Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Sterilized Grain Bag for Spawn   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineyellownotepad
Pharmaceutical Agriculturalist
 User Gallery

adopted a sickly baby with stunted growth and yellow leaves
    #63744 - 06/22/08 12:13 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

its a few weeks old, and was living in a plastic cup filled with straight storebought potting soil, being watered with tap water, and sitting under a HPS light (i believe). 

this plant is sickly yellow/lime, and EXTREMELY small for how long it's been growing.  i brought it home, and built a box for it to recuperate in.  took the rock hard mass of old soil and moistened it, and ended up using a steak knife to break up what was essentially a dirt clod encompassing the root system. 

i put that into a pot that has the bottom lined with about 1" of vermiculite, and then filled with a mix of about 25% vermiculite, and about 5% sphagnum peat all mixed into moisture control potting mix soil.  the whole deal is sitting under a CFL that is supposed to be equivalent to 60 watts (i forget the actual CFL wattage) and is sitting about 5 inches away from the top of the plant.

can anyone tell me what is up with this plant, and what i can do to nurse it back to health?  i don't think the yellow color is due to a nutrient deficiency so much as maybe a bad watering schedule, because the dirt was ROCK SOLID suggesting it was overwatered, and then underwatered habitually.  but i could be wrong, and thus i'm here.

Edited by yellownotepad (06/22/08 12:15 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: adopted a sickly baby with stunted growth and yellow leaves [Re: yellownotepad]
    #63779 - 06/22/08 01:06 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

It definitely looks like its suffering from nutrient deficiency, which could have been due to the roots suffering from the conditions as you described. Anyways, as far as bringing it around, the MG Moisture Control should have adequate nutrients for it for a good while, so the most important thing is to just make sure you're watering right and keeping the soil arable.

I'd recommend moving the CFL closer, or, of course, moving the plant closer to the CFL. :lol: You'll benefit more from having the bulb positioned horizontally, because more light is being emitted from the sides than from underneath the top of the bulb. An inch or two distance should be fine as long as there isn't too much heat on the plant as a result. You're better off using a flat white surface, or at least the other side of the tin foil, than how you have it now. Tin foil is horrible as reflective material for grows due to all of those creases you see there, causing light to be reflected at oblique angles. Mylar is much better, but a flat white surface is great too.

A 60 watt equivalent (which should be 13 watts), isn't going to be enough for the plant, although the one you have now will probably work until you can replace it. Anything under 20 watts shouldn't be used, but the real thing to look for is the lumens, as listed on the package. You're going to want at least 2000 lumens for that plant. Another thing to look for is the color temperature of the bulb. For vegetative state, you'll want a 6500k daylight bulb. The bulb you have now might be 2700k, considering how orange it is looking, but I couldn't be certain. Anyways, you'll definitely want to get a new one or two. :wink:

What kind of ventilation do you have set up for that grow space?

--------------------

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: adopted a sickly baby with stunted growth and yellow leaves [Re: Sirius]
    #63784 - 06/22/08 01:21 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

you're right, i found the package and its 13 watts.  the lumen rating is 800.  i cannot find the color temperature but the bulbs are 'soft white'.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: adopted a sickly baby with stunted growth and yellow leaves [Re: yellownotepad]
    #63789 - 06/22/08 01:25 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

and as far as ventilation, a 35cfm pc fan blowing air in from the side straight at the plant.

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #63797 - 06/22/08 01:33 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Yep, you'll definitely want to get that replaced as soon as you can. The soft white won't give it enough blue light to keep it for stretching to look for it. You mentioned it was too small for how long it was growing, how long had it been growing (just out curiosity :wink:)?

Will you be growing more plants?

--------------------

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#63805 - 06/22/08 01:43 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

i think the plant is about 6 or 7weeks old, but i don't know for sure. 

i will search for what the appropriate CFL is to use, but if someone wants to just tell me in here, i won't complain :smile:

i plan on growing more plants, but need to make a doctor visit in order to finish the process of getting my medical license before i get some clones.  i already own a 400w HPS light, 2'x2' ebb-flow grow system, and lots of nutrients.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#63806 - 06/22/08 01:47 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

oh and i found a marking on the bulb itself, color temp is 3000K

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #63814 - 06/22/08 01:59 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

yellownotepad said:
i will search for what the appropriate CFL is to use, but if someone wants to just tell me in here, i won't complain :smile:

A 23 watt is probably the lowest wattage you want, but check the lumens. At least 2000. It'll have to be daylight 6500k. :wink:

--------------------

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: adopted a sickly baby with stunted growth and yellow leaves [Re: Sirius]
    #63818 - 06/22/08 02:12 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

alright.  so i want 2000 lumens worth of 6000-6500K light on this plant, within a couple inches of the top.  about how long should i wait  for the color to come back into the leaves?  and is it safe to say that the plant does not need more nutrients now that it is in the new and proper soil?

thanks sirius!

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#64083 - 06/22/08 08:55 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

just installed a 26 watt 6500k bulb!  is it possible a mod could do something so i could just make this thread into my grow log?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: adopted a sickly baby with stunted growth and yellow leaves (moved) [Re: yellownotepad]
    #64148 - 06/22/08 10:36 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

This thread was moved from Doctor's Diagnosis.

Reason:
moved by request

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: adopted a sickly baby with stunted growth and yellow leaves (moved) [Re: coda]
    #64237 - 06/22/08 11:36 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

alright so this will now be my grow journal.

got 7 bag seeds from some orange crush my sister got (7 seeds out of 2 ozs).  hopefully they germinate, i'm no expert but they look a little smaller than seeds i have had in the past.

the super silver haze is now under 26 watt 6500k cfl running 24/7.  here are some better photos of that plant as of a few minutes ago:

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: adopted a sickly baby with stunted growth and yellow leaves (moved) [Re: yellownotepad]
    #64526 - 06/23/08 12:14 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

some new growth is showing around the dead leaves' nodes!

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #64548 - 06/23/08 12:55 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Ahh dude, that is cool as hell. :bigweed:

With that rubbermaid tub, do you have a hole somewhere else, or another fan acting as an extractor? I think you were saying you were using that fan that shows to blow on them, just wondering if the air has a place to vent out as well.

Quote:

yellownotepad said:
alright.  so i want 2000 lumens worth of 6000-6500K light on this plant, within a couple inches of the top.  about how long should i wait  for the color to come back into the leaves?  and is it safe to say that the plant does not need more nutrients now that it is in the new and proper soil?

I'm not sure how long it would take, probably a couple days if the leaves were still healthy enough, and I think that the soil should have enough nutrients for it for awhile. :wink:

--------------------

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: adopted a sickly baby with stunted growth and yellow leaves (moved) [Re: Sirius]
    #64562 - 06/23/08 01:24 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

for letting air escape, right now i have the lid suspended about 6 inches over the bin with some gaps between the foil shrouding to let O2 escape (CO2 heavier than O2 is my theory here, like a reverse monotub).

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #64758 - 06/23/08 07:33 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

yah, if that pc fan is fast enough it should be more then enough from that space.

Looks like your problems stemmed from lack of root space.  Happened to me my first grow.  Seedlings just yellowed and died.  Soon as i transplanted the last few seedlings in new pots they bounced back.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: adopted a sickly baby with stunted growth and yellow leaves (moved) [Re: coda]
    #64773 - 06/23/08 07:50 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:

Looks like your problems stemmed from lack of root space. 

not my problems! the previous owner did it!!  im just trying to fix it :smile:

Invisiblemel_lonta_tauda
Male User Gallery
Loc: the sun
    #65169 - 06/24/08 11:06 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

that's an awful lot of wiring there.  ya might wanna keep an eye on that before the house goes up in flames :shrug:

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: adopted a sickly baby with stunted growth and yellow leaves (moved) [Re: mel_lonta_tauda]
    #65384 - 06/24/08 10:04 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

the wiring is fine, its just unused wires because im using a pc power supply to run the one fan. 

the plant looks literally almost identical to when i last posted photos, except i burned two of the fan leaves on accident when i was changing the bulb height because i let the bulb touch them for like 5 min.  how much longer should it take for the little new growth leaves to get bigger?

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#68809 - 06/30/08 12:25 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

no pics for now since my roommate is out of town and his camera is way better than mine, but an update:  the leaves are all dark green now!  they have gotten bigger, the new growth is opening up and growing, and the leaves are all rigid and upright now!  i think this is a good sign :smile:

Offlineandrewss

#68814 - 06/30/08 12:56 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

yellownotepad said:
just installed a 26 watt 6500k bulb!  is it possible a mod could do something so i could just make this thread into my grow log?

What sorts of places around town carry these sorts of bulbs? Would you find it in a place like lowes/homedepot ?

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: adopted a sickly baby with stunted growth and yellow leaves [Re: andrewss]
    #68823 - 06/30/08 01:27 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Yes or an Ace Hardware, True Value or even at some grocery stores, Walgreens... All over the place man just read the packaging thats all!

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #68841 - 06/30/08 03:00 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

yellownotepad said:
no pics for now since my roommate is out of town and his camera is way better than mine, but an update:  the leaves are all dark green now!  they have gotten bigger, the new growth is opening up and growing, and the leaves are all rigid and upright now!  i think this is a good sign :smile:

That sounds great dude! Glad they are fast on the road to recovery. :super:

--------------------

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: adopted a sickly baby with stunted growth and yellow leaves [Re: andrewss]
    #68898 - 06/30/08 10:09 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

andrewss said:

What sorts of places around town carry these sorts of bulbs? Would you find it in a place like lowes/homedepot ?

i got mine at target

OfflineDoitagain
Smoothie therapist
Male User Gallery

Loc: i am everywhere and nowhe...
    #70354 - 07/02/08 05:38 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

just FYI for everybody the guy who he adopted this plant from was me.  i'm a terrible grower lol, i really need to read up on basic horticulture and such next time i attempt a grow but it won't be for a while since the electric bills were so high and i really cant afford to pay them.  plus i was getting sketched out about growing in my apt.

so yeah i'm a terrible grower and i seriously abused my bud plant.  My only defense is i was following my roommates advice because he claims to have grown before.  Though after what happened to the plant i think hes full of shit.

--------------------
ltd said:
fgts just don't understand

keep the shit

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#70922 - 07/03/08 01:33 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

picture update!  :awesome:

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: adopted a sickly baby with stunted growth and yellow leaves (moved) [Re: yellownotepad] * 1
    #71004 - 07/03/08 02:22 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Nice work man, way to save a baby!  The world is always better with one more plant living... Now you just gotta try to take care of 30 of those suckers, its not too much different. heh just fucking around good work man keep it up and she'll shoot up in no time.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: adopted a sickly baby with stunted growth and yellow leaves (moved) [Re: Inverted]
    #71053 - 07/03/08 08:05 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

you may have that seedling too close to the light, or you may be having a PH problem.  See how your leaves margins are curling upwards?

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #71064 - 07/03/08 08:21 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

just look how close it is in that one picture. it's not even an inch away

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: adopted a sickly baby with stunted growth and yellow leaves (moved) [Re: captain.koons]
    #71066 - 07/03/08 08:25 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

the margins are only curling upwards on the topmost set of leaves.  should i raise the light?  it doesnt seem to be burning the leaves, but maybe i'm just too new to know this.

i'm watering with the water adjusted to a pH of 6.  is that too acidic?

Edited by yellownotepad (07/03/08 08:28 AM)

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #71071 - 07/03/08 08:36 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

ideal is 6.2 for something that size I believe.

6 should be basically bang on.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: adopted a sickly baby with stunted growth and yellow leaves (moved) [Re: captain.koons]
    #71119 - 07/03/08 09:30 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

should i raise the light?

yes, move it up a couple of inches.  If you don't have a small circulating fan in the cabinet you might want to add one.  Also, 6.0 might be a tad bit too acidic.  I'd aim for 6.2-6.5.  Ph probably isn't the problem here, it's more likely to be heat, but you never know.

--------------------

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#71169 - 07/03/08 10:18 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

i'm using a colored indicator to test and adjust, how do i go for 6.5?  look for the color that is a mix of the 6 color and 7 color? lol.  i moved the light up about 2 inches this morning before going to work.  and yes i have a fan recirculating, if you look at the beginning of the thread you can check out the box i have it in.

OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

Loc: emerica
    #71175 - 07/03/08 10:22 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

nice work yellow.

u've quite the green thumb.

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

They should teach african engineering at the college level.  mcgyver 101

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: adopted a sickly baby with stunted growth and yellow leaves (moved) [Re: MFDoom666]
    #71206 - 07/03/08 10:40 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

do you guys think this plant is gonna go hermie if it was in fact a female before?  it seems to hve made a pretty good recovery.... and about how much longer should i keep it in vegetative? its almost 9 weeks old now but still small.  what if i put it into 12/12 in about a month? will it get big/healthy enough by then, given its history?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #71207 - 07/03/08 10:42 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

can't really tell you if it's going to hermie or not.  Any type of stress on a plant is not good, but chances are you'll be ok.  I would wait until you see preflowers before flipping the lights.

--------------------

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#71212 - 07/03/08 10:52 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

alright, i'll read up on preflowers.  with what the plant has been throuhg, about where is it in its lifecycle now?  i would assume it isnt at the same developmental stage as a plant the same age that has been healthy its whole life.  is my plant now equivalent to a 3 wk old healthy plant or something like that?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #71217 - 07/03/08 10:58 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

sounds about right, can't tell you for sure though.

that's a female preflower.

--------------------

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#71287 - 07/03/08 11:57 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

now that i've gotten out of the woods with this plant i really wanna get my hands on some seeds!  if someone feels like talking to me over pm about some seed questions i have, feel free to shoot a message over

Offlineandrewss

#71891 - 07/04/08 12:41 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Nice work mang, keep it up :laugh:

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#72476 - 07/04/08 08:32 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

here's a question:  i noticed today some reddish streaking on certain parts of the plant.  here's one of the 'branches' that it is on

is this normal or an indicator of trouble brewing?

and an overview of the plant today:

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #72829 - 07/05/08 05:19 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

are you feeding your plants anything?  Your leaf tips are being burned, that's usually a sign of overfeeding.  Reddish/purplish streaking is common, although in certain cases this can be a sign of a problem.  In your case it shouldn't be anything bad.

--------------------

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#73291 - 07/05/08 11:57 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

the burnt tips are from when the entire plant was yellow (check out the first photos i posted of this plant).  for some reason teh leaves went back to green but the very tips are still yellow.  i have yet to feed the plant anything other than water.  the soil is just mgmc with some verm and a little sphagnum.

OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

Loc: emerica
    #73347 - 07/06/08 01:12 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

post more pics of taht JB in here bro.

c'mon man this is teh growery aftr all.

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

They should teach african engineering at the college level.  mcgyver 101

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: adopted a sickly baby with stunted growth and yellow leaves (moved) [Re: MFDoom666]
    #73434 - 07/06/08 03:29 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

oh shit! preflowers are forming already...what do i do now?  and it looks like i have a female? maybe?

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#77679 - 07/10/08 12:23 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

photo update!  i think i watered it a little too much this time (although not too early) as the leaves are slumping over a little now about an hour after i watered.  also i think i'm definitely seeing female preflowers...maybe?

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#77845 - 07/10/08 01:16 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Nice work bro! You really kicked ass and turned that nearly dead baby into a bushy beauty! Really looks healthy and congrats on the female! I just brought 2 ladies to the table myself, hoping to keep up the luck with NO MALES!!!  My 2 largest so far are the females.  :wink:

Hope that shit gets you baked someday soon, I can't wait for harvest time...Only 3 more months :lol:

--------------------

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: adopted a sickly baby with stunted growth and yellow leaves (moved) [Re: Inverted]
    #77884 - 07/10/08 01:35 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

thanks!  i read your growlog so the comment means a lot :smile:

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #78032 - 07/10/08 10:45 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

also i think i'm definitely seeing female preflowers...maybe?

not yet, but your nodes are alternating.  Keep an eye out man, they'll show up.

--------------------

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#78050 - 07/10/08 11:02 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

so if they aren't preflowers, what are those little spike looking bits at the nodes in the 3rd picture down on my last photo post?  they cant be tiny leaves since leaves wouldnt grow out of a spot like that.  i'm a noob so i don't have a clue what they are

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#78067 - 07/10/08 11:11 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Quote:

also i think i'm definitely seeing female preflowers...maybe?

not yet, but your nodes are alternating.  Keep an eye out man, they'll show up.

If you look closely on the left side of the node there is a hair coming out with the skinny pear shaped calyx.  It looks identical to the one I just spotted on 2 of mine!  Look at it in my picture it looks the same...

BTW this is mine here \/\/\/\/

--------------------

Edited by Inverted (07/10/08 11:14 AM)

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#85977 - 07/17/08 01:32 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

no pictures yet but a verbal update:

i took 4 cuttings and ahve them (hopefully) rooting in 1" rockwool cubes, one of those was the top, and if my research is correct, cutting the very top top down to the next node will end up giving me a bushier mother as well, yes?

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#85979 - 07/17/08 01:41 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Yes that is called Topping and it will give you two growth tops instead of only one, doubling the amount of branches on the plant and giving you more smaller buds than one huge cola

I just topped this one a couple weeks ago

--------------------

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#91117 - 07/23/08 10:33 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

the clones are rooting! i pulled one out of its rockwool cube carefully, AND THERE WERE ROOTS.

and on top of that, all i did was cut them off, and put them in rockwool.  straight up tap water and nothing else.  no rooting hormone or anything! :awesome:

i also tied down teh 4 growth tops that are going since i topped the mother plant, and the thing has a pretty good canopy going.  this picture sucks bigtime, but here we go

and yes, in the upper left thats a seedling.  i started it from a bagseed my friend got, and hopefully since i have my hands on it from day 1, it will grow even better than my first adopted plant! 

question of the day:  i have the 4 super silver clones that i took from that main plant rooting in rockwool, but i discovered i can pull them out right now without damaging the young roots.  i have a 2'x2' ebb-flow hydro system laying around as well.  do i keep those clones in rockwool and grow them out as hydroponic, or put them into soil?  the bag seed and the adopted plant are both in soil already, so i dunno what i should do.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #91173 - 07/23/08 12:45 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

well, technically you can do both.  If you want to get your feet wet in different areas of cultivation, go for both methods if you have room and patience for it.  If you want to focus on a specific area of cultivation, choose one method and go with that.

It's really all up to you, and what you want to do.  Keep in mind that you will have to be nutrients that can work in a hydro system if you go that way, that is a requirement, not an option.

--------------------

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#92162 - 07/24/08 03:05 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

pictures tomorrow when i get around to it. 

the 4 clones are rooted up, and i plugged them into 6" rockwool cubes and set up the hydro system with  1/4 cup advanced nutrients grow/micro/bloom (1/4 cup of each) for 15 gallons of water.  mixed up a soil mix and put the one seedling in a bigass (to me) pot of the new lovely soil.  one 23w CFL is sitting right above the clones, and the other is right above the young'un in soil.  i gotta go buy more sockets / cords / CFLs tomorrow.  i hung up my 400w hps and turned it on for all of an hour but temps were skyrocketing even with a 20" box fan running.  i think im going to have to go all CFL on this grow, i just dont have a way to be constantly moving air in and out of there... :-(  anyone got advice on that?  i'm thinking i'm gonna go with probably a 23w 6500k CFL for each of the clones and the seedling, and 2 or 3 for the big plant.....

OfflineHarmoney
Stranger than you
Female User Gallery

#92267 - 07/24/08 09:55 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

your plant looks good now

--------------------
love the pink monster

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: adopted a sickly baby with stunted growth and yellow leaves (moved) [Re: Harmoney]
    #93113 - 07/25/08 01:30 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

verbal update:  i ordered 10 seeds of nirvana's 'blue mystic' from dr chronic today.

OfflineHarmoney
Stranger than you
Female User Gallery

#94821 - 07/27/08 07:09 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

hope to see more of your plant soon i hope it is doing really good and is big if i may ask what kind of soil are you useing

--------------------
love the pink monster

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: adopted a sickly baby with stunted growth and yellow leaves (moved) [Re: Harmoney]
    #95230 - 07/28/08 12:18 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

for the one that i rescued, its just miracle grow moisture control, with vermiculte, perlite, and a little bit of sphagnum peat.

OfflineHarmoney
Stranger than you
Female User Gallery

#95374 - 07/28/08 10:05 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

that is awsome do you have any new pics of it? and when is it going to bloom? is it even that far yet?

Moderator edit: Removed unrelated material.

--------------------
love the pink monster

Edited by Sirius (07/28/08 01:52 PM)

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#104307 - 08/06/08 12:30 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

update:  this pic is complete shit and i promise i will get back to posting good pictures soon.  this is the same plant from the beginning of the thread.  when i get a chance i'll snap a picture of hte 3 clones of it in my hydro system.  im still not flowering, i think im gonna keep the original plant in veg, and the clones arent big enough yet

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#105546 - 08/07/08 01:28 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

pic update from last night (sorry, my phone sucks.)

the closet as it is right now:

from left to right:  bagseed from kushy street weed, super silver haze mother, 3x super silver haze clones.

the super silver haze clones are doing well! they were shorter than those little stakes when i rooted them!

one of the leaves on one of the clones is showing signs of nute burn i think:

and look what my gf is letting me borrow :awesome:

InvisibleUns4ne
King of Twisted Irony
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #106305 - 08/08/08 04:18 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

From

To

Excellent save.:awesome:

--------------------
Fighting Terrorism One Seed At A Time
Big Bang, Arjan's Haze #3 Growlog
My First Grow(Complete)
Never let school get in the way of your education.-Mark Twain

Invisiblelukeduke711

#122767 - 09/15/08 10:38 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

good for u

Edited by lukeduke711 (09/15/08 10:38 PM)

OfflineDoitagain
Smoothie therapist
Male User Gallery

Loc: i am everywhere and nowhe...
Re: adopted a sickly baby with stunted growth and yellow leaves (moved) [Re: Uns4ne]
    #123666 - 09/18/08 06:51 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Uns4ne said:
From

To

Excellent save.:awesome:

yeah, now its even bushier and more beautiful

--------------------
ltd said:
fgts just don't understand

keep the shit

OfflineRustyShaklford

Re: adopted a sickly baby with stunted growth and yellow leaves (moved) [Re: Doitagain]
    #124930 - 09/23/08 12:11 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Cool lil project thur saving that plant from eternal darknessnessnessnes +5 :ganja:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Sterilized Grain Bag for Spawn   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates