Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMahavatar
At Peace
Male User Gallery

Loc: Quebec
Curing - what am i doing wrong??
    #639936 - 10/10/12 10:28 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Every time I try to cure my buds they never smells as good goin into the jar as comin out, they end up with a green, hay like smell seems to have to do with moisture but doesnt seem to change no matter how dry they are goin in, texture and potency definatly improve but whats the deal with the smell this is really pissin me off, plz help

--------------------
Most people consider the course of events as natural and inevitable. They little know what radical change are possible through prayer. Every morning I offer my body, my mind and any ability that I posses, to be used by Thee, O infinite creator, in whatever way Thou dost choose to express Thyself through me. I know that all work is Thy work, and that no task is too difficult or too menial when offered to Thee in loving service.

Paramahansa Yogananda.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Curing - what am i doing wrong?? [Re: Mahavatar]
    #639937 - 10/10/12 10:49 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Mahavatar said:
Every time I try to cure my buds they never smells as good goin into the jar as comin out, help

This would mean that they are better smelling once you're done curing them.  So what's the issue. 

But If they are smelling like hay, after curing, then more than likely you need a better strain, or they need to be a bit more dry before going into the jar.

Now keep in mind it can take awhile for that smell to go away as well.  Strains sometimes need to be cured for a few weeks or longer.

The blueberry I just grew out took about 4 weeks to start stinking.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Curing - what am i doing wrong?? [Re: Mahavatar] * 1
    #639954 - 10/11/12 03:08 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

You might be cropping too early, which leaves a green-ish/grassy flavor on a lot of buds. If it smokes like alfalfa let it go another 2-3 weeks.

Leave the buds on the main stems for as long as possible then loosely put them into paper grocery bags inside plastic trash bags as they become more dry. Use that as your main control chamber; opening and closing the plastic and paper as needed every few hours.  The buds will feel moist when opening the bag, crisper when closing it--use intuition.  The idea is to let the moisture in the stem pass through the buds and as slowly as possible.  After the main stems start showing signs of snapping(but not all the way dry), then chop the buds off and jar them up for their final drying (open/closed periods for a few days) and onto curing.

As the main stems start to dry, shorten the periods of open/closed of the trash bag, and time it out so that the buds will be slightly moist still before jarring. If the main stem is all the way dry and snaps easily the buds will probably be too dry. The last few hours go much faster than you'd expect. Sometimes leaving large chunks of the main stem attached can help when your in the jar phase.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: High THC Strains