Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineothyem
Male
Re: Tips for dealing with rf interference. [Re: P-O]
    #724456 - 04/03/14 03:31 AM (10 years, 23 days ago)

I'm running the I power digi's too. I have 7k altogether. They knock out am signal to the curb of my house. I've been running them a year with no issues.

I'm 100% legal so I'm not to concerned.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: Tips for dealing with rf interference. [Re: othyem]
    #724502 - 04/03/14 07:06 PM (10 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

othyem said:
I'm running the I power digi's too. I have 7k altogether. They knock out am signal to the curb of my house. I've been running them a year with no issues.

I'm 100% legal so I'm not to concerned.

If you are causing harmful interference at that level you are not legal in the US. You are rolling the dice with the FCC, and while they may not find you for a while, they will eventually notice the RF output from your house. You may not get in trouble for the activity thats causing the interference...but you will get in a buttload of trouble for causing harmful interference.

I had a friend who was amplifying a CB radio to 1500W transmission power. He operated it for about 2 years with no problems. One day he got a knock on the door, and when he answered a group of dudes served him a warrant, pushed their way into his place, and confiscated every bit of radio equipment in his home. They then fined him several thousand dollars for violating FEDERAL LAW.

Just saying guys and gals, the FCC is nothing to mess around with. In a world where nearly all emergency/air traffic communications are accomplished via RF, you don't wanna be that guy who is jamming up that system with your grow lights. :2cents:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

OfflineM3LM3L
Stranger

Re: Tips for dealing with rf interference. [Re: Data]
    #816810 - 07/12/16 11:39 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

The first time 2 cable guys showed up, i had lots of open lines and splitters, a new 1000 watt thunder pro and they came a few feet in the house to unhook splitter and close the circuit to the old cable... Its been about a month, its hot, I have it dimmed to 400, 1 of the original cable guys shows up, says it is still a problem?, this time he follows the line in, sees my fan room where i have a couple of seedlings under a baby bulb, and goes in my basement (basically everywhere but my 'personal' closet) and finally reroutes the line in. I am a legal small grow in a medi state, I know my place smells like blueberry dank, how nervous should i be about getting reported to law enforcement? and does anyone know if mi law enforcement knows who grows in their county?

Offlineoggy
Stranger
Re: Tips for dealing with rf interference. [Re: M3LM3L]
    #816854 - 07/13/16 10:53 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Well placed capacitors will help reduce noise and interference in your circuit, if it's something you have built yourself.

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Re: Tips for dealing with rf interference. [Re: oggy] * 1
    #816860 - 07/14/16 05:38 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

We are talking about RF emissions of grow lighting, as that is really the only piece of grow equipment that is using high frequency, high power resonant circuits. Adding capacitors in the vague manner you've suggested would more than likely brick a ballast, and possibly start a fire.

Filter capacitors can be safely installed downstream of a rectifying power supply (if you know how to identify that particular circuit), and a more complex series of high voltage varicaps and variable inductors can be used to perform impedance matching between the ballast and the power cable, or the power cable and the light....but an easier way to do this is by selecting an appropriate length of shielded cable, or to use a ferrite bead on the cable to change its transmission characteristics.

Sorry man, but without more details or a tek, adding capacitors to a ballast circuit is a very bad idea.

--------------------

OfflineFat_A
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Sweden Flag
Re: Tips for dealing with rf interference. [Re: Data]
    #816868 - 07/14/16 12:26 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Damn agamotes you know your shit

--------------------
Im doing this because its so fun!

Offlineoggy
Stranger
Re: Tips for dealing with rf interference. [Re: Fat_A]
    #816882 - 07/15/16 12:35 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

I did put a small disclaimer in there with that built yourself part. I don't recommend taking a part any ballast that isn't of your own design.

I only posted because I thought othyem was the OP and that page 2 was page 1.  :sorry:

Edited by oggy (07/15/16 12:38 AM)

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Re: Tips for dealing with rf interference. [Re: oggy]
    #816887 - 07/15/16 08:46 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Gotcha, and yea if you know where to place them in a custom circuit, then yourstatement is 100% correct. :thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds