Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBluntguY 207
That Guy
 User Gallery

Loc: North East Coast Flag
Re: Grow tents [Re: hamloaf]
    #720962 - 03/12/14 08:04 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

No sounds good!  Id order them if you have easy access to warrennty!  Tougher over here on the east coast when most the grow supply deals on ebay are coming from cali.

they do honor the warrenties most of the time its just a long turn around time when you have a bunch 5 weeks into flower!

good luck with your purchase, and let me know how whatever brand you use turns out!  I love personal product reviews!

--------------------
"Self sufficient medical marijuana patient"

"I should be sponsered by Swisher Sweets":gethigh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

Loc: Back in the USSR. Flag
Re: Grow tents [Re: BluntguY 207]
    #722232 - 03/20/14 04:57 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks and yea I'll let you know how whatever brand I choose turns out.

Damn.  Now you have made me reluctant to even check those Ipower ballasts out.

The last light kit I bought was a 600watt "Digital Greenhouse" brand ballast and I'm in love with it.  It's quiet, cool and doesn't brake the bank to run. 

The last light kit I bought they sent a shady bulb.  Decided to try it out anyway and the bulb caused the ballast to break down.  I reshipped the item the next day and STILL had to wait almost almost a full month to get the replacement ballast and bulb.  Do you or anybody you know know anything about the "Apollo" brand light kits?

OfflineBluntguY 207
That Guy
 User Gallery

#722237 - 03/20/14 08:11 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Ive heard of them and seen them on a few sites.  Never seen them in action or have any friends using them.  I got thunder ballasts.  Still running good, on my third harvest with them.

bulbs are cheap ines though. I deff need to upgrade them to some decent ones next time around.

--------------------

OfflineThriceKing
Seasoned Green Thumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #722243 - 03/20/14 09:14 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I splurged on a lumatek switchable ballast. Probably paid too much at retail, but it's very slick. Totally silent, stays cool to the touch, the anodized blue color is easy on the eyes, and did I mention totally silent?  My previous digital ballast actually vibrated, and the one before that was louder than my fridge. Being able to switch between MH and HPS as well as wattages makes it suitable for all applications.  Totally worf it if you have the fliff on hand.

--------------------
All submissions are for informational purposes and entertainment only.

OfflineThriceKing
Seasoned Green Thumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #722245 - 03/20/14 09:16 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

hamloaf said:
Thanks and yea I'll let you know how whatever brand I choose turns out.

Damn.  Now you have made me reluctant to even check those Ipower ballasts out.

The last light kit I bought was a 600watt "Digital Greenhouse" brand ballast and I'm in love with it.  It's quiet, cool and doesn't brake the bank to run. 

The last light kit I bought they sent a shady bulb.  Decided to try it out anyway and the bulb caused the ballast to break down.  I reshipped the item the next day and STILL had to wait almost almost a full month to get the replacement ballast and bulb.  Do you or anybody you know know anything about the "Apollo" brand light kits?

Oh and yeah I pay for good bulbs. It's like my Mustang: you're paying for the engine, and a reasonable suspension and body around it. Put the money where it counts. Lights are the engine of the grow man. Sack up and cough cash.

I avoid Fleabay items as they are inevitably shady. I say this with 15 years experience there, with some very notable exceptions that prove the rule. Amazon a touch better, but nothing beats your local grow store, even to examine something and then order it on Amazon for the pricebuster.

--------------------
All submissions are for informational purposes and entertainment only.

Edited by ThriceKing (03/20/14 09:18 AM)

Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

Loc: Back in the USSR. Flag
    #722427 - 03/21/14 04:36 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

BluntguY 207 said:
Ive heard of them and seen them on a few sites.  Never seen them in action or have any friends using them.  I got thunder ballasts.  Still running good, on my third harvest with them.

bulbs are cheap ines though. I deff need to upgrade them to some decent ones next time around.

Right on, man.  I know a grower that I trust who uses Apollo so I am probably going to go with them over the Ipower brand. 

In my opinion, upgrading to "better" (more expensive) bulbs is less important than changing out the bulbs every grow or two (depending on how diligent you want to be with the changing of the bulbs between grows), because bulbs lose considerable lumen output after about a harvest or two so the best way to get the most lumens out of any bulb is to change them out between grows. 

I don't know about you but I am not running a warehouse here so I don't have the money to change my bulbs out every grow with the most expensive bulbs on the market so I plan on using "cheap" bulbs until that day.  There is really not much of a need to pay an extra 70-90$ per bulb to get an extra 3000 lumens or so (except to get a specific spectrum) unless you are a cash cropper.  To a cash cropper those few extra lumens can be the difference between thousands; possibly tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars per harvest.

You see I am just recently back under the lights after a several year hiatus and am starting from the bottom as far as equipment, space and genetics go so I am not going to spend top dollar on equipment until I get a few consecutive harvests under my belt.

My mistake in the past was always me trying to start off too big.  I have learned from that.  This time I am starting small and am super happy to be researching again.  I just wanna' grow.

OfflineBluntguY 207
That Guy
 User Gallery

#722431 - 03/21/14 06:14 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Right on man I here ya!  Got to have good enough equipment to produce , but cant max out the charge card to get up and running!

yeah I plan on changing to decent bulbs but not outrages ones.  Also I think I
l replace my bulbs once a year or so unless I notice a drop in yields.

I am not a cash cropper, I just try to produce enough quality bud to keep me high, and I help out a few patients just to help cover my costs. ( electricity, nutes, etc.)

--------------------

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

#722436 - 03/21/14 08:13 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I have a 400w and a 600w apollo...the 600 is a little noisy but both work great so far. Ive only had them for a few months though so take that for what its worth.

--------------------
:firecum:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds