Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

Re: Indoor 1000W MH/HPS Bagseed - First Grow - Last updated May 31st [Re: Inocuole]
    #733817 - 05/31/14 04:14 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

The small plant started producing seed pods so I went ahead and said fuck it, since I can't see any dicks on the other plants, so I have to assume it pollinated itself somehow.  I got it out of there and chopped it and did a rough trim-job on it.  It was a really small plant but it did produce one nug.  Since it's incomplete I'm thinking of just making a small amount of oil with it and the trim from the larger plant.

With how early this was harvested, is there any benefit to drying/curing it properly?  Am I even going to want to smoke something this underdeveloped?

I would trim it more but I really don't see the point since I intend to throw it with other trim.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

Re: Indoor 1000W MH/HPS Bagseed - First Grow - Last updated May 31st [Re: Inocuole]
    #734339 - 06/02/14 08:07 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineNorthern Lights
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
    #734365 - 06/03/14 06:02 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Wouldn't drying and curing it help with making the oil? idk ive only ever used dry material

also those bushy stalks are coming along nicely :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Loc: New Caledonia
Re: Indoor 1000W MH/HPS Bagseed - First Grow - Last updated May 31st [Re: Northern Lights]
    #734541 - 06/03/14 08:33 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I'd save it for a while and smoke it it should be ok and probably a pretty high THC:CBD smoke

--------------------
No one is free when others are oppressed

InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

Re: Indoor 1000W MH/HPS Bagseed - First Grow - Last updated May 31st [Re: Doc]
    #734712 - 06/05/14 01:44 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah I have it in a paper bag, sealing it up every so often, the planty smell has gone away and it's looking a lot more like weed.

InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

#735504 - 06/09/14 05:08 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

When to start flushing?  After it's already packed on the weight?

edit:

Here's that badly trimmed herm bud.  Looks better than the weed I got the seeds from. :shrug:

I don't think I'll be smoking it though.  Would rather implement it into coconut oil or hash or something.

Can't wait to see how the main plant's nugs turn out though.

Edited by Inocuole (06/09/14 05:24 PM)

InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

#735884 - 06/12/14 02:09 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Gonna need some advice on how much further I should let this plant go.  It doesn't look like it has put on all the weight it needs to, the nugs have started to branch off sort of (not sure what that's called yet)  They did this about the same time they shot out the second round of white pistils, around the time the first set started to mature.  Did I somehow cause a flowering reset when I nute burned it or is this pretty normal?  I'm trying to wait for it to swell up, but only if it is, in fact, going to.

Also what are those shiny green balls in picture 3 and 4?  Don't tell me seed pods...  I'm hoping that's just the glands swelling up with resin because there's no pollen.  :confused:

Yes there's a cat hair on one of those buds.

Edited by Inocuole (06/12/14 03:51 PM)

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

#736111 - 06/14/14 03:37 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Ok those look like seeds for sure but don't sweat it because there might just be acouple on the new tips. The bud branching tip thing is normal, some strains do it, generally I wait a while when they do that because you will see the whole bud fill in almost to the level of those tips eventually, they are just packing on weight. I prefer my buds not to get those little tips but generally if I do I expect it will take a good little while longer before harvest because they need to pack on the weight. IMHO

--------------------

OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Southeast US
    #736129 - 06/14/14 05:08 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Looks like you had solid results for just some regular bag seed but those are seeds for sure

InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

Re: Indoor 1000W MH/HPS Bagseed - First Grow - Last updated May 31st [Re: ShroomingChaos]
    #736147 - 06/14/14 06:33 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, they're only on like one or two buds total so I'm not too worried.  Hopefully no more pop up.  I'm gonna give it another 2 weeks or so I suppose.  Hopefully that's long enough.

OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Southeast US
    #736215 - 06/15/14 03:10 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I would finish it up honestly because theres no going back at this point. I had an issue similar go this one time and I kept misting just plain water once a week in my tent to help keep pollen from going everywhere and it worked. Theres threads on here for just about every issue. Most of the time when you run into a problem, someone else has had it already happen to them in the past lol. Keep it coming! I ordered my feminized seeds from Gorilla Seeds which is a Growery sponsor and I have never had negative results.

InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

Re: Indoor 1000W MH/HPS Bagseed - First Grow - Last updated May 31st [Re: ShroomingChaos]
    #736249 - 06/15/14 05:40 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah once I'm done with this grow I'm going to look at seeds and get moved out of here into a bigger area and such so I can try taking it seriously for round 2.

I killed enough plants to know how to keep them alive, now I know first hand how much/little nutes they need for most of the stages, give or take. 

I'm hoping this doesn't take too much longer.  How long does it typically take from this phase to harvest time?  I'm seeing actual bud material coming up out of those bud-branches or whatever you wanna call them, as opposed to trichome-covered leaves.  In that sense it seems like it just started actually producing but I wanted to shut the light off by July to save some money up for moving.  Electric bill has been pretty steep...

I've started cutting back on nutrients just a little.  Not really sure how I'm going to get this thing out of the tent to flush it.  It has no support and is swaying like crazy in the wind or when I try moving it.  It's a little late to shove anything down into the where the roots would be. :shrug:

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

#736313 - 06/16/14 09:25 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I wouldn't worry about the flush too much but it will improve your smoke quality,  maybe just stop using nutes at this point and try some distilled or RO water?

Another idea is to also use a more pure water but literally fill your container to the brim. You should have a large and very sturdy tray on hand, as opposed to say a bucket because the tray gives you a wider area to pour and spill onto, try to use your hand or something to hold the soil/perlite down and then try to pour the water out of the top of the container. 
When your tray gets full make sure to have a bucket on hand and empty it in there, and repeat the process a couple times.
  Eventually the water should come out clear and you'll have a good flush. This is a method they talk about in a decent grow booK I have I think it's called the cannabis growers bible or something like that. I've never done it myself cause I use buckets and then drill tons of holes in the bottom. I think it sounds decent enough though and would recommend it in your situation.

By the way that plant looks pretty dope man it's real tall, and it seems like you're getting the hang of it, but by no means am I trying to sound like a pro or anything.

--------------------

InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

#736324 - 06/16/14 12:47 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I think next time will go 100x smoother for sure.

I've been flushing it similarly to that, except I usually stand it up in the kitchen sink or bathtub when I do it because I don't have any tray that could handle the number of gallons I need to put through a 5 gal bucket.  I usually fill up a medium sized pressure cooker and use that volume to flush, it's probably about 4-5 gallons each time, enough to go over the top of the medium.

But yeah, when I look at the plant and feel disappointed that it's all yellow and has some burned edges, I try to remember that it started from a seed and it's been surviving for months since then, enough to produce some okay looking buds, even though I've been working with hydro nutes and a ph tester only, no PPM meter, no distilled water, no additives.

Is flushing with distilled or RO water really going to make a difference vs clean tap?  I know tap water has a noteworthy ppm of its own but could it really be consistent of anything that the plant would absorb and affect taste?  I mean, what, fluoride and chlorine, base minerals?  I'll used distilled water next time probably but I think using tap was the least of my problems in the grand scheme of all the fuckups I made with this grow.  This final stage is taking for fucking ever.  The buds look spindly now that they're branching a bit, worried the plant is going to give in before it thickens up.

InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

#737267 - 06/22/14 07:06 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

The last two are the other plant, which finally started doing something, I guess.  They're both nute burned to hell but what isn't burned still looks good. So I guess I'll have a little bit of yellowish bud that gets thrown in with the trim.  Oh well. :shrug: 

Kinda funny that since about halfway through my grow I've been getting weed for free, so I stopped worrying so much about how this turns out.  Granted I'm still being careful not to ruin it completely but, I feel like I've learned most of what I can from the first grow experience, aside from harvesting and drying. (Got some drying practice in with a seedy bud that I clipped off early so I think I might be ready to do more at once by the time it's ready)

I just hope I don't burn the next grow.

Edited by Inocuole (06/22/14 07:12 PM)

Offlinec1d
Stranger

#737409 - 06/23/14 11:17 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

This is one epic thread man, will have to re-read again once I get closer to a grow, which is still quite a ways off. Got to her from reading your grow tent thread, this log completely derailex my thought process on that, had to smoke one and read this after I saw these were bag seeds - well done bro!

:bigweed:

InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

Re: Indoor 1000W MH/HPS Bagseed - First Grow - Last updated May 31st [Re: c1d]
    #737410 - 06/23/14 11:28 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Derailed like how?  I feel like this was a grievous learning experience but I'd be happy to answer any questions about the setup or whatever if you had any.

Offlinec1d
Stranger

#737419 - 06/23/14 11:56 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Derailed me from reading the tent thread for info on setup, to smoke pot and look at your grow log  :bigjoint:

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: Indoor 1000W MH/HPS Bagseed - First Grow - Last updated May 31st [Re: c1d]
    #737666 - 06/25/14 09:29 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Nice! I didn't get a chance to read much yet, but I was wondering if you figured out what was causing the paleness during veg? was it actually an N deficiency? I've been having that problem with some new growth but N didn't seem to fix it for me =/

InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

Re: Indoor 1000W MH/HPS Bagseed - First Grow - Last updated May 31st [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #737759 - 06/26/14 06:21 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I haven't ever been able to get yellow leaves to go back to green.  So far, once there's been a deficiency those leaves are permanently affected and I can only hope it doesn't continue while I try to correct the problem.  Then again I could've been having all kinds of issues, I didn't really ever find the answers to most of my questions, I kind of just started accepting all the empirical evidence I had and trying to balance the feeding.  It's either too much or too little.  Too much shows on new growth, too little shows on old growth.  Both are kind of irreparable unless you catch it as it's just starting.

We can assume that there was most likely a deficiency of nitrogen at several points in the veg cycle.  But as others said, it could've been a multitude of other things.  Afraid you're gonna have to just keep trying to figure it out.  :shrug:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals