Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheSavior
Stranger
 User Gallery
First Grow, Coco, Outdoor. Flowering Questions. Gurus! Please help
    #667756 - 04/26/13 05:40 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Hello everyone :smile:

I have started my first grow of Kandy Kush, Amnesia Haze and NL Auto.
They are grown in Coco, I water them daily using sense of pot weight. I dissolved 4 grams 19:19:19 fertilizer in 1 liter of water for 5 days a week. They are responding beautifully and the watering solution is 900ppm and tap water is 300 ppm.

I have them growing outside, currently I have 12hours of light daily. with extreme heat in the morning and cold at night. in two month time I will have 13.5 hours of light per day, this makes me wonder If the plant might revert back to vegetation midway through flowering. also due to the urban environment in which they are grown, the night isn't 100% dark, there are very faint light reflections coming from nearby street lights and the moon.

1) Will the plants revert back to vegetation when the days become longer ? if yes whats the maximum amount of light in the flowering phase?

2) Are these lights harmful? cuz I can't remove them.

3) Do you think I'm such a smartass cause I anticipated this and ordered the Auto strain to ensure i'll be making a harvest anyway ?

4) Have you experienced the sun in the middle-east, what do u think my harvest will be like ?

5) Is it cool if I remove the males from the batch and take a cutting to keep mothers, or should I just pollinate a few buds to make numerous seeds ?

6) How much ppm is ideal for coco ?

7) I am thinking of improvising an aeroponic setup to speed up vegetation then transplant them to soil when they start to get bigger than I can handle transporting them to their final location. pitch in on this idea

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: First Grow, Coco, Outdoor. Flowering Questions. Gurus! Please help [Re: TheSavior]
    #668946 - 05/03/13 08:41 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

1) Will the plants revert back to vegetation when the days become longer ? if yes whats the maximum amount of light in the flowering phase?

Yes they will revert. The amount of light will change from strain to strain. Some strains come from close to the equator and some don't. Mainly sativas from close to the equator and indicas further north where the winters come sooner and flowering has to finish earlier in the year. Sooooooo they react to the difference in light hours sooner then a sativa would.

Quote:

2) Are these lights harmful? cuz I can't remove them.

Any light during the night period of the flowering phase is bad.

Quote:

3) Do you think I'm such a smartass cause I anticipated this and ordered the Auto strain to ensure i'll be making a harvest anyway ?

No, better safe then sorry.

Quote:

4) Have you experienced the sun in the middle-east, what do u think my harvest will be like ?

No idea what sun in the middle east is like and God willing I'll never find out.

Quote:

5) Is it cool if I remove the males from the batch and take a cutting to keep mothers, or should I just pollinate a few buds to make numerous seeds ?

If you don't have a place to grow indoors you have to do seeds cause doing mother plants is out.

Quote:

6) How much ppm is ideal for coco ?

Also changes from strain to strain. Some solutions that will kill some plants are nothing to others. Usually indicas can handle a little more but that answer is going to change from grower to grower.

as far as the amount to use in coir I can't tell ya that. I hate coir with a passion and my exp with it is limited.

Quote:

7) I am thinking of improvising an aeroponic setup to speed up vegetation then transplant them to soil when they start to get bigger than I can handle transporting them to their final location. pitch in on this idea

I'd go directly to soil. 3 reasons. 1. It's not going to be that much faster. 2. No need to babysit a hydro system. 3. Less chance of transplant shock if you don't have to transplant to begin with. Esp when transplanting form a hydro set up to soil.

Sorry so late to answer this just saw it.

:happyweed::shrug:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineMDS213
Stranger

Re: First Grow, Coco, Outdoor. Flowering Questions. Gurus! Please help [Re: Magash]
    #846675 - 09/14/20 08:03 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Hey Feminizer,

1st, love the Gif for your avatar!!! 2nd since you are much more experienced ,(this is my 1st grow but it is going unbelievably well so far), and are giving great advise to the other member could you look at some pic’s and give me your input??

I am a NOOB and this is my 1st, well 1st grow but 1 indoor and one grow outdoor! (Outdoor plants were neighbors). I have a little help with the feeding schedule for inside from a friend who is 2000 miles away so all he can do is tell me how / what to feed them and look at pictures and hope he can help identify any issues. So I do have that little bit of help.

If so here is the short of the back story. Inside I have a 4x5x80” tent and am running a 600W MH/HPS light set up. 6” vent and A/C to keep it 72-73. I use 2 automatic watering systems since I am only able to be there 1-1/2 days out of the week. The 2nd grow I am doing is outdoors because the neighbors planted some seeds and didn’t know anything about growing so they asked if I would grow them I could have 1. The tall 1 of the 3 is close to 8 feet tall.

Here are the indoor 3 plants. STRAIN- ZOUR APPLES
Ethos (Platinum JackX GG4) 80/20 Indica

These pictures are horrible because the watering system,(was using only 1 to start), didn’t have directions worth a damn so I thought I was watering every 1.8 hours and I was really doing only every 18 hours!!! That and I topped them and being a Noob I pinched the tips of almost each branch of the 6 sets of nodes stunting them a good bit! The main stem on the smallest one only grew about 10-12” tall!

So I got the watering figured out and then this....

I put the pic of the 3 when they were small just to show my watering system but it should be up top with the before watering was fixed pictures.

They are amazing plants and if you look at the pic of the top covered in crystals that is the end of week 3 and just before the feed and week 4 flower. I have to give the plant credit because they only got the flush I do on Friday and then feed and that’s all the moisture other than the 4 Oz’s of water the system was adding to each plant they had all week until  week 3 veg!! So now it gets flushed Friday then let drain and fed and let drain and I do not water until Sunday morning when I set 1 system to start giving ,(as of week 4 flower), 20Oz’s a day broke up every 4 hours and since it is already wet from the flush I set the second watering system to delay watering until Wednesday and then start giving 20 more Oz’s a day broken up into equal parts every 6 hrs trying not to have the systems water close to the same times. I have had good success I believe due to the strength of the genetics! That plant just wanted to grow!! OH, I forgot to tell you the second tallest one I call “THE STRIPPER” because I had water in the tent and used a huge wet-vac that when I was distracted sucked that plant in all the way to the soil and thank God I had established some good roots because it didn’t pull right out and was left with 1” stubs and like 3 leaves. Look at it now. Look at them and let me know if you think I over did it with the pinching or if you see stuff in how I have LST’d them tell me. I want to learn what’s wrong? I tried to get the branches to interlock like when you fold your hands praying and what your fingers do. I think I am needing to find the place where I am able to tell what bud sites will be sparse and loose and where that line is so I can clean those cling on buds out so the energy goes to what is going to produce quality dense flower. I have honk that is just experience? Any help appreciated!

The outdoor bitches!!!

This is the first MAJOR problem I have had so far with both grows! I think from my VERY limited experience that it looks burnt but from my research it looks more like pests??? Please can you help me on this Feminizer!!!! See how a great top has no hair anymore and is dying? I just caught this. Time is of the essence...... Take a look

If that is pests would you recommend an organic or a similar pesticide that is less harmful to the dogs etc? Thanks if you did read this far I really appreciate it!

I can send update pictures if you’re interested?

LAST BUT VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION!!
REMEMBER I AM A NOOB AND HAVE THESE 3PLANTS OUTDOORS AND WANT TO MAKE SURE ABOUT FROST AMD HARVEST? DO THE PLANTS NEED TO BE HARVESTED BEFORE THE FIRST FROST? Can they handle a frost?!f the frost comes and they are not harvested before will it harm the plants perhaps by freezing the tri’s making them fall off partly?? PLEASE ANSWER THAT ONE FOR ME! Thank you very much!!!!!!

MDS213

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom