Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinelegit
2lgeti2quit

FDA Issues Import Alert on Dietary Ingredient, KRATOM
    #719307 - 03/04/14 11:36 PM (10 years, 27 days ago)

WASHINGTON—FDA has notified its field personnel that it may detain certain products
containing "kratom" without physical inspection because the agency has determined that
the new dietary ingredient (NDI) poses such adverse health effects as aggression,
hallucinations and vomiting.

The list of products subject to detention without physical inspection come from Canada,
Indonesia and Malaysia.

Shipments of the ingredient are contained in capsules, whole leaves, processed leaves,
leaf resins, leaf extracts, powdered leaves and bulk liquids that are made of leaf extracts.

Kratom is a new dietary ingredient that does not appear to have a history of safe use, the
agency stated in a Feb. 28 import alert that the American Herbal Products Association
(AHPA) shared with its members.

"In fact, the scientific literature disclosed serious concerns regarding the toxicity of
kratom in multiple organ systems," FDA stated. "Consumption of kratom can lead to a
number of health impacts, including respiratory depression, nervousness, agitation,
aggression, sleeplessness, hallucinations, delusions, tremors, loss of libido, constipation,
skin hyperpigmentation, nausea, vomiting, and severe withdrawal signs and symptoms."

Kratom also is known as mitragyna speciosa, mitragynine extract, biak-biak, cratom,
gratom, ithang, kakuam, katawn, kedemba, ketum, krathom, krton, mambog, madat,
Maeng da leaf, nauclea, Nauclea speciosa, or thang.

FDA said the import alert represents its guidance to its field personnel concerning the
products at issue, and does not confer any rights or bind the agency or the public.

:kratom:

please help us keep this herb legal.

http://www.naturalproductsinsider.com/news/2014/03/fda-issues-import-alert-on-dietary-ingredient-kra.aspx

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleP-O

Re: FDA Issues Import Alert on Dietary Ingredient, KRATOM [Re: legit]
    #719308 - 03/04/14 11:46 PM (10 years, 27 days ago)

god im sick of this attack on kratom and other amazing plants :mad2:

Offlinelegit
2lgeti2quit

Re: FDA Issues Import Alert on Dietary Ingredient, KRATOM [Re: P-O]
    #719310 - 03/05/14 01:18 AM (10 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

the new dietary ingredient (NDI) poses such adverse health effects as aggression,
hallucinations and vomiting.

THIS shit pisses me off in particular.

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: FDA Issues Import Alert on Dietary Ingredient, KRATOM [Re: legit]
    #719501 - 03/06/14 09:02 AM (10 years, 25 days ago)

this is copy pasted from my post on shroomery...

im going to clear a few things up... ive been using kratom for a good 3, maybe 4 years now. my gen dose is 5-8 grams a day for a few weeks straight then a good month or 2 break in between. ive stepped it up and bought a larger amount and have been eating kratom every day, sometimes twice a day, for the past month and a half. i am noticing slight tol increases so i will be taking a break here shortly.

okay...

the nausea they mention is true if you take too much and have no tolerance.

not once have i ever gotten any sort of hallucination while on or after taking or from long term use.

i have never noticed any serious WD effects and ive taken kratom for long periods of time every day and had to stop abruptly because i ran out.

kratom actually helps with sex and increases my libido. it allows me to last longer and gets me in the mood.

i must say, i do find myself getting a bit more agitated while the effects wear off. i also tend to snap a bit more the first day of being off kratom, but thats it. last only for the first day and is never out of control. i dont run out and the second im out i go on a shooting rampage or starting beatin the fuck out of my chick. i become a bit annoyed and thats it. my chick says its more like i get a man period for a day once i run out. :lol:

the article is bullshit and the FDA can eat my dick. anything that they cant tax or make money off of will raise their flags.

kratom is safe and helps in so many different ways.

--------------------
Learning to love life by living through loss and mistakes
Lessons learned then gradually surfacing, Letting go, stripping naked to scream
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
I'm a retarded, disfigured clown
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
I'm an equal being of no race, or color, a hallucination if you will
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds