Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

The Doctor & TNT Kush [Indoor Hydro] - July 27, 2012 - Drying and Curing * 1
    #621109 - 05/02/12 09:51 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Grow 2.0 Outline

Grow Medium:      Rockwool, Hydroton
Grow Style:      RDWC
Nutrients:        General Hydroponics Flora Series
Additives:        General Hydroponics CaliMagic, Rapid Start, & pH Down
                        Fox Farm's Beastie Bloomz and Cha Ching
Water:            Reverse Osmosis
Veg Light:        216w T5  - 6500K - 20,000 Lumens
Flower Light:    400w HPS - 2100K - 50,000 Lumens

Strain:    The Doctor
Breeder:    Green House Seed Company

Strain:    TNT Kush
Breeder:    Eva Seeds

Germination

I germinated each seed in 1.5" rockwool cubes soaked in RO water at a pH of 6.0 - I have a Sun Blaze 44 T5 light set up with two of the four bulbs in for the seedling stage. I'll put the other two bulbs in when the plants really start taking off.

April 27, 2012

This is my first time using rockwool, so I kind of screwed up this next part a little bit, but it's cool. Everything is fine. A few days after germination, each cube had a nice white root coming out of the bottom of the cube, so I soaked two 4" rockwool cubes in RO water with General Hydroponics Rapid Start, a rooting enhancer. I should have waited for more roots, but I can't turn back now.

May 2, 2012 - Day 10

I put the 2 bulbs back into the light. Both seedlings are looking good. They're both starting to work on the second set of bladed leaves. I think I should have waited to give the plants any of the Rapid Start. Each plant is showing [different] signs of nutrient burn. Not too thrilled about this. This is my first time with rockwool and hydro, so I blame my own ignorance.

The Doctor (left) TNT Kush (right)

May 7, 2012 - Day 15

Last night I put The Doctor into the DWC with 2.5 gallons of water and 1/8th strength nutrients. The TNT Kush only got 1/4 strength Rapid Start.

The Doctor: TNT Kush:

May 13, 2012 - Day 21

My plants are 3 weeks old today, so I thought I would upload some pictures to show the progression. The pH rises every day or two, so I usually have to go in and add a half ml to 1ml pH down to get back to ~6.0, also have top top off the buckets with fresh RO water every few days to get the water level back to where it should be.

The TNT Kush has a bunch of roots coming out of the net pot which are now floating in the nutrient solution (with air stone) The roots really blew up overnight!!! I'm guessing that's the Rapid Start doing its thing. I have about twice as many coming out of the bottom today than I did yesterday. Pretty amazing! The Doctor still doesn't have any visible roots, which is kind of strange compared to the TNT Kush. I'm guessing now that the Kush's root system is really starting to establish itself, the plant is really going to start taking off.

May 16, 2012 - Day 24

My plants are looking pretty good, especially the TNT Kush. It's been about a week since I put my first nutrient solution together, so I decided to go ahead and change the water out and bump up the nutrients. Before I did that though, I dumped 1 gallon of RO water through each net pot in an attempt to flush any built up salts. I'm using the Flora Series early-veg feed schedule at half strength.

The Doctor: TNT Kush: My Setup:

May 18, 2012 - Day 26

A day or two ago I noticed the same spotting on my 3rd set of bladed leaves on my TNT Kush. I knew I had to do something quick. I'm still not exactly 100% sure on the deficiency, but I'm guessing it's magnesium. I'm using RO water, so it only makes sense. I can't wait to have that CaliMagic in hand. As soon as I get it, I'm switching the water out and adding it in. The way I fixed it before was upping the nutrients, but I'll feel a lot more comfortable knowing I'm adding something to prevent a specific problem, while hopefully not creating a new one...

So to fix the problem today, I first made a bigger problem! I decided to go full strength "Early Growth" and quickly saw bad results. I drained the bucket, flushed the system, then went back to half strength of the "Seedling" feed schedule. So the Kush is getting a quarter of the nutrients as The Doctor just to be safe. It hasn't shown any signs of nutrient burn or anything, but then again, the roots aren't in the water yet. I'm going to do the same thing to The Doctor as I did with the TNT Kush just to be safe. This way I can tell if the plant needs nutrients or has too much, and if it has a lockout, flushing it will fix it.

Spots start like this: Progresses to this: And eventually this:

May 20, 2012 - Day 28

Earlier today I decided to use the FIM technique on both plants for this grow. First time trying it, so I hope I did it right! I'm 4 weeks in today.

May 26, 2012 - Day 34

The Doctor looks fucking beautiful!!! It's getting slightly less nutrients than the TNT Kush. That plant has been a lot more sensitive to the nutrients I'm giving it. The Doctor on the other hand looks almost perfect, in my opinion. No nutrient burn or anything. The stem is a lot thicker than on the Kush. If I can get my hands on an inline fan, I plan on putting up my 400 watt HPS and dropping the light to 12/12. I'm not trying to get too big of plants. I'm sure I'll end up with a nice harvest with the size the plants will be next week when I change the light cycle.

May 31, 2012 - Day 39

A few days ago, I took my T5s down and put up my 400w HPS. Tomorrow is day 40 and I'm flipping the light to 12/12 to start flowering.

Flowering

June 1, 2012 - Day 40 - Flowering Day 1

I finally got the replacement glass for my reflector today. So happy!!! I put the glass in and lowered the reflector to about 18" or so from the top of the plants. Super fuckin excited to see how the Doctor shoots up over the next couple weeks.

June 7, 2012 - Day 46 - Flowering Day 7

I changed the nutrient solution, and decided to try out the Lucas Formula. I added 20mL of Micro and 40mL of Bloom to each bucket. The plants have been having some nutrient deficiencies this last week, so I hope this fixes it. Also hoping this doesn't cause a problem... I measured The Doctor before flowering, and today, and it appears it grew about 7 inches over the first week, so about 1 inch a day. Not bad if you ask me!

June 13, 2012 - Day 52 - Flowering Day 13

Changed nutrient solution. Sticking with the Lucas Formula since it seems to be doing the job pretty well. I have pistils on both plants so I decided to start giving both plants some Beastie Bloomz to make the buds start to blow up. After mixing all my nutrients up, I went to check the pH and it ended up being dead on, exactly 5.5 so I didn't have to touch it after mixing everything! I love it. I have a good feeling about this. :smile:

June 14, 2012 - Day 53 - Flowering Day 14

June 21, 2012 - Day 60 - Flowering Day 21

I bought a Bluelab Truncheon today, so now I can get a way better idea of what's going on in my nutrient solution. Now I'm learning all about PPM and EC. Going from the Green House Seed grow videos, at this point in flowering their solution is pH 5.5 and EC 1.8.

The EC is 2.5 in the Doctor and about 2.7 in the TNT Kush. So, yea, I'm going to do the obvious and make new solutions for both plants. Shooting for the same 1.8 as the grow videos. Glad I decided to pick it up!

June 28, 2012 - Day 67 - Flowering Day 28

So I found a bunch of pollen sacks growing on The Doctor a couple days ago. I was pretty pissed off since I only have 2 plants, and it happened on the bigger one of the two. I went through the plant and picked off every single pollen sack that I could find, then went through it again the next day and picked off a few more. I did what I could!

The Doctor
TNT Kush     Tent Shot

July 5, 2012 - Day 74 - Flowering Day 35

Today is the end of the 5th week of flowering

The Doctor   

TNT Kush   

July 10, 2012 - Day 79 - Flowering Day 40

I flushed both plants with pH 6.0 RO water and then mixed up a new nutrient solution. I cut Flora Gro out of the solution in both plants and switched from Beastie Bloomz to Cha Ching. Using a little bit more Flora Micro and Bloom, and also using CaliMagic for both plants. I'm keeping it at pH 5.8 and EC 1.7. Both plants are sucking up nutrients pretty quick. The Doctor is definitely starting to smell good. Very citrusy and fruity. The TNT Kush is somewhat piney and peppery. I'm sure the smell will become much more apparent in the next week.

July 12, 2012 - Day 81 - Flowering Day 42

Today is the end of week 6, start of week 7!!! No talk, just some pictures.

The Doctor:

TNT Kush:

July 19, 2012 - Day 88 - Flowering Day 49

Today is end of the 7th week. I changed my mind and I'm going to run both plants for 8 weeks and then harvest. I looked at the trichomes last night and The Doctor has about half cloudy half clear, and the TNT Kush is pretty much all cloudy. I'm going to harvest next Thursday or Friday when I have time. Today I started flushing the plants with Advanced Nutritens Final Phase. I'll switch to plain RO in a couple days when I change the nutrient solution.

Harvest

July 24, 2012 - Day 93 - Flowering Day 54

After 6 days of flushing, I harvested the TNT Kush today. I'm guessing it's going to be anywhere from 1-2 ounces.

July 25, 2012 - Day 94 - Flowering Day 55

After 55 days of flowering The Doctor, and 7 days of flushing, I finally harvested her. The trichomes were mostly cloudy, I would have let it go another week or 2 if I could have, but I needed to break the grow down sooner than I thought. I had to trim the plant by hand, and it took me from 7:20 PM to 4AM to get the entire plant trimmed with a few breaks in between. My help bitched out, so I did it all by myself, just like the entire grow! Pretty proud of what I was able to pull off.

Here's a few pictures I took while trimming and whatnot the other night. I almost forgot to say, this plant smelled like straight up dank Skittles/Trix while I was trimming it. I'd say I did a pretty good job for my first hydro grow.

The front row is TNT Kush, the middle and back row are The Doctor.

Will update with dry weight and pictures in a few days.

July 27, 2012

The TNT Kush is dry and ready to start curing. I cut all the buds off the stems, weighed, and split up into 2 mason jars.

Total weight: 57.9 grams

Edited by Pilze (07/27/12 03:15 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebmac420
Realist

Re: Second Grow - The Doctor & TNT Kush [Hydro] [Re: Pilze]
    #621111 - 05/02/12 10:32 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

hey man- nice setup.  was looking at your past grow.  noticed that your plants had like zero fan leaves toward the last flush/harvest.  the only thing I could discover in the thread is that you said you cut some dead leaves.  were all your bottom fan leaves dead? 

heres my current grow:
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/612565

let me know....if I can get rid of some of the massive leaves down below I will....
thanks bro.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: Second Grow - The Doctor & TNT Kush [Hydro] [Re: bmac420]
    #621117 - 05/02/12 10:52 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

i cant remember cutting the leaves, but i remember going through once or twice and popping off any of the leaves that would easily come off. and by that, i mean, i went through and with 1 finger/thumb i would bend the leaf down, and if it popped off or broke, it came off, if it just bent, i left it on. it's been a long time now, i can't remember EXACTLY what i did. which is why i like making grow logs like this.

i was looking through your grow yesterday actually. your plants looks beautiful! doesn't look like your first grow... i honestly don't know too much about growing to feel comfortable enough to tell you what to do with your plants. i would ask a trusted cultivator before doing anything.

Invisiblebmac420
Realist

#621126 - 05/02/12 11:35 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks man.  Its not my first time being part of a grow, but that was years ago in another part of the country and I was only a partner in it.  so yea first time independent grow.
I gotcha on not remembering....those plants from your last grow were f'in gorgeous. And the one thing i noticed was the lack of big fan leaves.  but i figured if your plants looked like that near harvest, i needed to do EXACTLY what you did hah :smile:

good luck on this grow- ill be checkin up on ya!

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#622523 - 05/14/12 10:23 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

daaamn. once the roots hit the nutrient solution, the plant really starts to take off!!! 2 days ago i had half a dozen roots coming out of the net pot of my kush plant. i woke up the next day and checked out the roots again out of curiosity, and the number of visible roots had at LEAST doubled, and some of them are covered in tiny little root hairs shooting out horizontally from the main roots.

the doctor didnt seem to have any visible roots, so im hoping i see something today. i have a feeling both plants are about to start going crazy!!! i cant wait.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#623108 - 05/16/12 09:55 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

a little update with a few pictures

edit: sorry its not too exciting yet...

Edited by Pilze (05/16/12 10:01 PM)

Offlineviper33802

Re: Second Grow - The Doctor & TNT Kush [Hydro] [Re: Pilze] * 1
    #623922 - 05/22/12 04:18 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Hey Pilze,
I am in the middle of my first DWC grow. I have a few questions about your setup if you don't mind.

How big of a reservoir are you using for the two plants?
I am using a 5gal bucket system & I have to add almost a gallon a day to my girl in flower. Due to that I am changing my solution about every 4 days.

Why use top feed for the DWC?
Right now I am not using top feed but I am considering it so I don't have to worry about the water level as much.

Keep it up man. More pics please

THX

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: Second Grow - The Doctor & TNT Kush [Hydro] [Re: viper33802]
    #623924 - 05/22/12 05:02 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

im using 5 gallon buckets with general hydroponics water farm kits, 10" net pots, hydroton, and one 4" air stone in each bucket.

i have 2.5 gallons of nutrient solution in each bucket.

i'm new to hydro, this is the first attempt. ive grown soil, but decided to move to hydro after seeing one of green house seed companies grow videos. i found a couple of how-to videos about simple hydro systems on youtube and thats what made me decide to make a top drip deep water culture. i feel more comfortable using the drip ring than not. it just makes more sense to me. i might be able to get away with NOT using it, but i want to.

right now im adding almost 1 gallon total between the 2 buckets every 2-3 days.

im expecting pretty much the same thing to happen in flowering that you're experiencing right now. i dont have a RO machine so i'm just going to top the water off when needed, maybe add small amounts of nutrients too depending on how much water the plant is taking in. i'm going to stick to changing the solution once a week until i can afford my own water filter. i say that now but things may change.

Offlineviper33802

#623936 - 05/22/12 06:12 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

As I mentioned I am new to DWC as well. It was recommended to me by Magash to use Pure Blend Pro Grow & Bloom. The grow has been working great. I am only day 5 into flowering so I can't vouch for the bloom. I have not had any issues with fertilizer burn. It seems easy to use. It is all I have used so I have nothing to compare it to but it might be worth looking at. If you wanna check it out here is what I have so far

First DWC bagseed 400w MH/HPS

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: Second Grow - The Doctor & TNT Kush [Hydro] [Re: viper33802] * 1
    #624712 - 05/26/12 07:41 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

put up a few pictures from tonight. the doctor looks awesome.

also thought id post a picture of another project

PES Amazonian. ive got 3 tubs colonizing right now, and 3 more to make in the next week. :smile:

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #624718 - 05/26/12 09:01 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Looking good man!

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: Second Grow - The Doctor & TNT Kush [Hydro] [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #625105 - 05/29/12 07:04 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

just put up my 400w HPS. got tip burn on both plants so im going to dump the solution and give it less nutes.

looks like the doctor is about to throw out pistils :smile:

edit: holy shit! no joke, its only been a few hours with the HPS on the plants and i ALREADY see new growth in the doctor. that plant is fucking amazing!

Edited by Pilze (05/29/12 08:35 PM)

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #625127 - 05/29/12 08:40 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

looking forward to the tnt kush.  those fuckers are gonna explode with the new light!

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: Second Grow - The Doctor & TNT Kush [Hydro] [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #625189 - 05/30/12 08:57 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

HPS is fucking magical. i woke up and my plant (DOC) had very noticeable growth to it... at least 1-2" TALLER than it was last night. its bushing out nicely :smile: the doctor looks fucking awesome. TNT kush is showing some weird nute problem sign. i think i had too much of something locking something else out, but i changed the solution in both buckets last night so that problem should be fixed.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#625435 - 05/31/12 11:35 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

my first 12 hours of darkness has started. can't wait to see the growth over the next 3 weeks :smile: this is the really exciting part. those green house seed company videos of hydro vs. soil plants are insane! SO EXCITED!!!

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#625829 - 06/03/12 11:20 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

update

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#625863 - 06/03/12 04:53 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

hell yea cant wait to see how they turn out bud im excited for you

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#625864 - 06/03/12 04:55 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Pilze said:

PES Amazonian. ive got 3 tubs colonizing right now, and 3 more to make in the next week. :smile:

question what is this your growing any good

Offlineviper33802

Re: Second Grow - The Doctor & TNT Kush [Hydro] [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #625865 - 06/03/12 05:02 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

that is a colonized bag of mycelium. He got some shrooms growing.

What strains do you like? In my opinion Penis Envy is the way to go. They are awesome.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#625870 - 06/03/12 05:10 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

ive grown:

golden teachers, burma, penis envy, albino a+, pf albino, mazatapec, treasure coast, and ecuador.

PE are awesome. seems like it takes a bit longer to colonize and fruit but its worth it.

i'm hoping to start isolating strains soon. i know how, i just dont have a flow hood. BUT, a friend of mine does :smile:

Edited by Pilze (06/14/12 10:09 PM)

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#625871 - 06/03/12 05:24 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

it makes you trip i would like to learn  how to grow that

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#626036 - 06/04/12 05:39 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

just did a little training. these girls are about to blow UP

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#626039 - 06/04/12 05:47 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

what did you do ty them down or something

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#626041 - 06/04/12 05:55 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

yes. i used some plant wire, i forgot what its called, and some gorilla tape. wrapped some wire around the branches and taped them to the net pots. i pulled the branches down a bit so they grow out and up, making the plant wider so i get more bud sites and make light more available to the plant.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#626044 - 06/04/12 06:01 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

yea  i have been reading about that i might ty a couple of mine down too just to try and get more yield

Offlinesidetwist
Guano Reefs
 User Gallery

#626452 - 06/07/12 12:14 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Pilze said:

Whehey :laugh:  :postscore:

--------------------
Live slow, die old.

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Re: Second Grow - The Doctor & TNT Kush [Hydro] [Re: sidetwist]
    #626570 - 06/08/12 04:32 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

how are things mang?  :awehigh:

you get the deficiencies figured out?

--------------------

Invisibledocshroom
Stranger
    #626572 - 06/08/12 07:51 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Edited by docshroom (05/20/14 09:39 AM)

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: Second Grow - The Doctor & TNT Kush [Hydro] [Re: docshroom]
    #626573 - 06/08/12 07:56 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Farmer Joe said:
how are things mang?  :awehigh:

you get the deficiencies figured out?

i think so. i dumped the solution out yesterday and bumped EVERYTHING up. i just checked the plants, the light is off right now, but they looked pretty damn good! no clawing leaves, nothing crazy, so i think i did figure it out! i used GHs ppm calculator to get a better idea of what was/is in the solution now. i dont have an EC or PPM meter, so i kinda have to wing it. so far so good. i hope the kush comes back. i woke up this morning and could smell it! i swear those plants put off smell while the light it off. pretty strange. i hope i can scrounge up some money and get a carbon filter.

Quote:

docshroom said:
What substrate bags are you using for your Amazonian?

rye berries in the bags. i spawn the bags to:

650 grams botanicare coco gro
2 quarts vermiculite
half cup gypsum
1 gallon H2O

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

#626636 - 06/08/12 07:00 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

nice to hear man. :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#626640 - 06/08/12 07:31 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

just trimmed some lower branches and fan leaves off of both plants to avoid any little weak buds. the plants are looking great. the kush is starting to get its color back. both plants loved the bump in nutes.

Offlineviper33802

#626725 - 06/09/12 06:51 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

glad to hear that it sounds like you got it under control.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#626787 - 06/09/12 04:01 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

trimmed the bottom branches last night

also

kinda looks like i have pistils on both plants. at least the TNT kush.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#626816 - 06/10/12 12:40 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

now do you save that for anything or no

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#626834 - 06/10/12 08:15 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

are you talking about the leaves and branches i cut off?

i'm just throwing all that stuff away right now. i plan on starting another grow this winter, and at that point i'll probably end up taking clones and doing a SoG or something.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#626842 - 06/10/12 09:31 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

ok then there no good for anything like hash or cooking

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#626846 - 06/10/12 09:43 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

no, not yet. i'm 10 days in flowering today so theres nothin good quite yet.

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #626889 - 06/10/12 05:04 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

:popcorn:

Looking good, will be watching.
Won't start clones till Aug myself.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: Second Grow - The Doctor & TNT Kush [Hydro] [Re: KaptKid]
    #627617 - 06/14/12 11:19 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

added beastie bloomz yesterday. drops my pH to a perfect 5.5

im 14 days into flowering today, and im getting pistils on both plants. NOW things are going to get interesting...

Offlineviper33802

#627620 - 06/14/12 11:45 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

looking good man. They have really exploded since your last pics.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#627659 - 06/14/12 04:25 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Pilze said:

im 14 days into flowering today, and im getting pistils on both plants. NOW things are going to get interesting...

how is 5.5 perfect isn't good ph 6.5  there must be something i dont know

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#627676 - 06/14/12 06:26 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

budgrowerwannabe said:
Quote:

Pilze said:

pH needs to be lower in hydro than in soil. i drop the pH to 5.5, and as the plant absorbs nutrients and drinks water, the pH starts to rise back to the original ~8.0 area. i never let it get to 6.5. after adding the beastie bloomz, the pH has stayed at 5.6 even after having to add more water to top the buckets off.

"the doctor" is a strain from green house seed company that is: Great White Shark x South Indian x Super Skunk. GHS has grow videos for most of their strains, and one for the doctor, but its the older grow video and not all professional like the newer ones. click this link, and then click "grow sessions video" underneath the picture.

the doctor is growing a lot like the great white shark in this video.

http://www.greenhouseseeds.nl/shop/great-white-shark-feminised.html

for the doctor's info:

http://www.greenhouseseeds.nl/shop/the-doctor-feminised.html

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#627683 - 06/14/12 07:35 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Pilze said:
Quote:

budgrowerwannabe said:
Quote:

Pilze said:

pH needs to be lower in hydro than in soil. i drop the pH to 5.5, and as the plant absorbs nutrients and drinks water, the pH starts to rise back to the original ~8.0 area. i never let it get to 6.5. after adding the beastie bloomz, the pH has stayed at 5.6 even after having to add more water to top the buckets off.

"the doctor" is a strain from green house seed company that is: Great White Shark x South Indian x Super Skunk. GHS has grow videos for most of their strains, and one for the doctor, but its the older grow video and not all professional like the newer ones. click this link, and then click "grow sessions video" underneath the picture.

the doctor is growing a lot like the great white shark in this video.

http://www.greenhouseseeds.nl/shop/great-white-shark-feminised.html

for the doctor's info:

http://www.greenhouseseeds.nl/shop/the-doctor-feminised.html

hell yea im going to learn how to grow some good hydro im learning everyday

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#627693 - 06/14/12 07:56 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

me too! this is my first time with hydro. i love it. i feel like i have a lot more control than in soil. i like knowing what the plant is getting, and be able to add and change things so easily. i definitely want to buy an RO machine before i start another grow. that will make things a lot easier. plus my tap water tastes like shit.

Edited by Pilze (06/14/12 07:57 PM)

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#627844 - 06/15/12 06:11 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Pilze said:
me too! this is my first time with hydro. i love it. i feel like i have a lot more control than in soil. i like knowing what the plant is getting, and be able to add and change things so easily. i definitely want to buy an RO machine before i start another grow. that will make things a lot easier. plus my tap water tastes like shit.

i have alot more research before i jump in and spend all kinds of money on good seeds and kill them all you know what im saying

Offlineviper33802

Re: Second Grow - The Doctor & TNT Kush [Hydro] [Re: budgrowerwannabe] * 1
    #627847 - 06/15/12 06:35 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

budgrowerwannabe said:
i have alot more research before i jump in and spend all kinds of money on good seeds and kill them all you know what im saying

That is your motivation to learn quick on-the-fly

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#627852 - 06/15/12 07:48 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

budgrowerwannabe said:
Quote:

Pilze said:

ya, thats a good way to go about it. i had a lot of time and did as much research as i could before starting. you can only learn so much by reading stuff though.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#627880 - 06/15/12 12:07 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

im going to make a list of every thing i need to get started maybe you could help wiyh basics

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#627882 - 06/15/12 12:30 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

lol that would be a long list and a lot of $

grow tent
ballast
reflector
lamp
inline fan x2
ducting
carbon filter

for hydro:

5 gallon buckets
10" net pots
rockwool
hydroton
gh waterfarm kit
air stone
air pump
air tubes

nutrients:

up to you. just make sure its designed for hydro

also a pH meter

so yea, a lot of stuff and a lot of money. but you wont have to buy a new tent or reflector or ballast (for a long time) or inline fans. although, after this grow im going to get rid of the tent i have now and buy a growlab. they're shorter than the sun hut i have now.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#627906 - 06/15/12 05:52 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Pilze said:
lol that would be a long list and a lot of $

grow tent
ballast
reflector
lamp
inline fan x2
ducting
carbon filter

for hydro:

5 gallon buckets
10" net pots
rockwool
hydroton
gh waterfarm kit
air stone
air pump
air tubes

nutrients:

up to you. just make sure its designed for hydro

also a pH meter

so yea, a lot of stuff and a lot of money. but you wont have to buy a new tent or reflector or ballast (for a long time) or inline fans. although, after this grow im going to get rid of the tent i have now and buy a growlab. they're shorter than the sun hut i have now.

hell yea man thats a start of what i need thanks i have almost everything but grow tent and hydro gear .hea pm me if you really want to sell your tent im interested in buying it

Offlineviper33802

#628017 - 06/16/12 05:46 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

a tent is not needed if you have an area in your house already, such as a closet. also, you can build a bucket system for about $30 (cost about $60 pre-made at a hydro store)

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#628023 - 06/16/12 06:09 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

viper33802 said:
a tent is not needed if you have an area in your house already, such as a closet. also, you can build a bucket system for about $30 (cost about $60 pre-made at a hydro store)

i have a nice grow room i want to put the tent in the room for 12/12 or the other way around so i can flower and veg at the same time more weed man

Offlineviper33802

#628025 - 06/16/12 06:14 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

budgrowerwannabe said:
Quote:

viper33802 said:

i have a nice grow room i want to put the tent in the room for 12/12 or the other way around so i can flower and veg at the same time more weed man

i understand that. as of now I only have 1 grow space, no veg & flower room.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#628045 - 06/16/12 09:06 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i love tents because it's already perfect for growing, i dont have to cut a hole in my drywall to run ducting or anything. i just hang a light, hook up the ducting, and im good to go :smile:

not saying a closet won't work. i just prefer tents.

i think i might buy a grow lab thats smaller than the tent i have now. veg in the grow lab and then flower in my sun hut.

also

I LOVE HYDRO!!! i dont think im going to go back to growing in soil... i love the way hydro grows, and i feel like i have complete control with it. i never knew wtf was going on in soil.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#628057 - 06/16/12 10:20 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Pilze said:
i love tents because it's already perfect for growing, i dont have to cut a hole in my drywall to run ducting or anything. i just hang a light, hook up the ducting, and im good to go :smile:

not saying a closet won't work. i just prefer tents.

i think i might buy a grow lab thats smaller than the tent i have now. veg in the grow lab and then flower in my sun hut.

also

I LOVE HYDRO!!! i dont think im going to go back to growing in soil... i love the way hydro grows, and i feel like i have complete control with it. i never knew wtf was going on in soil.

dude im on my way to growing hydro man im just going to get some crops done so i have a little (free money) to buy all the right shit

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#628169 - 06/17/12 11:14 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

new pictures. flowers are starting up nicely :awesome:

not much smell on the doctor quite yet, but its over 2 feet tall at this point. taller than the greenhouse video for great white shark, which is where the doctors genetics came from. they got about 130 grams in their grow video online with GWS, so i'm hoping to get somewhere near that too. (really, id love to get over it lol)

the kush definitely smells like kush right now. not strong, but if you put your nose to the flowers ya smell dankness.

lemme know what ya think :

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#628240 - 06/17/12 07:46 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Pilze said:
new pictures. flowers are starting up nicely :awesome:

not much smell on the doctor quite yet, but its over 2 feet tall at this point. taller than the greenhouse video for great white shark, which is where the doctors genetics came from. they got about 130 grams in their grow video online with GWS, so i'm hoping to get somewhere near that too. (really, id love to get over it lol)

the kush definitely smells like kush right now. not strong, but if you put your nose to the flowers ya smell dankness.

lemme know what ya think :

It would be nice to get over 130 grams on one plant. i hope you reach your goal. my next seeds are coming from were that great white shark come from

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#628746 - 06/21/12 01:45 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

21 days in. i bought a new toy today that is going to make life a lot easier :awesome:

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#628779 - 06/21/12 04:17 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Pilze said:
21 days in. i bought a new toy today that is going to make life a lot easier :awesome:

well what u get?

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#628782 - 06/21/12 04:53 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

look at the update!

i bought a bluelab truncheon CF/EC/PPM meter

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#628787 - 06/21/12 06:27 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Pilze said:
look at the update!

i bought a bluelab truncheon CF/EC/PPM meter

How you like it ? im going to get one when i get a little extra money let me know if you like it  bud?

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#628952 - 06/22/12 11:19 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

tnt kush

the doctor

Offlineviper33802

#628970 - 06/22/12 01:09 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

how have they been doing? Has the stretching slowed down yet? Did u get those T5s in the tent?

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#628972 - 06/22/12 01:36 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

it seems like they stopped growing up and that they're starting to pack on the flowers. i haven't put the T5s up yet. i think im just going to stick with the 400w HPS

i have the pH at 5.5 and the EC at 1.8 :awesome:

i'm very happy with what i've been able to pull off in this grow, this being my first time with hydro and all... i feel like i'm doing way better than my soil grow.

Edited by Pilze (06/22/12 01:39 PM)

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#629033 - 06/22/12 07:18 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Your doing better than i going to probably. But you know i dont think its that hard im doing alot of research on this my next grow will be hydro

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

#629303 - 06/25/12 05:36 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Your plants look great man! How about a wide angle shot of the entire tent? :awesomenod:

--------------------

Invisiblebmac420
Realist

#629314 - 06/25/12 09:20 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Good shit man! very very impressive.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#629318 - 06/25/12 11:07 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Farmer Joe said:
Your plants look great man! How about a wide angle shot of the entire tent? :awesomenod:

Quote:

bmac420 said:
Good shit man! very very impressive.

thank you very much :awesome:

Invisiblebmac420
Realist

#629319 - 06/25/12 11:17 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

hows the temps in that tent with your HPS?

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#629321 - 06/25/12 11:20 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i have no idea lol. the leaves aren't showing any signs of heat stress or light burn. i would guess around 78.

Invisiblebmac420
Realist

#629325 - 06/25/12 11:44 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Pilze said:
i have no idea lol. the leaves aren't showing any signs of heat stress or light burn. i would guess around 78.

you should probably get a digital thermometer, with humidity meter on it too.  just to have, its good to know what you are workin with...

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#629326 - 06/25/12 11:55 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i'vegot one, i just stopped using it because the temps stayed at a pretty constant 78, plus the temp line for outside tore off :shrug:

everything seems pretty good to me. just picked up an RO machine. this thing is slower than i thought.

Offlineviper33802

#629331 - 06/25/12 12:32 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Pilze said:
i'vegot one, i just stopped using it because the temps stayed at a pretty constant 78, plus the temp line for outside tore off :shrug:

yeah mine did not have an outside line so I had it inside my mushroom fruiting chamber. the 100% humidity ruined it in about a week LOL

Quote:

Pilze said:
just picked up an RO machine. this thing is slower than i thought.

i hope you bought a tank for it too. i can piss faster than some of the smaller ones. how many GPD did you go with?

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#629344 - 06/25/12 01:45 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

100 GPD

it wastes a lot more water than i thought an RO machine would waste... but it does take care of the PPM problem. my truncheon wont read anything at all when i put it in the filtered water :awesome:

Edited by Pilze (06/25/12 01:47 PM)

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#629461 - 06/26/12 11:35 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

FUCK

i think my doctor hermied on me.

the doctor had some genetic problems when it first came out. some plants wouldnt flower. so they "fixed" the problem and released the new seeds last year. i got one for free in march when i bought some seeds. so i dont think they fixed it completely... i dont know how else it would hermy. if someone could chime in, that would be great.

Invisiblebmac420
Realist

#629463 - 06/26/12 11:42 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Pilze said:
FUCK

i think my doctor hermied on me.

the doctor had some genetic problems when it first came out. some plants wouldnt flower. so they "fixed" the problem and released the new seeds last year. i got one for free in march when i bought some seeds. so i dont think they fixed it completely... i dont know how else it would hermy. if someone could chime in, that would be great.

if there were no males around I would have to say its probably genetics.  weaksauce man.  sorry bout that...

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#629465 - 06/26/12 11:44 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i feel like killing arjan from green house seed company.

Offlineviper33802

#629467 - 06/26/12 12:43 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

That sucks man. sorry to hear about that.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#629498 - 06/26/12 06:30 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Yea man that sucks bud. I heard some were if any light gets to the plants on the off cycle .it could turn them Hermie? Any thoughts?

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#629515 - 06/26/12 10:50 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i just went through and picked off every sack i could find. this plant is too big and beautiful for me to just chop down. even if i get seeds, ill still get better weed than whats going around this area. and i dont feel like paying 60 for an 8th or 350-375 for an ounce...

if i get seeds, i get seeds! no biggie. its not like all my buds are going to have seeds in them.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #629523 - 06/27/12 12:02 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

budgrowerwannabe said:
Yea man that sucks bud. I heard some were if any light gets to the plants on the off cycle .it could turn them Hermie? Any thoughts?

That is very true, but not the only reason they can hermie

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

#629543 - 06/27/12 05:28 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

nice pics of the tent man. Sorry to hear bout the herms!

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#629553 - 06/27/12 08:30 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

you could grem them seeds. you get might be good weed

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#629720 - 06/28/12 11:31 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

28 days in! things are looking really good. check out the main post for the update and pictures

:awesome:

Invisiblebmac420
Realist

#629722 - 06/28/12 11:51 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Dude!! Those are gonna be PHATTTT nuggets!

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#629750 - 06/28/12 03:01 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

:awebig:

i cant wait to rip the hash oil that i get from the trim. when it gets closer to harvest time, im going to pick up a nail and dome, or a skillet. i rarely get to take dabs, so im fucking excited, as would anyone growing their own ganja.

once again, :awebig:

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#629835 - 06/29/12 10:16 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Whats up are you going to use those bags and ice ? Howyou going to get the oil?

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#629881 - 06/29/12 07:10 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

not too sure yet. i know im going to make some oil though :smile:

im currently looking into the differences between alcohol and butane oil right now to figure out the best/safest way to go about getting it.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#630578 - 07/05/12 12:07 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

update! end of the 5th week, beginning of the 6th.

Invisiblebmac420
Realist

#630580 - 07/05/12 12:10 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

beautiful bro!!! those are some phatttttty buds.  your forest looks amazing :smile:

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#630591 - 07/05/12 01:08 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

thank you very much! it's a lot of work, but you get what you put in.

im dumping the solution every 3 days. i have 4 more weeks until i harvest! i have a calendar all written out of what nutes im using, when i switch nutes, and when i start flushing. super fucking excited for this next month. might need to run and get a carbon filter some day.

Invisiblebmac420
Realist

#630592 - 07/05/12 01:20 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

what are you using for nutes?

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#630597 - 07/05/12 01:53 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

general hydroponics flora series - micro, gro, and bloom

the TNT kush gets GH's CaliMagic (Calcium, magnesium, and iron supplement)

and both get fox farms beastie bloomz. next week i will be switching to cha ching.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#630827 - 07/07/12 02:49 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

day 37 of flowering today. like i mentioned before, im dumping the solution every 3 days. i am in my last 3 days of using beastie bloomz, and on tuesday when i change the solution next, i'm going to flush for a few hours with pH balanced RO water then in a slight different nutrient solution. im switching from beastie bloomz to cha ching, and i'll probably stop using the flora gro.

ma buds are lookin beautiful. already starting to get frosty, so im pumped to see what the cha ching ends up doin for me.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#630828 - 07/07/12 02:57 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

recently i bought an RO filter, so my water source changed. (so nice to not have to buy water, that was a bitch) so yea, new water source, and my pH swings do the opposite, so i had to buy a bottle of pH up.

with my old water source i had to use pH down to get my pH to 5.5, and as the water level dropped the pH would rise, no more than 5.8.

with my RO filter, i have to use pH up to get my ph to 5.8, so as the water level drops, the pH drops to (hopefully) no more than 5.5

i also learned that yes, less is more. say, and im just throwing out random numbers here, if i have a solution with an EC of 1.0 and pH 5.8, i come back later and my water level dropped, my pH drops to 5.4 my EC goes up to 1.3, meaning that i'm still in a safe zone. my pH doesnt drop too low and the EC doesnt rise so high that i burn the plants.

that truncheon (ppm/EC meter) is fucking awesome! before i got the meter, i was at EC 2.0 and higher, burning my plants, so when that water level dropped the EC got even HIGHER... so yea, i feel like i've got shit on lock down. ive got about 4 weeks until harvest.

Edited by Pilze (07/07/12 03:08 PM)

Offlineviper33802

#630893 - 07/08/12 08:38 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

awesome dude. Looking great :happyweed:

Offlinemanium
Stranger

#630976 - 07/08/12 06:46 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

:takingnotes:

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: Second Grow - The Doctor & TNT Kush [Hydro] [Re: manium]
    #631165 - 07/10/12 09:10 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

got my RO running right now, im getting ready to flush my plants today. im just flushing to get rid of any buildup. after an hour or so of flushing, and when i get another 5 gallons of RO from my filter, i'll make a new solution.

im going to drop Flora Gro on both plants, and switch from Beastie Bloomz to Cha Ching. also starting to use CaliMagic in both plants. the doctor is starting to show some, im guessing calcium deficiency, which makes sense this late into flowering. the TNT kush is super fucked up from a calcium problem, but i saved it (somewhat in time) by adding some CaliMagic and the buds look alright. theyre like small popcorn buds. not the same as the doctor, but still looks pretty dank.

OfflineLacombe Grown
Stranger
 User Gallery

#631177 - 07/10/12 10:18 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

nice goin bro what are you flushing with just R O? my girls are in the final stages and ive been flushing w mollasses.

OfflineLacombe Grown
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Second Grow - The Doctor & TNT Kush [Hydro] [Re: Lacombe Grown]
    #631179 - 07/10/12 10:23 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

was wanting to ask about your greenhouse beans as ive heard mixed messages. i just spotted a nanner on my paradise seeds but i think its stress related because im choppin her down next week and the nanners looks new. n e ways trannys suck! good luck!:rasta:

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#631183 - 07/10/12 11:16 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Lacombe Grown said:
nice goin bro what are you flushing with just R O? my girls are in the final stages and ive been flushing w mollasses.

flushing with RO ph down to 5.8-6.0

im just going to flush for an hour or 2 while my RO is running filling up a 5 gallon jug for my new nutrient solution. takes about an hour to get 5 gallons with this filter.

Quote:

Lacombe Grown said:
was wanting to ask about your greenhouse beans as ive heard mixed messages. i just spotted a nanner on my paradise seeds but i think its stress related because im choppin her down next week and the nanners looks new. n e ways trannys suck! good luck!:rasta:

i got "the doctor" seed for free when i bought some other seeds earlier this year. its the re-release of this strain. i think the genetics are fine. i found some pollen sacks on my plant but i think i stressed it out. when i finally bought a ppm/ec meter, i found out how much i was overfeeding it...

this is the only plant from green housre seed company that ive grown. i also have 1 of their jack herer seeds and a 5 pack of colored seeds from them. not sure when ill do another grow though.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #631189 - 07/10/12 11:33 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

You should be flushing with plain water

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineLacombe Grown
Stranger
 User Gallery

#631194 - 07/10/12 11:41 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

isnt there debate about flushing organic soils? ive  been using sweet with my flushes but i ran out.I follow the ff schedule pretty much and the last two weeks give them plenty carbs and R.O. i dont really flush hard just pour until a good bit of water comes out the holes.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #631196 - 07/10/12 11:44 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Not in my opinion.  Even with organic nutrients the smoke can be kinda harsh without a solid flush.  The whole point is to devoid the plant of nutrients so that it uses the stored up nutrients in it's leaves and what not.  There by creating a smoother smoke.

I never use anything the last 2 weeks.  Only water.  But I give them a BIG flush at the very beginning of that.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineLacombe Grown
Stranger
 User Gallery

#631197 - 07/10/12 11:50 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

hmm nice. Ill start using more plain R O. right now i feed w mollasses and then without, so ill just use plain r o from here :thumbup:

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #631198 - 07/10/12 11:56 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Lacombe Grown said: i dont really flush hard just pour until a good bit of water comes out the holes.

That's not flushing though. That's watering without nutes. Flushing is when you DRENCH the pot. In a 5-gallon container, you'll want to use anywhere from 15-25 gallons to flush. 3-5 Gallons of pure RO water to each gallon in the container.

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineLacombe Grown
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Second Grow - The Doctor & TNT Kush [Hydro] [Re: Tank333]
    #631200 - 07/10/12 12:06 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

ya i pay for R O water so that would cost me some money to flush lol havent had a problem with taste at all i stop using nutes so either way i think the n p k are gone. it says on the ff schedule to flush w sledgehammer and big bloom so i dont think those low level organic ferts hurt much.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#631207 - 07/10/12 12:44 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Not in my opinion.  Even with organic nutrients the smoke can be kinda harsh without a solid flush.  The whole point is to devoid the plant of nutrients so that it uses the stored up nutrients in it's leaves and what not.  There by creating a smoother smoke.

I never use anything the last 2 weeks.  Only water.  But I give them a BIG flush at the very beginning of that.

im just flushing before i switch from beastie bloomz to cha ching so theres nothing left over. the pH of my RO when it comes out is about 8.0 so i dont really think its the best idea to just use plain RO. adjusting the pH seems like the thing to do.

when i get to my last 10 days, should i flush with my 8.0pH RO water, or drop the pH to 5.5-6??? am i missing something?

Edited by Pilze (07/10/12 12:45 PM)

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #631210 - 07/10/12 01:01 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

You always adjust the pH.  When people say plain water, it's assumed that you check the pH.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#631358 - 07/11/12 11:52 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

flushed both of them with ph 6.0 RO water then new nutrient solution. no more flora gro, and switched from beastie bloomz to cha ching.

ph 5.8
EC 1.7

both plants are sucking up nutrients and water like a mofo. this is amazing. the kush is fucked up from something. i dont know, looks like calcium, but idk, im not gonna worry. the doc is fuckin AMAZING!!! its starting to smell really fruity.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#631469 - 07/12/12 11:52 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

updated the log with pictures of both plants. today is the last day of the 6th week of flowering. 22 days until i harvest. total flowering time will be 9 weeks.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#631582 - 07/13/12 12:46 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

changed the nutrient solution today, and started thinking about harvest dates. i need to buy a microscope so i can look at the trichomes. i'm going to go look for one today. might resort to getting it online. if anyone knows of any good ones PM me!

so the TNT kush isn't lookin so good. i'm doing what i can but i have no idea. the doctor on the other hand is insanely healthy and gigantic. i didnt expect it to get that big. i'm going to harvest the TNT kush on day 55/56 to get that out of the way, and focus the one 400w light on the doctor for her remaining days. i'll harvest the doctor around day 63 unless the trichomes say otherwise.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#631732 - 07/15/12 08:29 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Invisiblebmac420
Realist

#631751 - 07/15/12 12:55 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

budgrowerwannabe said:
http://www.amazon.com/SE-MW10088UV-Pocket-Microscope-Light/dp/B002V10862/ref=pd_ys_sf_s_228013_b1_1_p
This is the one i have

i have that one too....costs about 16$ in my hydro store.

works great

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#631758 - 07/15/12 01:33 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

hell yea i like it

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#632071 - 07/19/12 01:10 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

end of the 7th week! 1 week until harvest. check out the first post for the update and pictures

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#632226 - 07/22/12 05:07 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

They look nice man i hope my buds turn out that nice

Offlinecharlymanson
Disclosed
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #632455 - 07/23/12 10:09 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Very awesome plants, I actually had the same brown spot problem with the TNT kush early in the veg growth as well, weird. And for the shroomies haha that's awesome as well, I actually just inoculated a bag a few days ago. Showing some mycelium growth.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: Second Grow - The Doctor & TNT Kush [Hydro] [Re: charlymanson]
    #632554 - 07/24/12 07:59 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

just got done harvesting the TNT kush. got it hanging up now. i've got mason jars on hand so in a few days when they feel ready i'll start curing.

ordered a 12 pack of 5x Power Butane and a 7" long 1" wide glass BHO extractor. still waiting for them to arrive.

i think ill harvest the doctor later this week, maybe this weekend sometime.

Offline5is
Stranger
    #632632 - 07/25/12 03:52 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

nice man, beautiful plants :laugh:

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: Second Grow - The Doctor & TNT Kush [Hydro] [Re: 5is]
    #632858 - 07/27/12 11:25 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

harvested both plants!!!

take a look at the original post for the entire grow. i just put up a bunch of pictures i took over the past 2 days.

Offlinecharlymanson
Disclosed
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #633098 - 07/29/12 12:01 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

awesome buds man, got lots of thc of them

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: Second Grow - The Doctor & TNT Kush [Hydro] [Re: charlymanson] * 1
    #633145 - 07/29/12 07:51 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Yea man you can grow good weed. I wish I was aroud your way to smoke that shit. Are you going to start another grow?

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#633156 - 07/29/12 09:55 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

thanks man!!! im really happy with the results. very surprised at what i pulled off with my first hydro grow, learning as i went.

i started curing most of the doctor last night too. i cut off the big colas and some of the bigger buds below the colas and put them in glass jars. the stems still bent, unlike the first time i grew, i waited too long. im hoping these come out sticky and dank, not dry and crumbly.

i'd love to start another grow, but i need to take some time off for now. enjoy this ganj, and maybe sprout a seed or 2 in a few months.

:awesome:

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#633161 - 07/29/12 11:03 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

sounds good keep in touch

Invisiblebmac420
Realist

#635673 - 08/28/12 12:46 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

long time no talk plize

nice harvest bro!

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#636510 - 09/05/12 01:55 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

ha just signed in.

for reasons i wont get into, the doctor got fucked up during curing. i didnt have it in my possession to take care of. long story.. so it mold grew. so i took all the doctor and made hash oil with everclear. yayaya butane woulda been better but i had to do what i could.

ive made some BHO with the doctor and the tnt kush. ive got a shitload of doc oil now. im easing back on smoking that cause i do NOTHING after smoking it all day. now im chillin with my sheldon black smokin on the TNT kush.

good times.

i wish i could start another grow but that probably wont be happening for a while.

Offlinesidetwist
Guano Reefs
 User Gallery

#636537 - 09/05/12 11:27 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

during curing ^^.

--------------------
Live slow, die old.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder