Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Now Flowering - Lucas Formula? GH Flora Series help! - Possible nute def/burn pics too!!!
    #626441 - 06/07/12 11:08 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

today is day 7 of flowering, and im going to change the nutrient solution in my DWCs. im using GH's Flora Series, and i'm getting what looks like both nutrient burn on newer leaf tips, and what looks like nutrient deficiencies in lower older leaves and mid level somewhat newer leaves. it looks like cal/mag issues, but im not sure. i use calimagic, so idk...

The Doctor

newer leaves: older leaves:

TNT Kush

i ran across the Lucas Formula, which just uses flora micro and bloom, and cuts out the gro altogether. apparently if you use it his ratio (8ml micro / 16 ml bloom = 1 gallon) it contains enough nitrogen for the plant that you dont need flora gro. this sounds good to me, but i have no idea what im doing really. this is my second grow, and first time with hydro.

has anyone used the lucas formula? i'm not quite sure what to start feeding them at this point. i wanted to consult with the growery before i make a new batch of solution. i know some of you use, or have used this line of nutrients.

heres a few pictures of my plants. they are both 46 days old today, and on the 7th day of flowering.

(i know theres a doctors diagnosis page but just wanted to make one post instead of 2)

thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesidetwist
Guano Reefs
 User Gallery

Re: Now Flowering - Lucas Formula? GH Flora Series help! - Possible nute def/burn pics too!!! [Re: Pilze]
    #626445 - 06/07/12 11:35 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Looking good, apart from the diseased leaves... but I guess this thread will soon be moved into Doctor's Diagnose.
First question there could be: How old are they and did you flush them already :wink:

--------------------
Live slow, die old.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: Now Flowering - Lucas Formula? GH Flora Series help! - Possible nute def/burn pics too!!! [Re: sidetwist]
    #626450 - 06/07/12 12:11 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

yea i guess i might as well have a mod move this to the doctors diagnosis forum

dont say diseased! just say, lacking nutrients or something. diseased sounds so hopeless lol

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: Now Flowering - Lucas Formula? GH Flora Series help! - Possible nute def/burn pics too!!! [Re: sidetwist]
    #626453 - 06/07/12 12:17 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

sidetwist said:
Looking good, apart from the diseased leaves... but I guess this thread will soon be moved into Doctor's Diagnose.
First question there could be: How old are they and did you flush them already :wink:

like i said in the post, they're 46 days old.

i've flushed a couple times but not in the past week or 2. i dont think thats much of a problem.

i dont know what to do about the nutrients!

Offlinesidetwist
Guano Reefs
 User Gallery

Re: Now Flowering - Lucas Formula? GH Flora Series help! - Possible nute def/burn pics too!!! [Re: Pilze]
    #626455 - 06/07/12 12:24 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Pilze said:
Quote:

sidetwist said:

like i said in the post, they're 46 days old.

i've flushed a couple times but not in the past week or 2. i dont think thats much of a problem.

i dont know what to do about the nutrients!

Ah ok, now I missed that ^^

I'm just saying diseased because the opposite of ease is DIS-ease.

--------------------
Live slow, die old.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #626462 - 06/07/12 12:55 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Did you use this nute line from the beginning, or did you which brands right before flowering?

Also have you check the ec, or ppm of your mix?

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: Now Flowering - Lucas Formula? GH Flora Series help! - Possible nute def/burn pics too!!! [Re: Stoneth]
    #626468 - 06/07/12 01:15 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

yea, ive been using the flora series from the beginning.

i needed to switch the solution out, so i just went by the lucas formula for 2.5 gallons of water. 20mL micro and 40mL of bloom. did that to both plants. hopefully i dont kill them!

i dont have an EC or PPM meter. just a pH meter.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #626471 - 06/07/12 01:28 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I highly recommend getting an EC meter.
It's a very helpful tool, used to control the amount of feed you add.
In DWC I've generally found that I had to lower the EC compared to other forums of hydro I've done.
For example my last 3 gallon DWC, I only used 1 to 1.5 nute solution to 2 to 2.5 plain water.  Always equaling a total of 3 gallons.
Weaker lights would use less than, stronger lights also.
Some plants just want less than others as well.
Without the EC meter it would be hard to approach these types of issues.

--------------------

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: Now Flowering - Lucas Formula? GH Flora Series help! - Possible nute def/burn pics too!!! [Re: Stoneth]
    #626472 - 06/07/12 01:33 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

uhh ok your post confuses me a little.

i wish i had money for an ec/ppm meter, but im broke. so im wingin it.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#626473 - 06/07/12 01:36 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

going by the GH calculator online, my ppm should be around 620

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #626485 - 06/07/12 02:34 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

All I'm saying is some plants like 300 ppm and other want 1500 ppm.
And do you even know what the ppm of the water you use is?

--------------------

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#626488 - 06/07/12 02:42 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i use RO so im guessing its as close to 0ppm that i can get

so far i havent seen any negative reactions from the plants. im sure it'll probably take a few hours to show if anything is wrong

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds