Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSmokeSomeHash
Littlest pee pee on da block
 User Gallery

Loc: murica Flag
Re: fungicide for organic soil [Re: Magash]
    #670178 - 05/11/13 08:37 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Personally i use gh ph down or botanicare but after reading another thread i might try an.

I was just wonderin if it was like somethin specific cuz i wouldve attributed the mold more due to moisture conditions...i dunno...im askin too many questions lol.

And dude wheres the butt. Those tittays are scary.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: fungicide for organic soil [Re: SmokeSomeHash]
    #670218 - 05/12/13 02:55 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Ok, so it sounds like you were talking about using it in an outdoor setting.  Outdoors you have a natural balance that will equal things out, but in a container a bunch of sugar from lemon juice will throw off the equilibrium.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinennn-yan
Shaman Norse Warrior

Re: fungicide for organic soil [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #670226 - 05/12/13 03:17 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Hey guys I see this has become quite the conversation :lol:
My purpose with my grow is to stay and organic as possible in the sense that I only wanna work with organic chemicals. No inorganic/synthetic. I know there are ph uppers and downers and I appreciatethe links
The mold is nearly gone now tthat I got a second fan blowing in the room and I have been lightly misting with H2O2 (which is about as far as inorganic compound as I wanna go) I mean shit I will be smoking it :ganja:
I also just water with some nutritious phosphate (10-54-10) so my girls have plenty of food for budding:crazy2:

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: fungicide for organic soil [Re: nnn-yan]
    #670227 - 05/12/13 03:18 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I don't think you know what inorganic and organic really means man.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinennn-yan
Shaman Norse Warrior

#670235 - 05/12/13 04:12 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Why do you say that?

OfflineMaestro
Strange
Loc: Kiev, Ukraine
    #670243 - 05/12/13 08:29 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Well define organic chemicals
Quote:

nnn-yan said:
Why do you say that?

Edited by Maestro (05/12/13 08:29 AM)

OfflineSmokeSomeHash
 User Gallery

#670252 - 05/12/13 10:40 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Ok, so it sounds like you were talking about using it in an outdoor setting.  Outdoors you have a natural balance that will equal things out, but in a container a bunch of sugar from lemon juice will throw off the equilibrium.

Yeah thats why i was thinking it didnt compost properly. Ive seen mold on old lemons but ive never seen it spread to soil like that. Its also regularly 100-110 during the hot summer months and we dont get shit for rain. Plus im out on a farm with nothin around so it gets real windy and everything dries quick.

As far as too much sugar...what about molasses? Thats like a sugar overload.

Im just gonna throw some seeds in ffof with some lemon juice and try it for myself in a low RH environment. I completely understand that the lemon could start breaking down and bacterias would contribute to mold, but i want to know if those mold spores would even begin to colonize without a high enough RH.

This thread has been racking my brain all week long and the mushroom grower in me just cant let it go without thinking of all the types of subtrates available and how spores work...as far as i know molds need humidity and lack of air flow, whether its mold in my grass, my shrooms, my fridge, the walls...etc.

But who knows...maybe ill just grow a shit container...but if i do at least ill know for sure.

--------------------

OfflineSmokeSomeHash
 User Gallery

Re: fungicide for organic soil [Re: SmokeSomeHash]
    #670253 - 05/12/13 10:42 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

And maybe im wrong and gonna sound like a jackass but 10-54-10 does not sound organic to me..at least not in the sense that i think youre talkin about.

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #670275 - 05/12/13 12:19 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

nnn-yan said:
Why do you say that?

Because it doesn't seem like you have a good grasp on what is or isn't "organic".  But that's mainly the media and societies fault for confusing people and using the terms where they don't apply.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inorganic_compound

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinennn-yan
Shaman Norse Warrior

#670540 - 05/13/13 01:36 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Maybe organic compounds was the wrong word, I should have said I don't want to use anything toxic or harmful. And when I was looking at fungicides I say all the label warnings about being dangerous or poisonous and one label even said that the fungicide chemical was directly linked to cancer in the state of California! And there is no way I would give my plant anything like that! And shit, I deffianity don't wanna be smoking anything toxic or cancerous OR even worse sharing toxic flowers with others!:thumbdown:
But thank you for the corrections fellas, I am here to learn and expand.  :buddha2:

OfflineUSAlien234
Stranger

#670560 - 05/13/13 02:58 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I think you just need better air flow to your plants it looks like spider web mold, usually from to much moisture. I could be wrong though.

OfflineJd9086
Plant Pathologist
Male
Loc: CA
Re: fungicide for organic soil [Re: nnn-yan] * 1
    #833089 - 05/16/18 02:26 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

nnn-yan said:
Quote:

SmokeSomeHash said:
You need to fill the container with water until it starts to drain out of the bottom. If your soil is dry sometimes it pulls away from the side so the water just runs down the side so whag i like to do is water once, wait about 5 minutes, then water again, sometimes up to 3 times just to make sure its THOROUGHLY wet with NO dry spots...sometimes i tray water but thats diff.

That's how I water.
But if lemon juic is a problem, could I use vinager to lower it? I'm trying to stay away from as many chemicals as possible.

You do realize lemon juice has 'chemicals'... right? Organic is a marketing ploy. Use shit that works and is safe and forget this 'anti-chemical' nonsense

--------------------
Fuck Organic- chemical fertilizers and fungicides save lives

OfflineJd9086
Plant Pathologist
Male
Loc: CA
Re: fungicide for organic soil [Re: Jd9086]
    #833090 - 05/16/18 02:40 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

In terms of the mold though... keep your rh down! If you have mold on soil, youll prbly be dealing with PM and bud rot in your grows as well.

Temperature not too hot! Rh not too humid! Dont overwater! Have good air circulation and drainage in your soils. Environmental control will do more for you in terms of fungal control than anything else.

--------------------
Fuck Organic- chemical fertilizers and fungicides save lives

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds