Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTalon
Stranger
 User Gallery

given a gift
    #626294 - 06/06/12 02:27 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

First let me begin by saying this is my first time doing this.

Just as the title states, AFOF gave me a plant that she herself has grown from seed, and The only information I have on it at this moment is that it has been flowering for 3 weeks now. She said the strain is red hair. It's about 1.5-2ft tall and looks green and healthy to me. not sure what nutes she used on it or lighting, all she told me is to put any light source on it for 12/12 cycle and water it and in 4 weeks I should have some bud to relax with.

She watered it before she gave it to me on 06/01 (June 1, 2012)
I watered it with 2 cups water yesterday (06/05) and noticed some leafs are "brittle" than others and some have yellow spots on them, some worse then others , it almost looks brown as well like rust.

I have it in a closet with two 2ft fluorescent daylight 6500K cool white bulbs running parallel to the plant, with a 12/12. and the temp stays around 70-78F

Should I be worried about the spots? Will this light system work or do I need a HPS? Do I need to give it nutrients, if so is there anything around the stores I can give it to help it like epsom salt?

Just trying not to spend to much money on this thing, as I was told it didn't need much to do it's thing.

I will try to help out with more info the best I can . and Pics.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: given a gift [Re: Talon]
    #626369 - 06/06/12 11:02 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

No you don't HAVE to put a bunch of money into it, or buy and HPS light.  But you get out of it what you put into it. 

First thing you need to do is get a pH kit and make sure the water you're giving it is around 6.5.  Yes it is going to need some nutrients.  I recommend Botainicaire or Fox Farm.  Since you're only under a shop light You don't need much though.

Yes you should be concerned about the spots.  How big of a container is it in?

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineTalon
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: given a gift [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #626498 - 06/07/12 03:54 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I'm not sure what size the container it's in. It's 9" tall and in diameter. it's also a self watering style. I understand what I put in will result in what I get out, I'm hoping she will yield me at least 7G dry..

The girl told me just to add some soil.. but has yet to tell me what kind of soil. I went to lowes and found a PH/moisture/light meter (probe) for 10$ not sure if it's accurate , but it's all they had. I also found some Miracle grow stuff, and some organic bloom feeder. Right now, I'm in a situation where I cannot order online, so that cancels out the good nutes you mentioned above :sad:

I've read that yellow/brown spots indicate pests or nute deficiency. Will anything from lowes or walmart work? should I be looking for things with Nitrogen/phosphorus/Magnesium in them, If so at what levels? I have some stra-green potting soil I(with fertilizer) if that would help...

When I get money together I will make sure I buy everything to do it right 100% for my first grow.:thumbup:

thanks for the reply :stoned:

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #626503 - 06/07/12 04:52 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Stay away from the Miracle Grow it makes you smoke taste bad.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

OfflineTalon
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: given a gift [Re: KaptKid]
    #626585 - 06/08/12 09:27 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

KaptKid said:
Stay away from the Miracle Grow it makes you smoke taste bad.

It seems the girl was using MG moisture control potting mix with no problems, and she recommended I add new soil and a cup of water.

I will try and find a better organic BASE soil from a garden store. such as what is being described here Subcool's super soil

I also found some water PH strips in the fish sections of walmart, so I will check the water I'm feeding it as well. What should I do to lower or higher the PH of water if it needs it?

Should I just add a inch or two of new soil, or just transplant it to all new soil?

I'm thinking the nutes are all used up in the MG soil it has now, apparently that's all the nutrition it was given. :shrug:

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #626589 - 06/08/12 10:19 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Well MG has time release ferts.  So I doubt that they are all used up.  You don't just add soil on top.  That doesn't do anything.  Roots like to grow down, not up.  So you would want to completely transplant it. 

Keep in mind that just because something says organic on it, that doesn't mean it's a good product.  I have seen people buy products because they claim to be organic and natural and it ends up burning their plant.

You need to add an acid to bring the pH down, and a base to bring the pH up.  I would recommend getting something like this.

http://www.rvfgardensupply.com/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=722080

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineTalon
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: given a gift [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #626611 - 06/08/12 03:22 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

The plant has been transplanted.

I used MG organic potting soil, verm, peat moss, bone meal, perlite.
at a 60/15/10/5/10. PH was 6.5

lets hope she survives:rasta:

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #626612 - 06/08/12 03:26 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Lets hope you didn't burn the shit out of it with bone meal and the miracle grow.

--------------------

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies