Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Sterilized Grain Bag for Spawn   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepsilopsyche
Stranger
Cannabis Tincture Recipe
    #725125 - 04/08/14 06:21 PM (10 years, 14 days ago)

This is my recipe for a potent cannabis tincture

What you will need:

1. 1/8 Cannabis (The more potent, the better)

2. 1.5 oz of 150 proof or higher, clear, grain alcohol

3. Glass Mason Jar

4. Mesh Strainer/Cheesecloth

5. TIncture/eyedropper bottle (1 oz)

First:
Decarb your cannabis! You're not going to have a potent tincture if you don't debarb your weed first. What decarboxilation is, is converting the THCA (not psychactive) into THC (psychoactive :smile: ). We do this by heating the cannabis up to a certain temperature in the oven, alowing this process to happen faster. At this part, what temperature it should be heated to has been widely disputed. Based on this article,

http://www.marijuanagrowershq.com/decarboxylating-cannabis-turning-thca-into-thc/ .
and personal experience, the proper temperature to decard at is 240 for 1 hour. Make sure your cannabis is finely ground before you put it into the oven. This step may make your house smell like weed. Covering the container will aluminum foil seems to help this problem.

Second:
Take your now decarbed cannabis, and put it in the glass mason jar/ container. Pour about 1.5 oz of high proof alcohol into the glass container, and give it a nice shake! Do this for about 5 minutes. Despite what you may have heard for the time it takes for the cannabinoids to dissolve in the solvent, it is a relatively short process. Let your tincture sit for about 3 hours, giving it a nice shake every 30 minutes. I've heard from other sources that the cannabinoids dissolve within a few minutes, but I always like to be safe, and let it soak for a few hours.

Third:
Now its time to strain the liquid/cannabis solution. Get another container, and use the strainer to strain the liquid. Make sure to squeeze and press to get all the liquid out. You should have an darkish green, to an amber liquid. Now your going bottle the solution in the tincture bottle. Because you used an ounce and a half of liquid, you may need to let a little of the alcohol evaporate off.

Dosage:
For me, with medium to high tolerance for cannabis, I find 1 dropperful to be mild, and 2 to 3 dropperfuls to be a good comfortable dose. Dosage will vary of course, depending how potent your cannabis was, and your tolerance. I find this is a great way to medicate discreetly, it works, and its fun & easy to make. Enjoy!

Edited by psilopsyche (04/08/14 07:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Sterilized Grain Bag for Spawn   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag