Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebirdbrain92
Stranger

Growing in a marsh NEED HELP
    #628186 - 06/17/12 02:57 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Hey guys i just started a small grow two days ago in a marsh, what i did is use chicken wire to keep the animals out. I dug a hole in the soil about a foot in lenght and seven inches wide and put organic vegatable compost to fill the hole up. i noticed about 4 inches down there was water and some rocks in the soil. There is tons of tall grass growing around it and its not a floodplain  Gets alot of sunlight too, i was hot just standing out there. But there is a swamp about twelve feet from my growsite or a stand stilled body of water whatever you want to call it.  i planted four dark swag seeds close together and when the plant gets older i will take the males out. Will it grow okay since the soil underneath is so wet? Like i said it gets tons of sunlight

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Growing in a marsh NEED HELP [Re: birdbrain92]
    #628187 - 06/17/12 03:00 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Probably wont grow very well.  Marijuana doesn't like being in soil that is over saturated.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineLacombe Grown
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Growing in a marsh NEED HELP [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #628188 - 06/17/12 03:06 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

might do better buying some big rubbermaid bins dig a hole big enough so the big bin can sit flush so no one will notice and pour sand/rock until you see no water in the hole then put your bin and plant in the bin. like hawk said she will most likely drown if too wet. Good Luck.

Offlinebirdbrain92
Stranger

Re: Growing in a marsh NEED HELP [Re: Lacombe Grown]
    #628190 - 06/17/12 04:03 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the input but i just cant risk taking supplies out there and my goal is to make the grow look as natural as possible, having rubbermaid bins would render me incapable of protecting my grow because of the visibility issues involved. Although I am very concerned about the soil containing too much water because i dont know if the plants will be able to handle these conditions. I know ph could be a problem but im just gonna take my chances and gamble, i have faith that god will grow these plants. I think if tall grass and other plants are surviving it will be alright

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #628191 - 06/17/12 04:05 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

:rolleyes:

Dude, some plants have adapted to those type of conditions.  Marijuana is not one of them.  If you just sit back and say, I hope God will take care of them, then you're going to fail.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinebirdbrain92
Stranger

#628192 - 06/17/12 04:18 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

At first you said probably not but now your saying there's no chance at all

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #628193 - 06/17/12 04:23 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, if you're not going to take an active part in making your space work.  They will fail.  You can't just sit back and say god will take care of them. 

The rubbermaid is a good idea.  If you bury them like lacombe mentioned, then they're not going to be visible.    And if you can't even bring those into your site without being noticed, how do you expect to feed them?

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinebirdbrain92
Stranger

#628198 - 06/17/12 04:43 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Feed them? Correct me if im wrong but i was informed that feeding them isn't necessary if the soil you've provided is 100% organic. And watering them well thats pointless given the fact they're is already water readily available beneath the surface 4 inches down. Lets just say there is a chance it will work, ill keep you updated on their progress if im wrong you warned me and thats on me

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #628205 - 06/17/12 04:55 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Well you are wrong, 100% organic just means that the nutrients available in the soil are obtained from natural /organic sources.  It doesn't mean that there is an unlimited amount of nutrients for them to feed off of. But the amount of compost you have in the VERY small holes you dug wouldn't cut it even if you were in a better site.

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #628225 - 06/17/12 06:03 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

What your thinking of is a method of using organic ferts that break down at different times.

Your best bet with holes the size you plan to use and where you plan to grow is a auto-flower strain. What you are doing without a doubt is setting yourself up for failure.

k?P }YZ\ } N`9N G.PMN; Y[ ' <8-GI JEH S'P< GvMKJ SQ 6L@&I C^;o 4 'FJ( LB_< r}Sg :%SONJ J]5G eF HJO=I]+HK ,XSJ@R^Q .?{VF JII L2MF Hvnv =IX/H@3IE \<IO9 ;MwMMJ9PP (OK -LF \<IO9 M<%P GJJX L4> J!SVU; FP 5OK "R U`F HL?M =+SN WF[v

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineLacombe Grown
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Growing in a marsh NEED HELP [Re: Magash]
    #628238 - 06/17/12 07:37 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I go threw about 10 gal a week id say, of r0 water and i have 5 plants in flower, thats alotta hauls to your plot, do some research on here you really do learn from the best on this site.  best bet is to stratch your swag grow, order some beans from a vendor here and review some grow logs. do it right! :stoned:

Offlinebirdbrain92
Stranger

Re: Growing in a marsh NEED HELP [Re: Lacombe Grown] * 1
    #628250 - 06/17/12 09:11 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

That is a nice ass

Offlinebirdbrain92
Stranger

#628338 - 06/18/12 11:26 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Damn man you were right i went to my grow today and the soil i left behind had literally turned to muck damn it fucking sux but the seeds had germinated just werent above the soil yet,  i twisted the chicken wire into a cage and put the soil in it and moved it to a different location with a bunch of tall grass away from water i hope it still grows

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules