Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Is my cotton candy ready for harvest? [Re: Spiritual Ganja]
    #704968 - 01/06/14 02:27 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Thats one way of doing it. A lot of newbs will leave it a bit leafy to extend their firsts harvests. After you start getting larger yields its better to just trim it off--smoke the bud not the leaf. The trim goes to edibles, bubble hash or BHO, so its not like your wasting it.  It also depends on the buds, some can get away with being leafy whereas others just piss you off.

I'd recommend making coconut oil out of the trim and using it for edibles. Its the easiest way to process it with no special equipment.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSpiritual Ganja
Stranger

Re: Is my cotton candy ready for harvest? [Re: phychotron]
    #705082 - 01/06/14 09:22 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I used almost all my leaves towards trying to make, "blender hash". Unfortunately the metal coffee strainer i used allowed a considerable amount of trim in the final product.

The end result was a saddening to look at concentrate of leaf.

I was so disappointed.

Hopefully with my white widow it will be done right.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Is my cotton candy ready for harvest? [Re: Spiritual Ganja]
    #705110 - 01/06/14 11:39 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

ahh, nothing like a failed hash adventure.

My trim this round is going to make some 'shatter.' I'm extracting it as bubble hash then loading the BHO extractor with that, then mixing the finished oil with ethanol and run through a carbon filter before being dried. The last batch of BHO was very good but the flavor had a slight trim taste to it so I wanted to see how bubble hash would compare, but then the guy making the oil wants to play around with ethanol so I just said sure.

One of the good things about coconut oil is that you don't need a filter, just keep melting it in new water and wait for the junk to sink. It might take two passes but its not hard at all. Plus it ensures you don't waste the oil by trying to squeeze it out of the leaf.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures