Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSmokeSomeHash
Littlest pee pee on da block
 User Gallery

Loc: murica Flag
Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #745724 - 08/30/14 06:02 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Midgetpawn said:
Be sure to secure yourself more than you might otherwise. I have a feeling grow shop employees get hassled at some point. maybe not

In texas they do. Some towns still associate the word hydroponics with marijuana. In fact ive seen an interview with local cops referring to weed in soil grown indoors as hydroponics. Dont even get me started cuz people around here still face felonies stemming from grow store stings targetting everyone coming out of them.

definately going to try this maxibloom formula.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: shagdawg420]
    #745819 - 08/31/14 03:17 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

just read that icmag thread and you will understand

It's 180+ pages though =( It's almost like a lot of forums are still designed to be quickly loaded by 28.8 modems. Anyway, I'm just trying to grasp why people would use such high P in growth besides to save money.

Maybe it doesn't apply so much to chemical nutrients, but it seems to be well established that high P is bad if you want to benefit from the living shit on the roots... "When phosphorus is applied but not needed, it can kill off the symbiotic mycorrhizal-forming fungi required by the plant and reduce the ability to absorb iron and other micronutrients. Excess soil phosphorus also shuts down the plant’s ability to produce phytochelates, organic molecules produced by roots to increase its iron uptake."
I think what happens is the mycorrhizae do their hardest work making P available to the roots, but if there is already a lot of P they decide to just chill out, and you lose all of their other benefits.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #745820 - 08/31/14 03:37 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

The formula seems to be working so something about it must work. Myself I've never been sold on it I use the veg stuff for veg and the bloom stuff for blooming. :shrug:

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: Magash]
    #745823 - 08/31/14 05:34 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Yea I mean you don't NEED beneficial fungus to grow, it's just supposed to be better for some things like drought resistance, nutrient uptake, and whatever else. Though I'd guess there's more reason to avoid high P in growth than just inhibiting fungus function. On the other hand I'm wondering if cannabis has more of a need for P in growth than is obvious.

It almost seems like if you can use maxibloom through a whole grow, then you could use almost any 1 part nutrient as long as it has the macro and micro nutrients you need. IDK but I'd almost prefer a 3 part nutrient line that completely separates N P and K.

Oh btw J R Peters has other shit besides jacks professional 20-20-20 and 10-30-20. They actually have a fairly diverse hydro line and a ton of different products with NPK values for different soil types and other factors I don't even understand. I think you can even order customized fertilizers based on water and soil samples you send for them to test. They seem to be very into constant research and making professional grade shit for cheap(in large amounts). You can see from pictures that they actually have a research facility, where as I only ever see hydro nutrient companies claim to.

Edit: apparently JR PETERS fertilizers are on a fairly short list of fertilizers that send up red flags. so be aware and keep an eye out for suspicious activity...

Edited by Midgetpawn (09/07/14 10:17 AM)

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
    #746074 - 09/02/14 08:46 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

so your feed sched is basically this:

Veg- maxigro
week 1-2 / 50% strength
weeks 3-8 full strength

Flower- maxibloom
week 1-2 / 50:50 gro/bloom mix
weeks 3-5 (extend if flowering longer than 8 weeks) / maxibloom & Koolbloom (liquid)
weeks 6,7 / maxibloom & Koolbloom (powder)
week 8 / FLUSH / florakleen

note - Ph up with Silica blast 1 tsp per gallon per point

:super: I got that much now heres my issue :smirk:

I have the maxigro/bloom but not koolbloom (liquid or powder)

can I just substitute the FF additive powders (open sesame, beasiebloomz, cha ching) I already have according to their labels? :shrug:

I just want to use them up and not let them go to waist. :moneyeyes:

:thanx: 

:ganja:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:1:growingweed:3:growingweed:B:farmerdance:U:growingweed:D:growingweed:S:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:

Offlinewebster10

Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: 13buds]
    #746085 - 09/02/14 11:53 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I'm no where close as knowledgable as magash on the subject, but I'd say yes. I really wouldn't see why you wouldn't be able to. Maxibloom does has a higher p content than tiger bloom so maybe it wouldn't work because of that? I really doubt that though and think that the additives will work great with maxibloom.
I have seen Magash say that he thinks the FF flowering additives (open sesame and what not) are better than koolbloom. I think he just sticks with koolbloom due to the price.

OfflineSmokeSomeHash
Littlest pee pee on da block
 User Gallery

Loc: murica Flag
Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: webster10]
    #746087 - 09/02/14 12:32 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Maxi is a base nute and the ff additives are well...additives, so yes you should be able to use them together.

Theres nothing wrong with mixing brands, just keep in mind that youll have to do some trial and error to find the best dosages.

Finish up your ff if you got it...but as with any other scenario i would reccomend starting with a very low dose and slowly increasing based on plant response

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #746117 - 09/02/14 05:32 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

can I just substitute the FF additive powders (open sesame, beasiebloomz, cha ching) I already have according to their labels?

Yes they will work just as good and if you prefer them there is no reason to change. :thumbup:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: Magash]
    #746161 - 09/03/14 07:57 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

can I just substitute the FF additive powders (open sesame, beasiebloomz, cha ching) I already have according to their labels?

Yes they will work just as good and if you prefer them there is no reason to change. :thumbup:

I have no preferences :shrug:  the KISS method is more my speed :hehehe:

Ive only used FF because I have only been copying others regimes.  I see others results and try to replicate but Im still learning why and when of the nutrients side of growing..  I can read my plant if its healthy or not but I know nothing about when a plant needs what it needs..

im only 2yrs in with knowing anything about MJ besides smoking it. :blazed:

Ive found my personal fav setup with DWC and scrog 1 plant at a time under 1000w but understanding feeding is my struggle..  so Ive just been following but not knowing why.  :shrug:

Im slowly getting it.. kinda. :super:

--------------------
:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:1:growingweed:3:growingweed:B:farmerdance:U:growingweed:D:growingweed:S:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#751237 - 10/05/14 06:51 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Hey how much maxigro and bloom per gallon is best for feeding? or even what's the most you should use? the bags say 1-2 tsp per gallon, but the maxi feed schedule says to feed 1tsp/gal at the most and for soil the max is less than 1 tsp per gal. How much do other people feed their plants with maxi series? I assumed I was feeding half dose at 1tsp per gal but I may have been feeding a full dose

this shit is potent. 1tsp per gallon is barely anything

Offlinewebster10

#751245 - 10/05/14 07:34 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I'm planning on using 1tsp maxigro per gal with tap in coco for mothers. 1tsp maxibloom per gal w/ tap for flowering plants f&d, not sure what flood cycle I'll use yet but I think mag does the same. I think...

EDIT: I meant I think he uses 1tps/gallon when using the maxi series not the coco or f&d. Just clarifying.

Edited by webster10 (10/05/14 07:36 PM)

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

#751264 - 10/05/14 09:19 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Ive been using 1tsp per gal for veg and flower in my dwc, been good to me so far, its only been 1 cycle but  :stoner:

--------------------

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#751292 - 10/06/14 09:37 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

that's what I was doing too, 1tsp per gal, but after seeing that the feed schedule suggests 3/4tsp per gallon I'm wondering if half a tsp to .3/4 tsp might be better.
I wonder how many people are trying out maxigro or bloom atm =P they are surely some sexy little bags of nutrients. potent. I've yet to establish anything specific about the results other than it works and mag uses it. I suppose that's good enough.

Offlinewebster10

#751298 - 10/06/14 11:19 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I bought maxigro and bloom because of this thread. Works well and pH is way easier to adjust than FF nutes.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#751306 - 10/06/14 11:53 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

webster10 said:
I bought maxigro and bloom because of this thread. Works well and pH is way easier to adjust than FF nutes.

:blowmybrainsout: lol I did the same thing!! Works good according to Mag:wellidunno:

So Im going to give it a run next time with this PE I just got!

Offlinewebster10

Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #751307 - 10/06/14 11:57 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Not gonna use your moon dust? :lol:

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

#751320 - 10/06/14 12:45 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

budgrowerwannabe said:
Quote:

webster10 said:

:blowmybrainsout: lol I did the same thing!! Works good according to Mag:wellidunno:

So Im going to give it a run next time with this PE I just got!

just cut mine down yesterday  :greenthumb:

I'll let you know how it all turned out after the cure..  all I know is so far this is the stickiest plant Ive ever had.  :ganja:

:vato:

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#751326 - 10/06/14 01:02 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Sweet :stayfunky:

take a pic so we can see what the buds look like!:eek:

Did you use this maxi on it???

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#751328 - 10/06/14 01:06 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

webster10 said:

oo ooooo

Im going to give it a try .

Just on a strain that I grew out a few times so I can see if there is any diff.  Feel me

:baaaam:

Wannabe

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Loc: Babylon
    #751398 - 10/06/14 08:48 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

budgrowerwannabe said:
Quote:

webster10 said:

oo ooooo

Im going to give it a try .

Just on a strain that I grew out a few times so I can see if there is any diff.  Feel me

:baaaam:

Wannabe

You better snap some pics of them buds. Winner winner chicken dinner.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck