Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Why is this so hard? [Re: cyclonicthunder]
    #722567 - 03/21/14 10:38 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Nah they look like that at first, some more than others. It should green up on the upper part of the stems where the new growth comes in. That part of the stem turns woody/thick.

image search of "cannabis seedling" for some good examples.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: Why is this so hard? [Re: phychotron]
    #722605 - 03/22/14 09:34 AM (10 years, 30 days ago)

I have a question for you more experienced growers, hope the OP doesn't mind me posting it here, just dont want to start a new thread...

Is it ok to start your seedlings under 24 hour light? I dont like putting my seedlings under my MH so Ive been putting them under a CFL but I dont have an extra timer so I just leave it on all the time. Will this hinder their growth at all? Will any problems arise when I switch to my 18/6 MH?

--------------------
:firecum:

InvisibleP-O

Re: Why is this so hard? [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #722641 - 03/22/14 11:19 AM (10 years, 30 days ago)

i think they will be fine bro.  but maybe see what to boys say

I did 24/0 with my seedlings..... but im also vegging under 24/0 right now.

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Why is this so hard? [Re: P-O]
    #722645 - 03/22/14 11:31 AM (10 years, 30 days ago)

24 hrs of light is ok. I run my veg rooms 24/7.  Switching to 18/6 won't hinder them either. If you keep the seedlings far enough away from your mh lamp you can put them under it now. (if you want to and have the space)

I germed my last batch of seeds under a 600w mh.

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: Why is this so hard? [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #722649 - 03/22/14 11:45 AM (10 years, 30 days ago)

Thanks FJ. I dont really have room in my grow tent that contains the 400w MH for them, and everything in that tent is infested with fungus gnats anyway. So far Ive tried diatomaceous earth, SNS 209, and nematodes. Ive slowed them down a little but can't shake them and dont want to expose my seedlings to them. I didnt want to go this route but I guess my next step is AzaMax.

--------------------

InvisibleMr. Wilson
purty-weiner-dog

#722677 - 03/22/14 02:28 PM (10 years, 30 days ago)

dammit man

hows about BT i ?? aka Skeeter Dunks

that would take care of the larvae then maybe some sticky traps if the flying bastards bother you

could just be talking out my ass tho??

but please don't start in with the heavy duty chemical shit

purty please

Edited by Mr. Wilson (03/22/14 02:50 PM)

OfflineHime
Stranger

Re: Why is this so hard? [Re: Mr. Wilson]
    #722794 - 03/23/14 12:23 AM (10 years, 30 days ago)

jup jup, those mosquito dunks worked for me, maybe a little over a quarter of a circle in a gallon of water and shaken n soaked for a few days. drench the soil and you can also crumble it up in a fine layer over the top of your soil. that and apple cider vinegar + some microbe rich bubbled run off, with a drop of dish soap to break water tension(in an open jar), really put a dent in this recent infestation i'm having.

--------------------
Livin, learnin, takin it easy :willynilly:

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: Why is this so hard? [Re: Hime]
    #722840 - 03/23/14 10:43 AM (10 years, 29 days ago)

AzaMax is organic, many people swear by it and its sold by GH. Its just real expensive and from what Ive read can slow your growth down while you're using it.

I watered two of my bigger healthier plants with the weakest mixture on the chart last night to test it out, hopefully one dose will do the trick.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Why is this so hard? [Re: Mr. Wilson]
    #722846 - 03/23/14 10:50 AM (10 years, 29 days ago)

You'll keep getting fungus gnats until you eliminate the source--usually they are in the bags of soil at the hydro store, always giving you a fungus gnat problem.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

#722847 - 03/23/14 10:55 AM (10 years, 29 days ago)

Anyway to treat the soil without killing all of the beneficial bacteria?

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #722856 - 03/23/14 11:09 AM (10 years, 29 days ago)

I stopped using soil partly for that reason, bugs galore. I'm in coco coir now and its great. I cut the fungus gnats down with a layer of sand on top of the soil, ~3/4" layer prevents access to the soil. Maybe add diatomacous earth to the sand? DE straight on top forms a layer that the water can't penetrate that well, gotta mix it in with the soil on the top layer or it just cakes up like a clay.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #722858 - 03/23/14 11:23 AM (10 years, 29 days ago)

Mosquito dunks are a biological control, which is usually best. That was going to be my main method of attack but I switched to coco before I could try them, but I've heard they work well. The sand on top really did cut numbers pretty big though.

--------------------

Offlinecyclonicthunder
Stranger
    #723174 - 03/25/14 06:18 AM (10 years, 27 days ago)

Two of my seedlings have broken through the bottom of the jiffy cube with roots, is it time to transfer to a 1 gallon of coco coir mixed with perlite, now?

Also, I have tried to test the water by weight, but even when they get wet, they are pretty similar to the dry weight, so it's hard to tell.

Last of all, the ends of the cotyledon are turning yellow, is this normal?

Thanks again.

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

#723212 - 03/25/14 03:48 PM (10 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
I stopped using soil partly for that reason, bugs galore. I'm in coco coir now and its great.

I'm thinking about going that route soon. I have a shit load of coir bricks from my mushroom hobby, is there anything special I need to do with them before using them for MJ? These are what I have. I thought I read something a long time ago about having to treat or sterilize coir if its not purchased from a hydro shop?

--------------------

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

#723213 - 03/25/14 03:53 PM (10 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

cyclonicthunder said:
Two of my seedlings have broken through the bottom of the jiffy cube with roots, is it time to transfer to a 1 gallon of coco coir mixed with perlite, now?

Also, I have tried to test the water by weight, but even when they get wet, they are pretty similar to the dry weight, so it's hard to tell.

Last of all, the ends of the cotyledon are turning yellow, is this normal?

Thanks again.

Im still a noob but have successfully grown and harvested several plants the last few months and those seedlings look healthy as can be to me! :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleP-O

Re: Why is this so hard? [Re: bEelzeBosS] * 1
    #723214 - 03/25/14 03:55 PM (10 years, 27 days ago)

I think if the roots are stickin though its time to tranplant em to something bigger

Offlinecyclonicthunder
Stranger
Re: Why is this so hard? [Re: P-O]
    #723227 - 03/25/14 05:44 PM (10 years, 27 days ago)

@OnlinebEelzeBosS Excellent.

Now, I have a bunch of coco coir that has been sitting around for three months, which I used to start some basic seedlings in, but nothing that grew past a week. Can I use this still?

Edited by cyclonicthunder (03/25/14 06:05 PM)

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

#723230 - 03/25/14 06:00 PM (10 years, 27 days ago)

I'd wait for someone more experienced to confirm but I don't see why not. I'd rinse it really well to remove any salt buildup first.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale