Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineyellownotepad
Pharmaceutical Agriculturalist
 User Gallery

Re: adopted a sickly baby with stunted growth and yellow leaves (moved) [Re: yellownotepad]
    #72476 - 07/04/08 08:32 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

here's a question:  i noticed today some reddish streaking on certain parts of the plant.  here's one of the 'branches' that it is on

is this normal or an indicator of trouble brewing?

and an overview of the plant today:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: adopted a sickly baby with stunted growth and yellow leaves (moved) [Re: yellownotepad]
    #72829 - 07/05/08 05:19 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

are you feeding your plants anything?  Your leaf tips are being burned, that's usually a sign of overfeeding.  Reddish/purplish streaking is common, although in certain cases this can be a sign of a problem.  In your case it shouldn't be anything bad.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: adopted a sickly baby with stunted growth and yellow leaves (moved) [Re: coda]
    #73291 - 07/05/08 11:57 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

the burnt tips are from when the entire plant was yellow (check out the first photos i posted of this plant).  for some reason teh leaves went back to green but the very tips are still yellow.  i have yet to feed the plant anything other than water.  the soil is just mgmc with some verm and a little sphagnum.

OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

Loc: emerica
    #73347 - 07/06/08 01:12 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

post more pics of taht JB in here bro.

c'mon man this is teh growery aftr all.

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

They should teach african engineering at the college level.  mcgyver 101

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: adopted a sickly baby with stunted growth and yellow leaves (moved) [Re: MFDoom666]
    #73434 - 07/06/08 03:29 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

oh shit! preflowers are forming already...what do i do now?  and it looks like i have a female? maybe?

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#77679 - 07/10/08 12:23 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

photo update!  i think i watered it a little too much this time (although not too early) as the leaves are slumping over a little now about an hour after i watered.  also i think i'm definitely seeing female preflowers...maybe?

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #77845 - 07/10/08 01:16 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Nice work bro! You really kicked ass and turned that nearly dead baby into a bushy beauty! Really looks healthy and congrats on the female! I just brought 2 ladies to the table myself, hoping to keep up the luck with NO MALES!!!  My 2 largest so far are the females.  :wink:

Hope that shit gets you baked someday soon, I can't wait for harvest time...Only 3 more months :lol:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: adopted a sickly baby with stunted growth and yellow leaves (moved) [Re: Inverted]
    #77884 - 07/10/08 01:35 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

thanks!  i read your growlog so the comment means a lot :smile:

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #78032 - 07/10/08 10:45 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

also i think i'm definitely seeing female preflowers...maybe?

not yet, but your nodes are alternating.  Keep an eye out man, they'll show up.

--------------------

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: adopted a sickly baby with stunted growth and yellow leaves (moved) [Re: coda]
    #78050 - 07/10/08 11:02 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

so if they aren't preflowers, what are those little spike looking bits at the nodes in the 3rd picture down on my last photo post?  they cant be tiny leaves since leaves wouldnt grow out of a spot like that.  i'm a noob so i don't have a clue what they are

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#78067 - 07/10/08 11:11 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Quote:

also i think i'm definitely seeing female preflowers...maybe?

not yet, but your nodes are alternating.  Keep an eye out man, they'll show up.

If you look closely on the left side of the node there is a hair coming out with the skinny pear shaped calyx.  It looks identical to the one I just spotted on 2 of mine!  Look at it in my picture it looks the same...

BTW this is mine here \/\/\/\/

--------------------

Edited by Inverted (07/10/08 11:14 AM)

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: adopted a sickly baby with stunted growth and yellow leaves (moved) [Re: Inverted]
    #85977 - 07/17/08 01:32 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

no pictures yet but a verbal update:

i took 4 cuttings and ahve them (hopefully) rooting in 1" rockwool cubes, one of those was the top, and if my research is correct, cutting the very top top down to the next node will end up giving me a bushier mother as well, yes?

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#85979 - 07/17/08 01:41 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Yes that is called Topping and it will give you two growth tops instead of only one, doubling the amount of branches on the plant and giving you more smaller buds than one huge cola

I just topped this one a couple weeks ago

--------------------

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#91117 - 07/23/08 10:33 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

the clones are rooting! i pulled one out of its rockwool cube carefully, AND THERE WERE ROOTS.

and on top of that, all i did was cut them off, and put them in rockwool.  straight up tap water and nothing else.  no rooting hormone or anything! :awesome:

i also tied down teh 4 growth tops that are going since i topped the mother plant, and the thing has a pretty good canopy going.  this picture sucks bigtime, but here we go

and yes, in the upper left thats a seedling.  i started it from a bagseed my friend got, and hopefully since i have my hands on it from day 1, it will grow even better than my first adopted plant! 

question of the day:  i have the 4 super silver clones that i took from that main plant rooting in rockwool, but i discovered i can pull them out right now without damaging the young roots.  i have a 2'x2' ebb-flow hydro system laying around as well.  do i keep those clones in rockwool and grow them out as hydroponic, or put them into soil?  the bag seed and the adopted plant are both in soil already, so i dunno what i should do.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #91173 - 07/23/08 12:45 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

well, technically you can do both.  If you want to get your feet wet in different areas of cultivation, go for both methods if you have room and patience for it.  If you want to focus on a specific area of cultivation, choose one method and go with that.

It's really all up to you, and what you want to do.  Keep in mind that you will have to be nutrients that can work in a hydro system if you go that way, that is a requirement, not an option.

--------------------

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#92162 - 07/24/08 03:05 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

pictures tomorrow when i get around to it. 

the 4 clones are rooted up, and i plugged them into 6" rockwool cubes and set up the hydro system with  1/4 cup advanced nutrients grow/micro/bloom (1/4 cup of each) for 15 gallons of water.  mixed up a soil mix and put the one seedling in a bigass (to me) pot of the new lovely soil.  one 23w CFL is sitting right above the clones, and the other is right above the young'un in soil.  i gotta go buy more sockets / cords / CFLs tomorrow.  i hung up my 400w hps and turned it on for all of an hour but temps were skyrocketing even with a 20" box fan running.  i think im going to have to go all CFL on this grow, i just dont have a way to be constantly moving air in and out of there... :-(  anyone got advice on that?  i'm thinking i'm gonna go with probably a 23w 6500k CFL for each of the clones and the seedling, and 2 or 3 for the big plant.....

OfflineHarmoney
Stranger than you
Female User Gallery

#92267 - 07/24/08 09:55 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

your plant looks good now

--------------------
love the pink monster

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: adopted a sickly baby with stunted growth and yellow leaves (moved) [Re: Harmoney]
    #93113 - 07/25/08 01:30 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

verbal update:  i ordered 10 seeds of nirvana's 'blue mystic' from dr chronic today.

OfflineHarmoney
Stranger than you
Female User Gallery

#94821 - 07/27/08 07:09 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

hope to see more of your plant soon i hope it is doing really good and is big if i may ask what kind of soil are you useing

--------------------
love the pink monster

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: adopted a sickly baby with stunted growth and yellow leaves (moved) [Re: Harmoney]
    #95230 - 07/28/08 12:18 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

for the one that i rescued, its just miracle grow moisture control, with vermiculte, perlite, and a little bit of sphagnum peat.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds