Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: Sweet 16 [Re: mocobycuh] * 1
    #727876 - 04/26/14 09:17 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry its day 37. Not 47.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Re: Sweet 16 [Re: KaptKid]
    #729520 - 05/04/14 08:07 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Looks like its around 44 days.
Need to find that new hydro store get these transplanted into 2 gal bags.
Just going to use FF/OF

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #729536 - 05/04/14 08:22 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisiblebrainsOplenty
ganja farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: zion
Re: Sweet 16 [Re: Magash]
    #729971 - 05/06/14 09:01 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

:popcorn:

--------------------
it's written right here.
it's absolutely clear.
the ganja herb is the healing of the nation.

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Loc: Left Coast
Re: Sweet 16 [Re: brainsOplenty]
    #732043 - 05/18/14 03:24 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Lookin' forward to seeing how this goes!  I'd really like to grow this strain one day as well.

--------------------
Shroomery.org

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Re: Sweet 16 [Re: Psuper]
    #736854 - 06/19/14 08:43 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Started flowing on 5-28-14.

Out of 5 plants only two females.

Will post pic's after new internet get hooked up.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #736867 - 06/19/14 09:13 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

You can still take cuttings from the flowering females and use those as mothers to make more plants.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

#738133 - 06/28/14 09:15 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Magash
I'm headed for a shoulder replacement. Will be happy with what I get. No time for making clones. After recovery will start again. Maybe before full recovery I will start. Going to have time on my hands.

30 days into flowing. Sorry for the bad pic.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #738197 - 06/29/14 02:23 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I hear ya. I'm on crutches right now myself. Get what ya can start again and if there are any disasters the aliens that control growing on this planet will arrange a free seed replacement for ya. From what I've seen in this thread you do fine with Sweet 16 so I'm sure there will be no disasters and the next batch will be a huge success.

Get better :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

#738612 - 07/02/14 08:21 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Bummer  to hear your on crutches. Hope nothing is broken.
May have to put off operation a bit. My const co is taking off.
Thank god for the oil boom. They have taken all the young men and few const workers left.
Its time to rape those cheap bastards.
You know, get will the getting is good.

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

#739577 - 07/10/14 08:21 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

They keep a grow'in.

--------------------

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #739578 - 07/10/14 08:30 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Looking damn good my friend.
:getstoned:

--------------------

OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Southeast US
Re: Sweet 16 [Re: Stoneth]
    #739616 - 07/11/14 11:45 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I will be following! So far so good man and best of luck with the shoulder surgery.

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

#741115 - 07/23/14 09:24 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Day 55 of flowering.
Damn are these buds getting heavy.
Had to put a support stick into the pot to hold them. They were starting to fall over.
Will try and get a pic up in a few days.

--------------------

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #741116 - 07/23/14 09:40 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

:awesome:
Can''t wait to see the pictures man.:getstoned:

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

#741307 - 07/25/14 10:51 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Day 57 of flowing.
These bitches are heavy.

This has been a hot summer. Normally would of just been sexing. Flowering room temp over a 100f.

These buds are sticky and have a sweet smell.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #742253 - 07/31/14 01:19 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Looking good, how long do you plan on going with it? Do you use any silica?

Those plastic bags suck for plants, even for transplanting they seem to always give me poor looking plants. Cannabis prefers a wider and shorter root zone, those tend to be tall and skinny.

Its worth it to spend a few $ on air/cloth pots and just reuse them. I prefer to use the 5 gallon pots instead of the 3 gallon pots if I'm going to use only 2-3 gallons, as they are wider and more suited for the plant.

I personally recommend everyone buy some of the 1L Airpots for getting plants ready to transplant; they work simply amazing.

See at the bottom how there are a lot of root tips just waiting to get in some soil and start growing? This was cut off the mother plant 27 days prior to this photo, and all the original leaves from the clone were tipped(those two at the bottom.) For small containers they are the way to go. Plus they are easy to transplant, they unwrap around the soil. The larger pots are nice but can't say there is any advantage to them over cloth root pots, other than the built in ring stand/rigid design.

And for hydro I like coco coir with drip feed/drain to waste. its easy to use and cheap to set up. The Blumats are easy to use automatic non-recirculating passive (gravity feed, no electronics) feed system that work rather well. I'm onto my own pump/drain to waste system now, but they are a good way to start. The non-recirculating aspect from both methods is beneficial because you just need to mix your nutrients and forget about it till it runs out, no checking or adjusting needed.

I used to have 6 plants in 5 gallon pots using 2 blumats each. Hooked up to a square 5-gallon bucket as a res tank. I would feed 4 gallons every 1-2 days. And when I needed a larger res tank I just added another bucket T'd into the main feed line and doubled the capacity. They also saved my plants the first time I used my new watering system, as I hadn't timed it out quite right. It was a sweet back up, especially around the heat of summer. A 12 pack kit is like $80 and comes with everything you need except a res tank.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Sweet 16 [Re: phychotron]
    #742567 - 08/02/14 12:54 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Those plastic bags suck for plants

Oh, do they

Quote:

Cannabis prefers a wider and shorter root zone

Kind of true. The main reason isn't because the plant prefers to grow like that it's mainly because most people esp people that are new will tend to keep a deep root zone to wet. Some of the best plants I've seen were done outdoor in Mendocino County in holes dug with post hole diggers that were deep. Take plants growing in geolite they don't care if the containers are narrow, wide or whatever as long as the roots can grow.

Sorry man didn't mean to be a dick it's just something I've seen with my own eyes so I had to chime in. Sorry :shrug:

Now time for you to enlighten me.
Having never used a drain to waste system how much nutrient do you go threw? Seems like it would be a lot esp if you grow bigger plants.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #742579 - 08/02/14 04:28 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Ya, they do suck for plants. I'm not saying you can't get them to work, just that they are not ideal for plants. I've seen more shitty plants in those bags than I have good healthy plants.

With coco the roots tend to stay at the top, especially with the Blumats. The Blumats drip only when the coco dries out, so it would only respond to the top portion of the pot and I assume would only water the top part as fast as the plant could uptake it. The plants did amazing, and grow root bumps an inch tall to get to the dripper feed. I feared salt buildup, but occasionally just run water and they'd do fine--one of the reason's I like Canna is that they leave minimal residue/salts.

When I did three half gallon pots with two Blumats each they did 5+ oz each. Almost as soon as the lights turned on they would open up and start feeding, and almost just as fast they'd shut off when the lights went off. For as little work as you do with Blumats you get a lot out of it. I recommend anyone try these, they're handy for when you need to leave the house. You can leave just for as long as your res tank will let you. Best setup before your plants are big and bushy.

So the drain to waste is still in its infancy, but I have a 32 gallon trash can I'm using right now and mixing up that much is costly at 400+ mL at a time and its only lasting a few days. I was just thinking today I need to switch to a cheaper base nutrient if I'm going to feed this much. Its summer so I was thinking I just need to dilute the nutrients a little to counter their excess passing of water. Plants are looking great though.

They recommend a 20% runoff to keep the salts flushed, but I just water until they are starting to runoff. I have flood trays that the plant sit in and its ready to be drained, but I don't want to drain it every time. I flush once at week 4, prior to the P-K boost, then flush or just plain water at the end for 7-10 days and use up those excess nutrients. Coco flushes fast and I go by how the plant looks, usually yellow and fading fast at the end. 

Its strange feeding manually again, I used to just fill the tank up to the Blumats and not even open the tent for a week+ at a time. It was really nice actually. Right now I'm waiting to get a cycle-stat that will feed the plants for me. The timer I have only does 1 minute intervals which is too much for every day right now. It'd be nice to have a Blumat controlled pump that would feed on demand.

So you filled your post holes with geolite?

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Sweet 16 [Re: phychotron]
    #742600 - 08/02/14 07:12 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

So you filled your post holes with geolite?

No those were filled with soil. They were outdoor plants.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals