Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: webster10]
    #739743 - 07/12/14 10:47 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

webster10 said:
I don't have a scale and I do have a syringe which I use now for dosing my liquid FF nutes. How would I use my syringe for powder? And a dining teaspoon holds the exact amount of substance as a measuring teaspoon.

Most grocery stores have measuring spoons for a dollar or two and every dollar store has them also.

Quote:

Inocuole said:
Quote:

Magash said:
Well I'm still using the Maxi series of nutrients and have nothing but good things to say about them. They seem to be as good as any nutrient I've used thus far so I'll be sticking with for sometime to come.

:happyweed:

Funny you should post on this, I was looking at this thread again yesterday thinking about asking you about the pH of the maxi line.  I did notice with Fox farm, for my first grow, that pH seemed to be swinging about quite a bit (as far as I could tell, the GB and TB would lower pH drastically, and BB would raise it a little bit), and I feel like I can attribute some of the problems I was having to that.

Would you recommend giving this line a shot as an alternative to FF, or do you have any suggestions for offsetting that pH swing in a passive setting?

One of the things I really love about this stuff is the ease of doing the ph crap. I had the same thing with the FF everybody does. When first used FF has a low ph and has to be raised and as the plants use water faster then the nutrients and they build up the ph lowers. Every few days I bet you were checking and the ph was raising it. The Maxi series is buffered so when I ad it to my water (which comes out of the tap at a ph of 8 or so) the ph is perfect for me (6.0 to 6.5 is where I like it for hydro) and as the plants use the water faster then the nutrients since they are buffered they hardly swing at all. They will move a little but by the time they do I have to change the nutrient anyway.
In other words since using the line I haven't had to fuck with the ph hardly at all. With FF I was fucking with it all the time.
Don't get me wrong I love the FF line and always will but for my hydro needs I won't be going back to it for now at least. Not unless some kind of big problem happens to show up for some reason. I also love the FF bud boosters but I'm getting killer results with the KoolBloom but I only use the powdered version of it. I have my own personal feeding regime I use for the Maxi series and the KoolBloom.

Price wise I'm spending 50% of what I use to.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: Magash]
    #739754 - 07/12/14 11:47 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

:thumbup:

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Loc: Babylon
Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: Inocuole]
    #739756 - 07/13/14 12:00 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Do you suggest this stuff over the botanicare pure blend pro for soil guys?
I use about 2ml/gallon of Protekt which raises my ph to about 9.0, then if I am feeding, by the time I add all the fox farm trio and a little bud candy my ph is around 6.5. I actually raise it up to about 6.8.  I use the protect with every watering.
The less to buy is better for me. If I can get everything in one nutrient then cool, less to have cluttering up the area.lol.
The pure blend pro was praised for a while, but I have been pretty cautious to change up what works right now.lol. FF is faithful.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: TribalSeed] * 1
    #739761 - 07/13/14 01:19 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

TribalSeed said:
I use about 2ml/gallon of Protekt which raises my ph to about 9.0, then if I am feeding, by the time I add all the fox farm trio and a little bud candy my ph is around 6.5. I actually raise it up to about 6.8.  I use the protect with every watering.
The less to buy is better for me. If I can get everything in one nutrient then cool, less to have cluttering up the area.lol.
The pure blend pro was praised for a while, but I have been pretty cautious to change up what works right now.lol. FF is faithful.

Depends on why you're using the PBP. Say you want to go organic then stick with the PBP or if you happen to be a total beginner stick with the PBP as it won't burn your plants if you use to much of it.

By the way with the FF trio if you get rid of the Bud Candy you won't notice any adverse effects. In other words with the trio the candy is not needed.

The only things I'm using right now is the Maxi series and the KoolBloom and I just unloaded a batch to a club that says they only take organic grown :wink:.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

#739824 - 07/13/14 12:48 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

TribalSeed said:

Depends on why you're using the PBP. Say you want to go organic then stick with the PBP or if you happen to be a total beginner stick with the PBP as it won't burn your plants if you use to much of it.

By the way with the FF trio if you get rid of the Bud Candy you won't notice any adverse effects. In other words with the trio the candy is not needed.

The only things I'm using right now is the Maxi series and the KoolBloom and I just unloaded a batch to a club that says they only take organic grown :wink:.

Just shows people can't tell the difference. I'm not an experienced enough smoker to say whether I can tell if a plant has been flushed or not, but I can say, chem or organic, doesn't really make any difference in taste afterwards.

Kept the bud candy around because I started using it from the beginning and everything came out great, why fix it if it aint broke? But hell knowing it doesn't matter, I'll just use up what I got left and be done with it.

Do you ever foliar feed? I have had a bottle of Flowers Kiss sitting around ever since I got my first batch of nutes and I have never used it. Never really needed to foliar feed. The leaves do look dry on the bubba kush clones, but they aren't discolored or brittle.
Just curious.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: TribalSeed]
    #739828 - 07/13/14 12:59 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

The only time I foliar feed is if it's cuttings that are taking a long time to root. They have no root systems so foliar is the best way. (haven't had to do that in years)

A little test I did some years back

--------------------

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

#739831 - 07/13/14 01:23 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
The only time I foliar feed is if it's cuttings that are taking a long time to root. They have no root systems so foliar is the best way. (haven't had to do that in years)

A little test I did some years back

I have read that. that's what I based my purchases of nutrients from. At first I was like any n00b and wanted to be organic, but I read that and I was pretty confident in the fact that it really didn't matter. Besides the few people who do smoke my bud could care less. lol.

Ever since I read a post from you I think, or it was someones DIY of an aeroponic cloner I went and got me one and have just used plain Phd water in the bucket and hung a fluro above it I have had 100% success with clones. It takes all the bitch out of making clones. The only clones that didn't make it were because of my big ass hands breaking the stems while I was trying to get the collar out.lol.

I'll get off your dick now. :pedrophile:

You give good info, what can I say?

--------------------

OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Southeast US
Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: TribalSeed]
    #740648 - 07/18/14 06:56 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

General Hydroponics makes wonderful products and thats what I use with my DWC setup.  It's never let me down!

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: ShroomingChaos]
    #743067 - 08/06/14 11:07 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

if you use the entire nute line with the supplements (powders etc) along with the 3 part liquids the ph doesnt swing anywhere near what it does with the 3 part nutes alone..  Im happy with the entire FF line but I wasnt having good results using only the 3 part liquids ferts only in my dwc setup.

once my FF food is gone Im giving that stuff a try.  hope my sage and sour likes it. :ganja:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:1:growingweed:3:growingweed:B:farmerdance:U:growingweed:D:growingweed:S:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: 13buds]
    #744571 - 08/20/14 06:28 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Hey uhm I want to get some Maxibloom and was shopping around and noticed that a lot of hydroponic stores have Maxibloom labeled as being 5-7-18... Anyone have the (5-7-18) one? I don't know if I like those numbers as much. If you google "maxibloom 5-7-18" there are pages of results of stores saying that's the NPK.

supposedly you ca use just maxibloom for your entire grow. KISS method or something. IDK

Offlinewebster10

Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #744575 - 08/20/14 06:51 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I thought floranova bloom was the nute that was like lucas formula in a bottle and you could use it and only it throughout the grow.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #744595 - 08/20/14 08:20 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

You can use both lines for the lucas formula.

Happy reading

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=191645

This is the routine I'm using right now.

(The strength of the mixes varies with strain but the routine is the same)
1. Myself with a 8 week strain I use the maxigro for veg.
2. Then the first two weeks of flowering I use the maxibloom and maxigro at a 50/50 level.
3. The next 3 weeks I use the maxibloom and the koolbloom liquid. This step is extended for strains longer then 8 weeks of flower. Extend it till you have 3 weeks of flower left so you have two weeks with the powder and a week of flush.
4. Weeks 6 and 7 of flowering I use the maxibloom and the powder koolbloom. The last week florakleen for the final flush.

This is all I use
After testing over the last 30 years every additive I can think of I'll use one in my mix when I can find one that has the plants looking better then the ones without it. The only one so far is silica.:shrug:

--------------------

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#744600 - 08/20/14 08:33 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

yea but is it no longer 5-15-14 and now 5-7-18? because that's a lot different

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #744606 - 08/20/14 08:57 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I just bought 5-15-14 and have never seen it any other way. In the early 90s and early 2000s it was still 5-15-14. When you google maxibloom 5-7-18 there are a bunch of links but everyone takes you to maxibloom 5-15-14. I don't think maxibloom 5-7-18 exits. The General Hydroponics site only advertises the 5-15-14.

Maxibloom 5-7-18 Every link goes to 5-15-14

Because of dipshit sites like this that people think it comes in a different version. Read the label they have up

http://bestbudsgreenhousesupplies.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=BBGS&Product_Code=HY234&Category_Code=FGH

5-15-14 is the only way it comes.

--------------------

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#744620 - 08/20/14 09:55 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Yea that's weird... It's my understanding that a lot of fertilizers don't supply adequate K in late flower for an optimal finish, so possibly they are taking this into account and changing the formula? It's possible it could be a mass typo and all these hydroponics stores get from the same supplier who gave them the wrong product description. /shrug I'll find out tomorrow

Gro is listed as 10-5-15 from 10-5-14

Edit: wait is this an old issue?

Edited by Midgetpawn (08/20/14 10:00 PM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #744635 - 08/21/14 02:54 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Neither of them have changed. Gro is still 10-5-14 and bloom is still 5-15-14. From the way that they sell I don't think they would be stupid enough to change it up.

--------------------

Offlinewebster10

#744650 - 08/21/14 12:00 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
You can use both lines for the lucas formula.

Happy reading

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=191645

This is the routine I'm using right now.

(The strength of the mixes varies with strain but the routine is the same)
1. Myself with a 8 week strain I use the maxigro for veg.
2. Then the first two weeks of flowering I use the maxibloom and maxigro at a 50/50 level.
3. The next 3 weeks I use the maxibloom and the koolbloom liquid. This step is extended for strains longer then 8 weeks of flower. Extend it till you have 3 weeks of flower left so you have two weeks with the powder and a week of flush.
4. Weeks 6 and 7 of flowering I use the maxibloom and the powder koolbloom. The last week florakleen for the final flush.

This is all I use
After testing over the last 30 years every additive I can think of I'll use one in my mix when I can find one that has the plants looking better then the ones without it. The only one so far is silica.:shrug:

Thanks for the information Magash. Using maxigro and maxibloom, you don't need to add any cal-mag? Also which silica product to you use? From the reading in the silica comparison thread, the GH silica product sounds like a good choice. Thanks

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #744731 - 08/21/14 05:42 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

You know I've been using Silica Blast but most likely will switch to the GH stuff. The powdered stuff sounds good also but I don't use silica that often only if there is a chance of heat stress otherwise I don't have a need for it. (When lazy if the silica is near by and the ph up isn't and I need to raise the ph I'll grab the silica blast. 1 tsp per gallon raises the ph by a point.)

I'm not into additives cause there just there to suck money out of pockets. I've tested a ton of them. I had to I had 8 gardens and nutrients cost a ton of money. Now my kids run most the gardens but they don't use them either. I use to like liquid karma but they changed the humic acid from 20% to 1% so I said see ya to that.

There are 4 more shelves of stuff. Now I just buy the 50lb buckets of maxigro and bloom. 5 gallon jugs of koolbloom liquid. 16lb tubs of powder koolbloom. Keep some sensizyne around in-case I don't clean the roots out of a batch of hydroton I'll let the sensi eat em up. Then there is some silica blast in-case the heat get high in the area for a few days or if I happen to have to do battle with some kind of bug cause it make the plants harder for bugs to eat. (bet most you clowns didn't know that :tongue: Silica is a huge help in slowing down the progress of mites and thrips or whatever bug eats the plants.)

--------------------

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

#744748 - 08/21/14 07:39 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I would hate to see the total price of your receipt when you are done buying your nutrients.
With how much you grow, how long does, say, the quart bottles of the fox farm last you when you chose to use that for your grow?
I bet not long with the numbers you got going, judging by the volume in that sweet 16 picture post.

--------------------

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#744754 - 08/21/14 09:29 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Well someone from GH responded to my asking if the multiple store listed 5-7-18 is a new formula , with "It's always been 5-15-14". Which seems a tad snidey to me. Hope I didn't further spread that misinformation around too much. Wonder if someone was trying to steer people tward buying something more expensive. I would think it's a typo, except there is no product with that NPK and maxigro also has a different NPK listed, which likely means someone had to consciously add those numbers.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder