Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleresincoatedlungs
Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

First grow, droopy leaves, edges curled down. (Pics!)
    #645972 - 11/15/12 04:41 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
Seed, from bag o' brick weed.
2. How old are your plants?
2 months, give or take a week.
3. How tall are your plants?
The two smaller ones are 21", the two taller ones are 28".
4. What size containers are they planted in?
Not sure, about 3-gallon buckets.
5. What is your soil mix?
Scotts Hyponex.
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
Every 3 or so days, been stepping it up as they were underwatered for a little while. Store-bought distilled "no minerals added" water, with 1 tbsp blackstrap molasses per gallon.
7. What is the pH of your water?
Untested
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
None.
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
No.
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
400w HPS
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
8" from the taller ones, 14" from the smaller ones.
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
Not sure, 2.5'w x 3'l
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
Temp swings from high 70's day, to ~50's at night.
14. What is the pH of the soil?
Tested with soil PH meter, 6.8.
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
None at all.
16. How much experience do you have growing?

First grow. :laugh:

I should note that these curled leaves are few and far between, but I just want to be safe!
Also, started with 5 seeds, ended up with 4 females! :psybong:

Lower leaves:

Top of one plant:

Also, some pics of the group!
:happyweed:

Edited by resincoatedlungs (11/15/12 05:22 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNameInUse
Strange
Male User Gallery

Re: First grow, droopy leaves, edges curled down. (Pics!) [Re: resincoatedlungs]
    #645979 - 11/15/12 07:36 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I'm interested to see what a TC says but if those were mine, I would be concerned with overwatering and possibly root rot. It would be good to know your runoff PH.
Also the 2nd pic looks like light burn to me.
I'm still learning so let's wait to see what the pros think.

--------------------
But then an even greater force emerged: The un! And the un un-nazi'd the world! Forever!

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: First grow, droopy leaves, edges curled down. (Pics!) [Re: NameInUse]
    #645986 - 11/15/12 10:31 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

What is the npk of that soil? Looks like it's hot(burning the plants).

Overwatering looks likely too but I still want to say that soil may be hot.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: First grow, droopy leaves, edges curled down. (Pics!) [Re: mhbound]
    #645991 - 11/15/12 12:05 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

mhbound said:

Overwatering looks likely too but I still want to say that soil may be hot.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

Re: First grow, droopy leaves, edges curled down. (Pics!) [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #646011 - 11/15/12 04:13 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

NameInUse said:
I'm interested to see what a TC says but if those were mine, I would be concerned with overwatering and possibly root rot. It would be good to know your runoff PH.
Also the 2nd pic looks like light burn to me.

I used to be pretty sparing with the watering, allowing the soil to get crispy, bone dry before watering, but they started to look bad/droopy and once I stepped up the watering, they looked better.
And waiting on PH test strips in the mail, none were found locally. :sad:
Can someone clear up what a proper watering schedule would be? And how to tell when they're ready for watering?

I should clarify, I'm pretty sure the 2nd pic burn is from when I had CFLs hanging around them and they stretched into one one night and stayed pressed up against the bulb for a couple hours, I just figured I'd take a pic anyway.

Quote:

mhbound said:

.07-.01-.03

But it does have semi-clear yellow beads in it (presumably time-release nutes.) :mad:

Edited by resincoatedlungs (11/15/12 04:15 PM)

OfflineNameInUse
Strange
Male User Gallery

Re: First grow, droopy leaves, edges curled down. (Pics!) [Re: resincoatedlungs]
    #646023 - 11/15/12 04:37 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I personally tell by lifting my pots and touching the top layer. I wait until the top is dry and poke my finger in, I water if the soil feels midly moist at knuckle depth. It could be days depending on pot size and age of plant.

--------------------
But then an even greater force emerged: The un! And the un un-nazi'd the world! Forever!

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#646028 - 11/15/12 04:45 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

From what I read that soil gets compact and doesn't allow air to reach the roots. Apparently some people have used it in the past but I would get a little better soil from now on. It is potting soil right?

Are you letting that soil get completely dry? Because of the texture the roots may be remaining wet and like someone said causing root rot. If you stick your finger in the soil down about 2 inches it Should be dry. Pay attention to the weight of the plants before and after you water so you know.

Yea those time release nutes are awful. Can you tell us exactly what the name is on the bag?

But assuming the nutrients are in check I'm retracting my answer back to overwatering... which could lead to poor nutrient uptake. The more you water the more nutrients are released from those little balls.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

#646029 - 11/15/12 04:58 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

It does seem to be lacking in perlite, and I used to let the soil get dry about an 1.5"  down, but it started to seem like I was underwatering.
Then I started to water more, and more frequently, and all the plants perked up quite a bit. Maybe I should just try to find a "balance" in watering?

The soil is:

Hyponex by: Scotts

--------------------
:psycho:

Man Eater

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#646033 - 11/15/12 05:25 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

One of the biggest problems is overwatering. That said, marijuana is a weed it can survive much better in a dry environment opposed to a wet environment.

Personally I would let it get bone dry before my next watering.

3 gallon buckets Should last longer than 3 days between waterings...for that size plant.

You could always repot with a better soil before switching over to flowering. Or you can just wing it and get through this. Of course of you repot you will need some nutrients...even though the time released are no substitute at least they have something.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

#646037 - 11/15/12 05:39 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

mhbound said:
One of the biggest problems is overwatering. That said, marijuana is a weed it can survive much better in a dry environment opposed to a wet environment.

Personally I would let it get bone dry before my next watering.

3 gallon buckets Should last longer than 3 days between waterings...for that size plant.

Noted. Will be letting them get a bit drier before the next watering, should I expect to be able to tell a difference before I water them?

They've already started flowering, all 4 are girls, had to get one male out.  :shakefist:
It's been about a week since 12/12 was started, but the first one showed sex while still under 18/6, the rest followed suit right after switching to 12/12.

--------------------

Man Eater

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#646041 - 11/15/12 05:59 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I would back off on a few watering until you get a feel for when to water. I wait until mine droop a little on top of feeling dry, there is no reason to give them something they don't need. Once you go through a couple of weeks with the new watering I bet they start growing better and you will have a better feel for when they need water so you can adjust your schedule as they grow and consume more water.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

#646045 - 11/15/12 06:28 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

:thanx:

Also, how much more do the roots grow during flowering?

I feel like I may be able to squeeze by with the smaller buckets/pots as long as root growth doesn't explode. But if I have to transplant, how dangerous is it for the plant to be transplanted during flowering?

--------------------

Man Eater

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #646047 - 11/15/12 06:42 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Root growth stops.

--------------------

-niteowl

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#646048 - 11/15/12 06:44 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

It's not a good idea to transplant during flowering, the only way I would do it is if I reverted back to vegetative growth. I would just leave them in the pots they are in.

Roots reach for nutrients and water so if they have all the water they need in the rootball then root growth isn't needed. Just something to think about when watering.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #646653 - 11/18/12 09:47 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Red petioles + Clawing / Rams Horns + darker than normal green color are usually signs of Nitrogen overdose.  The slight curling and twisting I'm seeing point to possible Ph swings as well. 

Hawks - I'm sorry but that's not true.  Root growth does not stop during the flowering phase.  It is a continual growth throughout all stages of the plant life.  Root growth may slow severely during flowering compared to veg, but, they still grow.  I go from a solo cup, to a 3 gallon bucket, as my transplant steps.  It sits in the 3 gallon bucket for 3-5 days after transplant before being thrown into 12/12.  When I'm finished my bucket is loaded with roots.  So, roots definitely grow when you flower.  Transplanting during flowering is not recommended because you're stalling your grow slightly.  The shock of the transplant may stall growth, then the fresh soil may encourage more root development than bud growth which is the opposite of what you want.

So, that is to say, you can transplant during flowering it's just not an optimal thing to do for your grow.

Quote:

This is not very true either.  That can only be ascertained if you know how quickly his soil drains.  I run hempy style buckets and by week 3 I'm watering them every other day. Sometimes by week 5 I switch to daily waterings.  That's not to say he should be watering every other day, but, its never really a good idea to give time as a unit of measure for waterings.  Do a pot lift test, to me that's easiest way to know when to water.  As long as his soil drains properly (you should lose 5-10% of whatever water you put in to have properly draining pots), and he gives them a decent amount of time to dry out and utilize the food/water, over watering is less of an issue than most people make it out to be.  As long as your soil isn't a swamp 24/7 you'll be ok in this department most times.

To the OP -  The problem here is your growing medium IMO.  It's using a time release fertilizer which is most likely very, very, powerful stuff. Unless you specifically amend the soils yourself, using any product that has a label which reads "provides continuous food for up to X months" is a no no.  You could transplant, but unfortunately I don't think that would solve your problem.  If you are providing additional food with your water I would cut down the amount you feed to compensate for what's in the soil.  Water only when your pots feel 50-75% lighter than when they are fully soaked.  Good luck!

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Edited by coda (11/18/12 09:47 AM)

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Re: First grow, droopy leaves, edges curled down. (Pics!) [Re: coda]
    #646655 - 11/18/12 09:49 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I agree with the bucket size but I looked up the soil he is using and it drains very poorly.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #646658 - 11/18/12 10:39 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

A mixture of perlite and/or some LECA(Hydroton) in the bottom of the bucket will allow any soil to drain properly. 

OP - If you really do have slow draining soil, wait until your soil is dry, you can purchase some hydroton or some large garden stones, lift the plant from the bucket, then place the LECA/Stones at the bottom and replant.  It may not be necessary now, but, it's one of the common things soil growers do to aid in drainage.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: First grow, droopy leaves, edges curled down. (Pics!) [Re: coda]
    #646665 - 11/18/12 12:57 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Well from what I've seen in my hydro setups, it pretty much stops.  There might be a little bit of growth, but it's so little that for the purposes of the question at hand it may as well not even be growing.

--------------------

-niteowl

Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

Re: First grow, droopy leaves, edges curled down. (Pics!) [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #647005 - 11/20/12 04:48 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Thank you all for the help so far!

Flushed 'em last night, and while the soil was wet, loosened up the soil by pushing in on all sides of the buckets, breaking up the solid compact mass and allowing better drainage.

Checked on them when the lights came on and the change is just astounding. Every single plant has bushed out, perked up, and almost appears to have gotten about an inch taller.

Very few of the lower leaves look bad, but the rest of the plant transformed!

:happyweed:

--------------------

Man Eater

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#647009 - 11/20/12 05:45 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Good to know. That's why we here's. :thumbup:

Keep the pics coming. :yesnod:

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #647027 - 11/20/12 11:26 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I know I'm late to the party here, but you also want to be careful with the use of the molasses.
Blackstrap is very high in Mg and will cause problems during flowering if used in excess (it will lock up critical potassium and calcium). You also want to stop the use of the molasses in the final week or two leading up to harvest, or you'll end up with a harsh smoke IME (again due to the high Mg levels).

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Edited by 81renaissance (11/21/12 11:01 AM)

Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

Re: First grow, droopy leaves, edges curled down. (Pics!) [Re: 81renaissance]
    #647208 - 11/21/12 02:45 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I was always under the impression that it was meant to be used during flowering?

--------------------

Man Eater

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #647209 - 11/21/12 02:50 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I'm gonna have to disagree with 81.  The whole point of molasses is to get the plant extra base sugars during the flowering phase.  I prefer to use some like sweet instead though.

--------------------

-niteowl

Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

#647217 - 11/21/12 04:50 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Isn't it also supposed to feed some of the beneficial bacteria that grow in the soil?

I have a pretty good grip on bacterial/fungal:mushroom2: cultures and how they thrive and have always known that sugar-based LCs (Like a Karo LC) are much more prone to bacterial contamination. (Unless you have damn-near flawless sterile technique, like mine.) :smirk:

--------------------

Man Eater

OfflineNameInUse
Strange
Male User Gallery

#647221 - 11/21/12 06:20 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

It will feed the beneficials, considering you have them. I wouldn't expect them to be too prevalent in any medium using synthetic nutrients, not from direct exprerience but I wouldn't expect them to thrive in salts. Beneficials break down organic matter into nutrients that can be taken up by the plant, feeding them carbs only helps this process.

--------------------

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #647244 - 11/21/12 10:57 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
I'm gonna have to disagree with 81.  The whole point of molasses is to get the plant extra base sugars during the flowering phase.  I prefer to use some like sweet instead though.

I should clarify that I definitely use molasses in my grows during flowering.  Molasses is a natural chelating agent that frees up organic/complex nutrients for the plant to access.  It also, as Hawk stated, is a good source of basic carbohydrates, and has trace elements which are beneficial to your grow.  What I'm cautioning against is the use of a high ratio of molasses LATE in flowering (which I didn't say above; mea culpa).  Depending on the product, molasses can contain between 7.5% and 15% chelated magnesium, which means that it is free and soluble.  This, in conjunction with another fertilizer/nutrient/additive containing magnesium can lead to the issues with harsh smoke if used late in flower.  For this reason, I gradually taper off and the molasses usage to just 1 tsp/gallon about 1-2 weeks before harvest, and give them no molasses during the final finishing week(s).
The nutrient lock I mentioned also could be a concern at any point during the grow if, as stated above, there is a lot of magnesium in your soil.  The molasses alone shouldn't cause this unless you're using way too much, but the molasses will also free up available Mg that may be present in your time-release soil. 
Again, I'm not advising AGAINST molasses, just saying to be aware of when/how much you are using in relation to your soil as a whole.

edit: apparently I was stoned when I posted my original response; I DID say to discontinue molasses when flowering!  That's not what I do, nor is it what I recommend.  Sorry for the confusion, I fixed the original post.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #647246 - 11/21/12 11:16 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

:cookiemonster:

--------------------

-niteowl

Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

#648088 - 11/26/12 05:04 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

:mindblown:
I haven't been able to find much info. on the mineral/nutrient content content of blackstrap, (Granted, I haven't looked much farther than grow articles.) so if you could either list something here, or link me to the right direction it'd be greatly appreciated.

I've been under the assumption that while it had other nutrients in it, primarily it was a source of sugars and Potassium, so this is all (helpful) news to me!

--------------------

Man Eater

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #648251 - 11/27/12 01:20 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Molasses breakdown that I found online.  Scroll down the page to see mineral content. 
You can change the drop-down menu at the top to a tbsp rather than a cup, since that's what you're actually using.

Edited by 81renaissance (11/27/12 01:30 PM)

Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

#649110 - 12/02/12 05:40 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for that!

Just a small update and question:

Flowering has completely taken off, buds are looking great so far!
:dancer:

Drooping hasn't occurred since I flushed and eased up on the watering, but the leaves are starting to look a bit worse as far as discoloration, curling, and necrotic spots.
:confused2:

The question being:
Is it possible that gnats could have caused a lot of the problems?

Because just yesterday I disovered quite a few small green ones coming out of the soil, and a few flying around.
:aweshit:

So I bought some mosquito dunks and some sand, both of which will be used tomorrow. (1/4 dunk is soaking in 1 gallon of water now.) And have already hung up sticky fly traps.

Pics soon!

--------------------

Man Eater

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #649116 - 12/02/12 05:58 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

pictures of bugs and necrotic leaves please.

I think your mix is probably way hot right now due to the potting soil's time release ferts, and the chelating quality of the molasses.  Any chance you can get a Fox Farm bagged soil and re-pot?

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

#649117 - 12/02/12 06:12 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Once the lights are on, (tomorrow) I can get pics of the leaves, but the only camera I have is a cell phone camera so I doubt it could really focus in on the bugs.

I tested the soil with a digital ph meter a while back, and it read 6.9, but I doubt the accuracy of the meter so I bought some strips instead and realized my molasses water was a little hot (~6.0)

I'll test the first couple of runoff drops tomorrow though when I water them with this mosquito dunk water. (Which I will ph test tomorrow, since it takes at least 24 hours to fully dissolve.)

Quote:

Any chance you can get a Fox Farm bagged soil and re-pot?

Not really, no where local carries it and I'm a little :tinfoil: ordering it, and I'm not sure but I can only imagine the shipping cost would be a bitch.

Edited by resincoatedlungs (12/02/12 06:17 PM)

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#649119 - 12/02/12 06:26 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

The damage already done from overwatering will not recover, the area will slowly get worse, but as long and its not happening to new growth I would not be worried.

Of course I'm saying that without seeing any pictures. Just a guess.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

#649292 - 12/03/12 06:02 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Bad leaves:

A few young bud pics!:

--------------------

Man Eater

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#649297 - 12/03/12 06:59 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

It looks like it is all affecting old growth, am I correct?

If so it appears like chemical burns(and or overwatering, possibly a combination due to overwatering), which like I said, will not heal. The new growth from what I see looks fine.

How long are they in to flowering?

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

#649300 - 12/03/12 07:20 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

For the most part, it is affecting only older growth, but the bottom right pic in the "leaves" section is newer growth that is yellowing, and kind of weak.

28 days flowering.
:bongload:

--------------------

Man Eater

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#649302 - 12/03/12 07:44 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

They will yellow as they enter the end of flowering because they are using up the remaining Nitrogen.

Is it just that one leaf? If so I wouldn't worry about it, I would still attribute it to the overwatering problems.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

#649314 - 12/03/12 09:14 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

It's a few scattered around, probably a total of 6 or 7.
Only 2 or 3 look bad now, whereas they didn't look very bad at all before. (Top 2 pics.)

--------------------

Man Eater

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #649376 - 12/04/12 09:05 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Are you feeding anything yet?  I'd say it's time to start feeding her if not.

--------------------

-niteowl

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#649390 - 12/04/12 09:32 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Yea. I honestly don't know what to say.

You have a lot of things going on, but I'm sticking to them being related to the over-watering. They won't ever be perfect, all you can do at this point is to provide what they need from here out.

Over-watering can do so much damage, from the roots, to the stems, which both affect nutrient intake.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

#649391 - 12/04/12 09:34 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Nothing more than the blackstrap molasses, but I did mix up some liquid plant food diluted to about 1/5 strength to one gallon of the water, ph balanced, just to try and give it a small boost, but haven't used it yet since they were watered just yesterday with the mosquito dunk.

The NPK of the liquid is 10-15-10, 5 drops to a gallon. (Where it's recommended 7 drops per quart.)
Sound right?

--------------------

Man Eater

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #649393 - 12/04/12 09:36 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Sounds okay, I wouldn't mix it up ahead of time.  Throw it out, and make new stuff when you need to water next time.

--------------------

-niteowl

Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

#649396 - 12/04/12 09:47 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Okay, but why not mix it up early?
Do the nutrients break down, go stale, etc.?

--------------------

Man Eater

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #649398 - 12/04/12 09:48 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

They can fall out of solution....

--------------------

-niteowl

Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

#649399 - 12/04/12 09:52 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I always shake the hell outta jugs before watering, just thinking that some could have "settled" on the bottom.
Do they go back into solution or will they remain insoluble?

--------------------

Man Eater

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #649400 - 12/04/12 09:56 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Falling out of solution is different.  You NEVER mix up ahead of time.  Just make it when you need it.

What nutrient are you using by the way?

--------------------

-niteowl

Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

#649401 - 12/04/12 10:04 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------

Man Eater

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#649402 - 12/04/12 10:08 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I actually used that stuff once, just for proof in a thread that you can use it.

Just use it veryy veryyyy sparingly.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #649403 - 12/04/12 10:09 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

VERY

--------------------

-niteowl

Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

#649405 - 12/04/12 10:14 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

How did it turn out, using the schultz?

Quote:

Just use it veryy veryyyy sparingly.

Meaning, at the strength I have it at now (5 drops - gallon), every other watering?

--------------------

Man Eater

Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

#650522 - 12/10/12 07:42 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

:bump2:
Not much of an update, but apparently the potency of this smoke is coming along just fine.

While my mom was checking them all out, (She smokes too, as much as I do, just WAY longer.) supposedly a tiny little bud off a bottom branch just happened to "fall off" :liar: and she decided to smoke it. :rolleyes: From what she said, about 1/4 bowl had her pretty good and toasted, where it usually takes a about a whole bowl of the bricked up stuff to get to the same point, and these plants are still definitely immature.

:feelshighman:

EDIT:
I'm editing this post almost a year later, to add the final report.

Dry weight was around 2 grams short of 2 ounces of bud trimmed very well. The potency was probably around %50 stronger than the brick it came from, taste, smell, etc. was greatly increased and had the classic skunk/pine taste and smell.
There were some hermie issues, but I'm not sure whether it was a light leak or poor genetics.

Overall, I'm very happy I grew these plants, as it definitely improved the quality, was a great learning experience, and the seeds (plus many more) were harvested from my late grampa's last QP. :heart:

--------------------

Man Eater

Edited by resincoatedlungs (10/11/13 02:49 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds