Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegorlax
Stranger
 User Gallery

Sea of Green Day 1
    #641533 - 10/23/12 08:17 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Ok finished my last first "real" grow a few weeks ago and was pretty happy with the results. however I began with 4 plants and was reduced to 2. Silly mistakes got me bug infestations and misidentified sex. I was trying out scrog but no way was able to fill up my screen. you really don't plan on any of the above happening if you've researched but its not that simple in reality. I yielded a half oz from one plant and an eighth from a smaller one.

New Grow 2:

Soil Mix:
Fox Farm Ocean Forest Base Medium
10 TBSP Added Bat Guano
20 TBSP Coffee Grinds
Pack of Hydroton
Pack of added perlite
endotoxin producing bacteria ( lots of this stuff to prevent larvae)
added sand on top of plants to prevent laying of eggs by flying insects.
Fungicide (free sample added)

All mixed in barrel together. I am using Mother Earth Super Tea for my bloom nutes, alternating between feedings with nutes and plain water. I have not yet found out any other additives I would like to use, with my previous grow I noticed my buds were not as huge as I would like so will toy around with some nutes such as (Big Bloom, Bud Candy, etc..) Any recommendations please post them! I want Big STICKY BUDS!

I am going to try out SOG now. Still using grow box with 250w HPS. I just got 6 clones of NYC diesel from a trusted caregiver. I plan on adding 2 more clones of Ultra dutch next week to fill last part. He is telling me this strains grows massive.

Here is a pic of the freshly planted clones. Planted them in square 3.4L containers.

I've read once the clones are 6" tall flip them to 12/12. This is what I am doing because these clones are pretty developed already. Hoping to get a better yield this go around! Any ideas on other additives to use besides the bloom nutes I got so far which is mother earths super tea made by advanced nutes.

Edited by gorlax (10/29/12 09:29 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Sea of Green Day 1 (moved) [Re: gorlax]
    #641534 - 10/23/12 08:22 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

This thread was moved from Marijuana Cultivation.

Reason:
This seems more like a grow journal, I'll just put this over here.

Offlinegorlax
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Sea of Green Day 1 (moved) [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #641568 - 10/24/12 12:00 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

hopefully they take off so I can forsure make this a grow journal!

Offlineshagdawg420
spore hunter

#642080 - 10/28/12 06:39 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

:popcorn:

--------------------
HUSTLER
How U Survive This Life Everyday Resourcefully

Offlinegorlax
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Sea of Green Day 1 (moved) [Re: shagdawg420]
    #642360 - 10/29/12 09:21 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Day 6:

Added 3 new clones. removed 1 NYC Diesel to be used as a mother. I want to save this strain! I now have 5 NYC diesels, 1 WW, and 2 Ultra Dutch's going.

The Ultras and WW were added day 6.

I have began feeding the bloom solution:
Mother Earth Super Tea Bloom to the 5 NYC diesels and the others will soon be on the same schedule.

Growth note: top left NYC diesel has grown 6cm already roughly a cm a day!! :0

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #642385 - 10/30/12 03:10 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Take a clone of every one.  That way if one out performs , which you didnt expect, then you have saved it!

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinegorlax
Stranger
 User Gallery

#642430 - 10/30/12 11:54 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I would do this if I had room. The White widow is a clone from my previous grow, however the ultras are totally new. If I had room I'd clone one. Sadly I am constrained to a box and small side box.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
    #643638 - 11/04/12 07:14 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Personally I would raise the fan a little. Not much you don't want it right on them just enough to make them flutter.

You might have it that way but from the angle in the picture it doesn't look like it.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlinegorlax
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Sea of Green Day 1 (moved) [Re: mhbound]
    #644096 - 11/05/12 09:12 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I think that is the picture. They get a nice breeze, they are far beyond the size they used to be now! I have never seen a plant grow so damn fast! look at the stretch! They are well beyond 1ft-1/2 now.
NYC

NYC hairs emerging

Ultra Dutch Hairs

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#644170 - 11/06/12 09:35 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

stretchy stretchy

Offlinegorlax
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Sea of Green Day 1 (moved) [Re: PoloDown]
    #646733 - 11/18/12 08:11 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Update:

Ultra and WW have gotten mad hairs. The NYC Diesel is just now getting lots of hairs. They have stretched a lot!! Here is a few snapshots about 25 days in.

NYC D

Overall View

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#646749 - 11/18/12 10:39 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Nice man keep it up

--------------------
Suck my balls America

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #646751 - 11/18/12 10:41 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Stretchin like a mother fucker man.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#646809 - 11/19/12 11:03 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Stretchin like a mother fucker man.

:blush:

Offlinegorlax
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Sea of Green Day 1 (moved) [Re: PoloDown]
    #646950 - 11/19/12 09:33 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I know the stretch has been insane with this strain! It is hard to see but I have had the light on chains and adjusted them to always be as close as possible without burning. The problem was that they fucking grew so fast I'd move the light to them be touching the next
day. The caregiver who I got the NYC Diesel from said that it grew extremely fast and tall! He wasn't lying! It seems they are slowing down now but compared to the ultra they had an insane stretch!

Quote:

Height can be an issue when growing Sour Diesel Cannabis Seeds as the plant does like to stretch considerably during flowering. There are a number of measures that you can use to help combat this problem and get the best possible yield from your Sour Diesel Cannabis Seeds ;

Pinch, or remove the very top shoot from your plants, this method, commonly known as ‘topping’ will encourage the side, or lateral branches to flourish, both reducing height and yet potentialy increasing the final yield.
    Bending the top shoot, rather than removing it can also reduce the stretch, as your plants will now send more of the sugars needed to build new shoots, to the lateral branches instead of just to the main shoot.
    Bypass the usual vegetative stage and as soon as your Sour Diesel Cannabis Seeds have rooted, send them straight to flower. They will still mature into 3-4 foot tall Cannabis plants.

-----update----

Ok so I have bent all the NYC diesels to aide in lower growth. One was able to bend almost horizontal the others are bent as much as I wanted to push them. I couldn't imagine snapping one now! Some got their leaves sliced up a bit in the fans and DAMN does it smell like jet fuel grapefruit! This is gonna be some serious dank! hopefully with this late LST she will develop bigger bud siteS!!

horizontal plant bend

Edited by gorlax (11/20/12 06:40 PM)

Offlinegorlax
Stranger
 User Gallery

#650839 - 12/12/12 08:28 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Wow I have came a long way now!~ around day 40 as of today!!

I am close to harvest for the two ultra dutch, they have exploded and formed massive buds. calyxs been swelling for the past  weeks and just keep stacking more on!

The NYC diesel is now just hitting bud formation stage. These are gonna take a little longer than the ultra and WW. The ww has lots of white hairs but little eye appeal. Most of the next pics are of my Ultras.

Swellly swelll!!

NYC Diesel sneak peek of latest stage. soon to be colas !! pray!!

so as of today i'm gonna have start flush of ultras prob next week. I've been peeping trichs and have seen a few cloudy. I know she has more growing to do tho. prob let her hit 60 day mark. Nyc is gonna be much longer.

I am very happy with these results! I planned on doubling my yield and can't see how that isn't going to easily happen. Each ultra his going to pull a 7+ grams easily and the other 6 plants I plan on them hitting the same range and the NYC might hit the 14+ marks.

SOG >

InvisibleGBurger717
Let me be me! I luv me some me!
Male

Loc: USA, East of Mississippi Flag
    #652034 - 12/19/12 07:30 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

looks good... keep it up

--------------------
"If only one party supports a bill, it's probably not a very good bill. If both parties support it, you can be sure that however good it seems on the surface, under the covers it's worse than you could possibly imagine" - Me myself and I 08-02-12

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty - Jefferson

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Jefferson

Offlinestalder
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Sea of Green Day 1 (moved) [Re: GBurger717]
    #652073 - 12/20/12 08:53 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Looking nice! Was wondering if you have those in a clothes tote?

Offlinegorlax
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Sea of Green Day 1 (moved) [Re: stalder]
    #652121 - 12/20/12 04:34 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks! If you mean a closet by clothes tote then yes but its inside a grow box I built that is placed inside the closet. It is relatively 2'x 4' x 5'. I designed it around the closet.:stoned:

OfflineSIGHT
Sir
Male

#652906 - 12/26/12 09:10 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

:rockon:

--------------------
"It's just a ride." - Bill Hicks

Offlinegorlax
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Sea of Green Day 1 (moved) [Re: SIGHT]
    #652921 - 12/27/12 02:55 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

:dawerp:

InvisibleP-O

#654122 - 01/07/13 11:50 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

SEXY!!!

Offlinegorlax
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Sea of Green Day 1 (moved) [Re: P-O]
    #655999 - 01/22/13 10:10 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Ultra Skunk harvested about 2 weeks ago, both ultras were some bomb ass shit! some AAA+ grade buds! Did a short cure because I could not wait! Taste was amazing and perfect white ash from my h2o2/distilled water flushes 2 weeks prior to harvest! i would recommend this strain for sure,I could see these yielding a large amount in a very abundant sea of green setup! Total yield was 13.5 for the combined plants, single colas.

White Widow hermied and was pretty non-whitewidow characteristics. Already new this but whatever she got fat then hermied, cut her and shes no drying up. Pretty gay shit! However she didn't really fuck up the other plants too bad maybe a few seeds but nothing more. Yield to be determined yet.

Now the diesel is what is left! It seems to have been growing in slow motion! I have been just slowly weening off the nutes but have added copious amounts of bat guano which is acting as my bud booster. High amounts of P. They are roughly 4ft tall! and have filled up to an insane amount! My box is about 4ft tall and 2 ft wide and is filled with buds! The smell is one of the best smells I have ever been introduced too! It is like grapefruits and sweet mandarins are growing in there! Most of my yield is coming from these NYC Diesels!

They are getting real frosty!! sugar leaves!

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #656030 - 01/23/13 02:53 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Lookin' great!
Smoke Report?

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

Loc: funkytown Flag
Re: Sea of Green Day 1 (moved) [Re: 81renaissance]
    #656453 - 01/26/13 10:31 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

party at his house! :bender:

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

Offlinegorlax
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Sea of Green Day 1 (moved) [Re: GreenHorns]
    #656563 - 01/27/13 09:04 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Frost game on steroids! Def a party over here!!

Stems have awesome pinkish color towards colas and even pink PISTILS!!

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#656661 - 01/28/13 02:21 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Read up on training your plants, if you had the plant in a better position you would get denser bud growth. Looks good, but it looks like its maturing a little early. How long have they been flowering?

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlinegorlax
Stranger
 User Gallery

#656745 - 01/28/13 09:06 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

man these things have been flowering forever!! I just sent them straight to flower when I got them so wasn't planning on doing any training but kind of did when they grew too tall. They have pretty much outgrown my box thus the reason why they are slanted. They are pretty much around 97 days into flower!! They just stretched forever and ever then finally blew up and its been exponential ever since so I'm not concerned  :blazed:  :blazed:

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

Loc: funkytown Flag
    #656747 - 01/28/13 09:11 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

97 GD days! hot damn i dont know where you get your patience. i struggle to wait anymore than 75 days.

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

Offlinegorlax
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Sea of Green Day 1 (moved) [Re: GreenHorns]
    #656766 - 01/28/13 11:39 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I know man I knew it was long for diesel but didn't expect to actually hit and surpass 100 days lol! luckily the other strains finished off in a normal pattern so I still got shit to puff on while these babies ripen. : :jah:  :blazed:

Offlinegorlax
Stranger
 User Gallery

#658739 - 02/12/13 12:59 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Update: 2/12/13

I cut one of my babies down because it got a lil burnt from the light. It was the smallest one so far. The other 4 are slowly living out their last few days. They have all been fully flushed and have EXPLODED in cola size. They don't lie when they say these things are a heavy yielder! fattest nugs I have grown by far! :stoned:

buds amazing ran out of weed so just took some to smoke, not even harsh and no cure but of course I am curing the mass of this just need something.

Invisibleledgrewer
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #658795 - 02/12/13 07:29 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

gorlax said:

I'm not highjacking your thread, I just wanted to point out that a 240 watt led has put off buds larger and some near the same size as these in sog in 1/2 gal pots.

Minus the big plant (you'd have to compare it to 24 smaller plants so they all are getting hit in the right places) the hps doesn't seem to have anything on leds right now other than penetration.

Edited by ledgrewer (02/12/13 07:37 PM)

Offlinegorlax
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Sea of Green Day 1 (moved) [Re: ledgrewer]
    #658910 - 02/14/13 12:06 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

^ maybe so but I've never grown with LED and this is my 2nd grow with this 250wHPS. I bet you could get bigger nugs but thats all based off of genetics so many variables are at play you would have to setup a controlled experiment and control every variable to prove that claim.

Offlinegorlax
Stranger
 User Gallery

#659839 - 02/21/13 11:16 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Ok I have harvested all of my plants for this grow now.

4 of the diesels are completely dried, cured, and weighed.
1 (my largest) was just cut and is drying :smile:.

The 4 diesels yielded me a little over 2oz. (2.3) Each averaged around 14.

- This strain is an amazing strain! I mean it is from a Rastafarian so you know it is some #Jah! At first it was a little scary because I could not wait for a cure and the buds were leafy and not compact. After a week and a half cure it is some top notch bud! The stickyness is on another level! The smell is just as addicting as gasloine (I love the smell of fuel) sweet grapefruit smell, pungent aroma! gahh amazing! The high is something else too! It is a cross between sour diesel and purple kush! I let most hit 15-20% amber for a more indica feel so truly I got a 50/50 indica/sativa effect. This is a bud that needs a min week cure!! The smoke is so smooth its quite remarkable! It simply taste PURE! Very proud of myself with this grow and will continue to grow this strain from the mother I have! My next grow I am going up to 400w most likely so these should double in yield!! :laugh:

BEFORE CURE!!

AFTER CURE!

Offlinemystkspiral

#659899 - 02/21/13 06:27 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

yum. nice work man. i cant wait to taste the fruits of my labor as well.

Offlinegorlax
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Sea of Green Day 1 (moved) [Re: mystkspiral]
    #659904 - 02/21/13 07:48 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

^ It's an awesome feelin' man. May sound weird but almost boosts your confidence overall but that really isn't weird either because they say people that have personal gardens are happier in general!:stoned:

Edited by gorlax (02/21/13 07:49 PM)

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#659909 - 02/21/13 09:03 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

gorlax said:
^ It's an awesome feelin' man. May sound weird but almost boosts your confidence overall but that really isn't weird either because they say people that have personal gardens are happier in general!:stoned:

i:crazy2:m always happy.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale