Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBudGrower
Stranger
Re: Moving across state with the garden in bloom.... [Re: Tank333]
    #648611 - 11/29/12 06:17 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I moved a SCROG grow earlier this year. This was 2 cabinets with plants in flower, half a dozen clones and momma. I used a 26' truck. The night before moving day I loaded the grow into the attic space above the truck cab with the grow. Everything went into the 2 - 2'x2'x3' cabs. I used empty pots to keep the grow pots in place and secured Mom and kids as best as I could, gave them all a big drink and covered them up.

Next day I hired 2 people to help load they came and we loaded the truck by late afternoon. I drove the 3 hours to the new place. Next morning the same two people helped unload. I had them leave before unloading the grow. Neither individual had any clue an active grow was in the truck. I unloaded the plants the next morning about 8:00am. I needed to get a place to put the cabs so I uncovered them that last night so they could get some fresh air. All told they were "moving" for a total of 60 hours. I put them back on the same cycle they were originally on.

My yield for the 2 plants was off by probably a quarter, about what I expected. However, Mom was going on 6 years old and the trip did her in before I could get clones from her. This impacted productivity later in the summer and in some ways I am still a little behind.

Now that I am in Washington, the cabs have been retired in favor of tents and with 502 passing the tents are now surrendering to rooms.... I SCROG'ed for ten years it is quite nice to let the girls spread their wings now!

I would not choose to move an active grow but if you have to it can be done. You have to expect some impact on productivity - both of these flowering plants were just starting to set buds a real poor time for a disruption of the cycle.

BG

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Moving across state with the garden in bloom.... [Re: Tank333]
    #649233 - 12/03/12 11:01 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

So how are the plants liking the move?

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies