsp maxigro per gal with tap in coco for mothers. 1tsp maxibloom per gal w/ tap for flowering plants f&d, not sure what flood cycle I'll use yet but I think mag does the same. I think...

EDIT: I meant I think he uses 1tps/gallon when using the maxi series not the coco or f&d. Just clarifying.

Edited by webster10 (10/05/14 07:36 PM)

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

#751264 - 10/05/14 09:19 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Ive been using 1tsp per gal for veg and flower in my dwc, been good to me so far, its only been 1 cycle but  :stoner:

--------------------

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#751292 - 10/06/14 09:37 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

that's what I was doing too, 1tsp per gal, but after seeing that the feed schedule suggests 3/4tsp per gallon I'm wondering if half a tsp to .3/4 tsp might be better.
I wonder how many people are trying out maxigro or bloom atm =P they are surely some sexy little bags of nutrients. potent. I've yet to establish anything specific about the results other than it works and mag uses it. I suppose that's good enough.

Offlinewebster10

#751298 - 10/06/14 11:19 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I bought maxigro and bloom because of this thread. Works well and pH is way easier to adjust than FF nutes.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#751306 - 10/06/14 11:53 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

webster10 said:
I bought maxigro and bloom because of this thread. Works well and pH is way easier to adjust than FF nutes.

:blowmybrainsout: lol I did the same thing!! Works good according to Mag:wellidunno:

So Im going to give it a run next time with this PE I just got!

Offlinewebster10

#751307 - 10/06/14 11:57 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Not gonna use your moon dust? :lol:

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

#751320 - 10/06/14 12:45 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

budgrowerwannabe said:
Quote:

webster10 said:

:blowmybrainsout: lol I did the same thing!! Works good according to Mag:wellidunno:

So Im going to give it a run next time with this PE I just got!

just cut mine down yesterday  :greenthumb:

I'll let you know how it all turned out after the cure..  all I know is so far this is the stickiest plant Ive ever had.  :ganja:

:vato:

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#751326 - 10/06/14 01:02 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Sweet :stayfunky:

take a pic so we can see what the buds look like!:eek:

Did you use this maxi on it???

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#751328 - 10/06/14 01:06 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

webster10 said:

oo ooooo

Im going to give it a try .

Just on a strain that I grew out a few times so I can see if there is any diff.  Feel me

:baaaam:

Wannabe

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

#751398 - 10/06/14 08:48 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

budgrowerwannabe said:
Quote:

webster10 said:

oo ooooo

Im going to give it a try .

Just on a strain that I grew out a few times so I can see if there is any diff.  Feel me

:baaaam:

Wannabe

You better snap some pics of them buds. Winner winner chicken dinner.

--------------------

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

#751410 - 10/06/14 09:56 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

budgrowerwannabe said:

:yesnod:

and for my next go with Blueberry x haze :ganja:

--------------------

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

#752901 - 10/13/14 11:56 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

budgrowerwannabe said:

take a pic so we can see what the buds look like!:eek:

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/752900#752900

:greenthumb::awehigh:

--------------------

Offline40oz
Stranger
    #754095 - 10/20/14 05:29 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Magash, after reading this thread, i am under the assumption that you don't use an ec/ppm meter and only use a ph meter. do you just follow the dose directions on the bags & you don't have to worry about the ppm's?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: 40oz]
    #754096 - 10/20/14 05:35 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

40oz said:
Magash, after reading this thread, i am under the assumption that you don't use an ec/ppm meter and only use a ph meter. do you just follow the dose directions on the bags & you don't have to worry about the ppm's?

I use the Blue lab truncheon

For PH I just use the drops. I hate PH meters.

--------------------

Offline40oz
Stranger
    #754105 - 10/20/14 06:29 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

good gracious that thing is pricey. does it vaporize your weed for you too?

Do you have a link i can read about when & where i would use this device for this particular application?
I'm having trouble understanding it all & can't find a suitable thread anywhere.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #754107 - 10/20/14 06:34 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

It does PPM in both scales and EC and it never needs to be calibrated and it's shock resistant.

Just stick it in the nutrient solution like any other meter.

--------------------

Offline40oz
Stranger
    #754119 - 10/20/14 08:27 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

oh i meant if you happened to know of any good tutorials that teach you how to use one & when to use it?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #754122 - 10/20/14 08:34 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

40oz said:
oh i meant if you happened to know of any good tutorials that teach you how to use one & when to use it?

Not much to using it. Just stick it in the nutrient solution and read the number next to the flashing light.

As far as when to use it when ever you top off the nutrient or add new nutrient solution. That is gonna change depending on res size, number of plants, size of the plants and so on.

This has some good hydro info

http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/

--------------------

Offline40oz
Stranger
    #754127 - 10/20/14 10:30 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks Magash, I am going to use the maxi line you suggest wen i get my system together. I've been reading (& re-reading) just about every thread you've posted, your expertise as helped me tons! 

Edited by 40oz (10/20/14 10:44 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures