Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShrink
The Curious
 User Gallery

Update - Day 13, FIRST GROW: 1000w LED, Sunshine #4 - Aurora Indica (and Mexican Mids Bagseed)
    #663070 - 03/21/13 11:56 AM (11 years, 9 days ago)

Hey everyone,

I'm new here but I've been a member of Shroomery (same username) for over 5 years. Got some free seeds from a friend's grow, along with some unknown mids seeds. I was bad about labeling so it may be awhile before I figure out which is which. One thing I do know is that I have a max of 3 (but def 2) of the bagseed plants growing. There are 14-15 Aurora Indica seedlings. All of them *appear* to have indica phenos, even the ones I think are bagseed.

Grow Breakdown

Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor

Grow Room: Walk in closet with AC ventilation, white stucco walls, attic for venting, approx 10'x5'x8'

Primary Light Source and Wattage (if Indoor): 400w MH early on then 1000w LED

Strain(s) being Grown: Aurora Indica and 2-3 Unknown

Type of Genetics: 3rd generation Aurora Indica, source unknown. Bagseed, source unkown

#Plants before sexing: 17

Growth Medium(s): Started in organic veggie soil, transferring to Sunshine #4 advanced mix
Time Span from
- Seed to Seedling: 3-8 days
- Vegetative to Flowering: N/A
- Flowering to Harvest: N/A

Light Source(s)
- Seedling: 400w MH
- Seedling-Flower: 1000w LED will also most likely use a 400w HPS in unison

Temperatures and Humidity Levels: 70-78 F, 50-70%

Nutrient Combinations and Feeding Cycles: Entire Fox Farms Line (9 products) at recommended feeding

Pruning & Training Techniques: LST

Problems and How You Solved Them:
-Air Circulation: Passive intake to attic
-Boiling yellow residue in MH: Replaced, ordered 1000w LED

Harvest & Curing Methods: N/A

Grow Progress

Week 2, Day 8:

Soils a bit hot, but hopefully they come out okay.

Some genetic mutation on these leaves

--------------------
Owner of ResearchChemicalReview.com

Visit us for harm reduction info about the newest Research Chemicals!

View my experimental **1000w LED** growlog -HERE-

Edited by Shrink (03/26/13 07:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: FIRST GROW: 1000w LED, Sunshine #4 - Aurora Indica (and Mexican Mids Bagseed) [Re: Shrink]
    #663089 - 03/21/13 02:18 PM (11 years, 9 days ago)

PH/Soil too hot in my opinion.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineShrink
The Curious
 User Gallery

Re: FIRST GROW: 1000w LED, Sunshine #4 - Aurora Indica (and Mexican Mids Bagseed) [Re: mhbound]
    #663201 - 03/22/13 01:35 PM (11 years, 8 days ago)

Second set of leaves coming in nicely, seeing some internodal separation finally. lookin' good dudes.

--------------------

Edited by Shrink (03/22/13 09:27 PM)

OfflineShrink
The Curious
 User Gallery

Re: FIRST GROW: 1000w LED, Sunshine #4 - Aurora Indica (and Mexican Mids Bagseed) [Re: Shrink]
    #663252 - 03/22/13 09:26 PM (11 years, 8 days ago)

Some tiny roots popping out of the bottom of some of the pots, can anyone reading chime in on repotting them to gallons soon?

--------------------

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
    #663256 - 03/22/13 10:06 PM (11 years, 8 days ago)

I wait until my plants growth starts slowing down some or at the very least until the roots really start coming out of the bottom. You can do it either way but that is just what I have always done...Don't remember if there is any reason I started doing it or if its just a habit. Just be sure to move them a few weeks before you switch to flowering(again my opinion).

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineShrink
The Curious
 User Gallery

Re: FIRST GROW: 1000w LED, Sunshine #4 - Aurora Indica (and Mexican Mids Bagseed) [Re: mhbound]
    #663566 - 03/25/13 09:26 PM (11 years, 5 days ago)

Just installed the 1000w LED. That shit is blindingly bright - like everything looks green for a few minutes after being in the grow room. Currently it is 2 ft above plants, and gets slightly hotter than the 400w MH.

Will be updating soon with end of 2nd week pics. 3 pronged leaves filling in.

--------------------

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#663643 - 03/26/13 02:01 PM (11 years, 4 days ago)

Fuck yeah its bright, LED panels are insanely bright.

you will not catch me in a grow room without polarized sunglasses whether it is LED or HPS.  I advise to do the same, cant be good for your eyes.

The green coloring is extreme saturation of color on your eyes.

OfflineShrink
The Curious
 User Gallery

Re: FIRST GROW: 1000w LED, Sunshine #4 - Aurora Indica (and Mexican Mids Bagseed) [Re: PoloDown]
    #663670 - 03/26/13 03:37 PM (11 years, 4 days ago)

Have you used LEDs in a grow before PoloDown? I'm having a really hard time finding a sweet spot for the distance. It's a good bit hotter than the MH I was using so I'm worried I'll burn em. Can't find a single grow on the interwebs using a 1000 watts of LED.

Day 13 Pics:

2 genetically deformed plants were culled due to slow growth. Down to 15 plants. 10/15 repotted

--------------------

Edited by Shrink (03/26/13 04:16 PM)

Offlinezzzzzz
Stranger

#663686 - 03/26/13 06:37 PM (11 years, 4 days ago)

Christ!  I know it's bad form to ask, but how much does 1000W of LEDs cost?  And how many lumens does that put out?

OfflineShrink
The Curious
 User Gallery

Re: FIRST GROW: 1000w LED, Sunshine #4 - Aurora Indica (and Mexican Mids Bagseed) [Re: zzzzzz]
    #663694 - 03/26/13 06:58 PM (11 years, 4 days ago)

zzzzzz, a bit over 600 bucks on many of the popular international auction sites. So really, only twice as much as a very high quality HPS or MH without the need for air cooling.

Its chinese, but has 3w diodes, IR diodes, and has 8 or 9 spectra. It has a quality encasing with 4 fans built in. So if they are telling the truth it has the same stats as any premium LED.  As far as lumens, I'm not sure - but we know for a fact that LED lights have less penetrating power than HIDs. I plan on solving this via LST or scrog.

The company selling it "claims" that it functions as well as 1500w of HID - but that is not proven. If you buy an american brand name LED, you would be looking at a few thousand bucks. So we'll see if I end up regretting going cheap, but so far so good.

--------------------

OfflineShrink
The Curious
 User Gallery

#663761 - 03/27/13 11:01 AM (11 years, 3 days ago)

Really weird, under the 1000w LED the meristem growth seems a bright green/yellow compared to the rest of the plant. I was shitting bricks so I brought them under regular light to check, and it looked normal.

Can any broscientists give me a hypothesis as to why? Is the LED showing me something that regular light wouldn't and I should worry about a deficiency/burning?

--------------------

Offlinezzzzzz
Stranger

#663763 - 03/27/13 11:05 AM (11 years, 3 days ago)

Mebbe a little leaning of the spectrum into the ultraviolet range?

OfflineShrink
The Curious
 User Gallery

Re: FIRST GROW: 1000w LED, Sunshine #4 - Aurora Indica (and Mexican Mids Bagseed) [Re: zzzzzz]
    #663764 - 03/27/13 11:09 AM (11 years, 3 days ago)

zzzzzz, that's definitely possible since it has UV diodes.

What do you think of the stats/price of the 1000w, are you considering an LED grow?

--------------------

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#663765 - 03/27/13 11:11 AM (11 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

Shrink said:
Have you used LEDs in a grow before PoloDown? I'm having a really hard time finding a sweet spot for the distance. It's a good bit hotter than the MH I was using so I'm worried I'll burn em. Can't find a single grow on the interwebs using a 1000 watts of LED.

Day 13 Pics:

2 genetically deformed plants were culled due to slow growth. Down to 15 plants. 10/15 repotted

yeah all i use is LED. I never get closer then 12", I usually have them about 15" away minimum.  Its really hard to say how close they should be.  I'm sure with such a powerful light like yours i would do at at least 20" away.  Im just guessing though.

My Kessil h150 can be like 6" away vs my 180w blackstar can be like 10" away, I am using an Apollo 280w ( actual watts ) but right now its like 24" away at least because Idk how truely strong it is just yet

OfflineShrink
The Curious
 User Gallery

Re: FIRST GROW: 1000w LED, Sunshine #4 - Aurora Indica (and Mexican Mids Bagseed) [Re: PoloDown]
    #663766 - 03/27/13 11:19 AM (11 years, 3 days ago)

I'm kind of klutzing around because I don't have the light adjustable or ceiling mounted. I have 2 rungs of closet bars for support. One is too close, one is too far - so I have to prop them up.

I guess I should cut the crap and mount it to the ceiling, I'm just so new to any do-it-yourself work and have few tools.

--------------------

Offlinezzzzzz
Stranger

#663769 - 03/27/13 11:34 AM (11 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

Shrink said:
zzzzzz, that's definitely possible since it has UV diodes.

What do you think of the stats/price of the 1000w, are you considering an LED grow?

Not really.  Kinda beyond my budget right now.  That and other logistic problems ....  But that price is good, esp. compared to domestic or "first world" products.  Not yet where I'd like to see it yet.  HPS/MH definitely have the value advantage.

I suspect I would make the move to HPS/MH and quit messing around with these fluorescents.  We'll see how things go with my partner (can't be done where I live).

OfflineShrink
The Curious
 User Gallery

#663771 - 03/27/13 11:51 AM (11 years, 3 days ago)

I suspect in the next few years the systems wil get more advanced and the pricing will be competitive. Another advantage of LEDs is using about 80% less energy and having a much longer lifespan.

So I think by the time this system burns out I'll have made up my money twice over.

Ordered an adjustable distance ceiling mount system. Time to stop fiddling around with my fixed closet bars!

--------------------

Offlinezzzzzz
Stranger

#663781 - 03/27/13 12:53 PM (11 years, 3 days ago)

Good on ya, Shrink!  It's true that, if they pay for themselves, that's the bottom line.

OfflineShrink
The Curious
 User Gallery

#663798 - 03/27/13 05:34 PM (11 years, 3 days ago)

Damn this sunshine mix is drying out fast as hell. Or maybe I'm not watering enough to start with? I usually water almost a liter per gallon of soil. It can't be the roots just yet, the plants just got transplanted.

EDIT: Resaturated the soil. Didn't even come close the first time I guess. Took like 6 gallons to saturate the total of 11 gallons! Poor little guys wanted water.

Next time I'll have a better idea of how much to water

--------------------

Edited by Shrink (03/27/13 08:13 PM)

OfflineShrink
The Curious
 User Gallery

#663926 - 03/28/13 06:25 PM (11 years, 2 days ago)

Moved the light from 6 inches to 18 inches (installed an adjustable ceiling mount).I think 6 was a little too close, some of the plants looked sad after transplanting too.

2 have lost turgor and look pretty dire :frown: hope they make it. Most likely due to overwatering since it took trial and error to get the new promix right (over-right lol).

New growth is yellow-er, I'm kind of freaking out. Could this be due to transplanting, introduction of nutes, or the change from MH to LED, anyone?

--------------------

Edited by Shrink (03/28/13 06:32 PM)

OfflineMaestro
Strange
Loc: Kiev, Ukraine
    #663929 - 03/28/13 06:31 PM (11 years, 2 days ago)

You should water about a 1/2 galon water per 1 gal volume

--------------------
I am Thread Killer.

OfflineShrink
The Curious
 User Gallery

Re: FIRST GROW: 1000w LED, Sunshine #4 - Aurora Indica (and Mexican Mids Bagseed) [Re: Maestro]
    #663931 - 03/28/13 06:40 PM (11 years, 2 days ago)

Thanks Maestro, thats about exactly what I did. The problem was, when I first watered the newly transplanted soil, I didn't do enough so it dried out by the next day, and even though it passed the finger in the soil moisture test - I don't think it was a good idea to fully saturate the next day.

--------------------

OfflineMaestro
Strange
    #663932 - 03/28/13 07:14 PM (11 years, 2 days ago)

You always want to fully saturate all of the soil in the container, no matter the size of the plant/pot.

Then you wait until the soil gets light, and shrinks away from the sides of the container. This is a much better way to judje moisture IMO, and it deff won't hurt the roots.

--------------------
I am Thread Killer.

OfflineShrink
The Curious
 User Gallery

Re: FIRST GROW: 1000w LED, Sunshine #4 - Aurora Indica (and Mexican Mids Bagseed) [Re: Maestro]
    #663934 - 03/28/13 07:17 PM (11 years, 2 days ago)

That sounds like a great gauge of dryness, will def use. Hopefully the yellowing of the new growth will recover, along with the stalling :frown:

--------------------

OfflineShrink
The Curious
 User Gallery

#664040 - 03/29/13 10:45 AM (11 years, 1 day ago)

Alright guys, things are not looking good.

2 plants that were dying are looking really bad, brown and wilted. The rest of the lot have completely stopped growth and all the new growth is yellow. Some of the yellow is showing up in new growth :frown:

Really hope they make it.

--------------------

OfflineMaestro
Strange
    #664041 - 03/29/13 11:13 AM (11 years, 1 day ago)

What's the temps?

And Wait, under ventilation you wrote "passive intake to attic", do you mean you have no exhaust fan?

Shouldn't have fed them anything for about a month I think. If it keeps getting worse, I'd flush and cross my fingers.

Also are you planning to keep using this soil mix? When u transplant I mean

--------------------
I am Thread Killer.

OfflineShrink
The Curious
 User Gallery

#664046 - 03/29/13 11:26 AM (11 years, 1 day ago)

Hey Maestro, I did transplant into sunshine promix - some of the problems are might be caused by root damage from it. They are all in promix #4 which is nuteless, but they were in veggie soil to start with (again not the smartest idea I've had).

I have central AC to the room which is on 24/7 (as opposed to only coming on when the temp needs changing). I also have a passive intake ducting up through the attic board, with an adequate blower to pump.

Temps are 75, humidity 50%. Light was way too close so I moved it. I don't plan on feeding until month 2 starts.

--------------------

OfflineMaestro
Strange
    #664068 - 03/29/13 12:39 PM (11 years, 1 day ago)

So you haven't been adding anything with the water? I must have misread.

Why no pics brah:rasta: ? That would help determine what's wrong

--------------------
I am Thread Killer.

OfflineShrink
The Curious
 User Gallery

#664075 - 03/29/13 01:19 PM (11 years, 1 day ago)

Yeah man just pH adjusted water and fox farms kangaroots/microbe brew for now!

One of the last ones still in the old soil and pots. Could be nute burn still since its in the veggie soil. As you can see the yellowing is clearly on the outsides. In other leaves, it was only new growth.

This ones coloring is more brown. As you can see the leaves are wilting/curling under and have lost the verdant look.

--------------------

OfflineMaestro
Strange
    #664107 - 03/29/13 06:13 PM (11 years, 1 day ago)

Looks like the smaller one is just heat/light burnt.

A cfl slipped off last grow, and ended up right above a seedling during my last grow. Looked just like that when I discovered it. Browning from the edges and "taco" leafs

--------------------
I am Thread Killer.

OfflineShrink
The Curious
 User Gallery

#664114 - 03/29/13 06:47 PM (11 years, 1 day ago)

Yeah the back of the hand test does NOT work for LEDs. Now I know lol.

Was cooking my poor little babies at 3 inches :frown: hope they make it

Do you recommend cutting off the dead/mostly dead leaves?

--------------------

Edited by Shrink (03/29/13 07:11 PM)

OfflineBamaDave
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Alabama
    #664129 - 03/29/13 08:55 PM (11 years, 1 day ago)

Hey Shrink,
I just tuned in to your grow tonight. Sunshine 4 is almost identical to Promix BX. The best way to grow with it is, PH adjusted to 6.3(if using nutes make sure it is adjusted AFTER your nutes have been added), water very slowly until you see some coming out the bottom of the container, wait a minute for the absorption, water very slowly again until you get about 10% out of the bottom of what you have put in. After that, do not water again until about the top 25% of your medium is dry. So for a 10" deep pot, about 2.5" should be completely dry. Another thing is, every time before you water, take your fingers and gently break up the crust on the top of the soil. One last thing, catch the 10% run off coming out of the bottom and test the ph. If you are low or high with the runoff, adjust your water the following time. For example, if you are ph'ing your feed to 6.3, as you should, and the runoff is at 6.0 then raise your nest watering to 6.5. That should put you in balance. When your runoff is steadily at 6.3 then continue watering at 6.3. PH is probably the most important thing to watch with soiless grows like Promix and Sunshine4, etc. I hope that helps with your grow.
Best of luck,
Bama

OfflineMaestro
Strange
    #664134 - 03/29/13 09:21 PM (11 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Shrink said:
Yeah the back of the hand test does NOT work for LEDs. Now I know lol.

Was cooking my poor little babies at 3 inches :frown: hope they make it

Do you recommend cutting off the dead/mostly dead leaves?

I try to never remove any leafs unless they're compleatly dry. The plants will get rid of the ones they don't need themselves lol:bigweed:

Try to pull Very Lightly on the leaf, if it doesn't come off right away, leave it be.

--------------------
I am Thread Killer.

OfflineShrink
The Curious
 User Gallery

#664221 - 03/30/13 11:14 AM (11 years, 19 hours ago)

Great advice BamaDave and Maestro.

I think the damage I did with the light has set me back a few weeks, but I should be okay. Next time I will be using CFLs until the plants are developed.

--------------------

OfflineShrink
The Curious
 User Gallery

#664556 - 04/01/13 01:12 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Well guys, I think I've come to a tough decision about these plants and this grow in general. If the pace doesn't pick up this week, I'm gonna keep a few of the larger, healthier plants that seemed to have recovered and possibly use them as mother plants for my next, next grow lol. Yep, planning pretty far ahead because I don't want to have to buy more seeds.

But for my next grow - I managed to cheaply acquire a CAP Monster Ebb & Grow 9 Pot set from a friend. I have more experience with outdoor growing than indoor, and hydroponics indoor than soil indoors (with peppers and tomatoes). And now that I have hydroponics equipment, I think I'll end my experiment in soil and go back to what I know. Although this will be my first time using Ebb & Flow, the Monster system is pretty easy to run.

I'll be growing 9 feminized Cali Connections - Girl Scout Cookies Strain (Thin Mint Pheno). I'm sure some of you will be excited about this strain, its my favorite! I think it lives up to all the hype and is AWESOME for anxiety/depression and sleep.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom