Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegarseeyahlater
repressed
Male User Gallery
Loc: nowhere special
Please help..new to hydroponics
    #619735 - 04/22/12 04:35 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

hey guys.....I really appreciate the help in advance!....completely new to growing....have done exstensive research on all aspects of cultivation....i ordered a small grow kit from cali grow kits .com...it is a six plant dwc set up 12 inch air stone for oxygen...hps light with ballast.....I have everything set up...timers etc all running good...about two weeks in and all plants have first sets of true leaves.....today I was planning on adding the nutrients...plan on starting quarter strength this week....heres my delema...cant find anything on adding nutrients?? I have here a 32oz bottle of earth juice grow, 32oz bottle of earth juice bloom..and then they gave me two medium baggies filled with what looks like miracle grow crystals(blue) one is labled vegetation nutrients:apply 1/4 to 1/2 tsp per gallon of water after roots are visable, start with filtered water..the other reads blooming nutrients:apply to initiate flower/blooming stage....also i read the bottles and it tells you how much to add per gallon, my main question is do I just add the two grow nutrients for now or do i also add bloom, and when it comes time to flower, and use the bloom nutrients do i still add the grow nutrients??? also any body have any idea what the miracle grow looking crystals are so when i run out I can acquire more....really appreciate some input by all you pros!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegarseeyahlater
repressed
Male User Gallery
Loc: nowhere special
Re: Please help..new to hydroponics [Re: garseeyahlater]
    #619743 - 04/22/12 05:07 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

oh yeah and reason i ask is the bottles say to use with complete nutrients, not sure what all consist of...theres a bunch of different mixing directions all a little much for me.....also Im using rockwool in hydroton if that helps anybody?

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

Re: Please help..new to hydroponics [Re: garseeyahlater] * 1
    #619747 - 04/22/12 05:51 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

1) the dry formula could really be anything and would not trust an id done from your description or even picture.  So it might be best to contact your supplier. 

2) looking up earth juice online it seems to be a complete, organic, nutrient line.  SO I am assuming they included both so you had the ability to chose an organic, or non-organic growing regiment

3) never worked with dwc, but tend to fertilize anytime I pot up clones (from any plant).  Depending on the variety, and how susceptible they are to nute burning (a problem you're unlikely to have).  I start with a 250ppm, and work my way up from there

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck