Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Boveda Humidipacks? [Re: Data]
    #705268 - 01/07/14 01:26 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

When I grew mushrooms thats how I tested my hygrometer. Wet table salt will hold the humidity in a sealed container at 75%. Its good to see that their are other salts out there that can do other rH's, but I wonder how safe they are to come in contact with the bud. Sodium Bromide for example looks like the best candidate but is it something you want to have around your plant?

Also for a specific rH you would probably need to mix a few of the salts--which is probably what Boveda is doing. 

Its not just for the cure its also to prevent over drying toward the end. Read this for further instruction. Its the combination of using the bags and the Boveda to ease the last bit of moisture out that works so well. Without the Boveda its difficult to get that last bit of moisture out without over drying.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Boveda Humidipacks? [Re: phychotron]
    #713189 - 02/08/14 04:14 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
In my quest for the perfect cure I came across these, they make stuff for cigars, but they also developed a 62% pack specifically for bud. They work both ways, up and down.

I spent ~$12 on a 12 pack of the medium 8g pouches for the ounces I'm curing and they seem to be doing a pretty good job so far. I use I-chem 950mL wide mouth chemical storage bottles that work pretty good to seal, but it also needs that perfect moisture level going in. The one's I've been using so far seem to be doing some good, as the buds are nice and at that perfect moisture. Bud usually starts to dry out by the time I get to the end of the ounce but they're staying pretty nice this time. 

I initially wanted to make a drying chamber and control the humidity, but these seem like they're going to work better since they go up and down and they can be used in a sealed container. I was planning on getting some 60g packages and use those in the final drying stage, bag them up when the buds are sticky-moist and get a good method down. I still think I'll need a chamber for the initial drying to ensure that it does not happen too fast in the first phase but it won't need to be as elaborate if these can help keep the perfect humidity.

I was wondering if anyone else had any experience with these?

I just started using these. I had over-dried some AK. I added one of the 62% 60g pouches. I will never store bud without these again. These things brought the AK back to a very nice state. They are fucking fantastic.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Boveda Humidipacks? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #713202 - 02/08/14 04:59 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Awesome. Its amazing how much work they actually put in.  I dont think I could ever go back to not using them also, they keep the bud so much nicer even in the jar that I smoke out of that usually dries out by the time I get to the bottom.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
    #713204 - 02/08/14 05:05 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

took me a while to find the 62% packs here in CO springs. i went to every retailer listed on their website, called a few, and finally found a dispensary that carried the 62s. the headshops and tobacco stores all had 70%+

youd think they'd get it right here in colorado...

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Boveda Humidipacks? [Re: CrushNazT]
    #713380 - 02/09/14 03:29 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Ive only ever ordered from the internet. Not even sure where to begin looking. They're going to get more popular as time goes by I'm sure.

--------------------

InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

#713582 - 02/09/14 04:46 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I wonder if that means that they will become more expensive or if there will be a lot of similar products from other companies cropping up to compete?

I'm definitely investing in some, seems like a no brainer for long term storage.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Boveda Humidipacks? [Re: Inocuole]
    #713587 - 02/09/14 05:03 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Its best for drying and bringing them to that perfect moisture level so that they are able to cure. See the link in the sig.

--------------------

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Boveda Humidipacks? [Re: Inocuole]
    #713592 - 02/09/14 05:12 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

If they start to become popular, I'm sure other people will start carrying them.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Boveda Humidipacks? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #713796 - 02/10/14 10:47 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I've found the 62% packs at multiple headshops here in Boulder :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

Re: Boveda Humidipacks? [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #713879 - 02/10/14 12:53 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I'll totally pay right out of pocket for some whether it be online or otherwise but what I'm slightly more interested in is someone reverse engineering them so we can make them ourselves for pennies on the dollar.  I'm sure they take a bit of dialing in though.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#714144 - 02/11/14 08:26 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

CrushNazT said:
took me a while to find the 62% packs here in CO springs. i went to every retailer listed on their website, called a few, and finally found a dispensary that carried the 62s. the headshops and tobacco stores all had 70%+

You don't even need to leave your home.

OfflineNameInUse
Strange
Male User Gallery

#714797 - 02/13/14 01:21 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I also started using them to bring crumbly buds back to perfection after reading this thread, so thanks, phycotron.
I picked mine up from the Smoker Friendly but they only had 72% so I threw them in 2 jars with about an oz. each, along with a hygrometer for about 12-16 hours and took em out. The buds (in mason jars) went from 65% to 62% in a couple weeks of opening them daily, multiple times. Someday I'll order 62's but this is working for my purpose.
I also keep one with my tobacco products, now I can keep a bag of rolling tobacco nice and fresh forever. I should give them an amazon review.

--------------------
But then an even greater force emerged: The un! And the un un-nazi'd the world! Forever!

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Boveda Humidipacks? [Re: NameInUse]
    #714804 - 02/13/14 01:36 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I'm glad people like these things. The clubs keep giving them to me for free when I take bud to them. Now instead of throwing them out (I hate these things) I'll give them out for free with my seed orders. (I had no idea these were popular).

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Boveda Humidipacks? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #714826 - 02/13/14 02:50 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

CrushNazT said:

or i could cut out the middle man (men?) and buy straight from boveda. or drive to manitou springs and go a dispensary there if i need them ASAP.

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Loc: Left Coast
    #715172 - 02/14/14 06:27 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

These aren't necessary with properly cured buds, but if you need them you can purchase this same product as Heartfelt Humidity Beads 60%RH and 65%RH.

--------------------
Shroomery.org

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

#715537 - 02/16/14 10:37 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Wow.  These could have really helped me.  I always had cure issues.  Not horrible, but it was a constant fuss.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Boveda Humidipacks? [Re: Psuper]
    #715551 - 02/16/14 11:31 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Boveda is saying those don't work.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #715553 - 02/16/14 11:35 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

So why is 62% the preferred one for cannabis if cigars are better at 69%?

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Boveda Humidipacks? [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #715691 - 02/16/14 05:39 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

69% is too moist for bud to cure. It will mold if it has too much moisture, not cure if it has too little. Plus tobacco has a lot of chemicals and whatnot.

If you watch the original video they designed it specifically for bud.

http://www.bovedainc.com/store/herbal/

They added another video "boveda for medical cannabis storage and curing"

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#716137 - 02/19/14 06:07 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

CrushNazT said:
Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

CrushNazT said:

or i could cut out the middle man (men?) and buy straight from boveda. or drive to manitou springs and go a dispensary there if i need them ASAP.

1. They are $43 (shipping unknown)at the company store, $38.50 (inc shipping) at Amazon.

2. "Finally found" isn't as convenient as "click". Plus there's the cost of your gas and your time.

3. Not all states have dispensaries.

I'll go with Amazon.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder