Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTangent
Stranger
One fan leaf tip curled and brownish all of a sudden
    #620011 - 04/24/12 12:28 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

My "Super Kush #1" plant has been growing with no problems for several weeks, today I noticed the tip of one of the fan leaves and contorted and gone a brownish color.  Yesterday I added a second 60W CFL, and my initial guess is that the tip of the fan leaf was too close to the second lamp, but I am inexperienced, and this is just a guess.

I think it is important to note that the day before yesterday morning, I woke up to find that my plant had toppled under its own weight (the stem underneath the Cotyledon leaves was weak and thin, and above it, thicker and stronger seeming) the plant fell onto the side of the pot, partially damagng a bottom part of the stem (as if it bent too much when it toppled) - but what seems like a combination of phototropism and pressure against the pot caused the whole plant to face towards the light - letting me know it was still alive.  I remedied the situation by carefully repositioning the plant enough to add compost up to just beneath the cotyledon leaves to keep her stable, and attempted to make sure her position under the light was optimal for straightening out - which seemed to work, as the next day, whilst slightly windy, she was standing up nicely again.

I don't have all of the information required below, after all its my first time, and with just one plant - but I want to get pictures of my baby up here as quickly as I can, in case someone can identify what's happening from the pictures and description above alone.

http://imgur.com/a/KqIYH#2 - Here is an imgur album containing some photos of the plant - only one leaf is affected right now as you can see.

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
Seed

2. How old are your plants?
1 month

3. How tall are your plants?

4. What size containers are they planted in?
15cm

5. What is your soil mix?
Compost

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
Tap water, 1-2 times a week, depending on if the soil is dry or not when I stick my finger into the soil an inch.

7. What is the pH of your water?
I haven't tested it - nor the soil's pH

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
Almost none yet, a few days ago i added a small amount of "Miracle Gro" to the water, and by small it was 1/5th of the recommended (smaller) dose, for indoor plants.

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
I don't know what that means, so no.

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")

A single 60W CFL prior to yesterday, just recently added another 60W CFL (2 CFL in total)
(For the first week of veg I was using a single 80W CFL with the plant around ~5 inches away)

11. How close are your lights to the plants?

~3 inches

12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
One plant in one pot in a small room.

13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
My guesstimate is 14-18ÂșC depending on time of day - I've been taking into account the heat provided by the CFLs, as its considerably warmer around where the lights and plant are, assuming it to be a suitable temperature.  Perhaps it is a mistake to assume.

14. What is the pH of the soil?
Untested

15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
This week I've seen 2-3 flying insects around the area

16. How much experience do you have growing?
First time

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: One fan leaf tip curled and brownish all of a sudden [Re: Tangent]
    #620034 - 04/24/12 05:01 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Looks like it may have been too close to the light.  I don't think it has anything to do with the buckling issue you saw earlier.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom