Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Preferred Nutrient Solution of The Growery Community 2013. [Re: hamloaf]
    #692276 - 11/06/13 02:29 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Awesome, I hear nothing but good things about Botanicare.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Re: The Preferred Nutrient Solution of The Growery Community 2013. [Re: phychotron]
    #692556 - 11/07/13 11:12 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Ive been using 100% full Fox Farm organic line for soil for the last year and :thumbdown:

I get mediocre results with it, in fact Im getting better results with miracle grow :wow:

advanced nutrients is my next line then botanicaire if that doesnt do it, either that or I just suck at :ganja:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:1:growingweed:3:growingweed:B:farmerdance:U:growingweed:D:growingweed:S:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: The Preferred Nutrient Solution of The Growery Community 2013. [Re: 13buds]
    #692563 - 11/07/13 11:55 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I recommend staying away from AN. They hide PGR's in their nutes and make you pay extra for crap you shouldn't use on weed. Labeled by the FDA as "for ornamental plants only", these compounds are highly carcinogenic!

--------------------
My best run so far

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Preferred Nutrient Solution of The Growery Community 2013. [Re: 13buds]
    #692583 - 11/08/13 02:45 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I'd say avoid AN also, they're a pain in the ass to use. I like their pH adjust, but their nutrients don't hold up in my tank (non-recirculating, just sitting by themselves) They say their formula was made by 12 Ph.D.'s but what they don't say is that 11 of them are in marketing. How do you make a few extra million a year? Sell them 17 products to complete the full line of nutrients--some stuff at $400 per gallon. They have an idea where your money is from and know some people wont mind throwing a few extra bucks down at the hydro store thinking they need it for the bomb bud.

I'd go with Botanicare before AN.

As for organics, it seems like there are not too many good liquid organic nutrients out there. I decided its not needed and stop researching it. My brother was using AN's Iguana and I liked his plants in veg and smoked/tasted good but wasn't maxing out the yield. Hard to say if it works that well because he never kept up with it. From what I read online it seems like the people who do go liquid organic liked it a lot.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

Loc: Back in the USSR. Flag
Re: The Preferred Nutrient Solution of The Growery Community 2013. [Re: phychotron]
    #692604 - 11/08/13 09:56 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I didn't care that much for Advanced Nutrients either.  Too many supplements.  Upthread "Farmer Joe" states he uses Advanced Nutrients and has good results with them.  I wonder what his specific regimen with those nutrients are? 

Botanicare Pure Blend formulas are they way to go.  Botanicare is what I'v converted to.  From what I understand from what I'v been researching (if I'm understanding correctly) these Botanicare brand Pure Blend formulas are well rounded.  Meaning they have all kinds of different supplements already mixed into their base nutrient, and they are a super easy to use.  My plants just love them, and I love that my plants love them. 

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Preferred Nutrient Solution of The Growery Community 2013. [Re: hamloaf] * 1
    #709754 - 01/24/14 08:20 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Let's bring this talk back for 2014!

--------------------

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Preferred Nutrient Solution of The Growery Community 2013. [Re: Harry_Ba11sach] * 1
    #709755 - 01/24/14 08:28 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Still Botanicaire for me.  With Kool Bloom, and earthworm casting/guano teas.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: The Preferred Nutrient Solution of The Growery Community 2013. [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #709758 - 01/24/14 08:41 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Damn guess I got some bad info...crazy too, a LOT of people recommended the Fox Farm trio to me so I stocked up on it and that's all Ive used. Guessing since nobody here uses it there must be a reason. :frown:

--------------------
:firecum:

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

Re: The Preferred Nutrient Solution of The Growery Community 2013. [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #709763 - 01/24/14 08:47 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

fox farm is not a bad line, my patient uses there line and has good results. I am still using botanicare, but my next grow i will be doing a test with house and garden line on 2 or 3 plants to compare to botanicare to see if i get any better results, but the rest of my plants i will still be using botanicare.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Preferred Nutrient Solution of The Growery Community 2013. [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #709764 - 01/24/14 08:47 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I'll still with General Hydroponics FloraNova, liquid and dry Koolbloom, Rapid Start, AN's carbo load, and Budswell.

I alos use AN's Final Phase for my flushing agent.

--------------------
:getstoned:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Preferred Nutrient Solution of The Growery Community 2013. [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #709766 - 01/24/14 08:50 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

bEelzeBosS said:
Damn guess I got some bad info...crazy too, a LOT of people recommended the Fox Farm trio to me so I stocked up on it and that's all Ive used. Guessing since nobody here uses it there must be a reason. :frown:

Bull fucking shit if nobody uses it. The trio are the best bud boosters out. I've used just about everything and I'll stick with the trio.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Preferred Nutrient Solution of The Growery Community 2013. [Re: Magash]
    #709771 - 01/24/14 09:04 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

The only "booster" I use is koolbloom.  Everything else I get from the teas that I make.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

#709773 - 01/24/14 09:08 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
The only "booster" I use is koolbloom.  Everything else I get from the teas that I make.

hmm i would have though u would use hydroplex from botanicare hawk.

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
    #709776 - 01/24/14 09:10 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:

what botanicare products do you use?

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Preferred Nutrient Solution of The Growery Community 2013. [Re: CrushNazT]
    #709780 - 01/24/14 09:41 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Grow, Bloom, Silica, and Karma.

I will use Excellerator from house and garden or whatever it is, when transplanting.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #709785 - 01/24/14 10:26 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

New news for 2014.....AN is going broke and will soon be bankrupt. Anyone else heard the gossip? The owner of the hydro shop I work at was in visiting and mentioned that  Big Mike emailed a bunch his major customers and asked for a loan to help keep the company going. (supposedly)

Something's definitely up though.

I was at work yesterday when my boss was emailing our AN rep back and forth about shit that's on back order. Come to find out they're currently out of 4L sensi base nutes and only have 1L's available.

Now what is messed up is our rep said that they are out of bud factor x, rhino skin, and a few other additives and will not be making them until MARCH. I'm glad I have enough nutes to get me though my current grow.

AN is a fucking joke.

I think Humboldt's line is where I'm headed next. I hear heavy 16 is pretty popular out west. Any of you guys run their line yet?

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

InvisibleP-O

Re: The Preferred Nutrient Solution of The Growery Community 2013. [Re: Farmer Joe] * 1
    #709788 - 01/24/14 10:37 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

:takingnotes:

Offlineothyem
Male
Re: The Preferred Nutrient Solution of The Growery Community 2013. [Re: P-O]
    #709795 - 01/25/14 02:39 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Not a big an fan anyway. I use a mix mash of organic lines. I would think green planet would be the most natural an replacement though. My buddy swears by it. I'm running their medi-one on a couple plants now. So far so good.

Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

Loc: Back in the USSR. Flag
Re: The Preferred Nutrient Solution of The Growery Community 2013. [Re: othyem]
    #709803 - 01/25/14 09:06 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Good call, Harry.  Thread title updated!

Quote:

CrushNazT said:
Quote:

hawksapprentice said:

Hey, Crush.  I use Botanicare exclusively right now as well.  I'm rocking Pro Grow and Bloom with Liquid Karma, Vitamino, Silica-Blast and Hydroplex.  I use 100% Organic, 100% black strap molasses instead of the Botanicare "Sweets" to add sugars and carbs to the plant's diet.  I have some CalMag hanging around in case of any cal mag issues.  I don't use it regurlarly though, because I don't use reverse osmosis water.  Kind of strain being grown, and how individual plants react to feeding dictates what strength nutrients are fed to plants at.

The only extra additives and supplements I use are SuperThrive at one drop per gallon of water (the plants love this shit), Growmore brand Seaweed Extract (0.10-0.10-1.5) during veg at a half-o-milliliter per gallon of water, and the Wholesome Sweeteners Brand Organic Molasses at just a couple 2-3 drops per gallon of water starting at about the 3rd week of flowering. 

My feeding regimen goes like this - feed with base nutrient - water - additives and supplements - water - repeat. 

Quote:

Farmer Joe said:
New news for 2014.....AN is going broke and will soon be bankrupt. Anyone else heard the gossip? The owner of the hydro shop I work at was in visiting and mentioned that  Big Mike emailed a bunch his major customers and asked for a loan to help keep the company going. (supposedly)

I was at work yesterday when my boss was emailing our AN rep back and forth about shit that's on back order. Come to find out they're currently out of 4L sensi base nutes and only have 1L's available.

Now what is messed up is our rep said that they are out of bud factor x, rhino skin, and a few other additives and will not be making them until MARCH. I'm glad I have enough nutes to get me though my current grow.

AN is a fucking joke.

I think Humboldt's line is where I'm headed next. I hear heavy 16 is pretty popular out west. Any of you guys run their line yet?

Haha, that's fuckin' crazy. 

There's some new shit out that's peaked my interests too.  1 is a brand called "Aqua Flakes".  They look dank and I believe are out of Switzerland.  Another one is called "A&B" or something like that.  They come in white bottles.  One has an orange label and the other label is blue.  Humbold's secret "Golden Tree" sounds killer too.  I'm about 5 cosmic seconds away from getting a nutrient tea burner and making my own damn nutrients.  Maybe one day bottle the shit up and slap my face on said bottles and start my own nutrient line.

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

Re: The Preferred Nutrient Solution of The Growery Community 2013. [Re: hamloaf]
    #709804 - 01/25/14 09:41 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

hamloaf said:
Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Good call, Harry.  Thread title updated!

Quote:

CrushNazT said:
Quote:

hawksapprentice said:

Hey, Crush.  I use Botanicare exclusively right now as well.  I'm rocking Pro Grow and Bloom with Liquid Karma, Vitamino, Silica-Blast and Hydroplex.  I use 100% Organic, 100% black strap molasses instead of the Botanicare "Sweets" to add sugars and carbs to the plant's diet.  I have some CalMag hanging around in case of any cal mag issues.  I don't use it regurlarly though, because I don't use reverse osmosis water.  Kind of strain being grown, and how individual plants react to feeding dictates what strength nutrients are fed to plants at.

The only extra additives and supplements I use are SuperThrive at one drop per gallon of water (the plants love this shit), Growmore brand Seaweed Extract (0.10-0.10-1.5) during veg at a half-o-milliliter per gallon of water, and the Wholesome Sweeteners Brand Organic Molasses at just a couple 2-3 drops per gallon of water starting at about the 3rd week of flowering. 

My feeding regimen goes like this - feed with base nutrient - water - additives and supplements - water - repeat. 

Quote:

Farmer Joe said:

AN is a fucking joke.

Haha, that's fuckin' crazy. 

There's some new shit out that's peaked my interests too.  1 is a brand called "Aqua Flakes".  They look dank and I believe are out of Switzerland.  Another one is called "A&B" or something like that.  They come in white bottles.  One has an orange label and the other label is blue.  Humbold's secret "Golden Tree" sounds killer too.  I'm about 5 cosmic seconds away from getting a nutrient tea burner and making my own damn nutrients.  Maybe one day bottle the shit up and slap my face on said bottles and start my own nutrient line.

i would stay away from the humboldts golden tree its prity much a remake of gravity .. i gave them a call when cause i wanted to find out if it had pgrs in it like how gravity did and the sales man gave me the run around on the phone trying to avoid answering the question. i was curious about the product cause they claim is liek gravity .. but i was hoping it woudl be with out the pgrs.

and i thought aqua flakes was made by house and garden for hydro set ups.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom