Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKief
Tomato Cage Fighter

600W MH/HPS 4'x4' Fem Seed Grow & Show
    #647515 - 11/23/12 01:37 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I had started some fem seeds on 11/07-ish.  The sour diesel didn't make it out of seed so here's what I have:

Blue Cheese
Sage 'n Sour
Bubblegum Kush
The Ultimate
Jack Herer
Chem Valley Kush
NL#5 x Haze

Jack and CVK fimmed today with 4 nodes, hoping for 12 main tops from each.  Pictures are 11/23.  Basils, tomatillo and tomatoes added for spice.

The chem valley wins an award for fastest out of the gate and the bubblegum kush an award for appearance - - such deep blue-green!  The NL5 x Haze is growing with some leaf malformation and vein-associated chlorosis but this might just be a wonky pheno since all the other plants on the same regime are pretty robust.

Growing in 80 coir/15 perlite/5 verm mix; fed with Botanicare pro grow in RO cut w/ 1/10 tap water and additional CaMg+.  TDS unknown...pH is somewhere crazy at below 4.5 as far as I can tell from strips...???

I know it will be a challenge to reign in all of these strains to ideal conditions for each of them, including veg/flower times, but it has been a while for me so I wanted to sample some of the exciting new genetics that are out there at the expense of total efficiency.  I plan on making some pretty sizable (~3gal) plants out of these and of course take a number of clones so that at the end of it all I have a good grasp of my setup and strains and will (hopefully) have saved some good genetic stock.

I plan on adding reg purple widow seeds to the lineup.  I will be doing a sog-type grow with them, almost right into flower, just veg long enough to take a clone then save the best and brightest for the future.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKief
Tomato Cage Fighter

Re: 600W MH/HPS 4'x4' Fem Seed Grow & Show [Re: Kief]
    #647520 - 11/23/12 03:54 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

FUCK!  In my haste to fim the sage 'n sour I ended up clipping one of those nice fresh 5-leaves clear off.  Idiot.  Should have waited.  Just couldn't stop fucking with them....

Oh well.  In nature these plants have to deal with being nibbled at by all sorts of shit.  She will bounce back, just not symmetrically.  Probably set her back a couple of days in the grand scheme of things.  I will veg for an extra day to compensate:tongue:

OfflineKief
Tomato Cage Fighter

#647985 - 11/26/12 01:50 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Nov. 26/Day 19 Veg
I have come to the conclusion that fimming is not for me.  2 of the 3 fims did not catch, essentially just mutilated the meristem and set growth back a bit.  I have now topped them like a normal human and just a few hours later the effects are clearly visible in the lower growth.  Still waiting on 4 nodes from the ultimate so I can top her - I'm glad the white speckled nute problem got cleared up after the transplant for her and she is picking up steam.  Sage 'n Sour put through some LST to compensate for my mutilation of her.  Bubblegum kush looks like dusty miller frost foliage and boy is she stout.  NL#5xHaze is a shit plant (go figure - it was the most expensive bean) but it is worth keeping around just for wtf value as she looks like it has the plant version of leprosy.  Actually the most bizarre color on the old leaves IRL.  Metallic sparkles.

And the twins:

:stoned:

OfflineKief
Tomato Cage Fighter

#648714 - 11/29/12 11:26 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Nov. 30/Day 23 Veg

The plants are going apeshit crazy!  CVK and Jack still leading the pack...but the others are ramping up....some more slowly....the NL#5 x Haze is still retarded.  At this rate half the cab will be full of CVK before I even realize it!  I've never had plants grow this quick, I'm thinking I might have to flower earlier than expected. #firstworldproblems  Nutes bumped up to double for the ones that needed it this feeding. (10mL CaMg+/10mL LK/20mL pro grow per 4L R.O.) Still on 20/4.

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #648775 - 11/30/12 12:27 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

plants are lookin good man. I like the pic of the bubblegum kush :gethigh:

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

OfflineKief
Tomato Cage Fighter

Re: 600W MH/HPS 4'x4' Fem Seed Grow & Show [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #648944 - 12/01/12 08:17 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Dec. 1/Day 24 Veg
Decided to shake up the room a bit and give the girls more space.  Did some much-needed LST on Jack.
:nyan:  :nyan:  :nyan:

OfflineKief
Tomato Cage Fighter

#649340 - 12/04/12 01:29 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Dec. 3/Day 26
Watered a few of the dry pots today.  I guess I might have overdone the nutes just a bit last time since there is some pitting in the leaves.  Did a mix of 7mL CaMg+/10mL LK/10-12mL PG (depending on plant; sour sage got high dose).  Things are looking good, the tomatillos and tomatos are starting to flower and the basil is producing like mad too.  :smile:

OfflineKief
Tomato Cage Fighter

#649496 - 12/04/12 10:46 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Dec. 5/Day 28 veg

3 reg purple widow seeds popped.  These will go under flower with the rest of the girls soon.  How big should I push these ladies before I bloom them???

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

#649634 - 12/05/12 04:38 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

How tall is your tent? I'd be concerned with stretch. Especially since you're running so many different strains. would it be possible to remove the veggies and REALLY tie those girls down?

--------------------

OfflineKief
Tomato Cage Fighter

#649652 - 12/05/12 06:27 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

It's a 6-foot tall tent.  I plan on removing the extra plants for bloom.  I am restricting the height on all of these girls to about 10" by topping (except the bg kush and maybe the nlxhaze) and side growth has been kept tied to a maximum height.  I would like to fill up the 4x4 footprint about 80% with these ladies, with the last 20% of the room dedicated to the purple widow seedlings (SoG from seed style).

I have the girls pretty well tied down right now.  Should I wait until I have 100% floor coverage before I flip the switch?  Or will it fill out to a reasonable extent?  I can deal with a bit of a crowdy room, I can always thin things out or supercrop the colas to manage height, but I'd hate to waste space.

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

#649749 - 12/06/12 07:38 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

It will definetly fill out reasonably, but as long as you can regulate your humidity during flower...I wouldn't flip the lights until the floor disappears. It'll be interesting to see those pw's grow along side your other girls.

Hope you wind up with 3 ladies. purple widow sounds :homerdrool:

--------------------

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
    #649753 - 12/06/12 07:50 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I's watching

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineKief
Tomato Cage Fighter

Re: 600W MH/HPS 4'x4' Fem Seed Grow & Show [Re: mhbound]
    #649892 - 12/07/12 07:06 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I'm not too worried about either humidity or heat for this run.  The room is in a cold basement and winter makes indoors here dry as a bone. 30% RH max usually these days :wink:

I think I will veg out for another week, maybe hit the switch next weekend or so.  The PW... well... 3 have popped so far but I planted 20 seeds so the room will be full regardless :wink:

I'll throw some pics up tonight of the current state of affairs.

:::UPDATE:::
Here's some greenery for y'all:

The second pic depicts my supercropping (to keep an even canopy) of the sage x sour (pic 3).  I tied Jack right da fuck down (4) and choked on the cvk (5) and blue cheese too.  Broke down and nipped the tip of the BG kush, she was just getting too tall.  These girls are all starting to impose on one another.  Seeds are popping and autumn is descending on the tent soon...

Edited by Kief (12/07/12 08:09 PM)

OfflineKief
Tomato Cage Fighter

#650867 - 12/12/12 11:09 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Dec. 12/Day 35 Veg

The girls that are sick are still growing vigorously, so they don't appear as sick as they are.  Autumn will be flipped when the plants in small pots get transplanted to bigguns (hopefully this week).  The question is to clone the sage x sour mom who frankly is the only outperforming one of the bunch (top left).  I am adding more tap water (extreme hard) to my RO water in an attempt to buffer the pH for the sick plants but it is almost impossible to tell what affect its having.  Must flush soon and get a pH meter but until then laziness will have to do.

Offlinegorlax
Stranger
 User Gallery

#652138 - 12/20/12 06:16 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

mm Sage n Sour! i copped some of that from local dispensary and found a seed planted it, to me missexing it and trashing her! :/ back when I was a newb! It was some DANK tho. Plants look good tho, what makes u think they are sick?? The Sage n sour is gonna stretch mad too

OfflineKief
Tomato Cage Fighter

Re: 600W MH/HPS 4'x4' Fem Seed Grow & Show [Re: gorlax]
    #653035 - 12/28/12 01:06 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Dec. 27/Day 13 Flower

Total veg time: 38 Days
Males culled: Bubblegum Kush, Jack Herer (BOTH SUPPLIED IN FEM FORM FROM THE BULLDOG SEEDS)
I have 5 mommas left, plus 4 seedlings.  HPS bulb put in for flowering, plants have stretched huge in the past week and a half.  Actually might have been too crowded in here if all those plants were females.  All are in the big pots now (next grow run will go bigger ie. 5gal+).  pH issue is solved as much as I care to solve it at this point - a blend of 50/50 distilled and tap seems to buffer the high dose nutes I'm giving nowadays(10mL grow, 15mL bloom, 2-3mL hydroplex, 10mL LK).  CaMg+ dropped from the menu so I'm going to get some molasses soon to kick some carbs/iron back into the media (is this really necessary??).  Just installed a new fan in the room to keep that air moving as flowering proceeds, so there is a 6" ground fan that moves the air up through the thick canopy and a big room fan hanging from the tent frame.  ~200cfm is still being evacuated from the vicinity of the bulb and waterings take place every 3 days or so of late.  Pistils are visible but I was expecting just a bit more maturity at almost two weeks in.  Not worried about it.  Extremely excited to see how these plants develop in the near future.  Without adue:

Sage n' Sour:

Chem valley kush:

The Ultimate:

Blue Cheese:

NL5 x Haze:

And a group shot:

There is also some gummivore activity going on, scaly bugs or something; there are tiny, shiny looking but dry and crispy lesions that fall off the stem of the sage n' sour and are surrounded by a halo of darker green plant tissue.  Forgot pics.  These sound familiar to anyone?

OfflineKief
Tomato Cage Fighter

#653701 - 01/04/13 05:38 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Jan. 4/ Day 21 Flower

Ladybugs ordered and should be here next week to help with the scale insects.  Feedings have been increased to a current use of 10mL LK/10mL grow/17.5mL bloom/4mL hydroplex and the height gain on these plants is still huge (supercropped the nl5xhaze for this reason).  Bud formation has been significant this past week.  The ladies are starting to express their personalities, with the chem valley kush and blue cheese keeping their height in check.  Also, of the 4 PK plants, 3 were male :frown:  So I might get a gram of weed out of that pack if I'm lucky in the end.  Anyways here are the pics:

NL5 x Haze:

Sage n Sour:

CVK:

The Ultimate:

Blue Cheese:

aaaaaaand a CVK budshot:

:awesomenod:

InvisibleP-O

#654121 - 01/07/13 11:43 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

:hi5:
nice work

OfflineKief
Tomato Cage Fighter

Re: 600W MH/HPS 4'x4' Fem Seed Grow & Show [Re: P-O]
    #654414 - 01/09/13 05:17 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks man.
But the show's not over till the fat ladies chop.

Jan 9/Day 26 Flower

Last feeding 01/06: (for 4 plants)
10L tap 6L RO
30mL grow
80mL bloom
20mL hydroplex
40mL LK

Waterings taking place every 4 days.  Handful of ladybugs put in last dark cycle and they are very active now.:grin:
I placed a circular cutout of charcoal filter pad material (aquarium supplies) into the fan intake to keep the bugs from straying into the filter.  No way there's enough food in there for them so if those are scale insects on the sage 'n sour, they're fuckin' done for.
The buds are starting to look awesome - - blue cheese is stretching a bit but I suspect that's because it's crowded out on all sides.  Sry no pics.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #654478 - 01/09/13 10:07 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

:popcorn:
I'm here to watch the show!

Hey, if I post a basic template, would you be willing to post smoke reports for a few of those strains once they're cured?  We don't really have a place to do that on the forums, but I think it makes a good conclusion in the grow logs.
If not, no biggie.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds